• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City Results: Biggest Solo PM tourney ever!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude there are so many low tiers in this game I question PMBR balance, my faith waivers daily unless the character's name is Sheik

Keys

Smash Cadet
Great tournament and great experience. Hats off to Oracle/Sethlon for putting it on. Didn't go as planned for TX but OoS had to work for it. It wasn't quick and free like sausage samples at the mall or Dark Steve =)

1: TheReflexWonder:wario: :ivy: - Great to meet you. Didn't get to play any games against you but Ivy/Wario are sick.
2: Fly Amanita ($240) :dedede: :shiek:- Good to meet you as well. Didn't get to play any games with you but I did learn what DDD could do in this game!
3: Strong Bad ($130) :dk: :wario:- DK too powerful.
4: Sethlon ($85) :marth:- We had a great set. I thought I would finaly get you but a few mistakes got in the way. Thanks for all the advice and help you provide everytime I see you. Very classy player. Hated to see you lose.
5: Awestin ($25) :ness: Still isn't too late to run down the streets naked. But you don't do anything unless someone is on fire. So when you light someone on fire call me!
5: Dakpo ($25) :gw: Your G&W is too sick. I appreciate all the advice and encouragement you provide everytime we play.
7: Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink: Sorry we didn't get to play any sets. But I had a good time practicing teams with you and your brother.
7: DMG :marth: :fox: Didn't really get to speak with you but good showing.
9: Oracle (Fraud?) :lucas: Great tournament. Oatmeal raisin cookies??? Hated to see you go out when you did but I know how it can be to try and TO/play.

9: Oro?! :zss: Thanks for all the help with my ZSS. One of the most chill laid back people I met this weekend.
9: Mr.Pickle :wario:Close set. Hope to get to play again with you sometime.

13: NkGuy :ness: - Good games. Thanks for the ness practice.
13: ZachAttax64 :marth:- Good job at the tourney. I need to get some games in with you sometime as well.
13: Rat :wolf:- Didn't get to meet you, play you or see you play really. Hopefully next time.
17: Blondie :zelda: Zelda represent. Always good games and nice to exchange Zelda tips.
17: Infinity :metaknight: I was shocked to see no Peach from you. Didn't really get to see you play much.
17: Dr. Drew the Dragon :shiek: :fox: We need to play more!
17: D S :pit:Dark steve will almost never rise. He can't seem to get 5 meters.
17: UTDZac :pikachu: No more charizard challenge :(

1: bwett ($50) :squirtle: - This character is ridiculous. I don't know what to do about him. I'll figure it out one day.
2: Denthorn ($25) :falcon: :lucas:- Hell of a losers final set. I felt downloaded during game 5. Every time we play its insane.
3: Keys :zelda:- <-- Played mostly ZSS
4: Problemo :link: Most intense set of the weekend for me was playing you. Great games. Hope we can play more again.

And to Aegis. Great sets between us as well. Nice to meet you and hope to see you out at more tournaments.

Rat

Smash Lord
Just got back. Went right to work. **** lol.

Quick shout out to oracle for an awesome tournament and for amazing hospitality.

More shout-outs later.

Also GGs Megabus.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I can't remember who gave me a controller, but someone gave me a controller with that exact same description but told me it belonged to UTD Zac. I left it at Sethlon's place. See if you can talk to him about it. It could be yours.

I'll double check. I vaguely remember there being an extra controller lying around.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
It's hard to thank everybody really properly since I'm fairly new to the scene and it's hard to say ANYBODY didn't deserve a big paragraph here, but I'll give it a shot.

Infinity was an amazing host and was very kind and helpful towards us four who stayed at his house the three days. He was good conversation and his cat was the best cat. Can't really rave enough about how good it was to have a free place to stay so far away and still be so accommodated.

Blondie gets special mention for being my archnemesis (I have been to three tournaments and he has eliminated me from all three) as well as completely saving my ass from being stuck in Dallas. During part of the busiest section of the tourney he took me and dilling to our bus and didn't ask for anything in return. Top notch guy. Big thanks to you.

Heysuess and Burnsy, you guys were both ridiculously cool guys and I learned a lot from talking and just hanging out with you. You guys have got a ton of technical knowledge and I imagine you'll be big on the scene really soon.

Awestin, you were really nice and I appreciate you playing friendlies with me even if I wasn't very much of a challenge. I learned a lot and I actually think I might incorporate some of your strategics in my stuff, should I be able to figure out how to be inescapable.

Strawhat you placed Houston in the top 8! Good to see that someone did. Also, this means my control placed top 8! Seriously though, you did amazingly and once you play these Dallas peeps some more you're going to seriously wreck with your experience.

KOKingpin you were ridiculously good and you restored a bit of my faith that Lucario has a lot more tricks than I recognized. I've got tons of new ideas thanks to the lecturing you gave me about his options. Thanks a lot for that.

Oracle was a generally nice (albeit very busy) guy and answered my questions nicely even when you could tell he was stressed to hell with all the tournament. Beyond that being at his apartment was a very very fun time and you could tell he really wanted this event to go well, which I would say it definitely did.

TheReflexWonder gets a mention just because he thought that it would be better to have a tail than to have better eyesight. And really, when you get down to it, that's the most important thing.

To everybody else and anybody else that was there, it was a really good time and I don't think a single one of you was the least bit of a bad guy.
The community really felt welcoming and challenging. I'm definitely coming back sometime- hopefully soon, hopefully better.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear about your controller dude. I remember seeing a controller with a sliver shell, but I figured that the owner would get it. (This was about an hour before we all left)

D

Deleted member

That was his. He had a silver controller with a worn off back plate iirc.

D

Deleted member

****, if I would had known, I could have gave it to you before you left.

Making an assumption that it's still at the venue, they probably put it in their lost and found and if you know anyone in the DFW area, just have them ship it back to you. (best of luck to you dude)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
TheReflexWonder gets a mention just because he thought that it would be better to have a tail than to have better eyesight. And really, when you get down to it, that's the most important thing.

I feel like this needs to be clarified--I'd rather have a tail that could hold up my body weight than eyesight that's twice as good as normal. I don't specifically have a thing for tails as much as I do a convenient and powerful third arm.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Great tournament. The vids that I recorded should be getting up sometime tonight, and I'll post full shoutouts then!
In the meantime;
I also forgot my controller :( there. It's silver, the L and R triggers have their springs removed, and a rather large patch of paint has become completely rubbed off between the X button and C-stick. Did anyone find it?
Okay so I think I lost my controller. It's got a white front and a purple back, I probably forgot it because UTD rushed us out and I had to pack my **** in like 5 seconds.
If anyone stole my controller though and I didn't just forget it, I will find you and put your head on my wall as a nice decoration.
I have both of these controllers with me.

D

Deleted member

Good job Sethlon.

I'm just glad now that Zach doesn't think I stole his controller anymore lol

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Aight TN shout outs coming up.

Ganondorf - Stop getting bodied off the stage by people. And stop being so damn aggressive off the stage. Oh and stop being able to chain throw the ENTIRE CAST OF THE GAME. Its not hype and no one likes it.

Reflex - How do you body me so hard yet make me feel like i can still have fun while it happens. Stop being so damn good at this game and someone else win from time to time. (besides Sethlon the Undefeated) You really should creep less and have more casual sundays.

Sethlon - Thanks for housing us man. I had a great time at your house and our conversation about the old days of smash was legit. I'd really like to chill with you again. Hopefully you can bring a group to KiT in January.

Oro - Yep ganon can chain throw ZSS and it does lead to Aerial Side B. All you have to do is touch me off stage and Im dead though. I'm super hyped about double at NERD RAGE though. Ganon/ZSS is gonna body people hard. Also playing bad happens to everyone sometimes. My suggestion to you for long distance traveling is to get a inflatable bed. Make things so much better.

Oracle - Why couldn't you just play ROB against me. I like the ganon vs ROB match. Lucas is way to fast and good man and you are really good with him. Also Badass tournament man. Most fun I've had in a really long time.

Infinity - You bodied me in doubles, then I bodied you in Singles, Then you bodied me in a MM. MK is so fast, but he has spacies syndrome. Everyone wants to and can wreck him. GGs for real. You did well. You pretty much just had a death bracket. (Oro, Me, Oracle, Fly, Sethlon) Also you were probably the only person who talked more than me. I love it. You were too hype.

Dr. Drew - I had some fun playing friendlies with you. I hope you liked my commentary when you were playing against Alex. Lol i kept giving you the eyebrows. I could tell the old school sheik was in you.

Rat - Dude I'm not gonna lie your Wolf is a bit more scary than your squirtle. Had fun with our friendlies. Ill see you in a couple weeks.

SaiXeven - You bodied my DDD, which surprised the heck out of me. Then I had to go with my old trusty. Hopefully my chainthrow rant wasnt distasteful I just like to make people laugh and have fun even with things that are not that fun (Chainthrowing).

Cory - Your arm belts were snazzy and you really did pony up that 200 dollars. Good stuff.

I'm sure there are people that I missed. Sorry. I will Definitely try to make Low Tier City 2.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Oracle- PMBR suite 2 gud. Thanks for housing us, driving us around, and being a great guy.
Fly- Thanks for teaming. I don't think I carried us though lol.
Reflex- Fun games and talking the entire trip. Memphis was pretty fun too.
Rat- The trip of death!
Strong Bad- DK op pls nerf! BibleThump
Sethlon- Always a gentleman. Pleasure to talk and play with you. You made me feel real undeserving of that money match set when we played those last several games at Oracles. :(
Awestin- I want a run back real bad. Don't even remember most of that set lol. Texas made me all dazed and confused.
Dr. Drew- Fun games. Literally made my day when you said ZSS was Seth btw haha.
SaiXeven aka DarkSteve aka #stivpls- Awesome meeting you dude. Was fun hanging and trash talking all weekend.
UTDZac- Didn't even know that was you when we were tearing up doubles the beginning of day 1. Next time I'm gonna have to bring some Commander decks to play with you guys.
Cory- Looking super fresh as advertised. You really backed your Texas boys up. Much respect.
Strawhat- GGs. you really use Falcon's new PM tools to their fullest. Next time you gonna get the ZSS D tho. ;)
DMG- The legend himself. Would've liked to play at full strength though. Looks like I have to come back down to Texas.
Bwett- Hardest pool ever. Nice winning amateur and thanks for the games.
Nkguy- We had 3 sets in tourney and they were all close. GGs.
TN boys- Awesome coming out. Always a pleasure to talk and play with you all.
AZ- Wish I got to play with any of you. Only time I felt was during the first night at Oracles when there was literally no room.
Keys- Just gotta find your own ZSS style. I don't think I play her "right" by any means. Gl with the switch over and ggs.
Biggest ups to Dakpo and Infinity. You guys definitely made me feel welcome by hanging out and inviting me to places. Was super fun playing both you guys and talking. I definitely know who to go to when I come back. ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
SUPER HUGE SHOUTOUT TO Oracle for being extremely hospitable to us OoS smashers throughout the weekend and not asking for a single bit of compensation. I couldn't have come if it weren't for your loan as well, so thanks a lot for that. Sorry about my bladder, I swear it's not on purpose.

Dubs:
Reflex: We make a pretty good team, Luis. Excited for Nerd Rage, and I hope you go to Big House so we can do it on a bigger stage. TEAM ROCKET!
Sethlon & Dakpo: Your teamwork is great, especially throws -> G&W usmashes. Team Rocket was just too strong for you, it seems.
Awestin & Oracle: I got burninated pretty bad, good stuff to both of you in dubs. Obviously glad me and Reflex were able to come back though :3
Oro & Fly: Good stuff on 4th, you two! Nice to see OoS in top 4 for dubs. You guys had some absurd team combos. My DK was in pain.
Infinity & Dr. Drew: I was sad that Double Wario wasn't able to take you out, but good stuff on making me switch to DK lol.
Anyone else that fell victim to Team Rocket: GGs, I'm sure our set was fun. :D

Singles:

TheReflexWonder: Why did you mash out of my cargo suicide game 4.... ;_; Good stuff on winning, looks like I've got some stuff to work on.
Fly Amanita: You pretty much ***** me.... dunno what I'll do if we meet in tournament again. I didn't have the best mindset going into it but I don't think the results would have changed had it been different, though it certainly would have been closer. Good stuff taking out Sethlon and helping me make #DallasFreeWorth a thing. :3 Always a pleasure to see you Jeremy.
Strong Bad: You've got a long ways to go, yet. Don't lose sight of your goal and keep working toward it. 3rd place is nothing to celebrate.
Sethlon: Great games, you really had me scared game 3. I haven't met a player whose adaptation is as absurd as yours is. On another day the set may have been yours, you know as well as I do that the set count isn't entirely indicative of the gap between our skill levels. Stop ****** me in crews :[
Awestin: I really enjoyed our friendly set at Oracle's house, gave me some good experience with Wario and against Ness. You're a solid player, keep in mind that you lost to 1st and 2nd and placed 5th. Had your bracket been different you might have gotten 3rd like I did. You're mad chill and hilarious too, post-tourney Chili's and smashfest was fun.
Dakpo: You and Sethlon were the Texas players I was most afraid of going into this tournament, so I'm glad I managed to avoid you in bracket haha. You're really smart and also a really nice and polite guy, so I hope to see you again sometime soon. :)
DMG: GGs in pools, always fun to go Wario on people. 7th is nothing to sneeze at, either.
Strawhat: Quite the patient Falcon you've got there. Unfortunately for you I'm from the MW, land of Falcons, so I've got a bit of experience against that character. Good stuff regardless, it's pretty rough to have lost to 2nd and 3rd and place 7th :/ (reminds me of Big House 2... Mango and Hbox x_x). Keep playing, I like the flair you add to Falcon from the PM changes that not many players implement.
Mr. Pickle: Nice job on 9th even if our set didn't go so well for ya. Diggin the Wario, and I like the hat.
Oro: Buff Zero Suit ;~; Nice to see you again and good stuff in dubs with Jeremy.
Heyseuss: Damn, taking out Oracle? Not bad for your first (?) OoS tourney! Nice D3, keep it up. Always great to see people travel for Project M.
Rat: :( you deserve higher than 13th... good games in friendlies and it's always a pleasure to see you.
ZachAttax: (hippo)
Infinity: We're cool. Don't worry about the trash talk.
Darth Steve: Dat 4 stock tho? Fun games and hanging out while I was in Dallas.
Hamyojo: It was nice to meet the man behind he poems. Like I said in person, it's a great relief among the hordes of people hating our guts because the release is.... on time. lol.

People in my pool I used secondaries and Random against: I hope you didn't mind, I was trying to have fun and conserve energy for later in the day.

Anyone else I interacted with: You probably contributed to this weekend being really fun. Thanks!

AND WE OUT!!!!!!! -DIP-

D

Deleted member

I'm just sad because I know that there won't be another tournament like this for awhile :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I agree, Rat should have placed higher. I honestly think he should have won Game 1 in our set and our set in general should have been 2-1 with either of us winning: you can judge that for yourselves when it goes up since IIRC it was recorded.

WHICH reminds me. Rat sat down and he's like "Let's Double Blind". I'm sitting here thinking "My god, is this guy a monster like what does he have PLANNED?!? The entire day in Singles and Doubles, I only saw him play Wolf. Is he pissed in Losers and ready to body me with his secret character? Fine maybe he has someone else, who's a safe pick? Screw it, IT'S FOX TIME!"

Turns out he picked Wolf anyways. What a monsterous mindgame like my god dude. I dunno if you were trying to avoid a character of mine, if you were just messing with my head, I dunno what you had in mind but that was one of the only times in tournament I've sat there and legitimately thought with some fear "I have no idea what the **** is going on".

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
TheReflexWonder: Why did you mash out of my cargo suicide game 4.... ;_; Good stuff on winning, looks like I've got some stuff to work on.

You didn't know? As silly as it is to say to people, my ability to mash is legendary--

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...-data-on-human-thresholds-timed-tests.224658/
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/grab-formula-finished-working-on-data.288404/

To this day, Brawl players I see at tournaments still regularly ask me to show them how I mash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I smell videos coming. I'm on impatient waiting OP mode, monstering Sethlon's youtube channel every minute to see if something came out.

D

Deleted member

Thats what I HATE about posting videos after tournaments for you guys.
It feels like theres always a constant pressure for videos to be out, and if its not out on the next day somebody gets mad

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not pressure, just excitement.

Then again, if you guys fail to deliver, it's all your fault if my boner subsides.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It was definitely Fox time in teams. Always Fox time.

D

Deleted member

Fox is lame dude.

Like, EVERYONE plays Fox. It's so boring when you see a Fox go into GF. (Waveshine to Usmash, yawn.)

But playing a Fox on the other hand, it's pretty fun.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You dare slander the name of Fox?!?!?!?

Rat

Smash Lord
lol naw dmg it wasn't a super explicit mind game. It was more or less I sat down and you hadn't picked your character yet. I was definitely going to go wolf lol.

The thing was, I saw you play multiple characters - didn't want you to have some sort of game 1 counter pick. It's not like I play you all the time and we know what's probably going to happen.

So instead of just picking wolf and giving you the chance to feel out who you wanted to fight against it. I asked for a double blind. Give you the chance to second guess yourself.

Didn't work out in the long run lol. But it gave me the best chance for an even game 1. GGs btw.

Top Bottom