• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking - 12/14/09 Update!

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, I'm glad to be back on the PR. I think I'm in the same spot I was when I left in Jan. Lol. I'm going to attempt to improve a ton over the next month. Being sixth is great and all, but I enjoy going Out of State, and so I'm going to have to work a ton if I want to continue that fun. With so many Snakes in Louisiana I'm either going to have to master the Snake Ditto, or pick up a secondary to deal with it. I've come to the conclusion that the Snake Ditto isn't one that is an indication of skill. I could go even with Razer, and he's a better Snake than me. The dittos always leave a bad taste in my mouth, and it's a sentiment that most Snake players I know share.

I think we should add a list of 'scary people that have retired.' Essentially a memorial for people that left the Power Ranking when they were still on the up and up.

In Louisiana due to the size of our scene we have clusters of skill level. I honestly believe that we have ten players who could contest for last spots on the list. However, it's a matter of current tournament performance. If this list was updated on a weekly basis, there would be a TON of play involved. With that said, the interior of the list has a ton of skill spikes.

On that note, I'm thinking of starting a ladder for Louisiana. Could be fun?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hawks is a *****. I'll ****in break you dude. I don't mean that.
Jio didn't make top 3? You guys are ****in crazy. Need to get your ****in head checked is what you need to do.
Here's my two cents. I'm ****in awesome. Take it or leave it, *****es.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support Hawks, but I really didn't feel like I should be on the pr this time.

Li-D is a solid player. He deserves his spot.

Bre, well, I can beat him whenever I want, so I'm not so worried about it, but he performed very well at Last, where I beat him in a MM and later in a bracket match, so I'm not worried about him.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lee dropped Lucario for Marth. :/

Pokemon need representation.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Lee might've dropped Lucario, but he still used him for in the tournaments that we considered. That's the justification for keeping Lee's Lucario up there.

Sudai

Stuff here
I mean. Maybe. It's not hard. You just have to kind of know stuff. Just watch some of what I do when there because I'm sure someone (someone CraZY!!@$!!) will convince me to play friendlies with him.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
The list looks pretty much what I expected, minus Arc getting 10th and Li-D getting honorable mention. However, Li-D has beaten Arc a couple of times (notably in LAST pools), so it is well deserved and could've gone either way.

Bre getting over both of them was a surprise as well. I mean, to perfectly honest, we usually go even. But hey, congrats to those who are on it, they have certainly put in the work. For those not on it, keep striving to get better.

Oh, and TEAM CROSSOVA rulez!

Thanks for the support Hawks, but I really didn't feel like I should be on the pr this time.

Li-D is a solid player. He deserves his spot.
Wow, is my own brother showing humility and respect? :eek:

Bre, well, I can beat him whenever I want.
NOPE!

:grin:

-Ran

Smash Master
The greatest thing about the PR is that you can make so many jokes about people when they play. Jnig is soooooooo stealing Arcadia's spot.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
It would be pretty obvious that I would be in Crossova.

I doubt Jnig will be using pikachu any longer.

Bomber, you are never gonna make the pr. Unless I'm mistaken and you've actually gotten better.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
If that happens then I'll join Crossova. :D
**** no I would never leave Team CROSSOVA!

You just can't go up and leave it.

#1: Who would want to leave a team with Ice Mann?

#2: I'm pretty sure you couldn't handle Ice Mann, Curlz. He's a mutha ****in surgeon.

Sudai

Stuff here
Curlz, everyone isn't always improving, but everyone has room for improvement at any given moment.

Arc, never say never. Any assumption involving the word "never" is 100% inaccurate..

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber, you are never gonna make the pr. Unless I'm mistaken and you've actually gotten better.
Well since the last time I played you, I think it was Dibbz a while back, I actually have, I'm not shaky with PT like I was then, I gotten readjusted to him since then.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'd like to think I'm a little better than when I first played Ran and Ever Power at Dibbz back in April.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
It would be pretty obvious that I would be in Crossova.

I doubt Jnig will be using pikachu any longer.

wwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Coming from the guy who used to main Fox, got owned in Fox dittos, and ***** by every player in LA.

-Ran

Smash Master
You mean Arcadia was THAT scrub? I thought that girl quit playing a long time ago.

I kid. =P

Sudai

Stuff here
A ditto is just another match-up. If you lose it, you lost because the other person was better than you, at least in that match-up. From now on, everyone should force Arcadia into dittos.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Nick, that's not true and you know it. It takes 3 grabs*... :mad088:

*Not counting the whole CG/Infinite part of that process. XD
Lol. <3 u Subai for pointing out the flaws in my late night exhausted logic. XP Actually, just <3 u. =3

d3 dittos are bareable and almost kind of fun with no infinites allowed
Keyword there is almost. XD I still don't like the fact that even without the infinite it's just a case of: "Who can get MORE grabs?" I just really don't like them much at all. =_= Maybe if the CG and infinite were banned in D3 dittos it'd be more bearable. I honestly dislike using the CG in the first place... But that's just me. >.>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Im entering myself in different names with alternate mains. My Snake, Marth, Wario, Falco, DDD, PT, Jiggs, Pit, MK, and random are getting top 10.

Top Bottom