• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
I will watch what i say when i see results from you,neon,aceout,void,and pimp.
Ronnies B-day will be on sunday. So i would kinda like it if everybody who shows up would sing "Happy Birthday" to Houstons BEST player! Also, low tier will replace teams! the price is still the same but its going to low tier.
y r u havin low tiers does anyone want this? im sure alex wants this cuzz he is goin to win:laugh::laugh::laugh:

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
@ SideEffect.. I am a New guy , Names Marcus btw, on the Houston Smash scene.. and i am looking forward to the tourney.. and the STD..

My Sig suggest i play mario :)

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have teams than low tier. Everyone can play teams whereas not everyone has a low tier character that they play, but that's just my 2 cents. I am also still angered that you were too tired to do teams. That's one of the only reasons I went and you didn't have it. Don't force low-tier on everyone when there is only one person here who has a chance at winning. Everyone knows that teams is a far more popular event and gives more results by far.

dawn001

Smash Ace
I would rather have teams than low tier. Everyone can play teams whereas not everyone has a low tier character that they play, but that's just my 2 cents. I am also still angered that you were too tired to do teams. That's one of the only reasons I went and you didn't have it. Don't force low-tier on everyone when there is only one person here who has a chance at winning. Everyone knows that teams is a far more popular event and gives more results by far.
bear is right i rather play teams!

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I disagree about what Bear is saying. With teams you will have an odd man out. In low-tier it's only a personal problem if they don't play a low-tier character. I fully support a low-tier tournament if only because I haven't played one in the longest.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so everything is set. im counting the days till your(TGM) tourny. i'll bring a set up, and my blanky :)

To the people I'm taking I want yall ready early so we wont hit traffic please. If you have any problems or change your mind about going, call me or PM. Because i will wait for no one.

TGM, are we going to have to leave early in the morning on sunday or can we play sunday too?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
y r u havin low tiers does anyone want this? im sure alex wants this cuzz he is goin to win:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'll play some bowser/mewtwo to give other people a chance :colorful:

Don't force low-tier on everyone when there is only one person here who has a chance at winning.
Same thing could be said about teams, the only people who have a chance at beating ronnie+roy are me+you. Well, and maybe gabe+rayz, assuming that they team.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
actually me and darkrain have gotten to be really good friends, we've been playing contraIII on znet a lot lately and i asked him to come down to this tourny. ill be housing + teaming with him so yeaaaahh we will probably win teams assuming he can keep the team up wtih my noobyness DUAL FALCON FTW

and ofcourse not, this is not a lie

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would actually be semi-interested in a low-tier...

G@BE

Smash Lord
Okay yea just to kinda throw this out there

I will not be showing up this weekend nor will be playing in tournaments till BRAWL comes out next year when the game comes out.

Ok well im done no more smashies for meeeeeeeeeeee

oh and DREW

MAGIC THE GATHERING

Pimpslap contact me on aim :p

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
i also support low-tier tourny. low-tier matches are some of my favorite things about smash, while i hav no partner for teams and no experience. low-tiers are amazing =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might randomly show up to this if I have work off.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
but i already challenged you for your spot and you accepted

Originally Posted by NEON666
hey dude i challenge you for your #1 spot

Originally Posted by Mr. 3000
I see, I accept. What rules should we use? Also, do you want to wait all the way until TGM's thing or do you want to come to my house and settle it?

Originally Posted by NEON666 its whenever dude at TGMS so it can be recorded i guess

Originally Posted by Mr. 3000
No hanx to being recorded, I really hate my matches being recorded. sorry
Yeah, well, I changed my mind. However, I'll still play ya, just not for the no. 1 spot.
So, just drop that challenge all together. And always remember, winning dittos, dont make ya the best with a character.:chuckle:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
actually me and darkrain have gotten to be really good friends, we've been playing contraIII on znet a lot lately and i asked him to come down to this tourny. ill be housing + teaming with him so yeaaaahh we will probably win teams assuming he can keep the team up wtih my noobyness DUAL FALCON FTW

and ofcourse not, this is not a lie
if you are somehow not kidding tell him to come to the bigger tournament a week later. >.>

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
That might be true alex, but in like a dire situation, I am sure you will go roy. But teams is a lot more balanced, two people with great teamwork can win. Remember when asim and roy beat us? Or omni and gabe? Two awkward teams but they still beat us. And 3000 and T-Rex. So it is totally possible. Whereas we have only one great low-tier main. So I really think there should totally be a vote upon it, not really there is going to be low-tier and that's that.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Hylian!! COME!

I agree with Ray, Jake and myself lost to T-Rex and MR 3k a few months ago at one of my tournies! It's possible for anyone to win!

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Eh, teams is one of the most events I look forward to. I am pretty sure I could do decently in low-tier, but it's just not as fun to me. And skimping out on it last time and the time before that making it single elims just makes me bleh.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
But teams is a lot more balanced, two people with great teamwork can win. Remember when asim and roy beat us? Or omni and gabe? Two awkward teams but they still beat us. And 3000 and T-Rex.
Thats the thing though, we're not the best team, roy and ronnie are.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
if i play one person for more than 30 minutes, i hav to go to low-tiers cuz it holds my interest way better. but i can see why some prefer teams

i dont even know if i'll have a ride to this thing, but if i do and we hav teams, anyone wanna team with me lol?

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, we shall try again, I think we will do better this time yo. I really think we can do it. I mean it could be anyone's game.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I've been disappointed twice. First time teams was single elim, second time, teams didn't even happen. I may be being "selfish", but the event I look forward to every time isn't going to happen. What if singles wasn't happening and it was just teams? Or low-tier teams? I'm sure there would be a severe lack of participants.

No OAR, I know that gabe probably wasn't going to show to this so it doesn't really surprise me.

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I've been disappointed twice. First time teams was single elim, second time, teams didn't even happen. I may be being "selfish", but the event I look forward to every time isn't going to happen. What if singles wasn't happening and it was just teams? Or low-tier teams? I'm sure there would be a severe lack of participants.
You go for singles (which WILL happen) and stick around if you want for low-tier and/or teams as a nice bonus. Singles are the main attraction despite the fact that only a handful of people are able to nab 1st-3rd place.

And that's just how it is. You or I might prefer whichever, but singles are the only real guarantee. So if you are going for team matches or low-tier as your reason for going you might as well not actually go. The more the merrier though, so that's why I'm pressuring you to go no matter what happens as far as the secondary tournament.

TGM

Smash Lord
OK OK OK.............team WILL happen, i wont call it off. deal? it will be double elim. deal? no low tier..........

if hylian goes, i wanna team with him if he allows.....

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
**** that was a lot of reading since i first left off, anyways it'll be fun this weekend and btw cesar is it possible u can pick me up again ^^ ?? for thursday but i'll call u and let u know if i can get my own ride.
Also kage is it still cool if i ride to the tourney with u guys on saturday?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Ok, so everything is set. im counting the days till your(TGM) tourny. i'll bring a set up, and my blanky :)

To the people I'm taking I want yall ready early so we wont hit traffic please. If you have any problems or change your mind about going, call me or PM. Because i will wait for no one.

TGM, are we going to have to leave early in the morning on sunday or can we play sunday too?
waits up dude can i go wit you please pm me i got gas money so yeah tell me whats up hey sorry about that gabe any body else bringing a magic deck? i bring mine just incase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom