• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I absolutely loved the finale. The very very end reveal definitely put me off at first (I originally thought the church was Christian) but the more I think about it, the more I'm very satisfied with it. The rest of episode had me in tears several times. I am not very concerned with the details that were left unanswered, and I am so happy that they went with mysticism and spiritualism as opposed to cold science.

Hated that Walt wasn't anywhere though. And Rose and Bernard weren't anywhere at the end which upset me. Maybe I missed them?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They were in the church. And there's photos of Walt appearing on the set in the finale but somehow he never made an appearence on the show.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Probably be in the extended version on DVD.

LT: Rose and Bernard were there at the end.

Grandeza

Smash Master
So one thing I don't get. In the afterlife timeline, what did all that stuff with like Sun getting shot, Jack getting the cut, Jack having a son with Juliet, what did any of that mean? i understand it was the afterlife and they were moving on together but I don't understand these details.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So one thing I don't get. In the afterlife timeline, what did all that stuff with like Sun getting shot, Jack getting the cut, Jack having a son with Juliet, what did any of that mean? i understand it was the afterlife and they were moving on together but I don't understand these details.
You didn't notice where Locke cut Jack's neck in the island timeline?

I interpreted the two timelines being two stages on the way to spiritual enlightenment, a nirvana type stage of being rather than a purgatory.

Grandeza

Smash Master
You didn't notice where Locke cut Jack's neck in the island timeline?

I interpreted the two timelines being two stages on the way to spiritual enlightenment, a nirvana type stage of being rather than a purgatory.
Yeah but weren't the two timelines not happening simultaneously? I thought they only went to the afterlife timeline after they died. So why would jack get the cut in the other timeline if they weren't happening at the same time? Or am i wrong and were they happening simultaneously?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It doesn't say specifically. I took Jack's cut and other things to represent that the timelines were happening at once, in a quantum function. Think of the concept of reincarnation, only that each life that is lived is happening at once, only in a different universe. Jack and the others "died" on the island timeline in order to become enlightened in the other timeline so they can move on to the next plane of existence.

It's not a perfect concept, as theoretically there would be dozens and dozens of timelines where the character's are finding their way to enlightenment.

Top Bottom