• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks for the advice everoyone on the seeding problems, I'm still a little bit new to the whole system of it and I understand the flaws which everyone pointed out in it.
Should have fully trained myself on it but I have been focusing more on promoting and also working out new ways to bring interest to our tournament plus ways to make the tourn itself run smoother...

Everything on the day will undoubtedly run fine though and I will be hurting people's feelings by winning this tournament :bee:

:phone:

monty06

Smash Ace
whats the expected number of melee players going to be in singles. with rough estimates it be alot easier to work out pool size and quantity's to work out seeds and bracket size.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
whats the expected number of melee players going to be in singles. with rough estimates it be alot easier to work out pool size and quantity's to work out seeds and bracket size.
Would be difficult to work out exactly, but turnout is expected to be close to equal between Brawl and Melee, with slightly higher for brawl, and so as a guess would probably be 50-60 people for Melee singles. Therefore 5 or 6 people per pool if 10 pools and this turnout is accurate.

This could be made clearer by changing the colour of peoples names in the first post if you know they are playing Melee or Brawl or both eg. red = melee, blue = brawl, purple = both.

monty06

Smash Ace
yeah thats what i expected. i know ud never get clear number till the day cos u get people turn up u didnt expect and other flake and dont show. 10 pools of 6 with top 3 through cuts numbers in half for the amateur bracket with top 2 of that to make 32 man bracket.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I still need a good partner for Brawl doubles !
My MK is OK.
I might be able to help out since I am going with 2 other people, we still need to sort out the teams, I main Wario btw. I can't say I have a lot of team experience but I am getting more used to it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just a reminder

HOUSING

If you still need housing and haven't sent Me or Alpha Dash a PM then please do so!!!

If you have already then don't worry about it, your housing is currently being sorted out and will be very soon.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Crews Battles for this tournament will be fun since it will be a mixure of people from different country and will all be decided by placing...

Whatever team im on is auto-win...so everyone just hope to be on my team and you will prosper in everything.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
MINOR BAD NEWS GUYS!!!:(

The venue owner of OoC is being a dick and deciding to raise the venue fee from his original price and I have a good feeling it's a certain person who is influencing him cos he is salty about us doing this event and not involving him (some of you people know who im referring to) even though he's got nothing to do with our event, but I know he doesn't like us doing it

So the venue fee will be £7 which is only £2 more but helps pay it off A LOT better.

Don't be upset, most other venues we go to we pay £10.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No big deal as long as we get internet!

PPro you should inform them of the livestream rules =]

VA

Smash Hero
MINOR BAD NEWS GUYS!!!:(

The venue owner of OoC is being a dick and deciding to raise the venue fee from his original price and I have a good feeling it's a certain person who is influencing him cos he is salty about us doing this event and not involving him (some of you people know who im referring to) even though he's got nothing to do with our event, but I know he doesn't like us doing it

So the venue fee will be £7 which is only £2 more but helps pay it off A LOT better.

Don't be upset, most other venues we go to we pay £10.
Who is it?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey guys :)

Not sure how much of you lot are aware but WE WILL BE HAVING PEEF'S LEGENDARY AND MOST POPULAR SMASH STREAM AT THIS TOURNAMENT

Just so everyone knows there will be a few rules and which must be enforced with the LiveStream.

1. The best Matchups from EVERY pool will be played on the stream and will be pre-determined on the day

2. We are willing to kick people off the stream at anytime for reasons which we feel don't match the 1st point, PLEASE do not take this personally.

3. The vast majority of the top players friendlies will be played on the LiveStream

4. The use of the LiveStream will be VERY STRICT as we will be trying to get the best Matchups throughout the day on the stream and entertaining the people who are watching, there will be no slacking and do not constantly ask to be put on the LiveStream please.

This event will be hype overall and just want to say Thank You to PEEF for lending us his amazing equipment and stream :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I will tell you guys IRL or PM or Facebook lol, but not on here because his Henchmen will run back and tell him and I dont want this event being affected in anyway, I will say it as much as I want after the event though.

And the LiveStream is going to be HYPE :D

And let's not forget my 1st place or 2nd (2nd only to Fuzzy) being guaranteed at this tournament HYPE!!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't think I can bring myself to stream Brawl. I MIGHT if I had a ton of viewers, but someone else should probably plan to stream it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm gonna enjoy having my Grand Finals match being streamed.

Also PEEF thanks a ton for offering the livestream. :3

Jolteon

Oh, what you sayin' boy? Just for that I'm gonna make a journey into loser's bracket to take you out extra early.

Jolteon

You better be, and I'm taking down Fuzzyness and Professor Poo also.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to help out since I am going with 2 other people, we still need to sort out the teams, I main Wario btw. I can't say I have a lot of team experience but I am getting more used to it.
Thanks that's nice !
I suggest we play some games first to see how things go :)

I'm not closed to other offers in parallel tho :D

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
I don't think I can bring myself to stream Brawl. I MIGHT if I had a ton of viewers, but someone else should probably plan to stream it.
HAHAHA Just earned alot of respect right there son.

BTW MM?

I use samus, so its kind of a nice matchup.

Hope your not scared, bet you've played better samus players than me =p

PEEF!

Smash Hero
HAHAHA Just earned alot of respect right there son.

BTW MM?

I use samus, so its kind of a nice matchup.

Hope your not scared, bet you've played better samus players than me =p
ICs samus is not a nice matchup but ill mm, sure =]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So PEEF, where have you placed in some American events and also have you beat any reputable names, just curious, also I actually really look forward to playing you as I am like one of the only people in the UK who is a fan of the IC's MU thanks to Alpha Dash :bee:

Also (which will be to your pleasure) wobbling is allowed this tournament :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
:O VA playing Samus again...
Dat old school character

Also guys, do you think we should do...

UK vs Internationals Crew Battle

Or

Crew Battle determined by tournament placing

??????

rustediron

Smash Lord
also I wouldn't mind streaming brawl, but only if someone figures out a way of doing it without compromising the melee stream (I cba to deal with problems like conflicting capture cards, encoding problems, having to place my setup in between a brawl and a melee setup)

L-J

Smash Ace
I'd probs rather see a UK vs internationals crew battle, with the places in each crew decided predominantly by placings - i.e. the top 8 or w/e UK players from singles placings against the top 8 internationals (which I guess would be pretty much all of them). A mixed crew match done just by placings may be slightly more even but I can't imagine it being as hype.

Top Bottom