• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Swizzy beat Jolteon at the Brighton event. He's also faced him in pretty much every tournament and always wins. He also beat crystalnite and AmcD. Only Tamoo has ever beaten Edwin in the past and Edwin told me he didn't even care about that. He lost 3-1 to Swizzy and I'm pretty certain Swizz would do it again.

PMS lost to Beast and would definitely have gone out in pools if he hadn't have got Unreal to fake a loss against him. Obviously there's nothing that can be done, Beast was pissed off at the time but being a nice guy didn't really do anything about it, just went off and played street fighter. I know this happened for a fact and I don't think this kind of thing is acceptable at all and will be keeping a close watch over matches where this could happen, it's massively bull****.
My bad, I didn't actually know he beat AmcD and Jolteon, definitely changed my mind a bit on the seeding potential for this tournament, good stuff on those wins Swizzy :)
Seeding isn't fully confirmed and won't be until the day

And yeah that Beast situation and the losing on purpose is kinda bullshiz, EXTREME little you can actually do about it though which is even more bullshiz lol cos at the end of the day unless you see him dropping off on purpose you can't say much, and even in that situation of him dropping off it's hard to punish people.

PEEF!

Good to know you're here alright BTW :)

Where are you staying at since I don't know if you have gone straight to Fuzzyness's house or if you are in Maidstone which is the area I think you were initially staying IIRC.

VA

Smash Hero
My bad, I didn't actually know he beat AmcD and Jolteon, definitely changed my mind a bit on the seeding potential for this tournament, good stuff on those wins Swizzy :)
Seeding isn't fully confirmed and won't be until the day

And yeah that Beast situation and the losing on purpose is kinda bullshiz, EXTREME little you can actually do about it though which is even more bullshiz lol cos at the end of the day unless you see him dropping off on purpose you can't say much, and even in that situation of him dropping off it's hard to punish people.
To me Swizzy is dead cert ahead of Jolteon having never lost to him and outplacing him at every event he's ever been to.

The Beast thing was bull**** but those guys told me it happened thinking I wouldn't mind. I mean, yeah I can't do anything about it but if you know it's happened once within a certain crew of smashers, you'll be looking out for it to happen again.

If it does it's a TO decision but it should lead to instant DQ.

L-J

Smash Ace
Lol Fuzz+Jolteon, you guys don't need to be so defensive and cocky about being better than me and Tamoo, sure we'll mm if you want (though the amounts you're suggesting I would never put on any mm regardless of who I was playing, I'm a poor student so pride of winning has to take precedence over large cash stakes as motivation in my mm's). You guys may well be better than us, the only thing I objected to was your implied dismissal of our team as not very good when the last time you played us you lost and it wasn't that long ago (no Fuzz, 3 months ago isn't ancient history in this game with our regularity of meaningful tournaments - if I dismissed your performance at Genesis 2 last summer, getting out of that death pool etc, as completely irrelevant I doubt you'd accept that).

@ Prof - we don't take offence that good doubles performances don't translate into perceived singles proficiency, as long as it's recognised that good doubles performances DO translate into perceived doubles proficiency (may sound mind numbingly obvious but I'll put it out there)

@ Tamoo - just so you know all those people who were supposed to be coming with me now aren't (one might still be but it's unlikely), so it'll just be me needing the housing on Friday night.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
peefs at mine on friday

people are welcome to come to mine for smash tomorrow

LJ our team works very differently now, especially with a different character lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yep.

And Canterbury is where I'm going to school. Did I get kicked out of Smash Ambassadors? VA?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
LOL MM???
We are both teaming with different people but we can still get that **** in
This. :)

Seeding isn't fully confirmed and won't be until the day.
LMAO I already told you to seed Swizzy above me (I actually laughed at people seeding Swizzy so low), I agree with VA that he's better than I am, he's much more consistent.

To me Swizzy is dead cert ahead of Jolteon having never lost to him and outplacing him at every event he's ever been to.

The Beast thing was bull**** but those guys told me it happened thinking I wouldn't mind. I mean, yeah I can't do anything about it but if you know it's happened once within a certain crew of smashers, you'll be looking out for it to happen again.

Actualllyyyyy I did beat Swizzy once (at arcade not disco), it was in a play-off but I do believe it is a legitimate win and should be treated as such. Regardless though I do accept the fact that he is better than me, but I'm working to change that fact.

Lol Fuzz+Jolteon, you guys don't need to be so defensive and cocky about being better than me and Tamoo, sure we'll mm if you want (though the amounts you're suggesting I would never put on any mm regardless of who I was playing, I'm a poor student so pride of winning has to take precedence over large cash stakes as motivation in my mm's). You guys may well be better than us, the only thing I objected to was your implied dismissal of our team as not very good when the last time you played us you lost and it wasn't that long ago (no Fuzz, 3 months ago isn't ancient history in this game with our regularity of meaningful tournaments - if I dismissed your performance at Genesis 2 last summer, getting out of that death pool etc, as completely irrelevant I doubt you'd accept that).
LOL. Defensive? I said two words: "Money match?". It means to put your money where your mouth is. By the way, I'm a poor student too, I just am that certain that we'll win and therefore have nothing to worry about.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Btw unable to make this now :( gd luck with the tournament im sure it will go well and hope there will be another one.

VA

Smash Hero
Actualllyyyyy I did beat Swizzy once (at arcade not disco), it was in a play-off but I do believe it is a legitimate win and should be treated as such. Regardless though I do accept the fact that he is better than me, but I'm working to change that fact.
I reserve the right to claim the illegitimacy of any results at that event ;)

Jolteon

Btw unable to make this now :( gd luck with the tournament im sure it will go well and hope there will be another one.
wtf? that sucks. :( come to the next tournament.

I reserve the right to claim the illegitimacy of any results at that event ;)
lol meanie. ;( You just want to pretend that trif never beat you!

VA

Smash Hero
wtf? that sucks. :( come to the next tournament.

lol meanie. ;( You just want to pretend that trif never beat you!
That least of all...I want to pretend my fox didn't lose to X1-12. I was having a horrible day, quite clearly and barely lost out to Trif after a hail mary switch to Peach. I can live with that.

Jolteon

That least of all...I want to pretend my fox didn't lose to X1-12. I was having a horrible day, quite clearly and barely lost out to Trif after a hail mary switch to Peach. I can live with that.
LOOOOOOOL, how did I forget to mention the obvious one? It's ok though you can claim that set was illegitimate now.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
VA gets promoted as I get demoted from Smash Ambassador for some reason. I go overseas where I am literally a smash ambassador from the US and then poof my color is gone.

VA

Smash Hero
VA gets promoted as I get demoted from Smash Ambassador for some reason. I go overseas where I am literally a smash ambassador from the US and then poof my color is gone.
then *peef* your colour is gone.

lololol shall I ask in there what happened?

I intend to make something of my ability to use MBR. It's just cool, I've wanted to be in MBR for a while. I'm happy.

Plus I'm the only official member of MBR in the UK ^_^

Jolteon

peef try pming jv to ask why you got demoted lol, i didn't think they would demote anyone like 1-2 weeks after recruiting people.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I asked. I think its because I was critical of Apex streaming. If they kick me out because of that and they dont find my explanation acceptable then so be it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
@ Prof - we don't take offence that good doubles performances don't translate into perceived singles proficiency, as long as it's recognised that good doubles performances DO translate into perceived doubles proficiency (may sound mind numbingly obvious but I'll put it out there)
I always knew you were a top team if my opinion and recognition means anything :bee:

I remember before we knew the Internationals were coming I was hyped for doubles of this tournament cos of all the top teams and how tight the competition was (and it's even tighter now with the Europeans) and I listed it as

Professor Pro + Alpha Dash
Fuzzyness + Jolteon
LJ + Tamoo
Vanity Angel + Swizzy (<<< When I thought it was him)
AmcD + J03
Edwin + Whoever he teams with

I know you're a good team, don't listen to Jolteon and Fuzzy and their disregarding attitudes...love you L-J <3

Yep.

And Canterbury is where I'm going to school. Did I get kicked out of Smash Ambassadors? VA?
Good to know you're alright, how long are you actually down here for again since I would like to play you more then once other then this tournament while you are here.

ALSO do you still want to get in some doubles MM against other top players???

Well seeding isn't confirmed for this tournament as I said before, so I have no problem switching anything around

And a T.O. I guess can intervene in that situation, it's VERYYY unlikely to happen at this event as we are going to try our hardest to seperate pools by location, people who reguarly play plus fair and balancing them.

Jolteon

LOL shut up aaron you disregard people more than anyone else does :(

**** you :(

<3

p.s. we are taking you+alpha free down again at this tournament (but after we destroy the swedes, it's all unity+love before that!)

edit2: robby why didn't you or sam tell one of us :/ there's not a lot we can do typically but if it's obvious we can stop it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've changed, you stayed the same :(

I am all about the love and the support, I would never want to hurt anyones feelings, all I care about is equality for everyone.
I have recently become a fan of remaining quiet during other peoples sets as I think it's important to give players personal head space to think about everything and respect the match, and no matter who wins I think both players should get a round of applause.

I hope we both have good sets in doubles, I really enjoyed last time and I think you got the edge, I hope we can match you this time XD

L-J

Smash Ace
'Money where my mouth is' - my 'mouth' said to not disregard us utterly as a team, which you clearly were doing by saying you lost 'even to Tamoo + L-J' way back in the yesteryear of last October. The cockiness is fairly evident and the mere fact you feel it's necessary to offer a £40 MM shows defensiveness, especially as I never said 'we are better than you', rather 'please don't talk about us like we're shit and don't belong among the top 4/5 UK teams.

Both Tamoo and I have said we'll happily MM anyhow. The fact that you both consider yourselves poor and will still put up reasonably high stakes is irrelevant to me - it's not how I do things. If someone I was very sure of beating asked for a MM I would never ask for the stakes to be higher than a couple of quid; an opponent of similar skill level to or higher than my own (in my own estimation of course) I will treat the same.

And I <3 you too Prof.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I only put big money on the line when I know theres a good chance I can win, even against armada

if you're gonna see that as something disrespectful then cool, it still means to me that I think we'd beat you no problem

KI7

Smash Rookie
So, Im 95% confirmed. Will be housed by Lewis and Jason.
Looking forward to get to know the english scene.

Will 1pound-MM anything that isnt top 5.
Im a quite fast improving Fox main. Probably something like top 25 in Germany of active players, haha. So anyone need a teammate? Dont give a **** how good you are, just be a cool guy.

Melee btw, lol.
Ah, and I hopefully will get some german smashers watch the stream.

Jolteon

aaron: eat a **** you prick LOOOL

'Money where my mouth is' - my 'mouth' said to not disregard us utterly as a team, which you clearly were doing by saying you lost 'even to Tamoo + L-J' way back in the yesteryear of last October.
You misunderstood me.

The cockiness is fairly evident
Cockiness is bad? I would disagree. I don't see you saying anything about Tamoo's cockiness though, I guess that's just exclusive to me. :confused:

and the mere fact you feel it's necessary to offer a £40 MM shows defensiveness,
No, it doesn't, you're just trying to assume a motive now and you're getting it all wrong.

especially as I never said 'we are better than you', rather 'please don't talk about us like we're shit and don't belong among the top 4/5 UK teams.
I can see why you'd think I meant that, but I didn't.

Both Tamoo and I have said we'll happily MM anyhow. The fact that you both consider yourselves poor and will still put up reasonably high stakes is irrelevant to me - it's not how I do things. If someone I was very sure of beating asked for a MM I would never ask for the stakes to be higher than a couple of quid; an opponent of similar skill level to or higher than my own (in my own estimation of course) I will treat the same.
Fair enough.

Why are you trying to read so deeply into this? I merely offered you a MM to prove my point because I think writing text walls on smashboards is not the best way to do so. I believe that you're completely wrong by saying that 3 months is not a significant time period in any competitive environment. If the thought of me MMing you is so upsetting then whatever I'll just write 100 essays on smashboards instead which always turns out to be extremely exciting.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I team with Charles now not Prof!

But I wouldn't mind doing a money match o,o
That garbage team.

So, Im 95% confirmed. Will be housed by Lewis and Jason.
Looking forward to get to know the english scene.

Will 1pound-MM anything that isnt top 5.
Im a quite fast improving Fox main. Probably something like top 25 in Germany of active players, haha. So anyone need a teammate? Dont give a **** how good you are, just be a cool guy.

Melee btw, lol.
Ah, and I hopefully will get some german smashers watch the stream.
I'll MM you £1, £2 if you like.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Who's doing the Brawl seeding cuz me and blaze think that we're gonna be put in some stupid *** hard pools lool

I'm not asking to be seeded with all the high level players eg jmiller pafos etc cuz i aint played against them in a while but i aint as **** as some of the other guys and hopefully people who've played me sort of recently eg CRZ and GP can back me up on that

How many people get thru per pool anyway?

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Sure, £1.

Cause I dont know how these 'single-day-events' exactly work: How early do people usually arrive (in relation to the signups)?
Signups start at 1pm but I'm recommending people get there for 12!

Who's doing the Brawl seeding cuz me and blaze think that we're gonna be put in some stupid *** hard pools lool

I'm not asking to be seeded with all the high level players eg jmiller pafos etc cuz i aint played against them in a while but i aint as **** as some of the other guys and hopefully people who've played me sort of recently eg CRZ and GP can back me up on that

How many people get thru per pool anyway?

:phone:
There is going to be 10 pools, top 3 get through. Would have done [11 pools top 4 go through and the top 4 from amateur bracket take up the 4 slots left creating a 48 man bracket] but I doubt we will have enough time to do that.

Also Anaky will be doing seeding, plus a little help from Hoe4u and CRZ maybe. I will also be checking it to make sure people are separated evenly (don't really want to have all the M and M gamers in the same pool. And I don't want to have two Europeans from the same country to be in the same pool either)

Top Bottom