• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
ALL RIGHTY IM BACK!!! ITS UPDATE TIME!! All these awesome character mods are looking great ya'll. Keep it up.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Umm...I dont think it really needed another thread tho lool. And thanks for taking care of the the character submissions man. I owe ya one.
sorry, i made a new thread for mine because it is a whole project, and i am updating it constantly, and asking for feedback and suggestions.

that is essentially why i needed a whole new thread.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
sorry, i made a new thread for mine because it is a whole project, and i am updating it constantly, and asking for feedback and suggestions.

that is essentially why i needed a whole new thread.
Meh its ok I guess. Once he's completely done make sure to throw him in here.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm sorry if I came off as a know it all, I definitely appreciate the input as it definitely helps us keep an eye on the finer points of the character. let it never seem like I dont want or appreciate the support.

Ike may have a good jab combo, but does he have the kill ability Ragna does? Brute power may be one thing, but Ragna has that AND speed.
Ike's kill power in the air is going to dwarf ragna's, that's for sure. On the ground and in specific situations he definitely has more going for him than ike does, that much is obvious. After kirk play tested ike the summary is that the tipper is worth keeping due to how ridiculously uncommon hitting with the tipper of such a large blade is. However due to the speed of the move, the knockback of his blade is being reduced to make it a reliable killer at 130 but not at the 100 or so it tends to kill at now.

The problem I see is not in the amount of damage it deals. The thing that worries me is the speed and range of the move on top of how much damage it deals. It looks like it can beat or tie with a lot of moves. In other words it seems like it can stop a lot of approaches while also dealing a very good amount of damage.
After playtesting it was found that the problem was actually a combination of both. The move hits way too hard for how fast it is. As a result, his iasa on up tilt is being raised and the knockback reduced.

20 frames for a smash is not slow by any means. Also, Marth mains can tell you just how easy it is to tip with attacks. Also, I'm not worried about the KB at 0% I'm worried about when Ragna has his opponent at 70%.
If he tips you at 70, the move is meant to flat out kill you, it's designed to work that way.

The thing that worries me about the upsmash is 2:48 of the part 3 video. It was able to kill Marth at 100%. While I understand that his current upsmash is significantly harder to hit with than Ike's I don't think it deserves THAT much of knockback buff.
As mentioned the up smash was visibly way way way too strong even before playtesting. It got nerfed but was nerfed too much, we're in the process of finding a happy mediumm it;s probably going to kill uncharged at around 125 now. Most of ragna's kills are going to be in the 130ish range.

I didn't mean to sound as if you guys didn't know what you're doing. I'm very sure you guys have an idea of how to balance him. All I was doing was voicing some concern about some things that I feel are too good. The jab combo in itself is not what I'm fussing over, nor am I going to tell you to make attacks weaker by 1%. What worries me is that ALL of Ragna's abilities combined seems too good. Good damage racking ability, good speed on his attacks, and reliable killers.

These observations are all based off of the demonstration videos so they are really nothing but theory. I am merely pointing them out because I worry that if left untouched these factors might keep the final product from getting the attention that it deserves.
Again it is appreciated. After kirk finishes his downsmash and the current tweaks we may pre-release a test demo for people to see whether or not he's out of line. The goal is to balance him within reason (see: High tier potential) with the rest of the cast so the input is definitely appreciated.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Someone really needs to record a video of four EPIC falcons (the broken huge ranged one) fighting each other in a 99-stock match. :D

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
@Black Knight: He feels a bit unfinished :S

I dont like his Uptilt, it looks too weird. Also his Dair is a little bit strange.

His neutral B is **** hot, but it should be interruptable in the first charge and also it really shouldnt take THAT long. (Well its sure that such a strong move will need its time, but now that much :p). What also would be cool (if possible) if it would be like the DK Punch. You can walk/run/etc. around after one charge ^^

That were some things I realized.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what other option I have to replace Utilt; maybe some sort of upward throwing motion? And yeah I plan on changing his Dair to something less weird.

I think because of the massive reward you get from his B, the timing is fine. I don't think Black Knight is really the kind of guy who would have a move like DK's Punch. Besides, you can't really continue the taunt somewhere else from some certain frame in the animation. That'd look weird :/

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
WIP Electric Kirby

Like the title says, its an early prototype of a Kirby character I wanted to make called Electric Kirby.

Since it is kinda like an abandoned project, feel free to edit it to any way you see fit.

In Brawl and Brawl +, Kirby had a combo where he would do D-air then F smash. It was terribly broken. With this character, it is effectively eliminated.

Changes:
Since I made this character before I found out how to change the flags that change element types, all of his moves still do normal damage.
Some attacks have the electric graphic effect.
F smash animation changed to D-air animation for cool factor and to eliminate broken combo.
D-air now does more damage and has a cool electric effect to it.
Running speed is now ridiculous.

|[::Download::]|
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hoi40mnotjt

Enjoy!

Kirk

Smash Champion
@Ryko-You always seem to beat me to replys!! Good stuff nonetheless lol.

@SonicBurst-Thank you. At the rate things are currently going, he won't be finished soon. I'm having trouble with a particular mechanic(Finding a way to make a condition on hit) and it's pretty vital to the rest of Ragna's moveset. As for Eruption, we have our own plans for that already, but thanks for the input.

@sffadsad-As Ryko said, your comments are most definitely appreciated. Just a simple misunderstanding it seems, so no worries about any of it. As Ryko said, after playtesting everything, Utilt was ridiculously broken...among a few other moves that needed tweaking. They shall be adjusted. :)

As always, the comments are much appreciated.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna repeat my Ike suggestion -

make one of his taunts a fake charge up for Quick Draw. It'll look exactly like he's about to shoot across the stage, but he just ends his taunt.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what other option I have to replace Utilt; maybe some sort of upward throwing motion? And yeah I plan on changing his Dair to something less weird.

I think because of the massive reward you get from his B, the timing is fine. I don't think Black Knight is really the kind of guy who would have a move like DK's Punch. Besides, you can't really continue the taunt somewhere else from some certain frame in the animation. That'd look weird :/
sorry for being too lazy to try it, but is this the black knight from Fire Emblem? Because there's a really amazing ganondorf texture fpr him and if you could use that with either a beamsword moveset or a always have sword code then I would give you my soul

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Updated my Dark Sonic, I was gonna put it out earlier, but smashboards was acting weird.... Anyways here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d5iydjyw0hz

Changes:
Dair spikes w/ wind effect <---(forgot to test the wind, too lazy and sleepy to check now)
Ftilt no longer pulls, it reflects and flips
Reduced knockback on tilts except up
Reduced knock back on 4th jab.

Still incomplete.

Comments. Enjoy.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna repeat my Ike suggestion -

make one of his taunts a fake charge up for Quick Draw. It'll look exactly like he's about to shoot across the stage, but he just ends his taunt.
This reminds me that I was going to swap one of Marth's taunts to his Critical Hit animation.

Too bad I'm still probably not going to do it... I feel like b'awww-ing in my own ear.

camelot

Smash Ace
Version 2 of Roy:

-Up-B, Blazer, hits up to 7 times for up to 14 damage. It's really hard to peg someone with all 7 hits, though, so it usually ends up doing 8-11 damage. Also has a new effect.
-Side-B, Double-Edge Dance, has been changed to mimic the one in Melee (although I still can't change the speeds). It even has some KO potential at higher %'s.
-You don't lose momentum from running if you dash-cancel a f-smash.
-D-smash tipper hitboxes fixed (have more knockback, different angle).
-U-air hitboxes last slightly longer.

(New Blazer effect.)

Download v2 (rename as FitMarth.pac): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mdgm2lq2mz

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
May I suggest that you use Marth's side smash animation as his shield breaker, for Roy? Just add effects and GFX and it will be great.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Nice man great job on the dark sonic. Hard to reflect though. haven't done it yet but still trying

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
lol, I give up, what is the catch for making sonic reflect? Does the projectile has to be touching him or some distance

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
lol, I give up, what is the catch for making sonic reflect? Does the projectile has to be touching him or some distance
bleh its hard to explain. It reflects at the body, I couldnt make it go out with the rest of the flip hitbox for some reason. but anyways, like I said it reflects at the body, and kinda happens in the middle of the attack so you have to initiate it earlier than you would any other reflects. It's so weird, all I really did to make the attack reflect was take the hit box from mario's cape. but it doesnt work just like it...:confused:

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
bleh its hard to explain. It reflects at the body, I couldnt make it go out with the rest of the flip hitbox for some reason. but anyways, like I said it reflects at the body, and kinda happens in the middle of the attack so you have to initiate it earlier than you would any other reflects. It's so weird, all I really did to make the attack reflect was take the hit box from mario's cape. but it doesnt work just like it...:confused:
n00bish question ahead:
How the hell did you copy and paste a characters hitbox?
Do tell, because in order to make my epic Drunk Luigi,
which is going to be the wackiest character EVAR SRSLY,
he's going to have random effects on EVERY move.

It will win.

Oh and also, can i get the values for status effects?
You know, so i can make him?

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
At the body? I thought it was the hand, hmmm. I'll give it a shot. Is there a way I can move the hitbox instead making it larger

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
At the body? I thought it was the hand, hmmm. I'll give it a shot. Is there a way I can move the hitbox instead making it larger
Change the X / Y / Z Offset (Z you dont really need xD set it to 0 ^^) and I give you the tip to set the Bone also to 0 (I think you should also make the Rotation to 0, but I'm not sure what it really does)

Btw. I will now re-try to change moves, I hope it works.

Otherwise it would be nice if someone could make a short tutorial.

For example Changing Pikachus Down-B Animation so that he does one of his taunts but still with the Lightning (Not sure which Taunt it is but there is one which would be very good for it). You should just list every step you do to do it. That would help me alot. Because every time I try it I get freezes XD

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Change the X / Y / Z Offset (Z you dont really need xD set it to 0 ^^) and I give you the tip to set the Bone also to 0 (I think you should also make the Rotation to 0, but I'm not sure what it really does)

Btw. I will now re-try to change moves, I hope it works.

Otherwise it would be nice if someone could make a short tutorial.

For example Changing Pikachus Down-B Animation so that he does one of his taunts but still with the Lightning (Not sure which Taunt it is but there is one which would be very good for it). You should just list every step you do to do it. That would help me alot. Because every time I try it I get freezes XD
Idk which collision is actually the the reflect one so and I dont wanna screw up the flip. + theres a defensive collision as well.

@ theUltimateMario uh to copy a hit box, just kinda open another character file then highlight whatever the hell you want then press that lil copy button at the bottom. then open your file again and paste it where ever you want o.o

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Btw I can now change Moves :)

Yay

I'm working on a pikachu now.

His Fair is already his Ftilt.

His Down-B has his uptaunt moving ansd spikes (But only if the thunder hits Pika, I'm searching for the thunder itself :S maybe someone knows it, thx)

And his Up-Smash is his Up-Air.

I will try to give Pika also the Thunder on his DSmash.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Jin Kisaragi Marth v0.1
-So far I only worked on his stances so he doesnt hold the sword until he's ready to swing, dodges or gets hurt.
-I'm currently working on the ice effects and sword sheathing transitions.

Shaolin Sheik v0.3
-I almost got a true chidori dash attack effect working just a lttle bit more
-I want her stance to be epic like the monks before her. So Im adding a wind effect under her feet.

I'll make a download link once they're ready.

just2good

Smash Cadet
Im still editing my Marth, heres a preview of one of his special attacks in Water/Electricty mode.

Lightning Blade!

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Im still editing my Marth, heres a preview of one of his special attacks in Water/Electricty mode.

Lightning Blade!

The Tales of series is awesome. I got that one right away.

Also, how the heck are you uploading these pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom