• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Hobo 1(low tier tourney) Houston,Tx

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok So this last saturday (jan 31st) i decided to to a low tier event in houston(21 people showed up). i decent size showed up considering its a tourney for trashy characters.

1vs1

1: 3000 (ssj4 sonic)
2: Furbs (Yoshi))
3: CY (ness)
4: T-Rex (pkmn)
5: Xyro (SAMUS)
5: UltimateRazer (pkmn)
7: Gnes (jigs/ness)
7: Chris (link)
9: Jerm (ness)
9: jS (ness)
9: Kown (falcon)
9: Poptart (link/samus)
13: KRD(lucas)
13: Pipes (falcon)
13: Esca (lucas)
13: Zori (jigs)
17: Dingo
17: NoodleHead
17: Seiya (link)
17: Conker (sonic)
17: Fear (lucas)

2vs2

1: 3000Gs
Mr.3000+Gness=sonic and jigs

2: Team Yam Yam
Stiltz+Xyro=mario and samus

3: Jerm Sucks
BlueJay+SG=mario and jigs

4: Underage Shaving
Jerm+Ult Razer=ness and samus

5: Fear the Green Lesbian
Fear17+Conker=lucas and sonic

5: **** Slap
Esca+CY=lucas and ness

7: Kown is Still Trash
Kown+Chris=falcon and Link

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I play ness in low tier xyro. A ness that is gonna do much better next time! And me and razer played ness and samus in teams. (underaged shaving)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I used Lucas in low tier.

(It sucks that I won more matches than jS, yet I got ranked under him o.O)

Edit: Oh, and Poppertop was using Samus in low tier (at least against me)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
KRD played Lucas, the he went to samus on me. I dont know if he played lucas on everyone else though. Dont know who dingo and conquer played.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tio decided to crash while I was doing doubles. Good thing I'm paranoid and save progress every 10 minutes or so, lol.

Anyways, good stuff everyone! It was fun running another tourney. Btw, the Pokemon card game that was going on next to me...dear god...that is all. ;)

Xyro77

I used Lucas in low tier.

(It sucks that I won more matches than jS, yet I got ranked under him o.O)

Edit: Oh, and Poppertop was using Samus in low tier (at least against me)
who was your team! do you remember any teams? anybody i missed? help me out here.

Gnes

Smash Master
shoutouts from trash :urg:

3000-thanks for teamin with me...we rock...and our Brinstar cp ***** everyone...yay for lucky cps!!! congrats on first...uve convinced me to actually practice low tier...kudos

Furbs-thanks for showin me why jiggs sucks...i should stick to fathead...congrats on second...u rule

T-rex-u switch pokemon...i attack...u powershield and kill me...hmm...just wasnt my day was it...

Xyro-u got 5th??? weve got to step our game up...well at the very least...i do..team Yam Yamm rocked the house...u and stiltz have gotten so better as a team :) Also...thanks for leavin the two snakes for me in the crew battle :(

Zori-see what happens when i learn the matchup...im oli killin machine! Jiggs player unite...next tourney were both gettin top 5...no johns

Fear-u finally came to an event...HOBO 14 u better be ready...wouldnt want to 3 stock u now would i :lick:

Jerm-how did u like gettin ***** by diddy...i see a 3 stock in your future :) Diddy>Tink

RT-i lub u super panda :embarrass

Cy-"Get ***** girl" too ****ing good

Gner- man ur trash...did u actually think u could win with jiggs...****er!!!

To anyone i forgot...lets have sex next time...ill never forget u then.
Maybe

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Jerm sucks was BlueJ and SG.

Edit:!! just because gnes came and posted.. trash.. I'll go ahead and do my shoutouts

GNES!!: Thanks for finally seeing the 3 stock in the future. Diddy loosing on FD to TL. yeaa, its gonna happen.

Razer: SUICIDE TWICE?! at the worst possible times.. lol jk, its ok. It was fun teaming with you. Also TL > SNAKE.. at ozz's house, yea its gonna happen

Esca: You'll get it one day buddy..

Zori: fun playing you again, dont disapear.

3000: Your evil, beating up my ness. Next time it wont be that way,.. yea its gonna happen xD Orr, I can get revenge with my Toon >=]

Fear: You surprised me man. You gotta fight my toon next time we meet.

Xyro: Nice tournament, sry for being so late =/

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Shoutouts (Doing it from a school computer so it'll kind of be rushed)

Xyro: Awesome tournament, as always. Been a while since I've been to one. I've discovered that Lucas is a lot more fun to use than I thought. Also: "Subspace Emissary? What's wrong with you?" too good.

Esca: Seems your Diddy got better.

CY: My counterpick failed me, I don't know what stages to use Fox on, but whatever, it was still fun fighting your Falco with Fox. I almost beat you on FD. I guess I'll stick with Fox as my Falco counter.

Jerm: I heard your Ness was about equal in skill with jS's, yet you still ***** me with him. Nice.

Zori: Strange seeing you not use Olimar a single time throughout a tourny, your Jiggs looked pretty good though.

Furbs: Have fun with that snapshot data of a dead Sonic on your Wii ;)

Mr. 3000: I only had one stock to fight you with in crews, but you ***** my IC so bad. It's hard fighting characters that can't be grabbed xD.

Poppertop: You did well with Spamus in low tier, what was with the bad attitude in friendlies though?

jS: Funny that we had to fight in crews. Kind of surprising that I beet your Ness on FD with IC, since I usually lose that matchup. Next time I'm allowed to "do whatever it takes to beat you," I need to remember to Ice Block lock you ;)

Everyone I forgot: Sorry, I had to rush this, but it was fun meeting all of you.

Xyro77

Mr.3000= Truly the best low tier in Houston! When we playe din winner sbracket i was super scared cause my best counter pick is your best counter pick(port town) and i was at a loss of ideas when i realized i couldnt beat you. You did really well and i hope we can team some time! oh and thanks for splitting with me and stiltz!

Stiltz- good job in teams, yam yam! Is everything ok? You wanted to go out and eat with us then you went home cause of an emergency! CALL ME if you are near death!

T-rex-..............i HATE SQUIRTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went back and looked at the rules, we should have played a 3 out of 5 instead of a 2 out of 3 cause we met AGAIN in tournament......argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MIGHT have won that match too.....either way, good joB!

Razer- forget your trashy pkmn trainer and your horrible samus........mr.3000 ROCKED your snake! WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! little mexico's snake got molested by a sonic.....no johns!

Furbs- THIS WEEKEND WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You got 2nd place in low tier(amazing) then we drove in the car for 5 hours laughin our *** off to stories and horrible music all for the louisiana tourney, then on our way back we nearly got into a car wrecked because of "Coast To Coast AM" radio talk show. This ha sbeen one fo the best brawl weekends of my life! THANKS FURBS!

Seiya- Im sorry i had to take you out in the louisiana event, i really wanted to place well with sam sam. Who did you use in low tier? i put you down as link but i wasnt sure if thats who you went 100% of the time.

Chris- i highly doubt you will read this but i will be the first to admit you are the best link in houston. Even though you cant take down the green lesbian you really impressed me. PLEASE COME TO MORE EVENTS!!!!!! You will always be welcome.

Kown- is trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT- join low tier next time.....wtf is your problem!!!!

Kalo/Nore/Deatha- Your ******** for missing this. it was serious better than i thought.

Pipes- I have to be honest with you, your fox aint bad at all! Thanks for letting me spend the night and im sorry i didnt pick you in crews.........WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jeremy Fiefer- again, 100% tournament attendance...............

Sethlon- OMG! That "airdodge to 29 second timer for mine to KO metaknight to WIN" was SICK! Furbs has it on film and i will be putting this in the metaknight boards! THEY WILL NEVER BEAT THE GREEN LESBIANS!!!!!! but yea thanks for teaming with me, samus and zamus arnt oo bad of a team! And THE PROTOMEN are TRASH!!!!!!!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
did he enter singles?

ness needs to be out of low tier
Sonic can infinite grab Ness' ground release.

Congrats 3000, good to see you're still doing something, even though you'll never read this.

Xyro77

Sonic can infinite grab Ness' ground release.

Congrats 3000, good to see you're still doing something, even though you'll never read this.
so?

ness is really good. his OOS options are good. his fair is disjointed out the wang. he can combo good, his back throw is a beast.....just his recovery is bad.

CY

Smash Ace
nah my ness is just too pro, SWEET JONES! nah ness shoulder be in mid tier i think, but until then i'll keep using him in low tier. i'm actually gonna use him in regular tourney now, he is really fun and his aerial game is too pro. i didn't have an easy bracket either xyro. -_- had to face some good players, two of them being PT who **** ness.

lol gnes GET ***** GIRL, i forgot about that lol.

me and esca were screaming random stuff throughout crews like SWEET BABY RAYS, BAMMMMM, LOOP ARROWS GOIN AROUND DA STAYGE N ****, etc etc.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
falcon can release grab sweet knee Ness, but ness fair beats everything falcon has... and then his bthrow is just gay. ness get out of low tier please

KRDsonic

Smash Master
nah my ness is just too pro, SWEET JONES! nah ness shoulder be in mid tier i think, but until then i'll keep using him in low tier. i'm actually gonna use him in regular tourney now, he is really fun and his aerial game is too pro. i didn't have an easy bracket either xyro. -_- had to face some good players, two of them being PT who **** ness.

lol gnes GET ***** GIRL, i forgot about that lol.

me and esca were screaming random stuff throughout crews like SWEET BABY RAYS, BAMMMMM, LOOP ARROWS GOIN AROUND DA STAYGE N ****, etc etc.
Everyone had to fight good people actually... and almost everyone had to fight at least one character that ***** who they use, then again, that's something you aren't used to, being a Falco main ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
so?

ness is really good. his OOS options are good. his fair is disjointed out the wang. he can combo good, his back throw is a beast.....just his recovery is bad.
So gimp him.

/Ness

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*looks at characters used*

*sees no Ganondorf*

*rage*

Zori

Smash Champion
Furbs (Yoshi)) when i lost i was like :[ but you gave me a hug so i was like :]
CY (ness) good games atleast i made you laugh with my baby roll out XD
Xyro (SAMUS) thanks for hosting i never been to a bad touney because, i only come to yours :)
UltimateRazer your 14 years old and play with a wiimote
Gnes- loseing made me upset >_> but good games i needed it, Thanks for the games :)
Chris your link is awesome
Jerm nice seeing you again im not going anywhere :p
js @_@
Poptart ggs
KRD come to more stuff/ thanks for the compliment
Pipes gg
Esca you diddy is better then i though ill be on the lookout :]
Zori you are just sad.....
Conker ggs
Fear how did you get last :(

i hope i didnt miss anyone, sorry i could not stick around for crews......... and so zori goes into the hyperbolical time chamber *cya guys in 2 weeks*

Esca

Smash Champion
So, I did ridiculous in low tier. Good thing it was lulz. I'm glad I finally got to play Roy for the first time though, and crews was beastly. Jerm, I'll get you next time, broseph. Zori, when me and you meet in tourney, I'm gonna be scared out of my mind, TOO close man. Razer, go **** yourself, you slap-****.

CY

Smash Ace
Everyone had to fight good people actually... and almost everyone had to fight at least one character that ***** who they use, then again, that's something you aren't used to, being a Falco main ;)
LOL yea cuz falco has like no bad match ups. i mean no marth, g&w, kirby, ICs, MK(debatable) and ROB, with some other even ones.

but i really don't care about johning or complaining about falco anymore. most people are actually clueless about falco and just assume he has no bad match ups. i just laugh at these people now.

Xyro77

guys thanks for going to this event. when should i do another one?

and puff, just cause ness gimp-able doesnt mean he needs to stay low tier. IMO ike is 1 of samus easiest match-ups cause i can gimp the hell out of him in over 5 ways.....and god knows he shouldnt be low tier.

i sill think ness needs to be moved up

KRDsonic

Smash Master
LOL yea cuz falco has like no bad match ups. i mean no marth, g&w, kirby, ICs, MK(debatable) and ROB, with some other even ones.

but i really don't care about johning or complaining about falco anymore. most people are actually clueless about falco and just assume he has no bad match ups. i just laugh at these people now.
Falco is top tier, there's never a reason to john with him xD. Sheik is my most used character, and tons of characters in the game are bad matchups for her xD. Diddy, G&W, Ice Climbers, Ike (Kind of), Jigglypuff, Kirby, Lucario, Luigi, Marth, Meta Knight, Olimar, Peach, Pikachu, R.O.B., Snake, Yoshi, and Zelda. Most of the rest are even matchups, like Bowser, Falco, ZSS, etc. :p

Falco gives major trouble to most of the cast.

Top tier mainers don't know how tough it is ;p

Conker315

Smash Lord
guys thanks for going to this event. when should i do another one?

and puff, just cause ness gimp-able doesnt mean he needs to stay low tier. IMO ike is 1 of samus easiest match-ups cause i can gimp the hell out of him in over 5 ways.....and god knows he shouldnt be low tier.

i sill think ness needs to be moved up
Hell yea..Imo Ness should be moved up.The event was fun and you should have another one real soon..but make this next one more interesting.

Esca

Smash Champion
KRD, Sheik is good against Diddy, you idiot.

Falco isn't THAT good. He does have bad matchups and is beatable. Pick Marth and side-b.

Don't play Sheik if your gonna john about her, please, spare me man.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
KRD, Sheik is good against Diddy, you idiot.

Falco isn't THAT good. He does have bad matchups and is beatable. Pick Marth and side-b.

Don't play Sheik if your gonna john about her, please, spare me man.
Diddy's a sheik counter, what are you talking about? xD. It's a 40-60 matchup Diddy's favor.

Now I see why Xyro has fun getting people stirred up over things that aren't serious, though xD.

Edit: Also, if something is 40-60 in someone else's favor, I consider it as me countering them :p That's one of the fun things about using low and mid tiers :p

Esca

Smash Champion
KRD, Sheik can tilt lock Diddy for 71%. Pretty much an entire stock. I'm not even mad over it, I think it's funny how ignorant you are to this news though. Another thing Diddy lacks in is the fact that your dash attack picks up a banana during the WHOLE animation. Diddy is good as well against punishing moves. I can't punish spot-dodge downsmash, because it has like 4 hitboxes, and Jesus knows you do it religiously.

Top Bottom