• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
This Tuesday anybody is welcome around 4 to play. Bring like 2 dollars or whatever for pizza and drinks. Call or text for info-832 659 9561

P.S. -I'm leaving to San Antonio late Friday or early Saturday and who ever wants a ride bring how ever much money you think is good for Gas,your Food,and Hotel. Call for info and confirmation. Maximum 50$ . Please try to save up.

Money Problems-If y'all need help with money then tell me and ill make you sign a paper saying you own me money. Then within this month and next month y'all will pay me back. Hope that helps you with money. DO NOT ABUSE ME HELPING WITH MONEY!!!...lol

QraQ

Smash Ace
Anybody near me goin to his house tommorrow want to bum me a ride. My car is indisposed atm. Gas moneyz of course.

-DeeV8

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl got delayed again? **** until when? And where did you hear this? I looked at the Dojo and it still says February 10th
Read the special little notice at the top of the Dojo website...it says delayed. Well, at least the release is closer to Spring Break. That means I'll actually have time to practice.

heytallman

CTALL
Read the special little notice at the top of the Dojo website...it says delayed. Well, at least the release is closer to Spring Break. That means I'll actually have time to practice.
I see. For some reason the American Dojo never wants to update on the Macs in my photoshop class...and the notice didn't show up. Oh well. Now it comes out four days before my birthday! </silver lining>

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I see. For some reason the American Dojo never wants to update on the Macs in my photoshop class...and the notice didn't show up. Oh well. Now it comes out four days before my birthday! </silver lining>
lolz i had a photoshop class and we used macs

QraQ

Smash Ace
11610 Stroud Dr. 77072

I live like 2 miles from Planet Zero on Bellaire

-DeeV8

P.S. Get online on aim if you need help

heytallman

CTALL
Wow DeeV8, when you said Stroud I freaked out, cause that street is right next to mine. But then I mapquest'd it, and I saw that it starts and stops. But you still live pretty close to me (bout 5-10 minutes). Too bad you're leaving like Friday, everyone else lives so far away

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
*wants to see ronnie's fox*

Guys, the Back Room people are nuts.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

"No player may choose the stage they last won on" - IE if you're in a 3/5, lose the first match, counter pick some stage and win, you can counter pick that stage again after winning another match. ...actually, thinking about this, it kinda does make sense =/

"Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match" - *sigh*

"Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)" - So its okay to do so on say yoshi's story, to avoid your opponent's invul and/or make them chase after you down in the bubble :psycho:

They also advise Kongo Jungle 64 and Rainbow Cruise on random, with Mushroom Kingdom II and Peach's castle as possible counterpicks.

...seriously, they're crazy.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Why MM you, you're not gonna put it on a car, a Wii, a copy of Brawl or towards your future education. So why should I waste my time. You might sit ok lookin', not "gorgeous", but without any hax, at the beginning of this epic battle ground your chances of winning are about as good as all the other really good smashers here.

heytallman

CTALL
Wow, that's some pretty crazy new stuff...Rainbow Cruise? And also Princess Peach's Castle on counter pick lists?

Also I got really scared when they were discussing Jigglypuff's rising pound...at first I didn't see the word "stall" so I thought that all rising pound was banned. But then I reread it and felt better.

Also, bacn, the Saturday Gamestop tournies are at the Gamestop right near First Colony Mall, right? Also what time do they start again?

Bacn

Smash Rookie
yes indeed, it es the gamestops near town square and all that jazz and it starts at 4.....so far ive seen xzalla and rockettrainer there....there are starting to do best 2/3 though it is not perfected yet though they are getting there with the whole smash organization process...right now the rules are single elimination best 2/3 change characters in between matches and the stage selection is completely random on the 6 main stages for all 3 of the matches...doesnt matter if you win or lose....and i am going there this weekend with some of my friends and i usually see rockettrainer there

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They start at 4. Usually ends around 8-ish. Highly recommended you bring your own controller. Prizes are...usually worthless.

For those not going to San Antonio (I assume 95% of Houston IS going...), we should have a small smashfest or maybe a round-robin tourney if someone has a place available?

heytallman

CTALL
Alright, I'll most likely be going on Saturday. And I'm not going to San Antonio, I think I'd be good for something, maybe Friday? Saturday might be OK, but I wanted to check out the Gamestop tournament.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Friday...hmm, that would be good. There's a good chance people going to San Antonio might want practice anyways. ;)

TGM

Smash Lord
Obviously todays update was forseen ages ago...........
*mains sheik untill next charater update*

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
they see me rollin they hatin they tryin to catch me ridin dirrrrty
You skipped "patrollin' ". If you're gonna sing, atleast to it right, lololololol

I'm pretty glad that its confirmed that sheik is indeed a she now (they called her "her"). Its just not right to have a guy whos that hot.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I figure sheik is going to be better in this one cause she'll prolly still have needle canceling but the only difference is every1 else has lost most their old technical tricks.
Every1 looks floaty too so no short hopping isnt that big.

-QraQ

heytallman

CTALL
DeeV8, I'm not going to be able to make it today, did you just want to play tomorrow? Some stuff came up today, and I didn't get a text or a call from you anyway, so let's just play tomorrow, if you're still free

TGM

Smash Lord
smashboards is back up, nice!!!!! 2 days untill SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No joke. i cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A WII!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Was it ever actually down? It's been working for me, but it's just been...incredibly unstable. I assume it's because of server stress.

Was there any true doubt that Sheik wouldn't return?

TGM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Furbs is being EXTREMLY nice and is willing to take 2-3 people to the massive SA tourney this saturday. Plz check out the SA thread for details about entry fees and such(bring 25$ for enry and 1vs1). Also bring 15-20 for gas money too. POST NOW AND PM Furbs!!!!!!! We leave friday!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom