• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
Today's update makes me more excited for Ness again...here I was all ready to main Lucas, when this update reminds me of all the things I love about Ness. Mainly the bat, powerful PKT2, and the pillar of fire. I plan on maining (or at least making a secondary) all the characters in my sig.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Hey jake...

I wanna play tonight and im willing to drive out to your house so.....

We should play at your house today. I want something to do >.< give me a call or a text when you see this!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!!?!?!????????

no questions just doing >.>

Edit

I actually have money right now (surprise) so if anyone... ANYONE wants to play im down for it ....

people i really want to hear from..

Jake
Allan...

allan...ALLAN

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol yea sorry i couldnt update the info, smash boards was acting all laggy, looks better though.
i can't decide which character to use
yoshi
wolf
falco
ike
or olimar
also to all those who say ike sucks i got one reason why im going to main him.
Ike killed a god.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
i need a time for that fest
well ppl can start coming at 11 and can register for the tourney until 1:30 then tourney will start at 2. The rules will be the same ones that TGM has on his first post..Unfortunately, this will not be an STD, the latest ppl can leave will be around 1-2 am though.

10$ for singles and 5$ for per person in teams

singles:
1st=70%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%

teams:
1st=70%
2nd=20%

PLZ BRING TVS GCS,WIIS,AND THE GAME DISC I REALLY NEED YOU TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS.

If you guys have any suggestions abotu the time for the tourney or something else then just post it as soon as you can I'll see what I can do.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
*never plans on staying away from wolf*

Attention Gaybe. You're... well look at your name :)

Can't wait to some of you at the tourney!

There WILL be a special guest in attendance =)

TGM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION HOUSTON SMASHERS!!!!

L-canceling in brawl is gone.

As mentioned before(and its reinforced even more now that LC is gone) spacing is the KEY to this game!!!! Charcters who can space and have LONG range attacks will automaticly have an advantage in this game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dash dancing is also supposedly gone. Range and spacing are more important than ever, but Marth got his range nerfed (but gained more speed). Man, this game will be different...should be interesting to see how it turns out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, but normal DD is out. CC is definitely out...so is lightshielding. Wow, they sure did remove a lot of useful things.

TGM

Smash Lord
indeed. the gap between noobs and pros is shrinking.......

However.......

TGM knows the truth and i have been telling u guys this for ages. SPACING is what will separate the good from the bad. in melee a person could get around spacing(aka TGM) so it WASNT a "must have" tech.
But now, this is what we have to use in order to be the top players:

Shield grabing
Smash out of sheild
Fox trot
SPACING(this is key above all else)(also, picking a char that has range like marth,ike,link helps greatly)
Mindgames(some of u will need to learn this)

The days of L-Cancel and WD and CC and DD are over. and as we continue to play this game, more things will be discovered.......but at the core, the SPACING is what will bring u above the others in this game. Either adapt or f-ing suck at this game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, Falcon CAN still do dashdancing...but you can still trip if YOU DO IT WRONG. I wonder if this applis to other characters, probably fast ones?

onii-chan

Smash Ace
indeed. the gap between noobs and pros is shrinking.......

However.......

TGM knows the truth and i have been telling u guys this for ages. SPACING is what will separate the good from the bad. in melee a person could get around spacing(aka TGM) so it WASNT a "must have" tech.
But now, this is what we have to use in order to be the top players:

Shield grabing
Smash out of sheild
Fox trot
SPACING(this is key above all else)(also, picking a char that has range like marth,ike,link helps greatly)
Mindgames(some of u will need to learn this)

The days of L-Cancel and WD and CC and DD are over. and as we continue to play this game, more things will be discovered.......but at the core, the SPACING is what will bring u above the others in this game. Either adapt or f-ing suck at this game.
oh...i am goin to stick with sheik either way or keep playin melee...looks like brawl will not be all that competive seeing how mostly everyone can pull those techs out already...i beleive it will be a fun game to play an all but i am goin to mostly likely stick with melee until someone proves to me brawl is better that melee in ever way

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
LOL! Houston knows nothing about this game ^_^', shut up Rockettrainer cause you haven't a clue what you speak of ^_^' , lol none of you do.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
About time some play has started.. Anyone wanna team up with me? Hey Cesar, what about you? TEAM WESTFIELD!! :laugh:

About a post from the Brawl discussions; Why would someone compare snaking(mkdd) to wavedash/lcancel? Don't you need to snake in order to win? And anyone can wavedash/lcancel and still lose. scrub talk gets you nowhere!

oh yea... TP Ganondorf has horrible lag. I think I might pick up the space shotos. ;>

heytallman

CTALL
Holy crap! Apparently the soundtrack for this game is 287 songs! Some guy finished ripping it earlier this afternoon. Man, I can't wait for this game.

TGM

Smash Lord
Oni and anybody else who wants to stay with Melee, plz dont. The new game is out(or is coming out), 90% of the ssbm players are switching over so why not move over too? Melee is the past now.

And jeremy, you will continue to suck in every smash bros game that will ever be made. This is your fate.

Mark me words ladies......spacing is what will set u apart from the pack.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LOL! Houston knows nothing about this game ^_^', shut up Rockettrainer cause you haven't a clue what you speak of ^_^' , lol none of you do.
Lol, if you say so. I believe I know more than you do, but knowledge means very little without the ability to use it. The Intrawebs is a wonderful thing, since all the info about Brawl is rapidly spread through it.

Please don't forget about our money match. Let me know when you're ready after having your practice time.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Lol, if you say so. I believe I know more than you do, but knowledge means very little without the ability to use it. The Intrawebs is a wonderful thing, since all the info about Brawl is rapidly spread through it.

Please don't forget about our money match. Let me know when you're ready after having your practice time.
#1, how can you kn ow more than me...you dont have the game...you've never even PLAYED IT LOL! silly panda.
#2,Im ready in my money match lol, ill go falco, how bout you? also lets raise it to 20$? we can do 4 5$... is that cool? or you want to keep it 10$?

also ill be putting a brawl vid or two up for ya n00bs soon.. also tgm 10$mm brawl or 10$ melee, lets do both...

Jeremy, I thought you were banned? It was peaceful for a while :/
who the **** are you? "the *****"? are you a gay looser or something? oh ****e jake lol that name sucks.

TGM

Smash Lord
jeremy, il do a 50$ melee fight. samus vs your falco. and in brawl ill mm u the same amount after 2 weeks time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Let's keep it $10. I hope you've been practicing a lot, because if I win...whoo boy. That would be quite embarassing wouldn't it? Just announce a place and time, and I'll show up. Heck, Monday after noon time would be fine by me.

And once again, I never said knowledge about the game would lead to victory. It's how you use it. And once again, there is a thing called the INTERNET where information gets spread around.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
jeremy, il do a 50$ melee fight. samus vs your falco. and in brawl ill mm u the same amount after 2 weeks time.
Deal for both.

Let's keep it $10. I hope you've been practicing a lot, because if I win...whoo boy. That would be quite embarassing wouldn't it? Just announce a place and time, and I'll show up. Heck, Monday after noon time would be fine by me.

And once again, I never said knowledge about the game would lead to victory. It's how you use it. And once again, there is a thing called the INTERNET where information gets spread around.
The Internet means nothing, lol like I've said thinking you can do what you see just by seeing it? who do you think you are? anyways I'm 1000% sure Im not the father and I'll win so lets raise the stakes to...dun dun duuuuuuuuun 12$? ...come on it only 2$ more...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
$10 is enough for now. Stop trying to change the amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom