• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if ridley is not in e3 it wont be over, There is a chance nintendo can switch out there plans to discredit rumors

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
if ridley is not in e3 it wont be over, There is a chance nintendo can switch out there plans to discredit rumors
If that's an option, they probably should've revealed Robin and Bowser Jr. at E3 2013 instead of Palutena and Pac-Man. All that did was add more fuel to Gematsu.

Either way, I still say E3 or bust for Ridley.

Nah.

E3 events like this are planned super far in advance. No point in moving things around to discredit rumors. Thye've never done it before, as far as we know, and they have no reason to. It just delays the inevitable all while ****ing themselves over.

It's possible for leaks to be wrong, but Ridley to still be in, but that's another matter.
:061:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Which is the Ven leak?

Also, yes, I need that game and Pokéball controller. And Mewtwo confirmed to return plz?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I’m starting to think we should temper our expectations.

It’s looking more and more like the Lazzyman leak is the one that’s true. He correctly named the date that Nintendo Switch Online details would be announced. Since then, more aspects of his leak have been true. The Pokémon info ended up being correct, as was revealed yesterday. His leak also included a new Sonic racing game, and today a Sonic racing game was officially announced. The Lazzyman leak says the newcomers for E3 will be Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro (and that Ice Climbers will be shown to return). No mention of Ridley. Furthermore, the Lazzyman leak has been a cluster because he was actually giving away information about his source to whoever PM’d him (linkd in account, text messages, etc). His source, it turns out, is a marketing worker for Best Buy—and also his brother— who has now gotten into trouble for leaking information (at least according to the original thread about the leak).

If Vergeben’s leak was true, he surely would have mentioned something about Crash and Spyro. The Lazzyman leak, which is showing to be much more accurate, mentions nothing of Ridley or Simon Belmont.

As far as I’m concerned, I think it’s safe to say that Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro will be the big E3 reveal. I guess it’s still possible that Ridley could be confirmed at a later day, but I’d be lying if this didn’t feel like a disheartening blow.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I’m starting to think we should temper our expectations.

It’s looking more and more like the Lazzyman leak is the one that’s true. He correctly named the date that Nintendo Switch Online details would be announced. Since then, more aspects of his leak have been true. The Pokémon info ended up being correct, as was revealed yesterday. His leak also included a new Sonic racing game, and today a Sonic racing game was officially announced. The Lazzyman leak says the newcomers for E3 will be Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro (and that Ice Climbers will be shown to return). No mention of Ridley. Furthermore, the Lazzyman leak has been a cluster because he was actually giving away information about his source to whoever PM’d him (linkd in account, text messages, etc). His source, it turns out, is a marketing worker for Best Buy—and also his brother— who has now gotten into trouble for leaking information (at least according to the original thread about the leak).

If Vergeben’s leak was true, he surely would have mentioned something about Crash and Spyro. The Lazzyman leak, which is showing to be much more accurate, mentions nothing of Ridley or Simon Belmont.

As far as I’m concerned, I think it’s safe to say that Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro will be the big E3 reveal. I guess it’s still possible that Ridley could be confirmed at a later day, but I’d be lying if this didn’t feel like a disheartening blow.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76588675
The guy came out and said it was fake. Not to mention some of the online info was incorrect to begin with so besides the date there was nothing substantial about this leak.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It’s looking more and more like the Lazzyman leak is the one that’s true. He correctly named the date that Nintendo Switch Online details would be announced. Since then, more aspects of his leak have been true. The Pokémon info ended up being correct, as was revealed yesterday
Interesting...the K.Rool thread is celebrating the exact opposite. They're citing that the artstyle is not what was leaked, and also that there is a release date, not a general window.

Either way, I'm not buying any leak until I see it fulfilled. And I'm not expecting Ridley until he's shown off in game.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Interesting...the K.Rool thread is celebrating the exact opposite. They're citing that the artstyle is not what was leaked, and also that there is a release date, not a general window.

Either way, I'm not buying any leak until I see it fulfilled. And I'm not expecting Ridley until he's shown off in game.
Honestly, I saw that in the K Rool thread. I didn’t want to say anything to them but it kind of reminded me of us during Smash 4 speculation celebrating the way Ridley’s shadow moved, thinking it meant he was playable.

The things he got wrong are splitting hairs—nothing was fully incorrect, just not exact. The art style is exactly what was leaked, and date vs window is, like I said, splitting hairs. I’d be shocked if this leak turns out to be false. All signs point to true.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lazzyman wasn't even the first person to "leak" the game, that goes back to this 4chan poster who posted it on April 1st.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And also, the "leak" with Captain Toad/Spyro/Crash originally came from this 4chan poster whose information has also been debunked because of what they said about Nintendo Switch Online having Game Boy support and Voice chat on the system.

But this has nothing to do with Ridley at all, so let's try changing the subject at hand.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I saw that in the K Rool thread. I didn’t want to say anything to them but it kind of reminded me of us during Smash 4 speculation celebrating the way Ridley’s shadow moved, thinking it meant he was playable.

The things he got wrong are splitting hairs—nothing was fully incorrect, just not exact. The art style is exactly what was leaked, and date vs window is, like I said, splitting hairs. I’d be shocked if this leak turns out to be false. All signs point to true.
Well iirc the Lazzyman leak also stated that the new pokemon game would be revealed on E3 and that it would feature graphics between Sun and Moon and Pokken, which imho do not look a single bit like that.
Also, I don't think Crash and Spyro would make it BOTH in the game, I mean we have talked about this already. Crash has some possibilities thanks to the N'sane trilogy but Spyro just got its remake revealed and I think he missed the train for this smash.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Lazzyman wasn't even the first person to "leak" the game, that goes back to this 4chan poster who posted it on April 1st.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And also, the "leak" with Captain Toad/Spyro/Crash originally came from this 4chan poster whose information has also been debunked because of what they said about Nintendo Switch Online having Game Boy support and Voice chat on the .

But this has nothing to do with Ridley at all, so let's try changing the subject at hand.
Here’s the link to that: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/414524048/

Like I said, anything “proving” that leak false is splitting hairs at best. There’s been nothing to debunk it at all. And honestly, the fact that this leaker and Lazzyman has such similar info is all the more reason to give it credibility. As for Lazzyman saying he lied...that never happened. Somebody posted, claiming to be a Lazzyman alt, claiming it was all a lie. Anyone could have done that.

Additionally, since the leak mentions that there will be a Ridley tease (for Prime 4, not Smash), it stands to reason that this leaker would have known if Ridley would be playable. Look, I want the Vergeben/Emily Rogers/Picture Hints stuff to be true too. But those have no true predictions as of yet, and Lazzyman’s is stacking multiple true predictions at this point.

Doubting the Lazzyman leak at this point feels like people who tried to find reasons to doubt the ROB Roster Leak during Brawl, and the Gematsu like during Smash 4.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Look, if there's false info in ANY leak, no matter how credible it may seem, it's best to consider it entirely fake. Also I find it incredibly dubious to know almost everything there is to know regarding E3 and what they might reveal, it's strenuous enough to know who might make it into the Smash roster, but the copious amount of details for Nintendo's future lineup for the rest of the year at E3? Yeah, I can't buy it.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Here’s the link to that: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/414524048/

Like I said, anything “proving” that leak false is splitting hairs at best. There’s been nothing to debunk it at all. And honestly, the fact that this leaker and Lazzyman has such similar info is all the more reason to give it credibility. As for Lazzyman saying he lied...that never happened. Somebody posted, claiming to be a Lazzyman alt, claiming it was all a lie. Anyone could have done that.

Additionally, since the leak mentions that there will be a Ridley tease (for Prime 4, not Smash), it stands to reason that this leaker would have known if Ridley would be playable. Look, I want the Vergeben/Emily Rogers/Picture Hints stuff to be true too. But those have no true predictions as of yet, and Lazzyman’s is stacking multiple true predictions at this point.

Doubting the Lazzyman leak at this point feels like people who tried to find reasons to doubt the ROB Roster Leak during Brawl, and the Gematsu like during Smash 4.
Lazzyman admitted that he took his leak from 4chan:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76571076?page=19
(Post #197)

It's not his leak.

Also notably, 4chan leaks, most of the time, are fake.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
His leak also included a new Sonic racing game, and today a Sonic racing game was officially announced.
Yes, but he got info about it wrong. On the 4chan post, he said: "Finally, Super Sonic Racing is coming to the Switch in the Holiday season. Saw some gameplay of this, and it seems as if it's more Sonic R esque then Racing Transformed thanks to some characters being out of their cars." The game is Team Sonic Racing, not Super Sonic Racing. All the character so far are shown in cars, even Sonic.

And for the Pokemon leak, its debatable. "Pokemon. Holiday 2018, shows off the graphics with the game taking on a more realistic art style though with a lot of that Pokemon style in there (reminds me a bit of a watered down Pokken)." I mean, it really doesn't look that realistic or like Pokken imo.

Not trying to rude or anything, just wanted to point he got Sonic wrong.

With that being said, which things did he get right so far?

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
We can't really state this Lazzyman leak as 100% true, but it's the same with Vergeben and Emily Rogers.
Multiple people have doubled-down on the Ridley rumor, but I don't see anybody else doing the same for Lazzyman's.

EDIT: Plus, that kind of E3 reveals feels too... safe for Smash Bros. Usually, the first E3 after a Smash announcement involves one major "WTF" character. Wii Fit Trainer was this for E3 2013. Since Smash Bros releases this year, they want a reveal that'll blow everyone's socks off... but Captain Toad/Crash/Spyro don't really do that.
Sakurai likes his surprises.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Whoever originally had this leak isn’t the point.
This is true. However, keep in mind that some things regarding this leak are shaky. First of all, he got the name for the Sonic racing game wrong (although this could easily have been a working title). The leaker also claims that some characters will race without a car, but we haven't seen any of those so far (could still happen though). Finally, Treyarch flat out said that Black Ops 4 won't be coming to Switch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._black_ops_4_on_nintendo_switch_treyarch_says

I guess it has some merit to it, but just like the Vergeben leak, you shouldn't take it as gospel.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also he stated this game's are revealed at E3...they weren't. It was a leak of the E3 presentation, not just things to come. That alone screamed fake. And then he's gotten a ton of things wrong concerning the games already announced.

He claims the Pokemon game has graphics between Sun and Moon and Pokken. There is no way they are similar. It's clearly Pokemon Go inspired. Why would he not have mentioned that, when he claimed to have so many details. Seriously, he didn't mention a single feature of the many new features of this game (Co-op?! Like that's massive).

It's fake.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Lazzyman's/4chan's leak is almost certainly faked, the pokemon information was incorrect and the sonic information about them running not in cars was just wrong.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
We'll see in 12 days, 21 hours and 55 minutes. Until then, nothing is certain. However, if Spyro was revealed I personally would put ridley's chances at 0, there is no way there would be 2 purple dragons added.

I really cannot be hyped about either of the characters from lazzyman's leak tbh. Crash? I like him, but this game does not need another Tornado N-B, and most of his moves are kinda...basic. Spyro? Wrong purple dragon, duh. I also never played a single Spyro game. Captain Toad? OH HELL, NO.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
We'll see in 12 days, 21 hours and 55 minutes. Until then, nothing is certain. However, if Spyro was revealed I personally would put ridley's chances at 0, there is no way there would be 2 purple dragons added.

I really cannot be hyped about either of the characters from lazzyman's leak tbh. Crash? I like him, but this game does not need another Tornado N-B, and most of his moves are kinda...basic. Spyro? Wrong purple dragon, duh. I also never played a single Spyro game. Captain Toad? OH HELL, NO.
Spyro and Ridley literally look nothing alike except being purple and draconic, not to mention they would have completely different playstyles if they were both playable. You may as well say Ike can’t be playable because we already have a blue-haired swordsman in the roster and—oh wait, he’s already playable.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Spyro and Ridley literally look nothing alike except being purple and draconic, not to mention they would have completely different playstyles if they were both playable. You may as well say Ike can’t be playable because we already have a blue-haired swordsman in the roster and—oh wait, he’s already playable.
After Ike was confirmed during the pre-Brawl days, this exact argument was used as to why people thought Marth was likely to be cut.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Doubling down on this one, because people here seem to like to forget about it. The man's a stage magician, not a game designer.
I don't know about you, but Ridley would honestly be more surprising than even 3rd-parties like Crash or Spyro. Just because of Ridley's history in Smash Bros.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
After Ike was confirmed during the pre-Brawl days, this exact argument was used as to why people thought Marth was likely to be cut.
Devil’s advocate, but wasn’t Chrom cut because he was also a blue-haired swordsman?

I could perfectly well see both being completely different, but I have no attachment to Spyro. I would just prefer to keep all third parties to a minimum or as DLC so I can choose whether or not I want them.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Devil’s advocate, but wasn’t Chrom cut because he was also a blue-haired swordsman?

I could perfectly well see both being completely different, but I have no attachment to Spyro. I would just prefer to keep all third parties to a minimum or as DLC so I can choose whether or not I want them.
he was cut cause he offered nothing that marth and ike already didn't. Spyro and Ridley wouldn't really play alike tbh.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

Yes, I believe he was.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Uh the vergeben leak has a update

Somewhat bad news

Now minecraft Steve is added to it.

So now it's Ridley E3 reveal/Simon/ice climbers/no cuts/and now minecraft steve

Top Bottom