• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City Results: Biggest Solo PM tourney ever!

Oracle

Smash Master
Doubles Results: 21 teams
1: Reflex and Strongbad ($189.00) :wario: :ivysaur: and :dk: :wario:
2: Sethlon and Dakpo ($105.00) :marth: and :gw:
3: Oracle and Awestin ($84.00) :lucas: :rob: and :ness:
4: ORO and Fly ($42.00) :zss: and :dedede: :shiek:
5: Infinity and Drew :mk: and :fox: :shiek:
5: NKGuy and Disafter :ness: and :mario: :fox:
7: DMG and Light :fox: :marth: :falcon: and :mk:? :snake:
7: Bwett and UTDZac :squirtle: and :pikachu: :peach:
9: Rat and Hazard :wolf: and :luigi: ?
9: Heysuess and Burnsy :dedede: and :lucas: :squirtle:
9: Problemo and Denthorn :link: :fox: and :lucas:
9: Fhero and DPhat :mk: and :falcon:
13: Foolish and Aegis :lucario: and :mario:
13: Keys and Ninja :zelda: :zss: and :link:
13: KOKingpin and strawhat :ganon: :snake: and :falcon: :toonlink:
13: Bamf and Sintenal :lucario: :ganon: and ???
17: Darkgun and Trip :lucario: and :lucario:
17: Ridetheline and Robohobo
17: 40K and Daeva
17: Denti and Xeven :lucario: :mk: and :pit:
17: Aliami and Scotch

SIngles Results: 64 Entrants (23 in Pro Bracket)
1: TheReflexWonder ($450+$200 first place bonus+$50 OOS Bonus=$700) :wario: :ivy:
2: Fly Amanita ($240) :dedede: :shiek:
3: Strong Bad ($130) :dk: :wario:
4: Sethlon ($85) :marth:
5: Awestin ($25) :ness:
5: Dakpo ($25) :gw:
7: Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink:
7: DMG :marth: :fox:
9: Oracle (Fraud?) :lucas:
9: Oro?! :zss:
9: Mr.Pickle :wario:
9: Heysuess :dedede:
13: KOKingpin :ganon: :snake:
13: NkGuy :ness:
13: ZachAttax64 :marth:
13: Rat :wolf:
17: Blondie :zelda:
17: Infinity :metaknight:
17: Dr. Drew the Dragon :shiek: :fox:
17: D S :pit:
17: Denti :mk:
17: UTDZac :pikachu:
17: Alex :wolf:

Amateur Bracket Results (17 Entrants)
1: bwett ($50) :squirtle:
2: Denthorn ($25) :falcon: :lucas:
3: Keys :zelda:
4: Problemo :link:
5: AegisShaker :mario:
5: Calmanimal :bowser: ?
7: (40k) :wario:
7: Khalil :mario: :falco:?
9: Sintenal
9: Darkgun
9: Hazard
9: Grand
13: SeaOfDarkness
13: Glaive
13: Ninja
13: Burnsy (forefit due to time constraints i believe)
17: Foolphilosopher

Overall, this tournament was a blast. There were a handful of issues due to time constraints, but overall I think it was a success (other than the project M buff room cheating their way to victory :troll:). Big thanks go out to UTDZac for helping me with the money and name entry at the beginning of the tournament; I really don't think it would have gone nearly as smoothly if you hadn't done that and I'm extremely grateful. I also appreciate all the work Sethlon did to help TO when I was doing matches or checking on other stuff, it was much appreciated. Zachattack also gets a shoutout for helping with the great stream setup, even though we couldn't get to use it day 2.
We may have gotten fradulated at this tournament, but we're gonna make a comeback! Low Tier City 2 is coming, and with it the best PM region will rise again! Stay tuned for updates; this one will be even bigger!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you play LoL Strong Bad, then my response is:

MORDEKAISER ES NUMBERO UNO

I had fun. I'm happy with my placing and like 90% happy with how I played. I ban SB from playing Wario anymore, it beat me too badly.

Small correction for Doubles, I can't remember using Falcon in Doubles more than a game or so in bracket. I was just Marth Fox.

D

Deleted member

Okay so I think I lost my controller. It's got a white front and a purple back, I probably forgot it because UTD rushed us out and I had to pack my **** in like 5 seconds.
If anyone stole my controller though and I didn't just forget it, I will find you and put your head on my wall as a nice decoration.

D

Deleted member

I found your controller, and Reflex told me worst case scenario he said you'd come back to the venue and get it back.

So I left it there.

I would have gave it back, but I have no idea where you live and I couldn't come to your place last night.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you left the venue the same time I did. If you found the controller you would of had it by the time you asked to ride with us... Please don't tell me you didn't give my own controller because we didn't think we had the room to fit you in UTDs car

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow, good **** to the OOS'ers for taking top 3. I wish I could've been there, it sounded like a lot of fun; I looking forward to asking Rat and Oro about their experience.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rat was really good and I was honestly a bit scared that I had to play him in Singles. Had to play him and Hazard in Doubles earlier that day, and I got a glimpse into scary Wolf stuff. I think our set was recorded.

Oro is also pretty awesome in general.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Oracle!! :(. Be more consistent against DDD, I saw you give fly's the business, where was that business vs heysuess?? :'(

Love seeing PM taking off though!

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty damn sure fly played Sheik, not DDD
DDD and Sheik are so boring though, and DDD is a fat sheik with a hammer... so un-hype.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
It was fun being there there the second day still a bit drugged from getting my wisdom teeth out .-.

I'm trying not to have medsjohns for all the games, which were only friendlies, but holy cow everything around me was so fast and loud and pretty Smash Bros colors like whoa

Thanks for hosting Oracle, you did a hella good job and it seemed everyone had fun. Hope we'll get to do it again and show all the damn yankees how we do 'round here, cowboy.

And StrongBad, it was nice to finally meet ya and play that 30 second game, but I do wish we coulda talked more :C

Zach u suk

Sethlon shoulda gone Sonic and yeehaw'd up in Fly's face but whatever

Congrats to Reflex, and that razor leaf was like the best thing ever omg.

And thank you my friend who drove me and played with me and I don't even know your tag any more come on choose one.

And, once again, Squirtlepenis.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Shout-outs to:

Oracle for the excellent hospitality, rides, games, and general amusement.
Sethlon for being a great player and a classy dude.
Strong Bad for having a strong performance and being a pleasant ape.
Oro for carrying my decently far into teams.
Rat for not being a mouse.
Infinity for the rides and bad puns.
Awestin for being good at this game.
Reflex for being very good and for dsmashing me through platforms.
Denti for licking arms.
Heysuess for repping DDD well.
Dakpo for being a swell person and good player.
KOKingpin for being the strongest man alive.
Denthorn and Bwett for being in the same pool and in amateur bracket GFs.
Strawhat for being a solid and very PM-esque Falcon.
DDD and Sheik for having a big hammer and being Sheik, respectively.
Everybody else I played for the fun experiences.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you left the venue the same time I did. If you found the controller you would of had it by the time you asked to ride with us... Please don't tell me you didn't give my own controller because we didn't think we had the room to fit you in UTDs car
Actually, I left after everyone else did. (if i left the same time you did, how did CORY offer me a ride when you left lol)

And I found your controller after you left, I ran outside to find you and Ali, but you guys were already gone.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
To all the Out of State players

1: TheReflexWonder:wario: :ivy: - It was great to finally meet you! You always seem really excited about the game and I love that! Your basics were really good. I'm curious to see how you would have done if you played Sethlon in tourney instead
2: Fly Amanita ($240) :dedede: :shiek:- Very nice and polite guy! great to meet you and awesome DDD. Thanks for all the DDD advice. Super shame we didn't get to play in tourney, I'm curious to see how I would have done.
3: Strong Bad ($130) :dk: :wario:- Very chill guy. DK looked pretty stronk! and your other characters were also super tight. Hope we play in the future. Super shame we didn't get to play in tourney, I'm curious to see how I would have done.
4: Sethlon ($85) :marth:- why you lose to stronk bad!
5: Awestin ($25) :ness:GGs buddy, I'll figure you out one day
5: Dakpo ($25) :gw:
Didnt make it into top 4 or win doubles. BOTH GOALS FAILED
7: Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink: GGs, you did really well
7: DMG :marth: :fox: Playing you was a great way to see how far I have come. Great to see you as always
9: Oracle (Fraud?) :lucas:exposed <3

9: Oro?! :zss: Really chill guy. I hope you move to texas so we can play moar. Super awesome zss
9: Mr.Pickle :wario:Great games! hope to play again sometime

13: NkGuy :ness: - ggs, plz take me to FD moar?
13: ZachAttax64 :marth:- impressive showing. Thanks for all the stream equipment
13: Rat :wolf:- Really eccentric player! Enjoyed our friendlies and DON'T ROLL!
17: Blondie :zelda:nice placing
17: Infinity :metaknight:<33333333333
17: Dr. Drew the Dragon :shiek: :fox:thanks for the practice
17: D S :pit:exposed
17: Denti :mk: -
This gif is you during teams, Quitter. Dont give up! Especially in teams when you are carrying 2 people. <3 oh well SKTAR HYPE
17: UTDZac :pikachu:sweaty hands, thanks for housing!

1: bwett ($50) :squirtle: - wario Up B 2good
2: Denthorn ($25) :falcon: :lucas:- we should play more
3: Keys :zelda:- Getting better!
4: Problemo :link: I dont think we played
7: Khalil :mario: :falco:- Keep getting better man!

9: Hazard- GGs mate!

13: Burnsy (forefit due to time constraints i believe)- Thanks for the Frame data stuff! Ill be sure to use it to the best of my abilities

Shoutouts to ALSM for wimping out and not playing *I can beat you in brawl salt*

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I also forgot my controller :( there. It's silver, the L and R triggers have their springs removed, and a rather large patch of paint has become completely rubbed off between the X button and C-stick. Did anyone find it?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll do full shoutouts when I get home but I just wanted to say this was a really, really fun tournament with great competition. Wish I had done better, but eh, what can you do. Ggs to all and a special shoutout to Oracle for going above and beyond to be hospitable to the OoS PMBRers. You're dabess.

D

Deleted member

Hamlin I just like eating pizza around you when you can't.
1: TheReflexWonder ($450+$200 first place bonus+$50 OOS Bonus=$700) :wario: :ivy: - If sethlon didn't win, I wanted you too. Congrats, I loved the friendlies and some of the stuff you talk about. Smart player.
2: Fly Amanita ($240) :dedede: :shiek: - You look too good. Sheik scares me :(
3: Strong Bad ($130) :dk: :wario: - (hippo)
4: Sethlon ($85) :marth:- I need to ask you about marth stuff. I notice all of my movements compared to yours are faster and stylish, but you pick smart options and it REALLY pays off.
5: Awestin ($25) :ness: - You're my favorite DFW player by far. I love you all homo
5: Dakpo ($25) :gw: - Stop cheering me on in a set, it makes me feel pressure because I can actually let someone down :(
7: Strawhat :falcon: :toonlink: - I almost took that set from you. I beat you in friendlies and I feel like I could of caused an upset in bracket. You're a great player though, your tech skill goes leaps beyond other falcons
9: Oracle (Fraud?) :lucas: - The Starbucks didn't work! YOU'RE DOOMED
9: Oro?! :zss: - You make me look like I'm a fraud
9: Mr.Pickle :wario: - I feel like I could of played better against you
9: Heysuess :dedede: - I am SO glad I didn't have to play you in pools or bracket, you looked really impressive
13: ZachAttax64 :marth:- You're ****ing bad
17: Blondie :zelda: - Your zelda kind of made me salty
17: Infinity :metaknight:- I love the trash talk, you're one of the best DFW players to talk with besides Awestin
17: Dr. Drew the Dragon :shiek: :fox:- I placed higher than you?! YO WHAT THE **** IS THIS BLACK MAGIC
17: D S :pit:- Get exposed
17: Denti :mk: - I told you wifi makes you a fraud
17: UTDZac :pikachu: - Thanks for the ride, I hope this can happen again
17: Alex :wolf:- your SD game 1 was so sad, you had a crazy good laser game and you were fun to talk with.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm not good at shoutouts. Cntl + f your name pls.

Tourney was really fun. I know I didn't talk much but it's because I don't know anyone yet and I'm kind of shy lol Anyways, I really want to give a special shoutout to Cory for making the hour drive back and forth...especially for having to wake up a little early after being out pretty late. Thanks man. I really appreciated it! Another shoutout to Sethlon, UTDzac and everyone else in the house who let about 8 or so people crash for a good two days. Thanks so much. Dakpo for driving me and Strawhat everywhere :p Oracle, it was cool seeing you again, and you did an awesome job of running the tournament. I think it was a good venue but I don't think that the people there were too happy about us being loud. Oh well, that's hype. Also, I didn't get any cookies. They would have healed about 10hp. Oh well.

I had some awesome tourney matches. I still think my character is pretty janky...I just throw out pk fire and I hope that it hits :p I don't really understand Game n watch yet but hopefully I'll get a rematch soon enough with you Dakpo. Good **** to Sethlon. Your Marth is incredible. Those mindgames...you just understand Ness too well. Why aren't you scared of pk thunder 2 gahhh. Don't get me started with Reflex and that Ivysaur. I've always liked Ivysaur and I've been thinking about picking him up so you're kind of an inspiration. And Strong Bad really impressed me too with them DK tricks. Despite it being in melee, I'm not even sure if the fact that DK is able to get a fully charged punch off of a grab is fair or not but good **** either way. Your wario is amazing. Why is footstooling a thing in project m? lol Go away >.< I will have to play you Awestin soon enough but teaming up with you was hilarious. Pk fire too good. Earthbound buddies for life.

Thanks to Xeven and TheFoolishPhilosopher for letting me borrow their controllers.

It was really fun teaming with you Disafter. I didn't want to team at first because I wasn't sure that I'd be a good doubles partner but then I remembered that I'm ****ing Ness and I can do whatever the **** I want. Either way, twas fun playing with you. UTDzac, your pkachu, during singles and doubles friendlies/tourney was pretty scary. I overheard that your thumb or something was in pain so I don't even want you upair sweetspotting me when you're fine and dandy. Fak u.

The players from Tennessee are pretty ****ing good too. I don't quite remember names but I know that your Luigi had some pretty awesome waveland tricks and combos. I need to understand how he works before I fight you with Ness again lol. I had to pick Marth, which I'm kind of upset about, but I had to do what I had to do. To Ko. Kingpin, I saw your Ganon against Oracle's Lucas and I was pretty impressed. Good ****. Your ddd was doing work too, son. lol Good **** to Xeven...I think your Pit is way scarier than your Meta and I think you should stick with Pit. All that gliding effectivley baits out my pk fire which is really scary for me because I don't know when to go in. Then again, I need to learn to spike in the way that Awestin does...I don't blame you for going meta if you were expecting the boot. Either way, good games. Good games with you too Infinity. Your metaknight was pretty scary. I kept falling for your downair bull**** and I should've caught on to the fact that you could effectivley spot dodge after the down air. Good thing I have pk fire lelssss Either way, good games. I remember that I kept flying over you on green hill zone and I don't think I should have survived a majority of the times haha.

Rat, your wolf is awesome. Probably the most technical character that I've ever played in friendlies. Well, your character requires you to be technical but I don't believe that it's easy for a spacie main to remain consistent in the way that you did, so good ****. If your wolf is spot on, and effectivley baits my grabs/ariels and pk fire, then ness is pretty much done for. You also surprised me by gimping me with your recovery. That was pretty cool. Didn't play Reflex, Fly Amanita, or strong bad in friendlies but that's mostly because I didn't want to get exposed ( like that crew battle match that Reflex doesn't probably remember lmao). I had always wondered what your name meant, Oro, but I'm glad it was confirmed lol. Anyways, some good games. Your tech skill is amazing with zss. I was just mindgamed with your zss. I had no idea how she played...like at all.

I'll have to play your Lucas, Burnsy, some other time. Didn't expect you to leave so early on Sunday but it's all good. I'm sure we'll meet some day. That squirtle guy, (Bwett) had some awesome tricks too. Played him in doubles with Utdzac and I was surprised by a lot of the things he could pull off in 2.6. Squirtle is viable, now, what??? Good **** man. You were like the only Squirtle main and I think you also won the amateur bracket? That's awesome.

We played some good friendlies Blondie, Keys, and ALSM, your respective Zelda and Link, and Zero Suit are pretty good. I think your name was Mr. Butterflies? Well, I played your Falcon, and you got some knees in but I'm so used to playing Strawhat's falcon so get buttraped lol I still need help with all these characters as well. Keep it up. Hopefully we'll play more friendlies some day.

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to:

:ness: Ali for being a damn good partner, I'm sorry for not playing a lot better, I'll get better.

:marth: Sethlon, was an honor playing you in Doubles, and I was surprised that I even got a stock off of you haha

:falcon: Denthorn, giving me good Falcon tips, I really appreciate it.

:ness: Nkguy, really good friendlies, I almost beat your Ness, but no cigar.

:wario: Reflex, for being the first person that played friendlies with me. :)

:rob: Oracle, for hosting such a great tournament, I got so sad when it ended :(

:link: Problem0, for 4 stocking me with Link lol

:falcon: Strawhat, Really good Falcon dittos (didn't come close to beating you, but it was fun anyways)

I don't remember your name, but you said you were from Memphis and you gave me some really good Luigi tips man. Thanks a lot :D. (I think your name was Hazard, idk) :luigi:

Everyone I didn't mention at the venue

Everyone in my pool, for putting some really good matches, I needed the practice.

and shoutouts to the vending machine for having some good drinks, and to Sonic for some good ass burgers, and I can't forget those free cookies

Lastly, those dudes I played FFA with yesterday and Saturday, that was hella fun and I hope to see you guys at LTC 2. (if there's one)

why couldn't I go back in time to experience this again, i guess good things always come to an end ;_;

BUT HOLY **** THIS WAS GREAT AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR LTC 2 (if there's one)

BlinkIV

Avenger
Eh, sure.

Reflex: Goof Troop nor TMNT: Tournament Fighters happened, but nice job on winning, and it was fun playing against you

Strong Bad: "YOU'RE NOT EVEN STRONG, YOU'RE JUST FULL OF BAD L0LH4H4N008" Good games from when we played our friendlies, and you did a great job. Withabrokenasscharacter

Rat: Sucks that we didn't get to play singles much, I wanted to play against your Wolf more.

Oro?!: The biggest **** talker in the thread, but the most chill OoS player, and dabess doubles partner. #Stivpls

Strawhat: We'll definitely get to play and MM sometime soon, I look forward to playing your C.F

NKGuy: Good games, seeing improvement is always nice!

Dakpo: "exposed" MM me.

Zachattax: "Get exposed." MM me.

Fly: Thanks for the inspiration to learn DDD, AKA DA B.D.P! Watching you play is really motivational for me.

Sethlon: Good stuff, we'll carry out with "Operation: Legin" as soon as we can.

Oracle: Amazing turnout for the tournament, thanks for having me and everyone else over

Denti: YOU LET ME DOWN YOU FREAKING NOOB, IHU I COMMIT SEPPUKU </33

Awestin: #LowTier4lyfe

KOKingPin: Good games, man, it was fun playing you, until I remembered Ganon CG's Toon Link to hell and back.

Everyone else: It was fun seeing and playing against everyone, improvement is happening very rapidly for the scene.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Fly's pool = super strong...
2nd and 9th in pro bracket
1st and 2nd in amateur.

Well done everyone and props to everyone who participated, but especially to:

Oracle and Sethlon for running a tight ship

Infinity for being an awesome host and taking me to Waffle House for the first time (apparently they have the best chicken, steak, and waffles in the world...so shout outs to them too, I suppose)

blondie for being FREAKING AWESOME and driving TFP and I 45 minutes to the bus station and probably missing some awesome matches because of it. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman, and whenever I'm in cstat, I'm going to hit you up to play some smash.

UTDZac, Dphat, and Bwett for playing 42 and making the tournament time even more fun

heyseuss and burnsy for making AZ look good and being super chill

strawhat for getting first in pools using my controller and seventh overall using foolishphilosopher's

On a final note, I look forward to seeing all of you again ASAP.

(btw, I also played Marth, and Keys also played ZSS, though that may have only been in our two sets against each other)

BlinkIV

Avenger
Not only did I enjoy taking 20$ from you in MMs during this weekend, but I will gladly take more from you anytime you like, DS aka Derp Steve! <3
It was in doubles, I'm talking about singles. I'll be glad to take your money this time around, you can't handle Dark(th) Steve.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I think I lost my controller. It's got a white front and a purple back, I probably forgot it because UTD rushed us out and I had to pack my **** in like 5 seconds.
If anyone stole my controller though and I didn't just forget it, I will find you and put your head on my wall as a nice decoration.
I can't remember who gave me a controller, but someone gave me a controller with that exact same description but told me it belonged to UTD Zac. I left it at Sethlon's place. See if you can talk to him about it. It could be yours.

BlinkIV

Avenger
NKGuy, I gave the controller to you and Strawhat, because I was told that controller was UTDZac's.

@Dakpo: I was adapting and downloading the whole time ;p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So much smack talk. Everyone just do better next time god.

Top Bottom