• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I notice the show is becoming more and more linear too. Like before they would show on person, say Ana Lucia, then show what Charlie and Claire are up to that same point. I am just worried about shows like this.

They have an AWESOME story, but if they just keep adding sidetracks it will be like one of those shows that just tries to extend itself, my best example is "The Tomorrow People" from Old School Nickolodeon. Prety cool show, but it just stalls so they can make time.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Yeah, they seem to be going off on these little 'sidequests' if you will...and not focusing enough on the main story...but things seem to be picking up again after watching the previews for next week's (hopefully 'next week') episode.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah... I think they'll find a balloon... but it won't be a yellow smiley face like Henry said it would be. Then they'll realize they've been duped, and a bunch of the Others will come outta hiding!

Then again, probably not... but I can hope.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
In the preview, you see a baloon with a yellow smiley face on it.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
...Of course! Wal Mart owns Dahrma, the ones who ran this friggin' island! Of course!

Anyways, can't wait for tonight's episode. Who else is starting to worry about Micheal and Walt?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Jesus that was awsome.

And I was sure Henry was innocent...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Wowwwww. That was insane.

Spoiler marks for the people who haven't seen it yet.
Henry was one of them, after finally starting to make it look like he wasn't. I always figured he was.

Locke is badly injured, possibly re-paralyzed?

The numbers got entered, so we still don't know what happens =(. But! There is no explanation of why the hatch was acting up, and why when the numbers reset the lights went out and black lights turned on for a few seconds...

...but WHAT the hell. That diagram that was visible on the blast door. It looked like a map of six or seven "hatches" and a central giant "question mark" area. What?!?!?

Food got dropped in, probably gets dropped in periodically for the person living in the hatch.

In the flashbacks, the girl that Locke was inspecting the house for was Nadia, Sayid's girl. Also the Oceanic planes flying over Locke. Was it me or did the Oceanic logo seem to change to look like the Dharma logo at a certain angle in a few frames?

Preview for the next episode:
If Hurley dies like they try to imply he might I'm gonna freak out. Notice he's seeing a mystery person walking around just like Jack did in season one. He says something about being sick. Maybe the "sickness"?

WOW, what an episode.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Here is a picture of the blacklight diagram

Definetly looks like several hatches, with tunnels connecting them.

Notice the "I AM HERE", and then a line pointing to the bottom circle

Also, the cursive writing is Latin, and translates to "I think therefore I suffer pain"

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
There is a "Neptune" station. Something seems to be labelled "EVIL".

I spot the number 108.00 under the "I AM HERE" circle.

"Possible CV II -Inactive Range Accident"

Just stuff I can see

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
To the bottom right of the "I AM HERE" circle, there is a note that says "Inactive since Accident"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hmm, that will need to be explored more, and I hope in depth.

Also, I think the preview didn't hint at Hurley's death but that girl from the other camp who he is in love with. If you recall, when they pan to the feet and it steps, you can hear Hurley scream, but if he was falling it wouldn't sound constant. Also, it would build on the fact that Hurley was deeply troubled.

So far, I noticed the links between Locke and Sayid, Sawyer and Kate, who else did they reveal a direct line between?

Also, I felt the reparalyzing of Locke, could be a really bad move. He was just becoming possible a hugely awesome character.

Gale will die, I am certain. Also, the preview never revealed he was one of the others, but he did say "My people will kill me if I say." Either A. it was an obvious illusion to the others or B. Dharma

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
About Locke:
It has been confirmed that Locke will be in crutches for the rest of the season, so he isn't fully paralized again

I actually don't think that Gale will die. The Others have Walt hostage, and now the survivors have one of the Others hostage. I think they will try to trade them.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer

Someone has put up what thay managed to read from the map.

Extreme closeups available here: http://www.lostlinks.net/blastdoor.htm

Furthur (EXTREME) analysis here: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Blast_door

It seems that door is a single source of more information than anything that's ever been on the show, if you read through all the notes on the wiki.

For example, it's possible that the black smoke security system is called "cerberus," since notes mention cerberus activity on the island. Of course, much of all of it is speculation.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
That's insane, as was this episode. I just watched it a few hours ago, since I had it recorded. I'm eager to see what happens with Henry, since he isn't one of the Others...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
That's insane, as was this episode. I just watched it a few hours ago, since I had it recorded. I'm eager to see what happens with Henry, since he isn't one of the Others...
Yes he is...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
No, he is. Did you notice that he ISN'T Henry Gale? Or in the preview for next week, when he talks about his fellow Others, when asked about the guy in the beard he says "Him? He's nothing" while almost laughing. Sounds like not all the Others get along, but that doesn't mean he isn't one.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Craftstar said:
No, he is. Did you notice that he ISN'T Henry Gale? Or in the preview for next week, when he talks about his fellow Others, when asked about the guy in the beard he says "Him? He's nothing" while almost laughing. Sounds like not all the Others get along, but that doesn't mean he isn't one.
Does canada get diffrent previews? Because I only saw a scene with "Henry" saying "If I tell you, they'll kill me!", and then Sayid saying, "I'll kill you"

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm just curious about the hatch again now. Now food drops down and the picture on the blast door...wtf???

and we havent heard from Walt or Michael in awhile...

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Does anyone have any thoughts about Claire and her encounter with the French woman's daughter (Or that other guy... Brian?) ?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Off topic, but was Invaison cancelled? I saw one episode then I never bothered, now there is another show in it's place.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I don't think it was canceled... but just postponed to make room for the new show "The Evidence." ...Yep, Evidence is just on borrowed time for a while. <abc.com>

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I know Invasion wasn't doing great but not sure exactly how good/bad it was doing. Lost hasn't been officially renewed yet, but there's no chance that it won't be (same with all of ABCs shows, such as Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I thought The Evidence was pretty shallow. Like they used a gimmick for viewers THEN worried about story.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Man, I KNOW Henry is lying because there is NO way "nothing" happens when the timer runs out. Henry will never stop lying to them. Plus people would riot if the timer was a big joke. They probably won't get much information out of him, however.

"God can't see us. God can't see this island more than anyone else on the planet can." < easily the most significant line of the episode.

I saw the Dave twist coming IMMEDIATLY after they showed him being "ignored" in the basketball game. I suspected Libby had a run-in with Hurley at the hospital but was pretty surprised to see that she was a PATIENT there.

"Deep Dish"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I kept thinking back to how do we know Henry pushed the button, then he brought it up. If that's the case then perhaps the hatch is a giant experiment.

I liked how Jin was just laughing when Sawyer was being beaten. That was great.

I also thought Libby would fall off that cliff the second I saw Dave say it was the only way to wake up. Unfortunately, like Craftstar, I saw the Dave thing pretty far away, but hey, it was needed.

Libby was a patient: Huh, didn't expect. I was almost certain she was Hurley's doctor that administered the pills so he never really saw her. It made sense looking back. I was kind of expecting Hurley to jump off though and "wake up" then hear a news report of a big plane crash implying that the survivors are just commatose, but I guess that would be a bit much.

Overall, good episode. Not as informative as last weeks, but is moving steadily. I saw that Jack offered Henry for Walt in next weeks episode, interesting.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Aha! I called that they would trade them.

I think that the button does nothing, and I always did. If Henry just didn't want them to press the button, then why would he have done it?

Sayid is starting to piss me off. I seriously think that he will die before this season ends.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sayid is one of my favorites. I did also say Hurley wouldn't die.

Anyone notice how the food seemed to appear miraculously? At least ONE person would have heard something or seen something. Seems interesting.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The hatch is supposed to be far away from the camp though, right? Wasn't it like, half a days walk when Boone and Locke first found it?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
My friends and I are starting to think that the numbers with the hatch are one giant ball of nothing. All it is is for the Others in one of the other hatches depicted in the map to keep tabs on the other hatches. So long as the button gets pushed, they know someone's still there. If no one pushes it, they know it's empty. Whaddaya think?

Also, I'm beggining to think that the hyrogliphic (bad spelling, I'm sure) things that flipped down when the numbers weren't entered resemble the symbols for each of the different things on the map...

Side note, a friend of mine thinks that one of the Others'[/i[ names is God, and that's what he meant when "God doesn't even know how long we've been here." Not the greatest theory, but something I thought I'd throw out there.

Top Bottom