• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[LoLiS] Legacy of Legends in Smash I - Ann Arbor, MI

WOMBO_COMBO

Smash Rookie
dogma- our set sucked lol sds are no fun but nice job
m2k- i think you are a robot
ally- dont bring a cheer section next time ;)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, time for some real shoutouts.

Brutos: Might want to make up your mind on who you play first, but keep at it.

MadKing: Closer is not close enough.

Renegade: Ridiculously good Ike, man. I still don't think I should've gone Marth for game 2, but good **** regardless. Really fun set in doubles, too. Hoping to be able to play you again sometime.

Sliq: Fun games, awesome Bowser. Thanks for teaming with me in Melee, you definitely did like 80% of the work while I just mashed A and down-C to keep the other guy busy, haha. Good **** on beating Tink!

L Cancel: Nice Olimar, I promise I'll play you seriously next time. ^_^;;

Dope: Holy ****, how are you still so good at this game?

Junglefever: Sure, just make it out to Ann Arbor sometime and I'll get in some games with you.

Brainjack: Thanks for the big TV, and you and Bot had one of the best team names there lol. Too good.

Botulismnator: Good **** on making brackets. Also, it was hilarious watching M2K "test his controllers" on you, haha.

Mikey Lenetia: Apparently Mikey's Peach doesn't care about distance, time, or which game it is when it comes to cutting a swath of destruction and hearts. Thanks for teaming with me in Brawl doubles, it was really really fun! Most of the time I was just hitting other people when you tossed them in my direction and I guess it really showed when you got every single KO in that game. XD Our team combos were so good! Our doubles set in Melee was great fun too. Congratulations on making top 8 in both Melee and Brawl!

SCOTU: No, the other button. The first one is wrong.

1der: Thanks for making it all the way here!

Juggleguy: Great work on, like, everything. Bringing a huge TV and setup, recording Melee, doing commentary, everything. Keep it up. :V

Shaeden: Good **** in singles, and **** you for teaming with a Falco, haha. Team Second Place didn't quite make it to second, though. : (

Velynn: You're gonna have to explain your new name to me sometime. Your Jiggs is still ****, though. ****ing ridiculous performance in doubles.

Bigy: BIGY! This must've been a hell of a trip for you to make, coming from west MI between workdays. Your Falcon is stupidly good and you know way too much about Rainbow Cruise. Also, amazing stuff in doubles. Hope I'll see you and the rest of Ballrest crew again.

Tink and Kels: Was really funny talking with you guys, also really funny seeing your reactions when I told you M2K was coming to this. Nice work in both singles and doubles.

Omniswell: Tripping into a fair, lol. Random number generator hates you too **** much.

Mew2King: Thanks for coming! Hope you figure stuff out with your controller problem.

Hot_ArmS: I knew that you were around, but other than Brawl doubles and seeing you play some friendlies before we all had to pack up and leave the venue, I like, didn't see you at all. I guess this is the closest you can get to Hotarmsing out of a tournament that takes place in the basement of the building you're living in.

SamuraiPanda: Good to see you again. I'm hoping med school isn't ****** you too hard.

Everyone else: Thanks for coming to this tourney and helping to make it as big and awesome as it was.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I don't know where my mind was at that tournament. Looking back at it it seems like a blur. Normally I try to think about my losses and learn something from it, but I don't even remember really how I lost. I feel like I just got brick-walled and I was to stupid to mix up my play.

Meh anyways shouts.

jkbuk jcav and dogma- glad to see you guys again. I hope you keep coming out.

lcancel- good set...again lol. The ic's were definitely unexpected. You had me worried after you took game 2. Great set man.

boxxy- close games all the way through. That set could of went either way. GGs.

goddy- sorry I sucked it up in teams lol. I don't know where my head was at. You were doing really good in doubles. I mostly blame myself for us losing.

panda- I was glad I finally got to play you. But I swear I'm better than I played in that set lol. I just wasn't thinking intelligently at all during that set. You straight up owned me though gg.

notra- solid falco for sure ggs. First game was way too dirty with the sds and gimps lol. Second game was way too close =(. Let me know if you ever having a smashfest.

Scotu/ankoku- Thanks for running. Get permission for the space you are using next time lol. More set-ups would also have made things a lot better, not that it was really up to you guys who brought stuff though. I like the hybrid stage strike. It's like the best of both worlds.

m2k/ally- watching you guys play is really fun.

24 man brackets might be a better idea. I'm not sure yet. I'll think about it a little more than maybe post again about it in the tourney thread, if it's even up for discussion.

I guess I learned this tournament that I'm pretty consistent. I've gotten around 7-9th place my last 3 or 4 tournaments. I feel like I don't really play enough to get better, so I keep placing the same. Idk, i'd like to get better. Maybe I'll start playing more, or get my wifi setup again.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i joined before inui and i dont think he should be talking about melee either, so you guys are ok saying so

brawl mk>melee fox

alphaJA

Smash Rookie
join date is so irrelevant, back up your talk with facts. niether mango nor m2k nor armada main fox, not a single fox main placed top 8 at genesis. this was a 36 man tournament and you're using the results from this to make blanket statements about a game.

this is markloo on a friend's account

Sliq

Smash Master
No

Fox is a superior character.
Fox is not a superior character. The game engine's are different. MK dominates Brawl because he has all of the right tools and none of the wrong ones. Some of Fox's advantages are disadvantages, as well, such as fast falling. This allows him to be crazy fast, but he also get's combo'd to hell and back, not to mention he doesn't have 6 jumps and 4 recovery specials (i.e. he get's gimped).

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Fox is not a superior character. The game engine's are different. MK dominates Brawl because he has all of the right tools and none of the wrong ones. Some of Fox's advantages are disadvantages, as well, such as fast falling. This allows him to be crazy fast, but he also get's combo'd to hell and back, not to mention he doesn't have 6 jumps and 4 recovery specials (i.e. he get's gimped).
He's still superior in my eyes, but melee players will never agree with it so whatever.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont see how you would know anything about it if you dont even consider yourself a melee player

foxes never win major tournaments, ever. in 8 years of this game being played, i dont believe its ever happened

so there really isnt even a reason to assume fox is broken, unless you just watch superdoodleman's videos instead of real matches

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i dont see how you would know anything about it if you dont even consider yourself a melee player
I consider myself mostly a brawl player, but I do think of myself as decent at melee.

foxes never win major tournaments, ever. in 8 years of this game being played, i dont believe its ever happened
You do have a point.

so there really isnt even a reason to assume fox is broken, unless you just watch superdoodleman's videos instead of real matches
No, I'm not using that as an example. I think all Fox's just don't play correctly the whole match to win. aka laser camp for 8 minutes. Again this is my opinion and you did bring up a valid point but I still think Fox if played correctly is superior to Metaknight.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I asked the Melee boards for tournament videos of Fox camping slower characters and it seems to only happen against Peach. By that I mean, among the viable characters, Peach seemed to be the only one truly affected by fox's extreme camping. Lower tier characters would lose horribly I'm sure.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
PC won OC3 using fox iirc, but it's the only counterexample I can think of.

And guys, lets try to avoid debating things about MK and Fox. This isn't really the place for it. In fact, there really isn't a place for it, because it holds no relevance to anything.

Sliq

Smash Master
I consider myself mostly a brawl player, but I do think of myself as decent at melee.

You do have a point.

No, I'm not using that as an example. I think all Fox's just don't play correctly the whole match to win. aka laser camp for 8 minutes. Again this is my opinion and you did bring up a valid point but I still think Fox if played correctly is superior to Metaknight.
It's a shame that Fox's have been playing their main incorrectly for these past 6+ years.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i joined before inui and i dont think he should be talking about melee either, so you guys are ok saying so

brawl mk>melee fox
I'd rather fight an entire bracket of MKs than a single Fox that has good tech skill. :) Melee results these days are full of Fox and every time I enter a Melee tournament I fight 6,000 Fox players. Look at the Melee results here.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd rather fight Fox than MK, because it would (usually) mean I'm playing the game I like more. Also, it was funny that out of the entire top 8, practically everyone switched off of Fox with the exception of Tink and Kels.

But seriously, quit the arguing. This is a results/shoutouts thread, not an "Inui wants to talk about Meta Knight and how he isn't broken" thread.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....ummm...genesis? the biggest tourny in this new smash era.....how many fox mains in the top 8?

oh, and lollll....mk isnt better then fox? LOLLL what was that MK technique that got banned again because it was making noobs that play the game win? LOLLL because if your playing brawl to its potential, you would be planking for 8 min....but no, your right, fox has disadvantages in melee, while MK has none in brawl....i can see how fox is far superior -_-.

shout-outs to come!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
alright time for some shout outs

JBird - Im sry man, but i gotta use what i got. play some more marth. decent falco tho
Goblin - some gg's keep workin at it
goddy - gg's
M2K - im catching on to you lol. gg's
crash - sry i sucked rly bad in my very first set, and i never played a sonic tbh but gg's
JSan - was an amazing set rly close too. add me as friend so we can talk more
omniiswell - nice playing you and talking to you yet again. thanks for the advice they are well noted and gg's
SamuraiPanda - well im getting better, i rarely ever play snake but when it comes down to playing them id rather only play you.
saucebauce - your diddy is too good, and you ran that couch 10 games before the tourney started lol
carl - you gotta play more

all in all i had a great time, maybe ill bring my setup if the venue gets waved. i would prolly like a 24 bracket too, although i loved pools a lot.

hopefully see you all next week

JCav

Smash Lord
1: Ally your good
2: Mew2King your good too, got to meet you, cool.
3: Ding great job man!
4: Omniswell same to you, awesome stuff
5: Notra man your getting good fast, definitely deserves some respect
5: SamuraiPanda didnt really talk to
7: Mikey Lenetia always fun
7: The Sauce Boss stick with diddy, glad to see you again, you were better than me in that set
9: REN (Renegade) your ike totally took me by suprise, well played set
9: Coco
9: Boxy ddd lol, id like to play your snake one day
9: Dogma good job
13: L Cancel the pleasure is all mine
13: WTP
13: JCav
13: Jbird
=== Pools Cutoff ===
17: Jsan
17: Ori cool guy
17: Ankoku thanks for having this! great time!
17: Valban
17: BW
17: JKBUK
17: Ham Enterprises cool controller
17: IrisKong
25: Goddy
25: FZK
25: Sliq
25: Dope
25: SoiGreg
25: Writer
25: Arc man, well have to mm next time, sorry about the car :/
25: Xatic
33: Goblin
33: TDog
33: MadKing
33: Demp
33: Seri
33: The Kick Man
33: Llama
33: Body
41: Crash
41: Dayton
41: Brutos
41: Sauce

-Coco-

Smash Ace
whos this Olimar placing 9th!!! lawl jk <3 you guys great tourney

Ally: Good seeing you again good job on the singles win
L_cancel: No dittos FTW!
Madking: work on dat Olimar otherwise nice meeting ya!
ORI_bro: COOL ORI BRO nice seeing you again XD
Tain: nice seeing you again but YOU SO DID THE AWESOME FACE
Boxxy: We did good as a team try not to sweat the whole m2k thing ^_^
Omniswell: Nice seeing ya again lol
M2k: ggs in doubles too bad I didnt get to play you in singles lol

Notra

Smash Ace
Ill finally stop being lazy...shoutout time

1: Ally always great to see u and No! U guys add alot of life to the room
2: M2K ur so good and make so little mistakes, it makes me almost want to quit brawl
3: Ding its awesome to see u always progressing. can wait to see u in the future
4: Omniswell u r funny, didnt play ur usual awesome. but ur still funny as **** and sweet as hell
5: Notra Too Much Falco
5: SamuraiPanda I heart the krillin shirt.
7: Mikey Lenetia great matches. i hate how peach is a char falco can only beat w/ intense camping. but i did what i had to do.
7: The Sauce Boss amazing diddy. u have amazing gimp skills, were i not falco. i wouldve been tripping all day. ggs and ill def tell u about those smashfests. and teamsies next time?
9: REN (Renegade) sick Ike. Ur a rly funny guy, and liven up the room
9: Coco good oli :D
9: Boxy nice to see u alwasy doing better
9: Dogma w00t for getting up there, ur marth is still sick and sharp
13: L Cancel still love ur oli. alwasy fun to see u
13: WTP amazing kirby, great friendly
13: JCav nice to see u moving up too
13: Jbird gj at first tourney. but john less. mistakes happen. an SD is lack of control. minus the johns before ppl ignore u from being annoying
=== Pools Cutoff ===
17: Ori wow, play meta. ur meta is some much better
17: Ankoku ty for hosting. and still a sweet shiek
17: JKBUK
17: Ham Enterprises me gusta tu falco
17: IrisKong Bring him back bro, we need more falco
25: FZK great Diddy, sry i play falco :(
25: Sliq
25: Dope
25: Arc i dont see how u dont do better. ur pit is so good..... itll come soon
25: Xatic
33: TDogggs
33: Demp still a sick DK
33: Body
41: Dayton ggs

alcoady

Smash Ace
well that was a fun tourney

lemme get some shoutouts i guess

Scotu: gettin good man, keeps that shiznit up
Ankoku: the tourney was great, i'll try to make the next one. THATNNKS!
Juggleguy: falcon's pretty beast man, thanks for the recording
Kels: GODDAM you love getting stomped into lava :D
Tink: you suck and the next time we play i'm gunna **** this **** out of you.....but good **** on the boat, thought i would win for sure
M2k: You know you loved getting comboed by me on floats :D other than that nothing out of the ordinary
Dope: Our teams matches were so close, we'll have to rematch sometime
Trail: Awesome playing you in friendlies and in the bra......wait
Mikey: Nice to see you again, your peach is beast
vidjo: friendlies next time, but fun chillin' w/ ya for a bit

if i forgot anyone, my bad

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Oh, right, I knew I forgot something. XD

Lesse... shoutouts.

1: Ally - I'm so glad you and Bre were able to come! That makes me really happy, and you two are too cute together. Come back again soon!
2: M2K - It's always a pleasure to see you, and this time I got to play against you in teams. Which was hilarious! We need to do it again sometime.

vidjo - FINALLY got to see you again. It was too long! And sorry we didn't get to play much. Hopefully next time we can make up for lost time.
Dope - It's been too long since I saw you, too. Let's face it, it's been too long with everyone involved in the Melee days. We need to have a smashfest sometime and catch up a bit, and hopefully you can say hi to Justin if you see him before me.
Tink - Wow, here's a guy I didn't think I'd see again in a long time. You are still as hilarious as ever, and talented, too. Thanks for bringing Kels, who I'm glad to have finally met, and I'm glad you're at least in a better living situation. See you two again soon.

3: Ding - Good job on getting so far! Next time, though, be careful. If When we face each other again, I hope to get a win from you rather than the stupid close set we had(which was so much fun). ^_^
4: Omniswell - Still got far, but next time I hope to be the one facing you. Keep up the good work!
5: Notra - Next time, Notra. Next time, I will catch you. Great experience for me, though, so thanks!
5: SamuraiPanda - Much love and stuff. Hope to see you again in the future.
7: Mikey Lenetia - Blah!
7: The Sauce Boss - Didn't get to play you, but it's always good to see you! ^_^
9: REN (Renegade) - We had such a fun set! I was a bit disappointed when you changed from Ike, but eh. It's still all fun and games to me. Hope to see and talk to you soon.
9: Coco
9: Boxy
9: Dogma - Gah, I didn't really see you there! This makes me sad. We'll make up for it next time.
13: L Cancel - Second time we went to the same tournament, second time we faced? There's a conspiracy here.... Oh well! Good to have seen you again, and hope to do so again soon, too.
13: WTP - Nice job getting into the bracket! Now it's time to start moving up. ^_^
13: JCav - Good to have seen you and JK, too! We should find a place to do smashfests. That'd be nice.
13: Jbird
=== Pools Cutoff ===
17: Ori
17: Ankoku - Shouldn't be down here! Oh well, it happens. Teams were SO much fun, and I can't wait to do it again. We seem to make a much better Brawl team than we do in Melee... XD

SCOTU - Teams were fun for me, though I'm sorry I was messing up so much. What can I say? I need to get rid of more rust. And no worries, you're still awesome and you and Tony are amazing for TOing this. ^_^
Shaeden - Thank you so much for the compliment, but I'm not that good. You, on the other hand, are, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Keep it up!
Bigy - I was sooooo happy to see you again! You're looking good, and so is your Falcon, so that's all I was hoping for in two fell swoops. Hope to see you again!
Velynn - Stop changing your name. Seriously. Or I'm just going to call you chameleon. :p

17: JKBUK - It was soooo good to see you again, but I wish you could have made it into the brackets. Oh well. I hope to see you again soon!
17: Ham Enterprises
17: IrisKong - I sowwy we had to face in our pool. You know I still <3 you, ne? Good! It just makes me feel like I owe you another hug.
25: FZK
25: Sliq - Yay, you! I didn't think I'd see you again, so this makes me super happy that you came around. Though, sorry I had to be the source of such apparent anger, as Omni was telling me later. What can I say? Shenanigans happen around me.
25: Dope - Wait your turn!
25: Arc - Again I didn't get to talk to you or face you. Darn... Maybe next time?
25: Xatic - Our pool matches were fun! Sorry for the Rainbow Cruise antics, by the way. But I still enjoyed the matches and whatnot!
33: TDogggs
33: Demp
33: Body - I meant what I said and said what I meant. Don't give up, and keep on coming back. You'll be surprised how much better you can get with tournament experience and lots of friendlies. ^_^
41: Dayton ggs

Moose - Don't worry about what happened, dude. We talked, we understand each other, and I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you and having fun in our next matches. Keep on improving like you've been and you'll be a REALLY big force to reckon with.

Aaaaand I can't remember anyone else at the moment. Phooey. PM me or reply to remind me if I forgot ya and I'll edit you back on or give you your own in a post. Much respect and such for all!

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
Moose - Don't worry about what happened, dude. We talked, we understand each other, and I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you and having fun in our next matches. Keep on improving like you've been and you'll be a REALLY big force to reckon with.
This makes me happy in many ways =)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Mikey, Teach me brawl peach next time around if we get a chance.

I've been trying for like a month but I need to like..play

Top Bottom