• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd honestly be cool with an unlock code. I just want to be able to experience the challenge of unlocking them.

Also, I think it would be interesting if secret characters showed up on the CSS as lock icons. That way, you know when you're missing something. Same for stages. It would also let you know whag series a character is from occassionally so you know if you need an idea of where to start.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so about the supposed leak/rumour (I don't even know how to call this) from Sourcegaming where someone uploaded some images that apparently give away the newcomers for smash switch : https://www.imgur.com/a/H8bcips.
What do you think about it? I think the leaker already said who these images are supposed to represent and among them we can find Ice Climbers, Wolf, Geno, Simon, and Ridley (White furby = Little birdie I'm guessing). Do this add more credibility to the Simon/Ridley leak?

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Hey, so about the supposed leak/rumour (I don't even know how to call this) from Sourcegaming where someone uploaded some images that apparently give away the newcomers for smash switch : https://www.imgur.com/a/H8bcips.
What do you think about it? I think the leaker already said who these images are supposed to represent and among them we can find Ice Climbers, Wolf, Geno, Simon, and Ridley (White furby = Little birdie I'm guessing). Do this add more credibility to the Simon/Ridley leak?
is fake, but is a fun one.
The fat doctor octopus is Porky by the way.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
is there any reason to put stock in this one? like the other leaks going around at least come from semi-credible sources, where did this come from?

i kinda want it to be fake cause if the furby represents ridley then we're probably getting the Other M design, eeeugh. not even getting wolf back is enough to counterbalance that.

Zeox

Smash Champion
is there any reason to put stock in this one? like the other leaks going around at least come from semi-credible sources, where did this come from?

i kinda want it to be fake cause if the furby represents ridley then we're probably getting the Other M design, eeeugh. not even getting wolf back is enough to counterbalance that.
The ""leak"" is not saying that is ridley from other m, is just saying that is ridley but in a clever hidden way, pretty much like a game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's fake by default guessing all the characters added or resurrect is by default fake

By the way can someone tell which ones are what?

I know some of them

By the way I realized furby is Ridley because I realize they reseamble little birdie from other m (doesn't mean it's other m Ridley just so you know)

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
The answers are in the general thread (don't rememeber them). So I'll try to guess:
1.- IC obviously
2.- King Boo? jeje no idea
3.- Chorus Kids
4.- Takamaru
5.- No idea
6.- I want to say someone related to antropomorphic animals fighting in space riding spaceships but who knows.
7.- Our lord Ridley
8.- I wanna say K. Rool?
9.- Mmmm Savvy Stylist or Medusa KI
10.- Like Zeox Zeox said: Porky
11.- I honestly don't know
12.- Simon Belmont
13.- Sora
14.- Geno
15.- Snake

Zeox

Smash Champion
The answers are in the general thread (don't rememeber them). So I'll try to guess:
1.- IC obviously
2.- King Boo? jeje no idea
3.- Chorus Kids
4.- Takamaru
5.- No idea
6.- I want to say someone related to antropomorphic animals fighting in space riding spaceships but who knows.
7.- Our lord Ridley
8.- I wanna say K. Rool?
9.- Mmmm Savvy Stylist or Medusa KI
10.- Like Zeox Zeox said: Porky
11.- I honestly don't know
12.- Simon Belmont
13.- Sora
14.- Geno
15.- Snake
5. :

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The images are meant to be for these:
  1. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
  2. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  3. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  4. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
  5. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  7. Wolf (Star Fox)
  8. Ridley (Metroid)
  9. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  10. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
  11. Porky Minch (Mother / Earthbound)
  12. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
  13. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  14. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  15. Geno & Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
  16. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
This was discussed on the K.Rool discord.

I don't think this "leak" is worth looking into.

Zeox

Smash Champion
  2. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  7. Wolf (Star Fox)
  8. Ridley (Metroid)
  10. Medusa (Kid Icarus)

is 100% fake... but I wish it wasn't, I would be so happy with this roster!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
  2. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  7. Wolf (Star Fox)
  8. Ridley (Metroid)
  10. Medusa (Kid Icarus)

How salty was the air over there? All those characters and still no K.Rool. ngl seeing Porky on there and no K.Rool just makes no sense to me.

Also why is it Geno and Mallow?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  2. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  7. Wolf (Star Fox)
  8. Ridley (Metroid)
  10. Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Oh, I am not buying this for a second. Text-based leaks are one thing, but unrelated images that 'hint at characters lol'? This is some Nostradamus Prophecy of the Popes level BS. You know once anything's revealed, someone'll string a straw graspey way to connect it to these images.

Besides, they've got some good picks, but others? I'm not seeing it. Big ones for me: Mother's dead, so why Porky? He's definitely not requested by casuals. Ditto Samurai Goroh, especially if Takamaru's gonna be in - do we need two samurai? And Medusa? I remember when Sakurai was concerned about bias enough to leave DDD out of Melee, and now he's at a lever to have more playable Kid Icarus characters than games in the series. Granted, I can't read Sakurai, and each of those are legitimate possibilities, but I don't think those would have high chances. No offense intended to people who would like those characters though. Not to mention that that's A LOT of newcomers in the first place, and I don't know how many we're going to get if we're being offered minimal cuts as well.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
if it does turn out to be the real deal, and if ridley is done justice, then this roster makes 4's look like a joke. look at all those fan favorites finally getting the attention they deserve! i don't even like donkey kong but i'll go cheer with its fans over dixie and k rool. if nothing else it'll take my mind off krystal's absence

Besides, they've got some good picks, but others? I'm not seeing it. Big ones for me: Mother's dead, so why Porky? He's definitely not requested by casuals.
i don't get this part. what about Porky inherently suggests he'll be good in competitive play? or have i always been wrong about what "casuals" refers to..?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
i don't get this part. what about Porky inherently suggests he'll be good in competitive play? or have i always been wrong about what "casuals" refers to..?
Sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant people who don't hang out on game forums speculating. Especially in the west, Mother 3 never released, so people who aren't well-versed in Nintendo games probably don't even know he exists. I doubt he did well on the ballot outside of Japan due to obscurity. All the west has to go on is EarthBound, but I don't know how much of an impact that had, even after VC.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Smash ballots from japan? remember that Sakurai could easily grab the 50 most voted characters, go one by one looking at them, judging how much potential they have and if they can be added or are stupid requests (like goku), and then add it.
Also may I remind you that Lucas is also from mother 3 yet he was added and keep there.
Last but not least, they could add a mother 3 translation finally coming here with the announcement of porky.
Now, and I repeat myself, the fake is leak, but that doesn't means any of those characters are impossible.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
How salty was the air over there? All those characters and still no K.Rool. ngl seeing Porky on there and no K.Rool just makes no sense to me.

Also why is it Geno and Mallow?
From what I've read, Geno & Mallow are supposedly a team.

Also, apparently Porky Minch is in a spider mech.

I know... it sounds... odd.

Oh, I am not buying this for a second. Text-based leaks are one thing, but unrelated images that 'hint at characters lol'? This is some Nostradamus Prophecy of the Popes level BS. You know once anything's revealed, someone'll string a straw graspey way to connect it to these images.

Besides, they've got some good picks, but others? I'm not seeing it. Big ones for me: Mother's dead, so why Porky? He's definitely not requested by casuals. Ditto Samurai Goroh, especially if Takamaru's gonna be in - do we need two samurai? And Medusa? I remember when Sakurai was concerned about bias enough to leave DDD out of Melee, and now he's at a lever to have more playable Kid Icarus characters than games in the series. Granted, I can't read Sakurai, and each of those are legitimate possibilities, but I don't think those would have high chances. No offense intended to people who would like those characters though. Not to mention that that's A LOT of newcomers in the first place, and I don't know how many we're going to get if we're being offered minimal cuts as well.
I think the text came after the images.

I agree though, I'm finding it difficult to believe this myself.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The term 'casual' doesn't necessarily refer to competitive play, but rather just someone who only has a passing interest in something. Usually it goes hand in hand though, a casual Smash fan won't be very good in competitive play as he doesn't practice or play for hours a day, but in this case it refers more to how a relatively obscure character like Porky probably isn't recognizable to your average casual Nintendo fan, who isn't likely to play anything beyond the biggest titles that Nintendo push, and neither do they partake in Smash speculation or do research on potential characters for it.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
From what I've read, Geno & Mallow are supposedly a team.

Also, apparently Porky Minch is in a spider mech.

I know... it sounds... odd.

I think the text came after the images.

I agree though, I'm finding it difficult to believe this myself.
Ugh as much as I want some of these characters, that Geno/Mallow team makes me not want this to be true.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I know there's alot of fake leaks, but, doesn't feel kind of fishy how almost all of them are hinting Ridley? The Spyro one doesn't, but clearly highlights the "Purple Dragon" more that the main third party (Crash).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know there's alot of fake leaks, but, doesn't feel kind of fishy how almost all of them are hinting Ridley? The Spyro one doesn't, but clearly highlights the "Purple Dragon" more that the main third party (Crash).
They're really just piggybacking off of the Vergeben leak, which is the only leak we have with an ounce of credibility to it in general, the rest are no different from the thousands of "leaks" that said he'd be in Brawl and Smash 4.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
That "leak" feels like they just added every single most wanted character they could.

I mean, I'd hope that it's real, but I highly doubt it. The amount of 3rd parties don't throw me off though. After Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Ryu in Sm4sh, it feels like Nintendo wants to make Smash into an All-Star fighting game that includes characters from various other companies instead of just Nintendo characters.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I think it's real because I like the idea of Samurai Goroh being a rival to Takamaru, plus with Medusa Simon will feel right at home since she's usually a boss in Castlevania games.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
So from this image leak, it's saying we're supposed to get this roster:

If this was the actual roster, I wouldn't really complain since it has Ridley and K.Rool, my two most wanted newcomer characters, plus it has Wolf, a veteran I want back (though I'd be kinda disappointed that Bandana Dee and Isaac aren't on there). As Chrollo. Chrollo. said, it's like they're adding every single most wanted character they could. Plus they seem like they're jumping on the bandwagon on DasVergeben's Ridley + Simon Belmont + Ice Climbers leak (not that the leak would've been limited to being suggested by him as such). Though at the end of the day, as long as Ridley and King K.Rool are playable, I don't care who else they throw at us.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

If this was the actual roster, I wouldn't really complain since it has Ridley and K.Rool, my two most wanted newcomer characters, plus it has Wolf, a veteran I want back (though I'd be kinda disappointed that Bandana Dee and Isaac aren't on there). As Chrollo. Chrollo. said, it's like they're adding every single most wanted character they could. Plus they seem like they're jumping on the bandwagon on DasVergeben's Ridley + Simon Belmont + Ice Climbers leak (not that the leak would've been limited to being suggested by him as such). Though at the end of the day, as long as Ridley and King K.Rool are playable, I don't care who else they throw at us.
IF this is real, I can see them leaving off Bandana Dee and Isaac as DLC like they did with MewTwo in Smash 4. Thats a huge if though.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Couldn't the ghost be Decidueye?
It might be, though I think Mimikyu was the one it was supposed to be pointing to (I'd rather Decidueye).

IF this is real, I can see them leaving off Bandana Dee and Isaac as DLC like they did with MewTwo in Smash 4. Thats a huge if though.
Yeah, I suppose they could, followed by Springman and a few characters.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
iwouldnt put too much faith into the image leak .. looks like someone trying to imitate the chienese pokemon leaker but instead of putting images that were real enigmas, he put stupidly obvious ones...

(I mean, A wolf hinting wolf? seriously?)

The only cool one was actually ridley hinted by the furby XD

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

:squirtle::ivysaur:? :crying:

I'd really hope that, if this were the final roster, that these guys would be remerged with Charizard. That roster has all unique veteran movesets return except for the two of them.

Still seeing a decent lack of Zelda reps here, and the third parties are meh for me, but I could live with this.
But can I get Urbosa and Dovahkiin for DLC then pls?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
No :squirtle:, no :ivysaur:. There shall only be :025:. :025: is infinite, :025: is eternal.

More seriously... bleh. So much effort put into trolling, these days.

Also, who do I need to bug to get the original fat Pikachu sprite added?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey Ridley fans just want to say I’m rooting for the purple space pirate leader. Don’t his chances and leaks aside I hope you get you’re main space dragon in.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
That image leak is complete bull lol

It's a dream-roster leak that no one would be able to have this early.

On the topic of Ridley, however, it's funny that, if any of Vergeban's sources are true:

AM2R comes out -----> Samus Returns

Smash Legacy XP relsease with fully fleshed Ridley ------> Ridley in Smash 5

Someone mod Ridley into Mario Tennis Aces so Nintendo copies plz

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
this leak roster looks fake asf anyways, there are characters that i dont see happening, like at all... almsot half of them to be honest, and look the reason why i want ridley and think he is rly rly logical is fairly simple
metroid is one of the main franchises of nintendo, i mean it was?
ridley is basicly the bowser or ganondorf of metroid, he is as iconic as samus,
he is unique and offers not only an interesting fighter visually, but also a vicious fightingstyle, something the smash 4 bowser has now,
ppl also recognize him instantly as somebody important
the other characters well most of the wanted once dont have the same thing going for them, and dont misread this, i dont say i dont want them, its just to me they dont make as much sense

bandana dee??? looks like a generic enemy from kirby, ( i never played kirby but thats what he looks like)

dixie kong, another ape, that looks like a genderswapped diddy to me, my buddy said that looks boring, and he is not rly a nintendo player if you know what i mean, also why not k rool instead? if you choose between them there is not rly a choice because whos better the thrid ape who looks like diddy, or the fat pirate croc dude who looks unique

Geno, i have no idea who that is, he isnt even like this meme hate character like duckhunt or for that matter exite bike, as dumb as it sounds ( i know what he looks like btw its just how it is)

Choros kids? kay since i follow smash community since before smash 4 i kinda know about them, but outside of that i dont rly know who that is either

Porky a villain from one game most of us never played or rly know exept maybe from brawl?

i mean comon ppl, be honest with me, these guys are like flying with a 30% chance at best, just because you have to sell them somehow

other characters that i can totaly see and why are
isaac, i mean he is an iconic oldschool character of a famous series that had some relevance, he would represent the series
Snake as a returner makes sense sinse its fing snake man
Takamaru ( swordfighter,.. aother one), but this time its a samurai, i guess samurais are cool, that sells and he looks kinda cool
K rool is just a very cool dude id say the same reasons why ridley is possible, with one little hindrence i think, that is ownership
Medusa/ Hades are both kinda important to the series and again staple villains of their series, who is the quetion both are cool
simon / even trevor belmont, alucard? all these guys are recognizable, unique, are cool as heck, and are part of the reason why the word metroidvania exists, so they make tons of sense to me and again this sells like hotcakes
Banjo kazui rayman, both of them are legends so it makes sense
crash spyro, again legends in gaming

offballs like steve from minecraft ( YES THE NIGHTMARE) Dante from devil may cry and even the masterchief have a chance since they are icons, as redicoules as it sounds

this is how i feel about those dudes
and yeah sure the guys with a to me 90-100 % chance like springman, rex& aegis, are there too, but in the end its about what sakurai will let pass, what sells, and what nintendo is willing to throw at us. so these rosters with the likes of dixie bandana dee and stuff are to me basicly a thats fake thing

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Someone mod Ridley into Mario Tennis Aces so Nintendo copies plz
Now that's a game where the size argument really doesn't hold a candle. I mean, Petey Piranha, Chain Chomp and Wiggler were all made playable in Mario Tennis at one point :p

And about the hints leak, yeah, your typical pre-E3 fake leak.

As I said in the general thread, these rumors are all riding on Vergeben's train. And I already find that one hard to believe, as much I want it to be real

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Get can you guys help me, I'm looking for a legit reason why the roster leak is fake but I can't seem to find an actual reason outside of "it sounds too good to be true" or "these choices make no sense".

Can you help me find one?

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
You don't need actual reason to believe a leak is fake. Especially during hype. However, you need a reason to believe a leak is true. And concerning that sixteen images leak, there's nothing to back it up. That's why nobody gives it credit.

Top Bottom