• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I hope the Other's story is closed, or at least the freighters. At the moment it looks like those two are fighting each other, with the losties in between, so I hope we get at least one of them fully answered. The Others are still semi-mysterious, but not badd-*** mysterious like in the other seasons, but I still want them to just be answered and done with.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It was sarcasm, I believe.

Anyways, I hope they don't kill of Michael right away. They just brought him back, I'd be upset if they killed him off at the end of the season.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't surprise me if they did Kill Michael off. I seem to remember some interviews with Harrold Perrineau (Michael) and he said that he left the show because he didn't like the direction in which the writers were taking his character, ESPECIALLY during the third season when he, ya know, wasn't there. But yeah, I'm not entirely sure the writers have long range plans for Michaels survival, especially since he's not part of the Oceanic 6

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Harold didn't leave like Eko did (Eko's actor (akinawkjea-ajbdjb-dkafjdew) asked to leave the show, as he only wanted to do one season), and he did say that he was excited to be back. I dunno, he's not one of the Oceanic 6, but neither is Walt or Ben, and Michael is already living with Walt under fake names. And it doesn't look like anyone on the Island is happy with him, so he could just be keeping his fake name in order to avoid publicity, guilty over what he did. Or he could stay on the Island for some reason, like if Walt comes back and they live together there.

But I also agree that they will probably kill Michael off. As long as it's closer to the end of the season.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Oceanic 6 seems so vague now to me. Ben makes it off the island, as does Tom, evidently (he WAS dead, wasn't he?). So, that still doesn't explain if the other people on the island all die off or what, and with Jack screaming "WE HAVE TO GO BACK," it implied to me they are all still alive.

Finally, an Oceanic survivor would be extremely well-known, so it's possible that Michael goes back home after his dealings with the island and lives in obscurity, or he could be the man in the casket.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Tom died, but when Tom died the freighter was already by the island, which means that Tom talked to Michael long before. I forgot the exact date, but someone made a thing showing the six days Tom was absent from season 3 (lost days) and said that was probably when Tom talked to Michael.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, this episode was pretty amazing. Sucks that Alex died, but seeming him unleash the smoke monster was amazing. Pretty much means we are getting an explanation about it soon enough.

Widmore and Ben's feud got really awesome. Next week's episode looks great. How the **** did Keamy (I think) survive?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I was wondering that as well. Maybe he has something that is like a hand held sonic fence?

But yeah, when it came burrowing through the village, I was just blown away. The excrement has hit the oscillator.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
So sad to see Alex go =(. I didn't think the show had the guts to kill her off. Oh well, I thought Claire was going to be the one who was going to die. It looks like the camps are reuniting =D. Sawyer was bad *** today :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

this episode got a big meh from me.

i want less flash forwards and more island time.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It also gets a meh, but for me I thought it was poorly paced. Creepy, though. The whole scene with Hurley was very good.

D

Deleted member

agree with the pacing. it was soooo random when out of nowhere claire wakes up and that guy is sitting there.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I like how Jack and Claire never knew they were related.

This flash forward was a flashback within a flash forward, I believe. I think it all comes before the season 3 finale where Jack is crazed and wants to go back.

We know Hurley is wrong because the producers said "They aren't all dead, and it's not all imaged in Hurley's head." They stated that because it'd suck if that were the case.

I really thought the episode wasn't terrible, much better than last season, but the worst of this season.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was a Jack episode. I hope people weren't expecting more from it than daddy issues and love triangles. But this one came with ZOMG stomach cramps! Did anyone else laugh during the whole operation scene and how ludicrous the suspense was? I know I did. :laugh:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
It was a very good episode, in my opinion.

Richard Alpert is slowly being revealed as a more important (and creepy) character. Also, I'm scared for Claire; she was looking a little too...content... to be in the cabin with her dead father. Something is quite wrong with that picture.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think I finally fell into the problem I got annoyed with where people expected a bunch of answers. I was really expecting a lot of answers from this episode, but it answered nothing, except that Christian Shepard isn't Jacob. I think it was a very good episode, but I'll have to see it again to make sure.

Also, for those who don't know: asking someone what items "belong to them" is generally used to find reincarnated people.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I caught that one too. I wonder who Richard was trying to find.

I loved how they showed a young John Locke who refused to give up. I didn't like the episode in that very little was revealed other than that Richard met Locke, Christian Shepard can be seen by other people, and that Hurley can still have funny interactions.

I am looking forward to the next two episodes because I heard the season finale cliffhanger will be
"a cliffhanger from hell."
Not content with that, but it should be good.

Only 36~ episodes left.

D

Deleted member

this episode was really great.

also, was I the only one who had one of those cool mind blows when the guy said,

"the morse code says a doctor washed up on the shore"

and then we saw how he died..

i dunno, i thought it was really cool.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Also, for those who don't know: asking someone what items "belong to them" is generally used to find reincarnated people.
I know that they do that for the Dalai Lama, but for some reason I got the feeling that Richard was referring to the Island; the little vile of sand being from the island and indicating that for some reason Locke has inherited it in some way. I know it seems a little off, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

And yeah, supposedly the cliffhanger for the finally is going to suck like hell...too bad I'm addicted and will have to take it no matter what :(

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Episode got me all in "please, don't end the episode here" mode constantly in the last few minutes!

I don't know what's up with Claire but something tells me its part of the reason Kate is raising her kid in the flash forwards.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah, after the cabin scene I'm subscribing myself to the theory going around that Claire is actually dead. It says that she died when her house blew up and that she's a manifestation of Claire, but doesn't know it. That's why Miles is looking at her so weird.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I guess that is possible. Miles can communicate with the dead after all, so he probably knows she's dead. (That's if she is)

And as we can see Christian, I'm guessing you assume Claire is just like that?

I'm disappointed about not finding out more about the monster, but that's all to come I guess :)

Oh and Claire doesn't know that Christian's dead, but still.. I'd find it a bit odd if my Dad, who's suppose to be hundreds of miles away, appeared on the Island.

I don't want the season to end :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Amazon had an awesome deal I couldn't pass up: Seasons 1-3 for $80. So I'll be rewatching all of them + season 4 when it comes out in time for Season 5. Woo!

This week's episode will suck, plain and simple. It's the first of a three part season finale that means that every part will leave you hoping for more. ****it!

D

Deleted member

This season's almost done?? What?

The other seasons were like 20+ episodes long. Or did the Strike **** it over?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
All the seasons are only going to be 16 episodes from now on out. The strike just killed this one of three episodes, but the finale is being given an extra hour, so it's more like just 2 missing episode.

EvilTriad69

Smash Rookie
Season Finale Death

I just read from a VERY reliable source that
the boat blows up, killing Desmond and Michael

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Spoilers much? :rolleyes:

On her way back to where the Oceanic Six sat in the cargo area of the plane, Ms. Decker acknowledged someone sitting close to the cockpit (Ep: 4x12, There's No Place Like Home Part 1). Was this a crew member, or someone from the island that we already know?
At first I thought maybe it was Ben, but Sayid was surprised that Ben was off the island, so it couldn't have been him. I think it will be revealed later in the series. The reasons I don't think it's a crew member are:

Ms. Decker said hi to him and it seems she would have already exchanged pleasantries with the crew. The producers had her acknowledge this person, but then didn't show this person. Many people missed that she'd even acknowledged anyone, but after the big reveal, if viewers go back and watch this scene, then they would likely catch it.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Spoilers much? :rolleyes:

On her way back to where the Oceanic Six sat in the cargo area of the plane, Ms. Decker acknowledged someone sitting close to the cockpit (Ep: 4x12, There's No Place Like Home Part 1). Was this a crew member, or someone from the island that we already know?
At first I thought maybe it was Ben, but Sayid was surprised that Ben was off the island, so it couldn't have been him. I think it will be revealed later in the series. The reasons I don't think it's a crew member are:

Ms. Decker said hi to him and it seems she would have already exchanged pleasantries with the crew. The producers had her acknowledge this person, but then didn't show this person. Many people missed that she'd even acknowledged anyone, but after the big reveal, if viewers go back and watch this scene, then they would likely catch it.
lol, there was a huge thing about this at the lost forums...but then with hd screencaps and close examination....

it was the bald guy with headphones who looks after the cargo and lets them out at the end. Kinda disappointing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow. My TiVo messed up and I missed the first 20 minutes, but I'll catch that tomorrow.

The series was awesome tonight. What Jack said gave me a little chill: does this mean that we will just follow the island people until Locke goes and visits Jack? I was interested in the name Jeremy Bentam, so any ideas on that would be interesting.

I thought it was GREAT that Locke became the leader of the others. All and all a satisfying season finale that actually ended with a happier air (until Jack came back).

Michael got a nice redeeming death, but I really didn't like how they killed of Jin, by accident. I am really glad Desmond made it. Desmond, Sayid, and Hurley are my favorites on the show, and I loved how Locke and Jack had their typical showdown again.

Christ, I am overexcited.

Top Bottom