• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for ONE person in social Melee (Tampa, Fl.)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I guess I did not realize the smash community was this childish.

Who would have figured that someone sending out an open invitation would get criticized for wanting to play with another person who enjoys the game.

"Oh, the humanity! How dare he do such a heinous act on our special forums. what a disgrace he is to want to play with items in a FFA. i can't believe he plays on non sanctioned tournament stages! i bet he even randoms when he plays.

What a scrub, what a n00b."

~

Still waiting for a real response to this thread.
We are ALL people who enjoy the game, just not necessarily to the ruleset you're referring to.

The funny thing is, you're calling us Elitist and snobish, yet you're trying to be elitist and snobish, which is funny because there's nothing elite about playing with Items....

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i'm just getting multiple laughs out of this

take things less serious

SheerMadness

Smash Master
i'm not a tournament go'er, the whole scene reeks of coplete *** and the players are pompus and really full of themselves.
Thats how you started this thread out, by calling all of us *****es. What the **** kind of response did you expect?

nevershootme

Smash Master
first off, don't even mention items in the 1st place (especially in a forum like this, hardly anyone would have an open viewpoint), items are fun in ways, but usually if everyone is mega bored here, we'll just put that on for kicks, or FFA falcon on hyrule temple (yea i said it).

2nd come to smashfests and meet people, makes you better at the game if you want to keep playing. in addition you are not playing your cards right as far as a tournament scene goes. locking yourselves without expansion is ridiculous and makes you secluded from everyone else. becoming a crew of recluse

if you want to see a bad scene, go to an anime con and hang out at the game room and observe and listen to them talk, that's full of scrubs to pound on. I've been through 3-4 cons and listen in on the conversations and comments and man how I enjoy 3 stocking the kids!

end of ****ing story

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
hang out at the game room
this reminds me of this one time....

2 dudes were playing melee

... but something was wrong

they were both jiggs.... with lvl 9 yoshis on their teams... no friendly fire... and the only items on were hearts........... and they were on FD

both of them were eating a shared stock pile of sunkist and twizzlers

i wish we still had the video

it was HILARIOUS

Rayku

Smash Lord
I guess I did not realize the smash community was this childish.

Who would have figured that someone sending out an open invitation would get criticized for wanting to play with another person who enjoys the game.

"Oh, the humanity! How dare he do such a heinous act on our special forums. what a disgrace he is to want to play with items in a FFA. i can't believe he plays on non sanctioned tournament stages! i bet he even randoms when he plays.

What a scrub, what a n00b."

~

Still waiting for a real response to this thread.
The fact of the matter is that most people play/practice Smash in order to try and get a better grasp on matchups and competitive play. They practice for tournaments, and tournaments with FFA's and items don't necessarily um...exist.

It's not what you're asking is unreasonable. It's just that most people are not going to be down for it. I know I'm not, simply because

1) I live far away
2) I don't like playing Brawl in my spare time (which means I don't like going out of my way for it)

That's my personal response. I don't really know how game people around you are going to be. I guess their reaction to this thread could be their response..

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Just a fun-fact, not joining in on the conversation - I was in the WC3 scene for a long time...started in 04 ended in 06'.

Anyways these two people that were some wc3 tournament "go-ers" were talking mad shlt on the forums to eachother about "OMG IM BETTER THAN U." "NO IM BETTUR." In the end, I wanted them to face eachother because I want to see if one of them would react after the match, when they're not 2,000 miles away from eachother.

This (at the time) was a big match...compare it to m2k vs ally, you know? Well..right when one of them was about to win I was stoked to see what was gonna happen, I wanted **** to go down because...well come on I (personally) wanted some entertainment.

I thought it was mad gay when the winner just typed to him..."you're so ****ed." I was like wow.....so panzy. Mind you they weren't across the country anymore, but only 15 feet away. The guy who won proceeded to walk over to him and they shook hands.

As he was shaking his hand he yelled in his face "GET F*CKED." The other guy walked away. I guess it was more entertaining to be there, but at the time it was entertaining....yeah...just my little experience.

- GALUDA FUN-FACT OF THE DAY.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
ill play with you dude

Where are you? Give me your address an Ill stop by i love playing for fun.

727 418 1397

yea man just hit me up an say your scarface from the boards

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol sounds gay as hell, josh

btw, wtf, are there ANY good games coming out (besides traditional fighters)?

i'm gonna be so pissed if tmnt smash up sucks... or if d3/gw2 don't come out within 2 years/if they suck

PolMex23

Smash Champion
this reminds me of this one time....

2 dudes were playing melee

... but something was wrong

they were both jiggs.... with lvl 9 yoshis on their teams... no friendly fire... and the only items on were hearts........... and they were on FD

both of them were eating a shared stock pile of sunkist and twizzlers

i wish we still had the video

it was HILARIOUS
That is the most horrifying thing ive heard in a while =X

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
lol sounds gay as hell, josh

btw, wtf, are there ANY good games coming out (besides traditional fighters)?

i'm gonna be so pissed if tmnt smash up sucks... or if d3/gw2 don't come out within 2 years/if they suck
HAD TO BE THERE ***, lol <3

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol...I think you're all getting trolled
No way this guy can be serious

I mean come on...
He posts on a pretty much solely competitive forum, in a pretty much solely competitive section, and insults the competitive scene, while at the same time asking for casual play, while ALSO praising melee when he claims to not even play for the tech skill, then acts offended when the competitive scene responds accordingly to his 'insults', his 'ignorance', and his contradictory attitude about the scene and the community which he is surrounded by, especially on these forums. Never mind the cliche gripes about the competitive scene not knowing how to have fun, and being arrogant, unfriendly, unhelpful, and all around having many of the generalized 'tourney-***' stereotypes.

No way someone can be that dumb

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
no, i mean like who does that?

edit: shut up Think

how can one get trolled when they're the ones trolling?

Pi

Smash Hero
no, i mean like who does that?

edit: shut up Think

how can one get trolled when they're the ones trolling?

he's clearly not serious when everyone is taking him seriously and startin a bunch of **** around it
that's gettin trolled nigggaaaa

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
everyone is taking him seriously/QUOTE]

yea, i took him real serious

i'm so sadd that i got rejected from his game nights.... I JUST WANTED TO BE THE BEST

AROUND

no one ever gonna keep me down

Pi

Smash Hero
everyone is taking him seriously
yea, i took him real serious

i'm so sadd that i got rejected from his game nights.... I JUST WANTED TO BE THE BEST

AROUND

no one ever gonna keep me down
lol, not speaking to you personally, yes I did generalize all the posts, I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME, but from what I read the majority of people here were taking him seriously.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yea, i know

i'm just joking around

we should play some melee again at some point

or 64

lamugi

Smash Lord
hey ryan id play with you buddy! i really dont care i'll go all ness and **** so i can absorb your powers like a boss! Hey so long as we can play some fighters as well thats all i care about!

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Of course I'm serious.

I posted on this site because its the largest community of Smash players PLUS it also has a regional section.

I'm not a tournament go'er nor do I intend to ever become one.

My group is missing one person to have a complete FFA Melee night.

I play for fun.

What's not to understand?

Do you all see what you are writing? You are all talking like complete jack *****. I think my initial assessment of the tourny scene (which I have seen first hand) was right on the Mark.

No of you would talk all this smack to me in person, yet you do so freely cause it's the internet.

Makes no sense.

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol...you don't come in here and insult us, insult the way we play, and expect a warm welcome, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If all you wanted was a 4th player to participate in 4player FFA's with items on, etc. etc, then all you had to say was that you were looking for a 4th player to participate in 4player FFA's with items on, and neglect the part about tourney goers and scene being full of themselves and not give your opinion on '1v1 crap'.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
The truth is the truth. I've been and its not my scene, so naturally this is the first thing I was going to say.

and are you all blind or just slow? I never said items are a must, I say we play with items. The only reason I brought this up is because I know how frowned upon their randomness is. I'm NOT playing to become better, I play for fun. What is so freaking hard to get?

Plus it smells. Can you honestly comment otherwise?

Deodorant man. Deny it all you want, the majority of tournament go'ers smell bad. If this doesn't apply to you, then it DOESN'T apply to you. No insult has been made to whoever the hell you are. I for one don't care if you take offense to this or not.

Pi

Smash Hero
So yeah.

i'm not a tournament go'er, the whole scene reeks of coplete *** and the players are pompus and really full of themselves.

What I really am looking for is just one person to be the fouth person in my friends Melee nights.

No 1v1 crap, is a free for all.

We have been playing with just three people for a long time and we can't seem to find a good solid fourth player.

If you live in the Tampa area and don't mind driving to aroud Waters and Dale Mabry say something in this thread.

We get together usually once a week or once every two weeks or something.

A 4th person would make the game that much more fun.

Well, let's see how this goes. lol
Excluding items, and excluding the fact that yes, most tournaments do smell rather ballsy, you don't need to make sweeping generalizations about tourney smashers based on one or a few bad experiences you have had.

Nor do YOU need to insult the way WE play.

You play for fun?
Wow, that's new to me, I never play for fun, when I play my boring 1v1 final destination matches they usually end in big frustrating arguments between me and my friends. I can't begin to tell you how many friendships I have broken up over this game.

Here is all you should have posted, and perhaps you would have been able to avoid the ****storm you started, although I think that was your intention all along any way;

What I really am looking for is just one person to be the fouth person in my friends Melee nights.

is a free for all.

We have been playing with just three people for a long time and we can't seem to find a good solid fourth player.

If you live in the Tampa area and don't mind driving to aroud Waters and Dale Mabry say something in this thread.

We get together usually once a week or once every two weeks or something.

A 4th person would make the game that much more fun.

Well, let's see how this goes. lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
that's cause playing 1v1s actually works up a sweat it's that hardcore
Truefax.

Lol...you don't come in here and insult us, insult the way we play, and expect a warm welcome, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If all you wanted was a 4th player to participate in 4player FFA's with items on, etc. etc, then all you had to say was that you were looking for a 4th player to participate in 4player FFA's with items on, and neglect the part about tourney goers and scene being full of themselves and not give your opinion on '1v1 crap'.
Truefax.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
No one on swf plays for fun. We all camp hard as FUCK and have fist fights after the match. I cant tell you how many people Ive thrown out my house when they pick fox. No fox in my house, no falco either. I cant get out of that stupid broken down throw to shine combo. No marth either, hes the easiest charcter to play anyway. Man, dont you guys hate when youre on your lats life and then then the turtle goes under the water and you go out there because there was a starman on his back but instead you die. I wish Dr mario had a better Up B.

Welcome to smashboards. We are all scrubs. We all smell bad, and none of us have social lives. We all sit around and stink all day and we dont like girls, just peach.

Pi

Smash Hero
no **** peach, she's broken too, she just spam Dsmash and deal like 60% damage
and how can you recover when so many turnips come your way?
and how can you recover when she dsmash more?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If you can do

that, then I'll drive from West Kendall to play with you.

Straight up, I do like FFA's. Alot. Mostly because it's for those that want to mess around. I get you. I used to be just like you. Corneria or Temple only, all items, FFA. It's fun. But then I was exposed to the tourney scene, and thought that was fun too.

So in the end, I'd rather have a good old 1v1 than an FFA. Would I always say no to the FFA? No. They're fun and pretty cool. Just don't come in with a negative attitude, and you better have called PolMex, because he's probably the only person you'll get.

I'd go if I were in the Tampa area. Too bad I'm not Dx.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
What's with you people?

I said I don't like the tournament scene and suddenly I've insulted you?

I said that the scene isn't for me, and that's very much true. I'm not a competitive person. I don't care who is better or worse then me. I don't need to beat someone in order to have fun.

By viewing these forums and talking to some of the players its not hard to see that they ahve some chip on their shoulder.

Good lord, look how you are replyig in this thread? Insulting me for being pretty basic in my approach.

I don't care how good you are, I never freaking said anything about play styles being banned. This was an open invitation for anyone who wanted to come and play Melee. That's it.

If you don't like FFA, then no...this isn't for you.

If you would rather a whole bunch of people sit in a room and watch two people play a game where four people could...then NO this isn't for you.

This thread is already a lost cause.

Just explainj to me where I ever insulted you or anyone else on these boards in this thread? i made the thread, then afterwards I was called a scrub because I don't play this game the way YOU ALL play it? That's a very judgemental assumption to throw my way when you have never even SEEN me play.

Also, THAT is an insult. Nothing I ever said comes close. The whole smelly thing and pompus attitudes were more of my dry humor that no one on these boards seems to get. That's just how I do things.

But, "welol@ownedthisnub" is funny cause....oh wow we so got this silly guy who was trying to do something we frown upon. HE MUST SUCK! HE CAN ONLY WIN WITH ITEMS! Give me a break.

and for all that I say to get over yerselves. Most the people who have posted in this thread wouldn't get along with me and my friends anyways. Most of you aren't even living in tampa, so yer posts become pointless! Amazing~

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You said we were stupid and smelled. That's an insult.
Funfact: The people at a Play and Trade's casual tournament I went to last night smelled worse, were dumber, had less social skills then the pro players I have so far met from the competitive scene.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
fun fact: Max is a man and crashic is funny lol

let's all chill at FL gaming

Top Bottom