• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking - 12/14/09 Update!

r0ni

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be in New Orleans alot more so I can play you guys some more. I need to get hella better (ask anyone who played me)
Ran even said Batto c ould beat me, now that's bad.
thats like saying i can do 4 backflips while giving a reach around to a girrafe while sucking sudai and eets nipples

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
well i used to main mk and we have a couple of people that play a sick mk but then we realized that we weren't gay. LOL. I'm glad to know Louisiana actually plays characters that they enjoy playing.

Randall, could you put Toon Link up there for me too. I can play a lot of characters effectively besides Lucario but I really feel Toon Link is my 2nd best and I'll be using him for Gameware also. Thanks
dude i look up to you guys so much
you guys are so different

all we have here sometiems i believe are metaknights
but you guys are so diverse
thats how i believe it should be

Sudai

Stuff here
We're actually planning an update shortly before last to ensure proper seeding (at least among the LA players) and I'm sure it won't be long after that till we get another out.

-Ran

Smash Master
So either before the New Orleans tournament or after it, to get last minute changes to the rankings.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ruse, I'm just not traveling anymore, nor do I really care about the tournies I enter anymore. So basically I'm just entering LA tournies when I'm in the area and I'm not camping unless for some reason I just decide to camp..but I'm not going into the tourney aiming to place well anymore is what I'm trying to say, basically. XD

So yes...yes I am entering LasT.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Bold Predictions (Note: because Sudai doesn't want to Brawl fah serious, I didn't include him. Sorry Sudai :( I know you're still better than most of us though):

A HawksGoCAW
1 Lee Martin - /
2 Cyphus - /
3 Nikz0r -
4 Hyro -
5 Ran Iji
6 FakeGeorge
7 Pierre - /
8 r0ni - /
9 CJ -
10 EET

Sudai

Stuff here
Jaime, it's cool. I don't expected to be on any list since I'm essentially quitting. I even recommended that I be taken entirely off the new list that'll be coming out within a few days. :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Jaime, it's cool. I don't expected to be on any list since I'm essentially quitting. I even recommended that I be taken entirely off the new list that'll be coming out within a few days. :p
not really trying to sound like a n00b here, but you ever decide who is going to inherit Santi's awesome goggles?

r0ni

Smash Cadet
1.lee martin
2.cyphus
3.nick
4.hyro
5.r0ni
6.pierre
7.cj
8.fake
9.eet
10.ran

.....yeah

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The first post is updated.

Well, maybe two Metaknights. I've known Li-D to pull him out here and there. I tried to put up characters that people used the past couple of months. If you have a new secondary or whatever, it's not there unless you've used it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Li-D is a short black dude with glasses. He plays a pretty good Falco/MK game though I mainly see him play Falco.

Edit: gratz to those who made it on the list and Arc for Honor Mention

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if hawks go caw was actually able to play people more, i think his game would serious rocket. from playing him in pools at last3, i can tell he really has a grasp of the game; just lacking the experience.

brealon, realistically, deserves where he's at. His game has really stepped up. His recent tourney accomplishments back this up. Its not just his campy snake, but his wario has improved alot too.

li-d is good. if he actually played w/ better players often, he'd be ****, def.

my only fear w/ IceClimbers, is that i make people quit the game. :/

Sudai

Stuff here
I lost the game, but Cyphus, I'll start entering tournies again if you promise to only play ICs vs me? That'd fix the whole people quitting because of your ICs since there'll be someone playing because of them. :p

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Have not played Li-D more than once and not in a very long time, but better than Mr. Arcadia? Hmmmmmmm . . . . I should go Texas PR Style and just ***** a ton.

Sudai

Stuff here
I say you go for it. I enjoy a good rant.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell people.

I resigned from the LAPR Panel. Nick was my replacement. I left the panel for obvious reason. :p

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<.<

I guess I'm not really Louisiana. But where would I fall? And where does Li-D live?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I was about to say I don't really care enough to rant, but I guess I'll just throw this out there since I support my boy. However, since I actually don't really care enough to rant, but am ranting anyways, you're getting a really half-***** one :(

--Sr. Arc placed the same as Bre and Li-D at LasT 3 and if I'm not mistaken, beat Bre in brackets. I know Li-D and Arc were in the same pool at LasT, but I don't know who placed higher or whatever.
--He got 5th at the most recent Dibbz tourney, which is higher than the other two have probably ever placed. Even though they weren't there, participation in tourneys counts as well right? So that's a point for him anyways.
--He's gotten 9th at one of the Gamewares, which I'm willing to say is higher than Li-D has ever placed (I don't know about Bre).

Ummm . . . I'm still pretty confident I can beat Li-D in a tournament set. I think even if he pulled MK out on me, I could handle him (I didn't know Shuttle Loop > GW's turtle when I played him+it was my first real tournament). I also believe MK would be his only hope because uhhhhh I don't lose Falco dittos. And I've had practice against Kirok/Moogle/Arc's Fox.

I don't know enough about Bre except that he beat me with Wario at the first Gameware. I also used GW against him though.

No disrepsect to either of those guys. I'm 100% sure they're both really good. Bre, I don't think I can beat. Li-D, I believe that I can, but it'd be really close. Li-D, if you ever read this, I'll MM you :)

Ultimately, if putting Li-D over Arc was done on purpose to "motivate" him, I think it's a bit silly because I can see him trying just as hard (if not harder) to improve his position. If it was done because you guys genuinely believe Li-D is better than Arc, I think you made a pretty big oversight.

PS. If Sars played in LA enough, I think he'd definitely be up there. His pool and bracket at LasT 3 was hella hard: Cyphus and Esca. The guy knows his **** about the game and is really versatile with a lot of characters. He placed higher than Arc at NONQM and if he stays long enough to play next week's Gameware, I think he'll outplace him there too. Where would he be exactly? I'd say at the lowest 8.

PSS. Why did Pierre drop out? Not active enough? The guy is beast.

Final PSSSS. Everybody's awesome and I love all LA smashers so sorry if I offended anybody<3

Cyphus is a super nice and awesome guy with or without his beard. He still has super flexibility.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I like the support, but I think I shouldn't be on it just cause I'm leaving like July lol

There are better worthy people, and if Arc's excluded this time, I mean, talk's fine but he should just see it as motivation for working harder, ya know, and making it on the PR no questions asked next time.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
If Sars was here for good, then he'd be up for consideration. I don't know where/ if he'd be on the PR (I haven't thought about it), but he's done well here, so his name would most likely come up.

To my knowledge, Pierre has done like Sudai and quit competitive smash. It makes no sense for him to be on the list if he isn't going to go to tournaments.

Li-D has placed 9th a few times at Gameware. There was a lot of discussion for Li-D vs Arcadia, but there was never any intention of putting Arcadia as an honorable mention just to motivate him. The way we do things is that the panelists make their own lists, and we discuss whatever/ whoever. After a good bit of discussion, we all post final lists. From here, we basically average out each person, and whoever didn't make the top 10 is an honorable mention. So yeah, some of the panelists felt that Arcadia should be on the PR, and some felt that Li-D should be on the PR. Also, Arcadia got 9th at the most recent Dibbz. He got 5th at the New Orleans tournament that was right after LasT.

Basically, we'll see what Gameware brings. People improve quickly, so it's not like the list will be the same in a couple of months.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
We take results in to consideration, but player vs player matchups are taken into consideration. After we look at results and matchups, we can usually cut to 10ish players. From here, we have most of the discussion to rank/ break ties between players. For this list, after the top 4, there were a lot of ties, and it was really close. To an extent, personal opinion comes into play, but that's why we have several panelists from different areas: to try and balance that out.

But yeah, this was really close after the top four, so everyone on there will have to work hard to keep his game up. Otherwise, someone else can easily move up and take his spot.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well I'm going to bust m butt off to win some matches Friday. So far, I have been getting high mid placings and also close to top 10. I'm going to be the first PT on that list, whether it be honorable mention or one of the actual top 10. :D

I am really pumped for Friday, I am in serious need of some friendlies to break in my new moves for Squirtle.

Top Bottom