• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Jack intends to take on The Others. But I think that will be saved for a while actually. Next week seems to center around Charlie, so if the next few episodes that follow involve the "training" the season finale may be the confrontation.

th0rn

Smash Lord
About micheal talking to Walt on the computer, the guy said don't communicate to anyone on the OUTSIDE world. So technically, if Walt is still on the island, that's really not the "outside" world.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Woah, I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before. Anyways, I love this show, very cool. J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, and Carlton Cuse have really created one of the best shows in my lifetime IMHO.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wife said:
Lost is like weed. I don't want to try it once because I'm worried I'll never be able to stop.

How ironic, Wife is now currently hooked on LOST - But i have been for a while - kick *** show

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
th0rn said:
About micheal talking to Walt on the computer, the guy said don't communicate to anyone on the OUTSIDE world. So technically, if Walt is still on the island, that's really not the "outside" world.
It actually says not to use the computer for ANYTHING other than inputting the code and pushing the button, which includes any kind of communication.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
*smacks head for not seeing this thread before*

Lost is one of my favourite shows right now. Haven't missed an episode since.

I think that the reason for the Others taking Walt will (hopefully) soon be revealed (fully or partially). I mean, Walt has displayed psychic powers before (ie: bird project from flashback, bird flies into window, and polar bear comic page on tropical island, bang...polar bear), and that may be the reason why they took him...

Man, that's why I love this drama so much...it leaves ou wondering even more after every episode...and that makes you want to keep watching. ;)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to think that the Others are taking children to train them to be fighters. When they found Walt with his powers, they knew they had found the golden goose of the survivors. So, they took the kid, along with some other surviving children (kid with the teddy bear) and have begun training them to be a next generation of warriors to protect the island.

I'm still curious about the number sequence though. Is that keeping that black smoke stuff at bay? If they didn't press it, would something happen to the others? Gah! So many questions...

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I also just realized that the monster is black smoke, and remember the night that the Others came? What was rising from the Island? Black smoke.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, well in The 23rd Pslam, we all know we saw the monster. Remember it would flash sometimes? At first i thought it was electricity, but every time it flashes it shows a part of Eko's background, like the old guy he shot, his brother, a crucifix, and some other things. Just try to pause it whenever it flashes, it's pretty cool.

To everybody that wants to know what the numbers mean: The producers have said multiple times that they're just random, but I suppose you could still hope they mean something....they could be lying....I guess...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love this show. I watch it every Wednesday. I'm most interested in Hurley's background. The whole deal with the numbers is just so mysterious. But what I want most to happen is I want them to NOT type in the combo on the computer and see what happens.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Lost is a pretty good show. I got into it right at the beginning of the second season because my roomates and I watched the entire first season on DVD with some other friends in my dorm. I think the second season is dragging a little bit now. It started off really strong, but the most recent episodes haven't been too good. Sayid has just had really bad luck, and I wish we saw more of his old self, not the depressed new Sayid. And more Ana Lucía interaction with the front end surivors would be cool. She seems to only talk to Jack.

Oh, and Eko is obviously the coolest person alive.
Hopefully the next episode will be good. It needs to be to make up for the one with Charlie's backstory. That was just kind of wierd. And not that entertaining.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Yeah, Charlie's gone off the deep end now. ;) He was my favourite one on the island, but quickly replaced by Eko. But that was awesome when Charlie called Locke a ****er. Definately the highlight of that episode.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Have you even seen any statistics at all? Do you know how many people actually watch Lost? I guess it's just your opinion, but at least post more than just saying that it'll "apparently" be canceled because it "apparently" sucks. Very lame post. Lame indeed. If you don't like Lost, don't troll in the Lost thread.

[on topic]By the way, I had a problem last week and ended up not getting it recorded, but it turns out it was a repeat anyway ;) and the one tonight is supposed to be a new episode.

*crosses fingers*

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it seems that we're a selective group. Most that start watching Lost now aren't really into it, but we all have the background, and love it because we're hooked on wondering what'll happen next.

Next episode: T-minus 4 hours. ;)

EDIT: So...what do you think of the captured guy? Is he one of them? Discuss!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
He is soooo one of them. He definitely knows something.

Anyone else freak out about the symbols when Locke almost missed putting in the numbers? What the heck was that about? OMG, I want them to not press that friggin' button!!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
It looked like hyroglyphs (Yes I know I spelled it wrong) After he pressed enter and it reset, I was like "Lame!"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I fear this season will end with the clock counting down and a empty shot of the hatch. Implying no one would get to it in time. Also, I believe The Others won't be explained until next season, then we may get an episode or two on their back story and maybe the hatches story.

The show does seem to be striving to get emotions though, which is a bad sign. Take Sawyer killing the frog. Totally unnecessary to his character. Yes, we get it, he is bad and evil, he had Charlie kidnap Sun, ect. But to have him crush the frog, it didn't really make much sense. But, the show really needs to just get to the point at this stage. I find they are moving too slowly, almost stalling just to build a climax for the last month of episodes.

roy21

Smash Rookie
lost in lost

what i dont get is y they keep on puttin in the code. just bcuz some crazy guy was doin it(i wondr wat hapened to him) duznt mean that they hav to. it could b a joke for all u know.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yes, one sick, cruel, mindless joke... (Eh, I guess I can't rule it out. Crazier things have happened...)

I'm really curious after that last episode (Claire and her trip to... the "Docter's"...). Now I really wanna know what this place is all about. And what happened to the French woman's daughter?

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Yeah, they're giving you pieces and pieces, one by one, getting you closer to the truth. But as Crimson said, I fear it's progressing a bit too slow.

New episode tonight (apparently)!

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
Yeah, they're giving you pieces and pieces, one by one, getting you closer to the truth. But as Crimson said, I fear it's progressing a bit too slow.

New episode tonight (apparently)!
That's odd...considering it's a Tuesday. And i'm fairly certain this week's a repeat.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This week's episode is also a repeat, from season 1. I wish they would just go on already, the season is nearly done and the next new episode is March 22. Sun is supposed to be pregnant and I think that could mean her death soon.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Well they only have 23 episodes for a season so they have to stretch it out over repeats--although according to the creators in the podcast once the show comes back next week, they'll be doing a straight run of episodes right to the end of the season.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
They had big breaks like this last season too, I don't see what the big deal is.

It IS just a television show.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Gerudo Knight said:
They had big breaks like this last season too, I don't see what the big deal is.

It IS just a television show.
Your point? I've killed men for much lesser things! :laugh:

Anyways, I'm beginning to wonder just how long this show will last. I mean, how many seasons can you really go through of this show? Eventually, something has to give...

Then again, they've stretched it out this long, so I guess if anyone can do it...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think I read that if it was up to them, they would have only had 3 seasons. But they say they have a plan so that it can go up to 6 seasons, and probally more.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I hope not.

I enjoy the show, but I am tired of the filler episodes, to be honest. The one with Sawyer taking the guns and Charlie kidnapping Sun comes to mind. The episode was just to build around facts we already knew. I think they are saving any real information on The Others until next season. If they wanted to keep the show fresh, they could make the next season almost dedicated to what happened with The Others. That would be sweet.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
After last night's episode, I'm almost certain that Henry is one of them. I know that in the preview that it looks like they found his balloon, but I still don't believe him. Somethin' is definitely up with that guy.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually don't think he is an other. I have a feeling that the writers are tricking us with him. He could be setting them agianst eachother because he simply wants to escape from the weird people that captured him, shot him, and tortured him.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
For a while I thought that, but then I began to feel that it seemed like they were leading us on to feel that way. I think it's gonna look like he's not an other... but then they'll shock us by revealing the truth. They'll make him appear to be good.... but then... BAM! He's an other.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I still don't know about Henry...I feel that they did a pretty good job with it, making you wonder who he really is. I love his freaky thing at the end of the episode...explaining what he would do to them with the map if he was an Other...very suspicious...

I actually liked that episode quite a bit more than the recent "fillers" that've been on lately.

Top Bottom