• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Anybody still want a ride to San Antonio. We are leaving Sat morning around 7:30 and were doing pick ups.

Call ANYTIME!!! to see whats up. 832 659 9561

TGM

Smash Lord
San Antonio report!!!!!!

we are at smiles for the night. i have lots-o-vids tonite.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NITE!!!!!!!! RoyR has beat smiles in every fight they have played. No one else can do this(although my matches with him are 1 stocks).

im going to sleep. ill update when possible. Good nite houston. I love you guys.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Wow, haven't been on here in a while.
Since Brawl is delayed, will there be another big tournament in February?
I'm probably going to TMEA, so I'll be in San Antonio in the middle of the month.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TGM said something about a possible tourney in March, which will probably be Brawl depending on when everyone's Spring Break is. I know mine is from Match 10-16, not including the weekends.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
well...I missed another tournament again. I've been pretty much waiting for brawl before getting back into the fray anyways. For anyone who plays today, make sure you kick some ***

TGM

Smash Lord
GOODMORNING HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the only one awake here at Smiles house........the tourney starts at about 12 and its already 11................horrible. Anyways, ill keep updating you guys when ever i can.......thats if the venue has wifi...OH and by the way, 1vs1 are today.

Here is a vid: Houstons Final Smash part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ADASb2tvJN0

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I need the money to get a car.... Im accepting money matches. Mog? Tarzan? Who else wanted to play me for money... come one come all ^_^'... 5$ a match lets do it! OH YEAH! Rockettrainer?... anyone? And if your not confident or just broke we can do 2$ matches...its all good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, that video is...odd. Why you would take videos of people sleeping....uh yeah. I'm surprised you didn't take the turnip pillow and throw it at someone and yell, "You go TURNIPED, SON!"

I'm retiring my black controller. I'm thinking 7 or so years of being used has finally taken its toll...

heytallman

CTALL
Hey Rockettrainer, were you at the Gamestop tournament today? I didn't know who was there because I don't know what anyone looks like. Also, bacn, you seemed very confused when I said "Hey, I'm Tallman, from the Smash Forums" lol. So who won it?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, I was. I watched one of your matches. I usually don't approach people unless I know the person. I did horrible, but I'll john by saying it's because my car broke down AND my phone somehow broke. It's a good thing I didn't go to San Antonio right now, otherwise I might be lying in a ditch facedown on the side of the road.

Today is not my day. :(

heytallman

CTALL
Aww that's too bad...I did pretty bad too, I should have used Ness in my second match, I wouldda wrecked shop. No counterpicking = me being a sad panda. But yeah I was owning Rock Band after I got eliminated though

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
whooaaa this website still exists... whats up

royR needs to stop amazing people, how come ronnie didnt go to the san antonio tourny it would of been nice to see how he places

edit: or did heee.....

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

TGM

Smash Lord
Ok guys, 1vs1 are over today, we just got home. The tourney had 98 people attend, a new record for texas.

I have 25 vids to upload but it will take a while for them to get up. but here are some of the highlights.

Rayzorium got 4th place(epic matches recorded)
CF got 7th
TGM got 13th(all samus)
CF defeated: Chag,Zulu,Dope,Tink,Smiles and cave manFinals was caveman vs forward
I have vids of: tgm,tink,dope,forward,cave,xelic,smiles,rayzorium,gabe,kos-mos,CF

Im so tired. we started at 12pm and ended at 2am......................forgive me for not getting huge amounts of info out,........

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ness, Lucario, and Jiggs all confirmed from careful dissection of the commercials. This should be interesting...

TGM

Smash Lord
to see the vids from the SA tourney, plz go to the video board on the main page and click on tourney vids.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i heard about that also tall from a friend and right now i am trying to get a translated imported version which is goin to set me back a few bucks but it might be worth it (me and a friend are goin to do this)

this is not smash related but i have to tell someone the good news: my fav dog (half pit) roxi final had her pupps this saturday and i am so excited!=) wierd thing is my dog is brown with tiger like stripes but her pupps are all black and white! soz...if anyone is interested i well be selling them in about a month when they can walk on there own...

smash related stuff: anybody wanna play anytime this week let me know! axxo,dawn,kage,path,zone,pimpslap,void,qraq,shok, etc.!

Kool vids tgm...axxo srry i couldn't go with ya my first paragraph should explain why i couldnt call ya back

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
Ness and Jigglypuff **** yeah! Also, Famitsu gave Brawl a perfect score, they said that the SSE was EPIC.
They also gave Nintendogs and Wind Waker a perfect score.

Still that does say a lot, not like those 2 games were terrible or anything, but were definitely missing a few things that would keep them far from perfect. And all of the other 40/40s I know of are undeniably top notch stuff.

heytallman

CTALL
They also gave Nintendogs and Wind Waker a perfect score.
The Wind Waker I absolutely loved, but I hated Nintendogs. My sister bought it, she thought it would be cool, she didn't like it, so I tried it, and it was terrible. But to each his own.

Also, I'm going to see if I can get a Brawl fest/tournament/whatever going at my place shortly after it comes out, there's a back room at my house with a pool table and a lot of space in general. If we can get people to bring TV's and stuff, it should be fun. I just gotta check with the parents first.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yes, I was. I watched one of your matches. I usually don't approach people unless I know the person. I did horrible, but I'll john by saying it's because my car broke down AND my phone somehow broke. It's a good thing I didn't go to San Antonio right now, otherwise I might be lying in a ditch facedown on the side of the road.

Today is not my day. :(
link plz i would like to know what your talking about...!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, I'm going to see if I can get a Brawl fest/tournament/whatever going at my place shortly after it comes out, there's a back room at my house with a pool table and a lot of space in general. If we can get people to bring TV's and stuff, it should be fun. I just gotta check with the parents first.
Do this, and a winnar is you. ;)

I'd bring a setup, but it might lag on my TV...guess I'll find out soon enough...

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey Cluelessbtd, you wanna come over and have about 100 money matches at about 1-5$ each? .... or anyone else... just call meh 713-505-8688

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, leaked copy. And now Gimpyfish is backing up the person's claim? This is the greatest drama ever to unfold...

This person should sell the copy on eBay for $$$.

TGM

Smash Lord
yea and theres a vid to confirm the guy has the game..........

go to youtube

type in Queensaki

look at his proile

his newest vid is brawl.......he has it.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
no youtube blocked that sucks balls lolzzzzz Axxo i mabe come today i need you to get me some movies for my i pod coool???>?>????

heytallman

CTALL
Wow it's been a while since any posts in this thread.

TGM, those SA videos are really good.

Also, in my photoshop class, I made myself a sig, how does it look?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Super Smash Bros Brawl Demo Play

Screw it, I'm maining Dedede. Lol, chaingrabbing Ike. Ike received some good buffs if the demo represents the actual version. And Kirby looks MUCH better and faster. Perhaps a better job of character balancing this time?

TGM

Smash Lord
Guys queensaki has bunches of brawl vids on his profle. check it out!!!!! some with pkmn T and deedeedee and ike and kirby.

Also, the best player in Houston is CF!!! That is one for the history books. Not only did he beat 7 of the top 10 in tx at the SA tourney he went to sideEffect house last nite and beat every one of SE characters on a repeated basis with CF and sheik..........no to metion he won fox dittos too. CF claimed Mr.auto-combo's chair as king of the Houston scene. A great way to end melee.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Your statements are pretty accurate. You even added your fgt touch to it. He beat me 80% of the time, I had a good run with Falco for a while but it wasn't satisfying. Either way I felt last night was just a wake up call, and I can and will do better in the future. If another tournament was held I am confident that I would win. But since Allan is afraid to have another one unless its brawl in 2 months then it seems we'll never know. Unless Cesar has one of course.

heytallman

CTALL
Furbs! What's up man? We should play soon, before Brawl comes out. Nothing much has been going on, this site has been having some server issues and whatnot, so its been pretty much dead for the past like week or so. Yeah we should definitely do something sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom