• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost Mafia - Who won? - The viewing audience of course

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm not saying draw it out to the deadline, I just don't like to see it be finished up extremely early without much consideration going on(or, as with J's lynch, when EE wanted to return from V/LA and read prior to the lynch but J was put at -1 to self hammer). I guess I should rephrase it to not discussing anything but "investigative says (blank) let's go blank." I feel there should always be at least a period of discussing anything else prior to doing the lynch(i.e. the weirdness of the night kills from a mafia perspective) that just kinda got skipped over as long as scum kept getting handed over. If that makes sense.
J quicklynch was stupid and Asidoh should've been yelled at more profusely than that. I agree that D4 ended far sooner than it should've, and I was actually a bit miffed when I couldn't come in and talk more because I came back and J already hammered for obvious reasons. But that day wasn't lasting much longer anyway so I'm not too angry about it.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Wait, Kat was scum? That explains the vibes, but did they both just give up at the same time or something?

I totally didn't catch that when the game ended.
It was part mechanics and part practicality on my behalf.

Glyph did send me a night action to kill Kat. Kat could have protected himself, but I felt the game was over and it wouldn't be fun for anyone to drag it out further.

Kat, if you're pissed I preempted your night action, I apologize.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
It would have been over right there anyway. Oh hey EE, you didn't protect Kat and my kill failed? I guess we'll lynch him.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Cuz A) I didn't expect to be friggin copped, B) Like I think it was Glyph that said it too, but with the help of that claim I was brownie townie as fuhh, and C) I honestly expected there to be some other form of anti town Night killing but that was just me playing numbers w.o a kill.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No one expects to be copped but you were the first of your mates to go. Leaving Gheb there gave you somewhat of a viable NK--it certainly wasn't a ProTown one--and you always had the safeclaim on the table for someone else to claim down the road when you felt you were in a position to remove him.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey Laundry if you know Calculus you should totally go to the social to make sure Gorf doesn't get stuck with a B in AP Cal.

But like idk leaving GBizzle alive left the possibility of it being a NOT ProScum kill, ya feel me?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Would you have seriously believed that, in a large game, we were entirely dependent on one role that was out to kill us?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Would you have seriously believed that, in a large game, we were entirely dependent on one role that was out to kill us?
/shrug

I get you were screwed from the start due to an entirely town-skewed game, but even so, there was a viable means of directing him and Gheb's somewhat predictable anyway. You had a mafia doc as well. I'm surprised you didn't just pretend this was TWEWY with more people and went with it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Even in endgame I'm kind've surprised you went with the claims you did. Two confirmed investigative roles, and you opt to choose that path? Kat, it would've been ever so easy for you to claim Nurse, or even VT, and have Ryker NOT release the Jan log. Ryker, even you could have played that to your power a bit more. Of course, anyways, I still think it would've had the same outcome, but it might've dragged it out another day longer.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
thing with that is if i claimed vt or nurse i would have been caught out in a lie because you saw me target j. my strat at that point was to out a bunch of pr reads to attempt to separate myself from gorf and tie in with the whole jan thing and then see where this takes me (i was probs gonna try and lynch glyph so there would be no more killers... and then pray auspher would spontaneously combust or something... maybe push Michael being a survivor of the flight to suggest auspher's results aren't always 100% foolproof >_>)

@tanny: no problem btw. i think we all realised the impending doom when auspher outed himself, and then it became clearer we were against a town vig as people died. at that point it was more just playing for funsies. The QT is a fun read =D there was no safe way to deal with them and whether they investigated/killed us sooner than later was not the point because it's the same thing. so yeah it was a good decision :grin: btw what's happened to mcmaymayz and cello???

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
/shrug

I get you were screwed from the start due to an entirely town-skewed game, but even so, there was a viable means of directing him and Gheb's somewhat predictable anyway. You had a mafia doc as well. I'm surprised you didn't just pretend this was TWEWY with more people and went with it.
We had what we assumed was a way to guarantee a town read on Gorf for the rest of the game. I do not regret the decision.

Even in endgame I'm kind've surprised you went with the claims you did. Two confirmed investigative roles, and you opt to choose that path? Kat, it would've been ever so easy for you to claim Nurse, or even VT, and have Ryker NOT release the Jan log. Ryker, even you could have played that to your power a bit more. Of course, anyways, I still think it would've had the same outcome, but it might've dragged it out another day longer.
Dude, if you're going to lose the land anyway, then why not bet the farm?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gj town, well played. Very strong night phase play by our PRs.

Sorry about ****ty activity. I fake softclaimed doc to try and draw an NK since I was pretty useless anyway.

Only comment about the game that I really feel justified in making is that mass amounts of no flips is really, really obnoxious. Losing all that information is hugely detrimental to the town, and though the strength of our PRs kind of balanced it out, going with a design philosophy of little to no flips is a very frustrating design. Not that my activity was excusable, but I will say that the fact that no one was flipping made it very difficult to get myself back into the game after falling so far behind. As a VT, I had basically no confirmed info to work with when I tried to re-read and I just basically stayed uninformed the whole game. Games like this are only fun for people who have means of getting definite info. **** sux as VT.

Just my two cents. Thanks for hosting Tandora!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yo frozen I'm sorry for thinkin' you were scum man. I did see the onepercenter town motivation/logic in the things you said, but you know, math and science. Especially with the VT docbluff when I was doc. Alas, it was the one percent that won this time.

On the bright side your being town made me rethink everything and created one of those moments where Ryker had to stick his neck out due to lack of mafia kills, which sprung to mind, so you ended up having a function, heh. You were the sacrifice the Island demanded.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol you don't have apologize for thinking I was scum. Pretty much everyone did and I don't blame them. You didn't have much to go on and I'll admit what I did provide wasn't exactly groundbreaking material.

I think you kind of read into some of the things I said a little too intensely but in the absence of other material you were kind of forced to over scrutinize what little you had to work with, and that type of intense scrutiny leads to lots of little jumps that bring you to nasty conclusions.

What I will say though is I totally called the whole Gorf fakeclaiming FBI agent as a stalker thing though. I found it funny that people were trying to say that was anti-town of me keeping that consideration open, and then it ended up being spot on. XD

Yay for making the best of a bad situation lol

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It being spot-on when he flipped was what made me suddenly have doubts you were scum. There wasn't really any good reason for you, as his scumbud, to try to put distance to yourself when you were obviously bus material.

Top Bottom