• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Eric has been wanting to go to this for forevers, so put me down as maybe an him down as 95% for sure. I have something that needs to be decided upon before i can give a for sure answer.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Really the only reason I won't be able to go to this is if I have a concert that weekend which I won't know until I know which ensemble I make it into in college. So I should be able to confirm about a month from now.

wangston

Smash Lord
i hate to break up the pound 4 talk but there is the tourney this weekend.

I'll can go and I call the middle left seat... bucket... idk I want the one with a head rest. Also anyone with mkds should bring that for the car ride, I out snake blue shells :D

I'll bring my 3 tvs, so i'm going to need two other people to bring wiis.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
More pound 4 conversation breaking :D.

There will still be a s2d this weekend for anyone that cant travel (T-T). Sooo.... if your not going to inferns tourny, go to this! =D.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, as for the tournament this weekend, shotgun, I'd like to leave oxmoor at around eight, if possible. I'm kinda interested in doing a smashfest wangston, if you're up for it. Calic and I, are gonna be getting in practice regardless, as well as probably crash, oreo, and mayling, but we'll practice wherever. It's up to you.

The 12th and 18th of September are free for us. Wangston, I know you're wanting to run something at your place before you head out of the states, so it'd be like a going away tournament :x Let me know, and we'll plan tournaments at the kakuna place for the weekends still open. I talked to calic about it today and it should work out.

Back to pound, Kassandra/Xero, awesome :D
There seems to be a lot more interest in this than i though!I'll have to call greyhound to see how much a whole bus from springfield to maryland will cost us, so we'll know how many people we'll have to have for it to make a difference. It'll probably be in the 40-42 range though, but the more the better.

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't think I can host a smashfest this week... not sure though, i asked to work friday night and be off saturday so I can get some hours and go to the tournament. I've not looked at my schedule yet so nothing is set in stone.

Though what about Thursday night???

QUIVO

Smash Master
I think Nope was planning on driving, but he might change his mind if he hears about the bus.

AZ and I were originally hoping to ride with them if a lot of Springfielders weren't going, so AZ would probably be down too.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Just updating everyone that might want to know. My internet is for the moment borked, and making outgoing calls with my phone is a no go (busted screen).

I'm good with a 8am departure from oxmoor to ISA. Expect no more than $5 for gas. And I might not even need directions, since its at a college, but having them anyway for safety would be useful.

A thursday smashfest sounds great for me since I don't have school on friday. Also I have a vacation scheduled for next week, so I'll have some free time.

Other than that, I'll try to check my pm box when I can at school. If you need me foreals and I'm not answering my cell try this number
, its my house so my parents might answer. Don't worry they're friendly, just don't call TOO late.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
People confirmed: Me, Kel, Y.b.M., calic, Cr4sh, Oreo, VaMP, SneakyTako, Kassandra, Infern, Overswarm, Quivo

People probably coming: smash, Tyr, clowsui, Xero, Xisin, Doctor X
everyone forgets the robot.

wangston

Smash Lord
I like my blue name. I don't want some pink homo name that says pranked. I'm not using reverse psychology. I'm being dead serious.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol eric
You and Flair told me you probably wouldn't go because of the cost of the tickets, and that you'd try to find another way to get there. But if you wanna ride along with us we'd love to have the beepbeep

Wangston/Crash: I'm not sure what I'll be doing this week, smashfestwise. We may do something at calic's this friday before the tournament (calic, myself, crash, maybe oreo), but i'm not sure. I won't be able to do anything thursday night due to my friday morning being booked.

So unless I'm mistaken, Crash(D), Hilt(S), Wangston(B), calic(C), and Oreo are the only ones going right (seats indicated in parentheses)? Mayling is able to come, it's just that we'd be getting home too early in the morning for her to meet back up with her ride sunday. Finding housing for her would be difficult as well.

As for september, I also found out that Nope's tournament is on the 19th. Not sure if we'd end up going to it, and if we didn't, we could do a tournament at the kakuna place easily instead. But there will definitely be one on the 12th.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hahaha point taken

Let me know if you guys decide on what you're gonna do
I'd definitely like flair in on this too

Also, why doesn't crash have Premium? I mean.. it's a Green Name!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I have other means if its something like meet and drop. So I could without issue get there without him. Thats besides the point however.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, it doesn't look too possible that we'll get housing for pound, so I started looking at the hotels. The rates we'd get would be $89 a night. I'm not sure how many people we'd want to fit in a room, but the more we do, the cheaper it would be. If we put six in each room it'd be $15 a night per person, which I think is the most the hotels want us putting in a room. If we can sneak like nine or ten people in each room, we could cut it down to like ten a person.

The Hotels not only have the regular things hotels have (breakfast and whatnot) but also a shuttle service that runs to and from the venue, so we don't have to worry about rides. But the hotel is also within a short distance from the venue, so walking wouldnt be too big of a problem if it came to that.

We can either leave monday night right after the tournament, or sleep in the hotel after the tournament and leave tuesday.Leaving monday has the advantage of being 33% cheaper hotelwise, and you wouldn't have the risk of missing school wednesday. Staying tuesday would have the benefit of the fact that we wouldn't have to predict when the tournament would be over for planning our trip back.

It's looking more and more like we'll be able to get a whole bus full though

(gotta stop writing these long *** posts, doubt anyone reads them :laugh:)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
What I meant to say was that I am excited for this tournament. Anything that might have been here should be ignored and overlooked. Don't really care if the god kais use metaknight but I know we don't need him to win. No more pizza for me. Curse you tako I still feel it no homo. God Kais!

Ryzen_Xia

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure I'll be entering this one again sometime in the very near future. Hopefully some of my crew comes along.

Hilt, I still need Olimar match-up help XD I recently just learned Marth's by help of Kirk, lmao. There are seriously no Olimars in my area, so... help? :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ryzen, please go on one of the Kakuna days. Not only could you see better people, but Hilt stopped going to s2d, so that would mean less olimar help. (Besides myself lol) Would be great to see you at another s2d though :).

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Ryzen you're in louisville every other week, right? That means you'd be here on the 12th, right?

As Zeni said, we're gonna pull back from S2D for a few reasons (I think you experienced one of them the last time you came here when they kicked you out and yelled at you all about money matches). Our new venue is an area about ten to twenty minutes away from oxmoor. We'll be holding tournaments there on the twelfth and maybe nineteenth of september You should definitely show up, it'd be great. Also this weekend we're going to indianapolis. You're like the only MW Falco not gonna be there (Champ, Arty, and Wangston are all going).

But yeah, I'd definitely help you in the Oli matchup! Get on SWF more and let us know when you'll be in the area again, man.

wangston

Smash Lord
no, I have a change of plans for tonight and I work tomorrow night. But I know hilt and calic were going to play.

Ryzen_Xia

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm pretty sad that I won't be making it to the Indianapolis tournament. Me and Arty were going to team up again, but I have to go to an anime con in Columbus, Ohio. HOPEFULLY Smash64 reads this and shows his *** up there like he promised. I'll slap you if you don't show up. Lmao.

As for the tournament in Louisville, I don't think I'll be there on Sept. 12th cause I think I'm attending a rather large one down here in Chicago. I'm going to try traveling around a lot now outside of Chicagoo cause I really want to take Brawl Competition more serious. So you'll definitely be seeing me around again really soon.

Zeni, aside from Hilt, any Olimar help would be great. The Chicago players tried helping me, including Kirk, but the all admit that none of them play Olimar at a tournament level lmao.

I miss you all! I hope to see you all soon!

AIM: RyzenXia
Facebook.com/RyzenXia

Incase anyone wants to get a hold of me. :)

And no, I was not present when people got kicked out due to money matches, ha ha. Oh how I wish I was.

wangston

Smash Lord
Bringing tv's to the isa tourney. Crash gets one cause he is driving and hilt, calic, oreo, or anyone else from Louisville can claim the 3rd one.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ill be at s2d later today. Hope someone else i know shows up =D.

Rankings:
1st. Zeni (Olimar/Jigglypuff)
2nd. Matt (Wolf/Fox)
3rd. Josh (MK/TL)
4th. Harbinger (DK)
5th. Corbin (wolf)
5th. Chris (pit/lucario)
7th. Harris (Snake/Wario)
7th. Justin (MK)

Good tourny guys =D

Top Bottom