• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The season finale is the episode after the next.

They did not kill either character for the DUI reasons, and they almost changed the plot so people wouldn't think that--but ultimately decided against letting real life events effect the plot. Michelle Rodriguez only signed on for one season because she's got movies to do and stuff. The writers felt they would shortly run into a brick wall plot-wise with the Libby character, and feeling that having a love interest for Hurley was not enough of a reason to keep her around, they decided to have Michael kill her as well, in order to make the event more shocking and tragic for the audience (who were more sympathetic with her than Ana Lucia.) Again, she will be a guest star in flashbacks in season 3 where the story they did have for her is intended to be told posthumously.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Where you get spoilers from exactly? I haven't looked, but I am curious.

th0rn

Smash Lord
The two that killed off probabley went drinking as a last "hurrah" because they knew they were getting killed off.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Where you get spoilers from exactly? I haven't looked, but I am curious.
I try not to look at plot spoilers, but the best place to find those is spoilerfix.com

For good sites on Lost information besides plot spoilers try lostpedia.com, lost-media.com, or lostlinks.net (lostlinks has pretty basic layout but is stuffed with content and links).

The two that killed off probabley went drinking as a last "hurrah" because they knew they were getting killed off.
Haha, maybe. Apparently Cynthia Waltros didn't take the news she was being killed off so well =(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow thanks for the sites. SpoilerFix.com has me REALLY hopeful for this season now. With 3 hours left, I am excited on what we are going to learn.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
th0rn said:
Actually according to the producers they were killed off because of drinking and driving.

Also I have heard rumours that by the end of the season, another plane will crash. This is probobly off the theory that when the numbers run out and the hiroglyphs are shown (they spell 'to die' by the way) the hatch sends out a electro-mangentic burst that can pull planes out of the sky. That would be why the drug plane and 'lost' plane crashed.

Also does anybody have any guesses on what it is with lost and dolls. There was the one when jack first found the caves, there was one in the crib in claire's nightmare, the butcher in charlie's dream was hacking up plastic dolls instead of meat, and the trap that we assume was layer by Rouseau was baited with a doll. They must have some signifigence.

I will stop for now because I could go on all day about the best show of all time.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
gambolputty said:
Actually according to the producers they were killed off because of drinking and driving.
No the producers have been quite adament that the DUIs had no influence on Ana Lucia's and Libby's deaths. Read the posts I made above.

And I never noticed the doll thing before, that's interesting (although there are lots of things like that in the show, one of the reasons I love it so much).

Another plane crashing would definatly be surprising.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Craftstar said:
No the producers have been quite adament that the DUIs had no influence on Ana Lucia's and Libby's deaths. Read the posts I made above.
Well I will see if I can find the article I was reading.

I also heard another idea that said there is another hatch out in the water. Remember in the first season when Ethan threatened to kill one person each day until he got Claire back. Well the first person to die was killed by someone that came out of the water and (I think) they said all the bones in his bady were broken or maybe just his hands and feet. Then whoever or whatever went back into the water. A hatch in the water would also explain why the others found the raft out in the water. The hatch could be used to moniter people of the dharma initiative trying to escape.

Banks

Smash Hero
In case people don't know, Lost is running a game that goes hand in hand with the show. There are fake commercials and websties containing clues about the show. If you watch carefully, there is a "hanso foundation" commercial. hanso foundation is the funding company of the Dharma initiative in the show. the commercial directed viewers to a website www.sublymonal.com last week, and a different one this week I can't remember at the moment, something about a compass...

Anyway, there is a whole network of clues outside of the show, even a book published by hyperion on sale at amazon.com etc called "Bad Twin" written by gary Troup, who is briefly mentioned in the show as the writer of that script Sawyer was reading. If you are a complete Lost buff, you should look into it.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Yeah http://thelostexperienceclues.blogspot.com/ has a compilation of all the Lost ARG clues discovered so far.

Tonights Episode: [Three Minutes]

Pretty good. Shows in a good way why Michael is doing what he's doing. It was apparent from his three minutes with Walt that Walt is not enjoying his stay--and if the Others are hurting Walt, it makes sense why he would be so desperate. Still, his actions were bad, and he should have found a better way to do things than what he did. What's done is done, though, and now he has to follow through with the plan.

The big question in my mind: What do Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley all have in common? Nothing that I can think of, but I'll have to think on it some more.

Also, I had heard new characters would be added for season 3 (from the official podcast) and I think they just arrived in that sail boat. It could be the boat Michael requested but 1) I doubt they have/would give him a sail boat like that one, and 2) doubt they'd give it to him BEFORE he carries out his mission.

chubble

Smash Cadet
ive only seen 1 or 2 episodes of it because ive been busy but from those small times it was fairly good

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Oh, Charlie mentioning that he injected himself with vaccine and giving the kit to Claire will be important, I guarantee it. "Inject every 9 days" < sounds like next season's "button" in the making. Because next week, the button issue will be resolved.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I'm thinking Desmond is going to find the vaccine kit and start freaking out about them using it.

I don't really remember, but did it ever reveal why he injected himself with it in the first S2 episode?

Oh, in the preview for next week it shows Jack and Michael find a huge pile of those tubes that John and Eko found in the "Pearl" hatch. So it looks like that hatch is just another "rats in a maze" type experiment like the button.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Tonight made me feel ALOT better about the Season Finale. Hurley is really developing a lot more than I thought he would, which is always cool.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Craftstar said:
\ I think they just arrived in that sail boat. It could be the boat Michael requested but 1) I doubt they have/would give him a sail boat like that one, and 2) doubt they'd give it to him BEFORE he carries out his mission.
When I saw that, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Desmond". He crashed in a sail boat a while ago.

Also makes me think that it might be Sayid's advantage. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and all them go off into the jungle, while secretly Sayid and some others come from the water.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I think that all the people do have little bits in common. They're all the people who either...

A. Know the most (Hurley knows about the numbers, Jack, Kate and Sawyer have both encountered the Others on multiple accounts).

B. Are the leaders (everyone listens to Jack, save for Swayer, who's also coming. Also, Kate is held in pretty high regards. This only leaves out Hurley, who just knows about the numbers.)

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Craftstar said:
The big question in my mind: What do Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley all have in common? Nothing that I can think of, but I'll have to think on it some more.
I think it is because they are the only ones who have had hallucinations while on the island. Hurley saw his imaginary friend again. Kate saw a horse (can't remember how it relates to her though). Jack saw his dead Father. Sawyer saw the boar.

Those are the only hallucinations that can't really be explained through what we know so far. Boone's was obviously from whatever Locke put on his wound. And Shannon and Syaid seeing Walt is now most likely due to the fact the he might be able to teleport or something along those lines based on what that woman asked (what was her 'name' again? Mrs. Question?) regarding whether or not Walt ever appeared somewhere he shouldn't be.

Craftstar said:
Also, I had heard new characters would be added for season 3 (from the official podcast) and I think they just arrived in that sail boat.
As I have said before, there are strong rumours that by the end of the season (A.K.A. next Thursday) another plane will crash. Which ties into the ideas of finding out how they crashed and what happens when you don't push the button; both foreshadowed in the preview.

Also Desmund is supposed to appear again in the season finale.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
The season finale's flashbacks are centered around Desmond and how he got to the island/him and his old partner Kelvin in the hatch.

I think with Walt, it's not teleportation, but astral projection. He's got mind powers, which have been hinted at since the first season.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
I thought astral projection too but isn't astral projection your spirit and nobody can really see it?

As for the vaccine I really want to find out what it really does Desmund used to take it. It was also probobly the vaccine they were giving Claire when they kidnapped her.

Also I wonder exactly what kind of info the others have on the Lost group. They knew both Hurley's and Sawyer's real names. Ethan couldn't have found that out on the time he spent with them. It leads me to belive that they are really on the island because the others wanted them there.

I read a really good theory on Lost that fits to anlmost everything in the show. If I can find it again I will post it.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
gambolputty said:
I thought astral projection too but isn't astral projection your spirit and nobody can really see it?

Yeah, probably. I guess that's not the best term to use. Basically, I believe he can project images of himself using his mind.

I don't see it as teleportation because when he has appeared he's been soaking wet and speaking backwards.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you are right lets call it astral projection for now. It should also be noted that whether or not my theory on the list (refer to previous page) is correct, it has been said in the orientation film that the dharma initaitive studied telepathy and such which is definatly why they want Walt. I also highly doubt that even if Michael brings them the people off the list, he won't get Walt back without a fight.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really want to know how the plane crashed now. Spoilers gave nothing on that.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
According to yesterday's Podcast, the sailboat belongs to
Desmond, who apparently went back to his boat to attempt to excape the island (apparently, he didn't succeed).

>Season 3 spoiler"ish"> They also let slip that "the sickness" makes people
go crazy.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well, tonight's the season finale... I'm almost sad knowing how long I'm gonna have to wait to see another Lost episode... I think I'm gonna cry at the end of tonight's episode...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This episode looks so badass. I am really glad, too, since I have accidently had most of last seasons shockers spoiled for me. So unless
the outside world is destroyed, or another plane crashes
, both of which I think are pretty lame, then I will have no clue about what will happen.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
WOW! That's all I have to say.

They managed to tie up ALL loose knots with this episode. The plane crash, the button's real purpose. who Desmond's partner really was, and so much more.

Info from SpoilerFix:
The Others, as I predicted earlier, WILL BE prominant in the next season. I am hoping for a story on each of them. And the show has given me a lot of hope for several seasons. I only hope JJ Abrams can be smart enough to know when to end the show so it doesn't get stale.

Post-show edit: In conclusion, I thought that was a GREAT way to set-up season 3. One question, was Kelvin and Tom the same person? I thought they looked and sounded alike, but when Tom took off the beard he didn't look as similar.

Pretty cool way to end the show though. I wish Michael wouldn't have just left, but he isn't signed for next season so I kinda knew that would happen. I also wandered what did the Russians(?) have to do with looking for the Electromagnetic pulse? Are they part of the Hanso corp or what?

Arg, summer will suck. ****!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What the ****

...am I the only person who didn't like the ending?

Anyways, this is my theory.

Wildmore corp is already known (through the Lost Expirience) to be a construction company that works with the Hanso foundation.

I think that Wildmore built the hatches on the island, and that Pennelope was looking for the island itself. Why, I dont know. But the screen said "Electromagnetic Anamoly Detected"

Also, the guy that phoned her looked almost exactly the same as the guy in Hurley's ward. The one that repeated the numbers.

I have no clue about what happened to the hatch. No clue.

Charlie, however...I also don't know. No clue at all. But he is definetly acting strange.

I think this confirms that Henry is the leader of the Others. Or at least, the leader of that group. But since zll of the others that we have seen have been connected with them, I am starting to think that there really is only one group. If there are more then one group, then I think that maybe Nathan and Steve were from there. Nathan did go on long bathroom breaks, and they were the only two that were killed by the Others.

When I saw the statue, I litterally said, "I will be pissed as hell if it turns out this is Atlantis." I still feel that way.

And the whispers now definetly come from the Others.

Thats all I could think of to type out. Still kindof surprised at all of it, though.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Kelvin was the army guy from Sayid's last flashback episode. He was the one who taught Sayid to torture and then it turned out that he spoke arabic.

The ancient 4-toed statue is a VERY big sign that the island goes way beyond Hanso/Dharma. There's ancient history there, and it could be Atlantis.. I don't think it is, but if thats what they do end up doing, I'm sure it will be done in a cool way and not the traditional Atlantis myth.

What happend to the Hatch/Locke/Eko/Desmond? I have no idea. They said the electromagnet station charges up and the button releases that charge--that's why the plane crashed, because Desmond didn't press it. But using the key in the failsafe device... Who knows exactly what took place there. They make it look like Desmond is dieing but maybe it was only because he THOUGHT he was going to die.. then again, he probably is dead. Who knows, now we know Penny Widmore is looking for the island and Desmond. I loved him in this episode and he would make a fantastic addition to the cast.

Michael and Walt won't leave the island.. well, I don't think. Who knows. Honestly, the fate of so many characters is in doubt right now. Charlie was acting VERY wierd--he injected himself with the vaccine, maybe it's related to the sickness.

The "Hostiles"
Henry Gale (fake name) is their leader--that was pretty surprising. He looked SO evil, so devious. Awesome villain. Explains why they would be willing to trade Walt for his freedom + Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Why didn't they want Hurley too? And now we know Mr. Friendly's real name. Tom. And Ms. Klugh is apparently "Bea" (I think I heard).
Kelvin references joining the Dharma Initiative--that means he was officially part of it. And he calls the Others hostiles. This probably means that they are a force opposing the Initiative.

This finale was huge. Massive. So much happened. It's quite awesome how not pressing the button actually WOULD result in EVERYONE dieing. If Desmond hadn't have had the override key, they'd all be dead.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Pretty Big Spoilers:
Desmond and "Henry Gale" are joining the cast next year. In what capacity, I have no idea, but sources say they will be apart of the cast since they main crew is dwindling.

Hurley being released confused the hell out of me. What made him special?

Anyone get chills when they saw that foot and Saiyd made the reference of what was more frightening? I hope they don't forget that. Also, since Kelvin died on the day the plane crashed, and it was pretty obvious that was when Desmond began to spiral and didn't go outside, could it mean that his body is still out there or that he somehow survived? That could be a cool twist.

Also, what happened to Rousseau? I think she could have been a nice addition to this episode. Finally, Henry said something rather chilling "We ARE the good guys."

I think that was in deep reference to what they are doing there. Possibly forced on the island or possibly they came on their own or possibly they lived there before (the huts) and Hanso destroyed what they had (the sickness). This would explain why Kelvin, who is possibly apart of the whole thing as well, was wearing the suit. They used the sickness to get rid of whoever was left to keep the island a safeguard.

Finally, when Desmond said he was sailing for 2 weeks and was right where Fugi should be, but it was the island, it made me wonder if this island was some different dimension.

So much information, so much. . .

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Hmm are you sure about Desmond joining the cast? I know that Henry Gale is becoming a series regular (man does he seem sinister), and I also heard that Season Three Spoiler, SRSLY
Penny Widmore will be joining the cast as a regular, don't know if on the island or off
, but I haven't heard anything about Desmond. He seemed to die in the end. Who knows, though, they left that all pretty ambiguous. I also know that Michael and Walt are being called "Guest stars" for next season so I don't know if they'll escape or not. But who knows what exactly will happen. The fate of MOST of the characters was left in the open at the end.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
05/16 - In Season 3,] there will be new locations and new characters (one rumor has Desmond joining the cast full-time, but producers won't comment). The season's big theme sounds timely, twisty, and terrifying. Hints Lindelof: "'Us versus Them.' But who's the 'us,' and who's the 'them'?" Source: Entertainment Weekly

Reading it, I'd say that it is kind of left in the air really. But, Locke was pretty close to where Desmond was. So if Desmond died, Eko and Locke would have also had to die.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the three of them are still alive and it was just reverse-polarity that sent the hatch door flying, not an explosion. There's no way Charlie could've survived the hatch exploding.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to think, and this is just a major cracked-out theory of mine...

The fail safe... What exactly did it do? All we kept being told was that it would "Make everything go away." Could that be figuratively, or literally? Here's what I'm starting to think... Charlie is acting really wierd. Could the "fail safe" make you lose yourself? Is that what happened to the Others? Did they go through similar experiences that made them... who they are? Is that why they think they're the good guys? Do they think that if certain people had been caught in the "Fail Safe," would they have resulted in... failed Others?
I know, it's crazy, but it was just a random thing I thought up.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
I believe that Lost is going in the direction of time travel for a few reasons.

ABC LOST Message Board Member said:
I'm sure many have heard of the Philadelphia project? Something the navy tried to do decades ago. Their project revolved around bending lightwaves by using strong magnetic forces to make themselves invisible. What ended up happening is what some have theorized as being time travel and warping to different locations instantly. Their experiments also included mind control.

So do you think Dharma is trying to use the naturally and curiously strong magnetic force of the island as a possible way to try to construct a huge time warp machine and at the same time these magnetic forces render the island invisible?
Perhaps that is why no one can find them? The island is invisible. I don't think they were 1000 miles off course at all. The magnetic force the island generates may have bended the the lightwaves in the sky. Perhaps this can explain also how the old ship "the black rock" is on the island. Dharma scientists constructed the hatches and the button as a way to control the magnetic force and manipulate it to travel to different times...

In the Philadelphia Project apparently one of the navy ships disappeared from radar and reappeared hundreds of miles away, then disappeared again and reappeared in the same spot where it started. Perhaps someone did not push the button and this caused them to travel to time and bring back this old ship to the current time. Maybe this was the "incident" they speak of...

My theory is that Rose and Bernard or Jack and Kate will eventually get sent back in time in another "incident".

Therefore, I'm thinking "Adam and Eve" in the cave are Rose and Bernard or Jack and Kate.

Also, it almost seemed like their was "savages" on the island (remember when Eko saw their legs and one was dragging the teddy bear?) Perhaps these are people from the past which have been accidentally brought to the future.

OR...

The time travel effect Dharma is trying to manipulate could explain how the food and supplies arrives out of thin air, no trail in the sky or anything.

Another being the connection between the numbers and new moons, but I'll talk about that later.
That's just one theory that I and many others have come up with over the past few days and have agreed on.

Gah, I wish I had the mind of the creators.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Master WGS said:
I'm beginning to think, and this is just a major cracked-out theory of mine...

The fail safe... What exactly did it do? All we kept being told was that it would "Make everything go away." Could that be figuratively, or literally? Here's what I'm starting to think... Charlie is acting really wierd. Could the "fail safe" make you lose yourself? Is that what happened to the Others? Did they go through similar experiences that made them... who they are? Is that why they think they're the good guys? Do they think that if certain people had been caught in the "Fail Safe," would they have resulted in... failed Others?
I know, it's crazy, but it was just a random thing I thought up.
The failsafe can only happen once. While we aren't sure exactly what happened, we know the hatch was destroyed by its use. Charlie was acting wierd but I think I'd blame it more on him using that vaccine than anything else. There's more to that...

And I would strongly bet that there is no time travel, alternate dimensions, clones, or aliens behind Lost. But who knows.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Good points, Craftstar.

Man, it's going to be so tough waiting for next fall... I'm gonna have to buy/download all of Season 2 and watch it over again, just to keep myself buys/entertained.

Top Bottom