• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking - 12/14/09 Update!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber, how exactly do you plan on recording? Infinite replays?
well. As of now all I can do is record them by actually recording them with my camera or having someone hold the camera and record my match(es). then with the new SD card I'm supposed to be getting today I'll slip it into my laptop and extract the vid from the card and put it into a file on my laptop then go to youtube and start uploading as many matches as I can. It't pretty basic for now until I get a DAZZLE for this thing. Nick said it was about $50 at best buy and Easter is coming up so hopefully I well get alot o0f money so I can go get a DAZZLE for this and then find out how to work it and such. I dont want ot haev to depend on holding my camera all the time, I'd like to do it like Nick and just hook my laptop to my TV or a tv and set up everything and just let it go and then that weekend just start organising all the matches and then put them on youtube.

I'm going to talk with RJ and see if me and him cant team up and record some matches while we arent fighting. and then when we are fighting just have someone record our matches. Do oyu think a 4GB SD card will be suffice? I'd think so. cuz this lame 235MB card that came with this camera can only record about 2 min of video so I'd assume I can get alot off of a 4GB. once I get that Dazzle, I'm sure Sudai or Nick can show me what to do, how to hook it up etc. as for now, I can only use my camera, the quality wont be as good but at least I'll be recording some. I'll just randomly walk around during the tourny and record random peoples matches or people I know. though what I think Ill to is just carry a notepad and have in order who played who an with what character so that way I'm not playing the guessing game with people w/o tags or guys I dont know. I'm gona take the opportunity this tourny to see what I can do as concerning to recording. if something goes wrong then I'll come back next time with the problem fix most likely. But I'll do my best to record some matches for Gameware and post them to share with you guys. ^^' you're just gona have to excuse the horrible quality. it wont be that bad, it'l be the same quality as Red's MM against that kid Bryan form our school that he had at the last tourny.

Also I need someone to help me set up infinite replay on my wii. I would appreciate it alot. It would hepl for when I have friendlies with people on my wii or if people want to record matches on my wii.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
For infinite replays, you'll have to talk to someone who already deals with that kind of stuff. I know Hyro and Lee are familiar with it. A 4 GB card would get you something like 30 minutes of video, I'd expect. That'd be enough to record whatever you want if you get infinite replays. The only trouble would be figuring out who's who in the matches, since replays don't record tags. Then again, I think there's a hack that records tags, too. Hyro would probably know, or one of the guides on Smashboards.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll talk to Hyro when I get the chance. I'nm sure he wouldnt mind. Though for some reason this new SD card is locked and I dont know how to unlock it. theres a little switch on it that goes up and down and I have tried switching it up down and even putting it in the middle and yet it refuses to unlock. I'm not really sure what to do. I'm gona try to ask one of my friends what to do if one of you guys doesnt know.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The list will get an update shortly after this weekend's Gameware. Look for something around the end of April.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Predictions:

1. Lee Martin - Lucario/ Toon Link
2. Sudai - ROB
3. Cyphus - DK
4. Hyro - Toon Link
5. Nikz0r - DeDeDe
6. EET - Wario/ Olimar
7. Pierre - Lucas
8. sniperx - Snake
9. Roni - Falco/ MK
10. CJ - Snake/ DeDeDe

thuendoftime

Smash Cadet
Here are my predictions.

1. Curlz - Lucas
2. Lee Martin - Lucario/ Toon Link
3. Sudai - ROB
4. Cyphus - DK
5. Hyro - Toon Link
6. Nikz0r - DeDeDe
7. EET - Wario/ Olimar
8. Pierre - Lucas
9. sniperx - Snake
10. Roni - Falco/ MK

Haha yeah!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright! We have a new list out and stuff. Feel free to discuss or whatever. The next might come a little sooner, maybe right before/after LasT 3? No promises, though.

I'm not too certain on some of the secondaries, particularly Lee, Pierre (MK or not?), and Cyphus (should I include Fox?).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
grr chadly, him and his snake and PT. hmmm. I will just have to do really good at LasT smash and continue to get close to top 10 as much as possible for these next GWM for now on if I want to even want to get honorable mention. A challenge worth taking. Gona be tough, we got texas and ontop of that our own players. >.> gona have to train my butt off to get my self into high gear.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
This is why you have to "try hard" at tournaments.

I guess some of us should seriously start learning metaknight and other characters.....since.............lmfao.....

Bomber7

Smash Hero
This is why you have to "try hard" at tournaments.

I guess some of us should seriously start learning metaknight and other characters.....since.............lmfao.....
imo screw MK. I'm happy with my characters. Imo MK matches bore me, though for some reason Lee's MK doesnt bore me, he doesnt spam Mach Tornado like I'm used to seeing in almost all matches I see on youtube involving other MK players, however I'm not all to interested in MK or the kirby krew all together.

If I did play mk, it would only be to mess around with him out of boredom.

but that's just my opinion. not like it really matters.

-Ran

Smash Master
Btw, there's going to be one less spot in the top ten again. I'm going to climb back up. =)

-maniacal laughter.-

r0ni

Smash Cadet
Here are my predictions.

1. Curlz - Lucas
2. Lee Martin - Lucario/ Toon Link
3. Sudai - ROB
4. Cyphus - DK
5. Hyro - Toon Link
6. Nikz0r - DeDeDe
7. EET - Wario/ Olimar
8. Pierre - Lucas
9. sniperx - Snake
10. Roni - Falco/ MK

Haha yeah!

lol dont put me 10th n00b

anyways take metaknight off, and put lucario as my 2cd, i only play metaknight in metaknight dittos now, thats it.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Even though you have the previous list posted, I still think it'd be beneficial to if you put how much somebody moved up/down next to the names or something and "Dropped Out" section would be convenient too.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Randall, would u be interested in banning MK from gameware?
Its not so much that he's a prob, but our only 2 pro MKs dont even like him. Granted if they so choose to not use them, than its no difference...but i think theres a certain Pride in saying "we as a state are anti-MK." Its a pretty ballsy thing and given the public polls on smashboards, most people want him banned...and after Genesis, i predict he actually will be. =]

also..u can add fox as my 2ndary, even though he doesn't protect DK from Falco, Oli, or pit :(

List-Talk...
with a lack of attendance, people can only assume, a decrease in performance. (you're missing out on alot of experience after all)..and if other people place in your presence, they're going to be given some nudge in priority. This, in addition to possibly other reasons, might explain some drops.

If JohnWu and Ricky ever actually start going to tournaments, i wouldn't be surprised if they get a good jump at lower Top 10. However, nothing can really be 'assumed'. Ran also is a candidate to watch out for, since he's returning from these past months.

I think the most overlooked player (on the list) is Randall. He's placed 7th and 9th practically his entire brawl career, and more recently he's shown himself to be dangerous even against higher players, so i'm glad he's on.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
<3 Cyphus.

^I second everything.

Man, not even honorable mention. ****. I'm going to make this list. Probably need to make my time. What's holding me back?

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, Louisiana's top ten has typically been very consistent. The main reason that someone drops is due to extended leaves of absence. If John Wu, Ricky, Chadly, and etc all start to play super serious again the bottom of the top ten is going to be heavily contested. These are all players that have out of state/ big tournament experience that know how to get good, despite being away from a game for awhile. I don't see any of those players taking anything above top five in just one month of play in the power rankings, unless one of them moves in with Lee for a few weeks. =p

This summer might end up being the best series of tournaments we'll see due to fierce competition.

Ps: In other words, I agree with Cyphus, but I have no delusions of grandeur for my own success. Everyone has played hard since I left, it'd be foolish of me to think I can just waltz on in and take top ten without even flexing. =d

Bomber7

Smash Hero
you can expect ferocity form me Ran. So far, I have been doing better than past tournaments for the past 3 tournaments. I have 9th, some mid ranking out of like 45 people and 13th of 36. not like it's much but to me, it's a step closer because looking at past rankings, I always got like 27 of 30 or something like that XD

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Randall, would u be interested in banning MK from gameware?
Its not so much that he's a prob, but our only 2 pro MKs dont even like him. Granted if they so choose to not use them, than its no difference...but i think theres a certain Pride in saying "we as a state are anti-MK." Its a pretty ballsy thing and given the public polls on smashboards, most people want him banned...and after Genesis, i predict he actually will be. =]
Sorry, but I'm still against banning Metaknight. I think banning Metaknight for the sake of saying that we've banned him as a state is ridiculous. Like you said, though, we pretty much have a soft ban on Meta. No one really uses him anymore. Players tend to experiment from time to time, but they always seem to turn away from him after a while.

I think there's a lot more pride to be had in not having Metaknight mains because all of the players choose not to use him, as opposed to the players not being able to use him.

That said, if the back room bans Metaknight, and it takes hold, then I'll ban him.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
in 2 months i think the power rankings are gonna be like...1. Hyro 2. Lee 3. Cyphus.
i need to step my game back up and actually practice bc Hyro gets better and better literally every fooking day:p

-Ran

Smash Master
You forget to factor in the growth of Cyphus's beard during those two months... Tsk tsk.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
in 2 months i think the power rankings are gonna be like...1. Hyro 2. Lee 3. Cyphus.
i need to step my game back up and actually practice bc Hyro gets better and better literally every fooking day:p
You're scaring me Lee. You can't lose your game. Maybe it's because you aren't used to Toonies. >.> Right?

I need to get better regardless. If I could only drive and then drive to more people's houses.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be in New Orleans alot more so I can play you guys some more. I need to get hella better (ask anyone who played me)
Ran even said Batto c ould beat me, now that's bad.

Top Bottom