• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Melee Power Ranking [8/26/10]

Curlz

Smash Lord
Louisiana actually has a rather large Melee scene, so we have finally decided to make our own Melee Power Ranking.

The purpose of this PR is multi-faceted. First off, it can be used as an aid in seeding for tournaments. Secondly, the PR can serve as a motivational tool for players wishing to improve their ranking on the list or even make the list at all. Finally, it allows those not familiar with the Louisiana Melee scene to see who our best are. Basically, this is here to help improve the quality of Louisiana's competitive Melee community.

The panelists for the current LA Melee Power Ranking are IShouldBeStudying, BigShirtKid, and myself, as well as insight from the entire Louisiana Melee Backroom.

This list considers tournaments and MMs from the past couple of months. A total lack of attendance to recent tournaments will affect one's ranking. I think it is inevitable that some bias from friendlies will spill over, but that's why we have multiple panelists; to reduce this effect.

Green = moved up
Red = moved down
Blue = new
White = stayed the same

(since this is the first list, only white is used)

Louisiana Melee Power Ranking

1. Lee Martin - :shiek: / :fox:
2. Entreri - :marth:
3. TaylorHJ - :marth: / :fox:
4. Avery - :shiek: / :falco:
5. Cyphus - :drmario:
6. RSIA - :fox:
7. IShouldBeStudying - :marth: / :fox:
8. V - :zelda:
9. Nick - :samus2:
10. RunFastGodSpeed - :ganondorf:

Honorable Mentions (listed alphabetically):

SetsumA - Falco / Fox
Zakosai - Ganon

----------

As most say, "If you don't like it, change it."

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

'V'

Smash Lord
Looks good so far, Curlz, but remove Sheik from my name. My Sheik is terrible.

Also, call me V, please.

-Ran

Smash Master
You might want to include a PR member from Houma, since having two individuals that play Melee on the panel is a tad light. No offense to Vaughn, but he won't be attending tournaments which will cause him to have an issue with determining skill. Curlz obviously can only draw insight from the placings since he has no relative skill in Melee to play people to judge with.

Cyphus would be a good addition for Houma.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You might want to include a PR member from Houma, since having two individuals that play Melee on the panel is a tad light. No offense to Vaughn, but he won't be attending tournaments which will cause him to have an issue with determining skill. Curlz obviously can only draw insight from the placings since he has no relative skill in Melee to play people to judge with.

Cyphus would be a good addition for Houma.
The entire panel actually consists of the entire Melee Backroom, but I didn't want to put that on the OP. Ken made his own primitive PR and posted it in the backroom to where everyone either agreed or didn't say anything. Vaughn gave some insight on the PR as well as I did, which is why we're considered the "panelists" in the OP. But the panel is actually the entire Melee backroom.

Edit: Panelists have been updated.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Placings were determined by skills measured in buttsex.

obviously, lee martin too good at butthole metagame.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
hey, umm.. curlz, when did you "give insight on the PR"? i didnt seem to notice it in the backroom that i'm in.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lolk. Figured as much. Just messin' with ya.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i always get everpower and absolutezero confused and i dont know why.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Lol. My descriptions too good??
Anyways, matt-power or ever-walsh, just because you don't recognize the names doesn't make the list inaccurate. Most of the melée community in LA know these names/people. Also, if you beleive you deserve to be on the list (which is the only reason I could see someone complaining about the list randomly) then prove it. Money match the power bottoms (am I using that term correctly?? Lol) and/or attend more tournaments and outplace them.

D

Deleted member

if you say i play shiek then you have to say i play like 5 other characters as well. you should probably just take shiek off it. also tim may need to move up past avery. i personally think thats where he belongs but i also personally dont care.

does patrick not belong somewhere on this list? and how is freddy in honorable mention? i cant imagine even my boyfriend ken beating freddy.

'V'

Smash Lord
It's because Freddy's only attended one tournament in like the past 4 months. We know he's good, but he needs to attend more tourneys. PR's are based off of performance and attendance.

D

Deleted member

that was more of a rhetorical question. i just think its funny to have 'power rankings' based off tournament performance. yes, let it apply a large role in the decisions, but then whats the point of even having a panel. just a lot each position in tournament results a set point value and add them up. its just funny to say that we all know freddy is better than half the list, but hes not on it.
lol.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Some of us have been around for 9 on going years now.....I never said anything about wanting to be on the list. I could careless. And sure i'll money match anyone from the #6 spot on down.

The fact is, its just annoying when certain players who haven't been around long make assumptions.

Ricky, Ray, John - ould easily out place the #6 spots on down if they wanted to or still played.

The top 5 melee players will always be Lee, kyle, Taylor, avery, and cyphus. The other spots will always change.

Honorable mentions should go to those that actually play. Freddy never gets to make tournies i believe. But he's still really good with fox/falco even though he tends to **** up alot.

If PR means that much to Louisiana's community. Host a Power Ranking tournament. Where every player there plays ever player in a 3/5 match. The person with the most wins obviously gets # 1 spot and so fourth. East coast did it Why can't we?

Anyway, Yes im the black hat wearing, who only runs as a work out lol, Falco main. My real main is Samus, i've played her for 9 years. Im probably going to say that I have the second best samus behind Lee's. I also main Capt Falcon as a random backup.

Anyway it doesnt really matter lol.

MM'$ To you or any top6 down if you really want me to prove i can make the PR list.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Lol. My descriptions too good??
Anyways, matt-power or ever-walsh, just because you don't recognize the names doesn't make the list inaccurate. Most of the melée community in LA know these names/people. Also, if you beleive you deserve to be on the list (which is the only reason I could see someone complaining about the list randomly) then prove it. Money match the power bottoms (am I using that term correctly?? Lol) and/or attend more tournaments and outplace them.
Yes, you used the term particularly well, but in order to prove yourself, it would be better to contend with the power tops.

ChKn

Smash Ace
saw that eet lol.

that was more of a rhetorical question. i just think its funny to have 'power rankings' based off tournament performance. yes, let it apply a large role in the decisions, but then whats the point of even having a panel. just a lot each position in tournament results a set point value and add them up.
This is what should happen.

D

Deleted member

its dumb, irrelevant, and inaccurate, but most of all;
it causes more arguments and problems between people than it does anyone good? why not just not have it.

Top Bottom