• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Locked and Closed] Pocket Monsters Incorporated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna guess that Mewter's gonna try to use the CPS pokemon that have been made and create stats/movelists/etc. for ones that could be competitevly useful. Sure, it might be a lot of work but if enough people join, it won't seem as much.

As for why I'm guessing this, probably because Mewter referred to Firus as Firusthehedgehog which was his username during the good ol' days of the shop.
This is why I suspected that this had to do with spriting

M.K

Level 55
Okay, never mind, I did know what it was. I just confused by the hint for a second.

@Gates, it's not a spriting thread.

@People saying it's for SmashCAP 3, why would he make a big deal out of that? There have been 2 SmashCAPs before...
Can you fill me in ;_;
I hope it's not Mewter's hitlis-OH, I hope it's a list of people to send entire cheesecakes to.
<3 Thanks Mewter!!!!!

*takes cheesecake*

*wanders*

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Cmon already

It's been up for about 3 days and we've gone through 1 page (with 40pp) already

Can we please get to the point of this thread?

Mewter

Smash Master
You guys are so impatient. :p

The answer is no. If you don't want this thread to be so full of spam, then stop posting it.

Hint:
"Zook Always Wins"

The real announcement of the thread's purpose is really close. Just give it a little more time.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Everyone he's mentioned so far are Pokemon Masters.

There's already a spriting thread and even if there wasn't why would one be in the Lab.
Everyone he's mentioned so far was a member of the CPS. Actually, Meta-Kirby and Firus were two of the most active members of the CPS (and iirc, were also the main two arguers when it came to that case about...Cressy I believe?). Along with that, this is Mewter who's making the thread. I can only imagine that it would have to do with spriting in SOME form.

Unless of course it was a PC debate thread or something. I guess that could be cool, but something tells me this isn't that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
An interview perhaps since the last one had Zook?

Or maybe it's SmashCAP related having to do with the new type because I forget which one, but it was supposed to be the "Zook Pokemon"

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
>_> Why must everyone bring up the bad parts of the CPS first.
Well I only saw him mention you and Firus, and when I think of the two of you together while also thinking of the CPS, I think of the argument. :\

And I'm pretty sure it's also rather typical for people to recall tragedy more often than they recall good fortune. Either that or it's just me. I don't know.

And Roacherman, IT IS NOT SMASHCAP RELATED.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
(and iirc, were also the main two arguers when it came to that case about...Cressy I believe?)
That was a big argument, but it was ONE argument.

>_> Why must everyone bring up the bad parts of the CPS first.

Oh and, I won that.

^_^
Considering the result of that argument I don't think anyone won.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
That was a big argument, but it was ONE argument.

Considering the result of that argument I don't think anyone won.
Well yeah, it was. I was just kinda too lazy to go back and check to see who all argued in it. I just remembered you two were the big ones for it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Zook won that argument without even arguing. He just happened to win it a LONG time after the actual time of the argument itself.

If you get what I mean.

Oh hey, "Zook always wins". A new CPS thread maybe? I wouldn't know why another one would sprout up now, but so far that's what everything is linking to.

Or maybe...make stat spreads for created CPS Pokemon? That would be mad fun. I don't think that's right, but it would be amazing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait a sec, why does it say video game below the picture?

Are we making a video game?

Pocket Monsters, Video game, sprites

I like where this is going

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
what exactly was this argument?
At some point we banned Cresselia requests because we didn't want to work with Cresselia as it's a failed jelly croissant and doesn't have much to work with.

I'd link you but it was incredibly embarrassing.

Aha, the first reveal. :p

Pocket Monsters is revived again?

I thought Spire disallowed sprite shops?

(just pointing that out)
Pocket Monsters Inc. is the current sprite thread. The Custom Pokémon Shop was the sprite shop.

And Spire didn't disallow sprite shops.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
At some point we banned Cresselia requests because we didn't want to work with Cresselia as it's a failed jelly croissant and doesn't have much to work with.

I'd link you but it was incredibly embarrassing.

Aha, the first reveal. :p

Pocket Monsters Inc. is the current sprite thread. The Custom Pokémon Shop was the sprite shop.

And Spire didn't disallow sprite shops.
You got me there

But why the bloody hell does it say video game below the picture

I still like where this is going

*goes off to look for the argument buried deep inside Pocket Monsters*

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But why the bloody hell does it say video game below the picture
Because it's a video game. :p

*goes off to look for the argument buried deep inside Pocket Monsters*
Gack, don't look for it...

Well, if you MUST, just keep in mind that I was having a bad day and I was tired and when people kept talking about it after I said to wait until I'd had a chance to work with Cresselia some, I kept getting angrier.

In retrospect I should've just shut up instead of telling people to wait again and again.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ohhhhh

I can't wait for the level till I get to argue with Firus!

I can't wait for the level where I make my big debut with this:

:p

Mewter

Smash Master
Just, whatever you do, do not expect too much from this game yet.
A lot of the spriting work will have been done by the spriters of the shop (the title in that screenie being made by Firus,) and I'm still in the process of databasing the game along with some other details, so it will be a while before anything playable is set up.

So, if you guys have any suggestions or comments, just be sure to post the here and they'll be looked at. In the mean time, you guys can follow its progress and hopefully it will turn out to be a very fun game. :)

Also, roacherman, do I have your permission to include your sprites in the game?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So let me see:

We're making a video game with sprites done by users?

Would that be users from the original shop like Firus or will could it be users from now as well like charmander?

Mewter

Smash Master
They can be from really anyone that's posted sprites in the past (or even now.) It doesn't matter, as long as the sprites have acceptable enough quality. :)
So yeah, you, Charmander and everyone else in the PC can have their sprites in the game.

But now's not a good time. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
They can be from really anyone that's posted sprites in the past (or even now.) It doesn't matter, as long as the sprites have acceptable enough quality. :)
So yeah, you, Charmander and everyone else in the PC can have their sprites in the game.

But now's not a good time. :laugh:
As long as I at least get one >_>

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well I don't care if now is a good time or not, I'm requesting one.

If this doesn't make it in I'm going to cry.

...so long as Zook gave his permission, of course.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon

This better make it:

btw, is this like a hack like that hack in emerald where you use the girls to fight

or is this an entirely new game like the safari game one that was posted a few weeks ago?

Mewter

Smash Master
This game will be built from the ground up.

So yeah, like the safari game that Chibo created. :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
So...I'm sort of right about this? Cool. By the way, the following sprite has to be in this. It's one of the best sprites to come from the shop.

Arakad. (AKA: Robo-Mewtwo)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think that's the idea, though, Tery.

I believe Mewter said he's making it using RPG Maker.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jigglyoclefairyman icon makes me happy.

I feel like it might be easier to hack Fire Red to do this, but I'm not sure what this is, so whatever.

Mewter

Smash Master
You won't be able to capture Pokemon right now. I'm not even sure how you would set that up yet. I'm using RPG Maker VX, and there's not a Pokemon set that emulates Pokemon games. If that does happen, then it'll have to be evented.

Plus, if we wanted to play a Pokemon game with these sprites in it, we could just get a computer hack and work with that or just practically play a normal Pokemon game. :)

Edit: Do NOT expect this to be very much like any Pokemon games you've played. There'll be lots of elements from them, of course. :D
It's still a WIP though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We definitely have enough, I know my sprites alone have exceeded 300 (maybe even 400 at this point, who knows).

However, I think for now a completely new game would be cool to try (as awesome as it would be to have Hoenn with our custom Pokémon). ROMhacks have been done before a million times over.

I'm sure Mewter will handle it. ;)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We definitely have enough, I know my sprites alone have exceeded 300.

However, I think for now a completely new game would be cool to try (as awesome as it would be to have Hoenn with our custom Pokémon). ROMhacks have been done before a million times over.

I'm sure Mewter will handle it. ;)
Yeah, but do they have the awesome sprites dozens of spriters have contributed?

I think not

I'm just afraid that it'll come out like Chibo's Safari Zone game

Not to say it was bad, but... it was good ok, but what I meant is that something totally not black and white and stuff like that

You get my drift right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom