• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In the meantime, I am catching my girlfriend up on Seasons 1-3 then hopefully Season 4 will be out with enough time to watch that before next February.

Anyone tried the Lost game? It's not flawless, but as a Lost fan, there is a neat little piece in there - you see behind the Wall in the Swan.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
How have I never seen this thread before??

I absolutely love Lost! I even managed to get Vikki to watch it too, she saw the first episode, then watched all of season 1 and 2 within a week! :laugh:

Haven't seen the finale yet, live in the UK, but I read it and was surprised to see that those spoilers I read were real, again.

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Awesome episode, but I don't understand why they needed to move the island. Originally it was because the big bad commando men were going to torch it, but once they were all dead what was the point?

Also, I feel bad for all of the background characters on the boat. Especially seeing as how nobody on the show seemed to care that they died. Oh yes, poor
Jin
, etc. But what about the other poor souls, struggling to get their life jackets on, watching the more important characters fly away in their fancy helicopter, hearing Sun say "We have to go back for
Jin
!" and realising that their lives mean nothing to the heroes, and that they are about to die and be forgotten forever.

The voice on Kate's phone says in reverse: "The island needs you. You have to go back before it's too late". I uploaded the edited file here, check it out: http://rapidshare.com/files/118788483/katephonecall.mp3.html

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They moved the island because Charles Whitmoore (Whitmore) knew where it was and would keep sending people after it.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It's Widmore.

Why has nobody asked why he's after the Island? Or what the Monster is? Or what the Magic Box is?

Before Ben was about to disappear, I would ask him that, clearly Locke wasn't thinking.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Maybe because he had a lot more on his mind?

We know all the loose ends will be tied up eventually, it's just a case of being patient. :)

However, if Ben could control the monster, then maybe Locke will be able to too, and we'll find out more that way?

The finale was pretty **** good :) Really wierd and stuff, but very, very good. I never expected
Locke to be in the coffin.
That never actually crossed my mind and now I want the next season more then ever. :(

Any ideas for the next season? Think they will actually go back to the island? I do :)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think Locke was going to ask anything because the Others were going to tell him, as Ben said. Plus, it would have killed the tension in the show, and we couldn't really know all of the answers in the fourth season.

Man, I really hope this isn't the last we see of
Locke. Hopefully he's dead like how Christian Shepard is dead, and once they bring Locke to the Island he'll start to act like how Christian Shepard acts. Michael's death was sad for me, because I liked him as a character. All father deaths are sad to me.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Pluvia, can you cite your sources please? :)

If that is correct, then awesome! I was right :laugh:

As for the alternative endings, Saywer and Desmond would be really odd choices for the coffin. Desmond's already off the island and no-one disliked him and how the hell would Sawyer get off?:dizzy:

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
They had that said during the beginning of season 4 (to Pulivia)

I actually like Sawyer being in the coffin, but oh well.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I remember everyone gushing over it, and I thought they were just being dumb over a prop. But, eh.

I really hope we see more of Locke

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about Locke. He's become too important to just show up dead like that.

I was on the edge of my seat when Sayid fought Keamy, though. That was intense. For most of the episode, I thought Bentham was going to end up being that tall, creepy black guy that was posing as Locke's orderly in that one flashback and hired Naomi and co.

And lol at Hurley playing chess with Mr. Eko.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I got some questions about the finale: (only spoilers for those who have not seen the finale)
could anyone make out what sawyer whispered to kate?

did the people on the raft (really just faraday and extras) get moved with the island? Otherwise, where the hell are they going to go?

Why didnt they all just jump out of the helicopter as it was going down?

Is Jin really dead? It doesnt make sense, since he was standing on the first helicopter pad. When we see the explosion, it doesnt reach the helicopter pad (at first). He would have at least had enough time to jump off. Although, it could just be a production error i guess.

Lastly; doesn't Locke look like a baby in the coffin? Hehehe....

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Read the topic BEFORE posting.

could anyone make out what sawyer whispered to kate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-...eature=related

did the people on the raft (really just faraday and extras) get moved with the island? Otherwise, where the hell are they going to go?
Faraday was not on the island as he is shown looking back.

Why didnt they all just jump out of the helicopter as it was going down?
Really bad idea. At least saying the the helicopter they have some sort of protection.

Is Jin really dead? It doesnt make sense, since he was standing on the first helicopter pad. When we see the explosion, it doesnt reach the helicopter pad (at first). He would have at least had enough time to jump off. Although, it could just be a production error i guess.
Yes, he is dead. The C4 blast would have easily blown him off the boat if the fireball didn't kill him. That much of a concussion would cause unconsciousness and drowning.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Yes, he is dead. The C4 blast would have easily blown him off the boat if the fireball didn't kill him. That much of a concussion would cause unconsciousness and drowning.
I know I'm grasping for straws but is there any chance Jin jumped off and the island worked some of it's magic and Jin is alive still. I mean it cured paralysis and cancer, why can't it hold back a concussion?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nope, Jin is definitely dead. If you notice, Sun is staring at him constantly and even demands they go back to the boat to get him. Had he jumped off, she would have seen it. Now, the show very well COULD pull something out from under us, but the chances of him surviving and making it to the island in time is pretty slim, reasoning? Sawyer jumped off the helicopter in mid-flight and missed never saw or heard the explosion, shortly after coming to shore, the island was moved. Now, Sawyer had to have been far enough away to not hear the explosion while swimming, and he was much closer to the island than Jin. Jin just simply could not have swam to the island that fast.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Faraday was not on the island as he is shown looking back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTgAqzPDiQ is what you meant i think, the other link wasnt a full link.

anyway, for the answer i've quoted you on, thats not what i asked.

I know he wasnt on the island, but did he get moved with it because he was in the vicinity? Because i'm guessing the answer is no, where are they going to go?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My Lost philosophy: "It ain't dead until you see a body, and the body is buried in the ground." A reference to Christian obviously. ;)

Faraday probably didn't get moved with Island. As for the question as to what happens to him...well, isn't that why the episode was considered a cliffhanger? ;)

I'm starting to think that Christian has been on the Island before and that his body had to be brought back to the Island. It sort of parallels what Jack has to with Locke's body.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm not much of a reliable source, but I have heard it said (on a news programme, may i add) that the producers have said "This is not the last we see of Michael, Jin and Locke"

I think this means in flashbacks/forwards/sidewards, but could also mean that Jin isn't dead? Maybe?

*hopes and prays*

Wouldn't it be amazing if Sun came back to the island and Jin was there :)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I disagree that Jin is definitely dead, in real life yeah, but this is Lost with magic healing factors and people who "can't die".

D

Deleted member

Lol, are we forgetting that they all survived a plane crash??!

D

Deleted member

We've never actually seen the impact.

That's another one of the mysteries, how did they survive the crash with such small injuries?
We don't need to see the impact to know that they survived a large blast. Look at Season 3 Episode 1 - in the first couple minutes you see the plane rip in half with a large explosion, one that I'm assuming could rival the boat one.

It's been a while so forgive me if I'm ********.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
We don't need to see the impact to know that they survived a large blast. Look at Season 3 Episode 1 - in the first couple minutes you see the plane rip in half with a large explosion, one that I'm assuming could rival the boat one.

It's been a while so forgive me if I'm ********.
I watched the opening again (thank you YouTube), and it's only the engine exploding, it's weirdly not that big an explosion, and it doesn't pierce the outside of the plane.

Top Bottom