• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh man alright guys I seriously haven't laughed this hard in a LONG TIME. The tears are still running from my eyes. Too ****ing funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHI4juhIT8

Some of you may remember this from two months ago at ACEOUTS smashfest...

I notice many hilarious things in this video, things that cause me to chuckle as I type by just thinking about them.

1. Notice ACEOUTS HORRIBLE introduction of himself at the beginning.

2. Notice how my facial expression DOESN'T change throughout this entire video.

3. Notice how he calls Stiltzskin "SLITZ" (he has heard that error many times).

4. LOL notice how Brian(riot) has to call out his smash tag because Aceout didn't know it, his facial expression is hilarious.

5. Notice Mouf, Roy, Lab Rat and Slitz laughing because LR fell out of his chair(we didn't forget!) and Roy's gaping hole of a mouth.

6. Notice the best DK in tx getting slaughtered at 1:34.

7. Notice Riot whispering to Lab Rat to meet him in the bathroom at 2:08.

8. Notice the weird fart noise at 2:30.

This video is pure genius, I have never laughed so hard. Did I miss anything?

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh man alright guys I seriously haven't laughed this hard in a LONG TIME. The tears are still running from my eyes. Too ****ing funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHI4juhIT8

Some of you may remember this from two months ago at ACEOUTS smashfest...

I notice many hilarious things in this video, things that cause me to chuckle as I type by just thinking about them.

1. Notice ACEOUTS HORRIBLE introduction of himself at the beginning.

2. Notice how my facial expression DOESN'T change throughout this entire video.

3. Notice how he calls Stiltzskin "SLITZ" (he has heard that error many times).

4. LOL notice how Brian(riot) has to call out his smash tag because Aceout didn't know it, his facial expression is hilarious.

5. Notice Mouf, Roy, Lab Rat and Slitz laughing because LR fell out of his chair(we didn't forget!) and Roy's gaping hole of a mouth.

6. Notice the best DK in tx getting slaughtered at 1:34.

7. Notice Riot whispering to Lab Rat to meet him in the bathroom at 2:08.

8. Notice the weird fart noise at 2:30.

This video is pure genius, I have never laughed so hard. Did I miss anything?
LOL you right dude, your face expression does not change at all, and I didn't know Roy could open his mouth that wide lol. I didn't hear the fart sound though. :urg:

Velox

Smash Ace
yeah, i can't go to sleep because everytime i do i stop breathing and i have a quadruple lecture tomorrow. fun fun fun

and i don't really have the money to go to the hospital. what could be more fun? perhaps chemistry?

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, honestly, I think that the points system is also slightly flawed. For people like me I am going to have to play the top 6 constantly and win EVERY time to move up and that's considering we play a lot for 2 or 3 tournemants. Maybe 5 or 4 is a proper number, but I dunno.

TGM

Smash Lord
Bear, no. you can beat OOS and OOC pros and get points. you can place in the top 3 and get points. you can MM,MM or No Johns some one above you to get points. This doesnt apply to just HOUSTON tournies. this applies everywhere you go in TX. the only flawed thing is this...........you have to be honest about your wins........and for some its hard to tell the truth.

I made the system to keep good people stayinig good and trashy people staying trashy untill they wanna get good. people like king ganon are upset cause they never show up to anything/lose to everybody.

HYLIAN! i understand you dont wanna leave your buddy out, thats fine with me. Getting him a partner is very very easy. And if we do team..........Double samus..........i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G@BE

Smash Lord
The thing i liked about me and Omni's team the most though Aaron did not do so well in Singles.

His rather slow movements would help me out in teams. Aaron has amazing spacing

teams are fun but singles is where it is at. :p
my predictions for teams

TGM/ a Rock
soft skwishy football/ peace of string
Roy/Ronnie
Ray/Alex

that is all

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I made the system to keep good people stayinig good and trashy people staying trashy untill they wanna get good. people like king ganon are upset cause they never show up to anything/lose to everybody.
No, everyone knows whos good in this game already, this wont change anything because your system sucks. The system is so people like TGM(RACIST MOFO) to always be top 10 cause he rigs his own tourneys and needs to feel good about himself so he will put himself on it thinking other will look up to him. They wont and never will. In Brawl the best people in this game will be:

Mr.3000
Sethlon
Mouf

Just looks at there play styles. Each was able to bring something really good outta nothing (I.E Low-tier).

If I do decide to release my system it will be during brawl... if I release it.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
tgm’s point system is stupid for a number of reasons i don’t care to illustrate. but here are a few things of the top of my head.

the ranking system appears to appropriate points according to rankings in equal intervals of seven. this is stupid because the players on the list aren’t equally better than each other in increasing rank, thus inaccurately depicting individual player skill.

also, for placing 1,2, or 3 you get 1 point, giving no incentive to place 1 or 2 over 3. this means that players with higher points(that appear to be randomly assigned) in addition to other advantages can choose to stop trying after a guaranteed third to gain the same points as someone who placed first. hypothetical- let’s say sideeffect isn’t playing so well for a period of 10 years, in these ten years he repeatedly get’s third while roy r gets second and mouf gets first every single tournament. assuming that these three players do all of the same bull**** extra point opportunities, side effect would always remain higher than mouf and roy r.

lmfao, why don’t you just have a group of panelists that provide differing perspectives to form a collective ranking list like any normal competitive smash scene.

also, sideeffect, you definitely missed something, here is another amusing fact about your smashfest video:
mouf appears to be wearing the same outfit in the video as shown here - http://www.kingfeatures.com/pressrm/images/_PRESSREL/pr_Dennis_Menace.gif

edit: i really don't care how you do your points, just thought it was dumb.

TGM

Smash Lord
Its pretty funny, jeremy. You blab and blab but yet you know nothing. Please go back and find where i have rigged(got 4th place or higher in tourney)...Please! i Dare you! you cant. I have ran over 50 STD's,fest,tournies,monthlies....ect and how many of them did i place WELL? I help you out since you are new player to this game(and yes you are,son)...............the grand total of me placing high(which is rigging a tourney according to you) is 2. Emergency 1( i think thats the one where i battled SE and got 2nd) and My most recent monthlie where i got 4th. other than that.......i have placed bottom of top 10 or even lower(HOST). Not to mention, why would i rig my tournies.....everybody knows i care about WHO i beat NOT where i PLACE. So yet again, you dont go to enough of ANYTHING to know even the SLIGHTEST about placings or skill. hell, your still losing to people me and mouf beat and continualy beat long ago. So please, go back to stealing PSP's......that seems to be the only thing your good at.

Now for the point system. When i made it, i assumed the people who would look at it would be smart.......i obviously forgot who all would be looking at it.

Rage, if you LOOKED back some pages(which you didnt, or you wouldnt have made your post) you would have seen why i choose the number 7 to separate the players in points. if i made it 2points or 4 points in between......people could pass up people in just one monthlie........should one monthlie make some lose there place? what if they did bad that monthlie? just cause they did badly they should lose there place? no. so i put 7 in between each person so that way when some one loses a place its because the DESERVE it. It also shows that the person who is moving up DESERVES it without a doubt. Naturaly you wouldnt see that.

Ronnie can be stopped, h3ll ,my samus can beat him at times(super rare). Sethlon has 4-stocked the guy before(rarely) and roy_R goes even with him more so than not.Mouf and bear have beaten him at times. So is it built to where no body can advance past top 5? Nope. But of course you didnt put much thought in to seeing that did you? Didnt think so.....

If OOS and OOC players lose to us, we get points based on my system. MOST of you forget this. Also, MM,milk matches,no johns matches all count as point gainers.....

Im sorry that some of you cant handle this but its ment to MAKE YOU to WANT to get BETTER. I want to get better, so my next challenge is beating gabe in MM or MM or NJ and aiming for top 3. If you dont like where you are......then EARN a better spot....its simple.

Moral of the story is this: DO NOT BE A DEMOCRAT, in the sense that they will pick apart a event they dislike but WILL NOT give a BETTER plan. So, if you dont liek what im doing, im willing to change it, so long as its a better idea. I would never want to be on a list jeremy makes because he knows nothing about the scene in houston, that is why i took up this idea(ive been on the houston scene since 2003 with seth and gabe and have been competing since 01). He knows his little anime shows and thats about it.

PS: there can not be a panel for the point system because it will look to much like a power ranking and that is not allowed at the city level. anybody who starts a panel will fail. Mods will destroy the thread. it takes time,effort,thinking, to make a list that is the LEAST amount of unfair.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am going 99%. I don't have to work this weekend.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty funny, jeremy. You blab and blab but yet you know nothing. Please go back and find where i have rigged(got 4th place or higher in tourney)...Please! i Dare you! you cant. I have ran over 50 STD's,fest,tournies,monthlies....ect and how many of them did i place WELL? I help you out since you are new player to this game(and yes you are,son)...............the grand total of me placing high(which is rigging a tourney according to you) is 2. Emergency 1( i think thats the one where i battled SE and got 2nd) and My most recent monthlie where i got 4th. other than that.......i have placed bottom of top 10 or even lower(HOST). Not to mention, why would i rig my tournies.....everybody knows i care about WHO i beat NOT where i PLACE. So yet again, you dont go to enough of ANYTHING to know even the SLIGHTEST about placings or skill. hell, your still losing to people me and mouf beat and continualy beat long ago. So please, go back to stealing PSP's......that seems to be the only thing your good at.

Now for the point system. When i made it, i assumed the people who would look at it would be smart.......i obviously forgot who all would be looking at it.

Rage, if you LOOKED back some pages(which you didnt, or you wouldnt have made your post) you would have seen why i choose the number 7 to separate the players in points. if i made it 2points or 4 points in between......people could pass up people in just one monthlie........should one monthlie make some lose there place? what if they did bad that monthlie? just cause they did badly they should lose there place? no. so i put 7 in between each person so that way when some one loses a place its because the DESERVE it. It also shows that the person who is moving up DESERVES it without a doubt. Naturaly you wouldnt see that.

Ronnie can be stopped, h3ll ,my samus can beat him at times(super rare). Sethlon has 4-stocked the guy before(rarely) and roy_R goes even with him more so than not.Mouf and bear have beaten him at times. So is it built to where no body can advance past top 5? Nope. But of course you didnt put much thought in to seeing that did you? Didnt think so.....

If OOS and OOC players lose to us, we get points based on my system. MOST of you forget this. Also, MM,milk matches,no johns matches all count as point gainers.....

Im sorry that some of you cant handle this but its ment to MAKE YOU to WANT to get BETTER. I want to get better, so my next challenge is beating gabe in MM or MM or NJ and aiming for top 3. If you dont like where you are......then EARN a better spot....its simple.

Moral of the story is this: DO NOT BE A DEMOCRAT, in the sense that they will pick apart a event they dislike but WILL NOT give a BETTER plan. So, if you dont liek what im doing, im willing to change it, so long as its a better idea. I would never want to be on a list jeremy makes because he knows nothing about the scene in houston, that is why i took up this idea(ive been on the houston scene since 2003 with seth and gabe and have been competing since 01). He knows his little anime shows and thats about it.

PS: there can not be a panel for the point system because it will look to much like a power ranking and that is not allowed at the city level. anybody who starts a panel will fail. Mods will destroy the thread. it takes time,effort,thinking, to make a list that is the LEAST amount of unfair.
yo if u r good as tgm say u is at stealing psp's get at me on aim and we can work something out!!!!!!!!!! foreal

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
you're not getting it tgm, why would you have equal intervals when each player is different compared to each other, what makes 7 better than 8 or 9 or 6, is it a number you like? obviously this ranking system is doomed and will probably not be taken seriously by anyone other than tgm. also i will receive yet another infraction for this post and don't care about informing you about other things that are wrong with it. good day houston!

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman

yo if u r good as tgm say u is at stealing psp's get at me on aim and we can work something out!!!!!!!!!! foreal

TGM

Smash Lord
Ok guys, if you are coming over tomorrow(friday) to stay the nite before the tourney, tell me now. If you do decide to go, you must be at my house on friday by 11:30 or 12 at night. i have work on friday. if you arnt, be at me house by 11am on sat for the tourney.

oncearunner

Smash Apprentice
still not sure till tomorrow when im at work if i can go, but if i do go, i will be staying over friday night, a night which i work, which is at a restaurant...so yeah, u can see my dilemma. i would be leaving work around 1130-12pm in sugar land, then however long it takes me to get there. maybe 1-130? idk

im sorry for being such an inconvenience ;(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be going on Saturday, and I'll bring a Wii. I'll probably be carpooling, so I won't stay the night. If you do have another monthly in December, I assume after finals, then I probably will. There is just way too much stuff right now. :(

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
hypothetical- let’s say sideeffect isn’t playing so well for a period of 10 years, in these ten years he repeatedly get’s third while roy r gets second and mouf gets first every single tournament. assuming that these three players do all of the same bull**** extra point opportunities, side effect would always remain higher than mouf and roy r.
Actually, in this situation Mouf and RoyR would rise above SE, because along with getting the point for 1st-3rd, they also get a point for beating someone above them (IE SideEffect).

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
RONNIE!!!...

the song is... O.K

TG-*****...
#1, you result to personal attacks. OK. Im going to personally attack you with no weapons son. Im going to kick your ***. And thats just number 1, if you ever go to any tournement other than the ones at your house, I will beat the **** outta of you. Got it? Good. By the way this isn't a joke Allan, Im really going to beat the **** outta you if I see you. You better hope I dont find the papa johns you work at or find your ugly *** with your hill-billy-***-ugly-***-I-sleep-with-my-cousin-***, down-sindrum-***-homeless-*** girlfriend ether. Dont make me come back into your redneck-*** rascist neighbor hood again, with your scary ***.
#2, if you go to anyone elses tournement, I'll bring someone with me and kidnapp your ugly ***.
#3, you've been warned. Trik.
#4, who do I get beat by that you and mouf can supposably beat?... part.b? who brought up mouf you gay ***.

OAR,
play meh.

Everyone else. Yo.

TGM

Smash Lord
sethlon is an f-ing know it all. i love him and his absolutly horrible roy.

*wants samus vs roy recorded at monthlie, 2 out of 3*

PS: *laughs at king ganon*
PSS: *doesnt work at papa johns*

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
RONNIE!!!...

the song is... O.K

TG-*****...
#1, you result to personal attacks. OK. Im going to personally attack you with no weapons son. Im going to kick your ***. And thats just number 1, if you ever go to any tournement other than the ones at your house, I will beat the **** outta of you. Got it? Good. By the way this isn't a joke Allan, Im really going to beat the **** outta you if I see you. You better hope I dont find the papa johns you work at or find your ugly *** with your hill-billy-***-ugly-***-I-sleep-with-my-cousin-***, down-sindrum-***-homeless-*** girlfriend ether. Dont make me come back into your redneck-*** rascist neighbor hood again, with your scary ***.
#2, if you go to anyone elses tournement, I'll bring someone with me and kidnapp your ugly ***.
#3, you've been warned. Trik.
#4, who do I get beat by that you and mouf can supposably beat?... part.b? who brought up mouf you gay ***.

OAR,
play meh.

Everyone else. Yo.
so do this mean i cant get my psp from u at the tourney?????? JK

TGM

Smash Lord
clue, please bring you camera,AGAIN. it captures some of the best and worst matches ever......

and jeremy, you can go to me tourney if you want, i gots nothing against you.. im not attacking you as a person. im attacking people as a whole who insult ideas but dont suggest ideas to fix them. nothing more and nothing less.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
clue, please bring you camera,AGAIN. it captures some of the best and worst matches ever......

and jeremy, you can go to me tourney if you want, i gots nothing against you.. im not attacking you as a person. im attacking people as a whole who insult ideas but dont suggest ideas to fix them. nothing more and nothing less.
Im making my own brawl ranking sytem...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am going to your house with a friend friday night tgm.

TGM

Smash Lord
ok awesome hylian! thanks! u use orange samus right?

Jeremy, ok i think thats cool cause once brawl is released.....the slate is clean. the current system can still work but the players are wipe-ed off cause its a new game.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

Just a sample... Ima still working on everything. Lke the point system...although I thinki I got something better than that. ..But yeh my system wont go live till brawl.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok awesome hylian! thanks! u use orange samus right?

Jeremy, ok i think thats cool cause once brawl is released.....the slate is clean. the current system can still work but the players are wipe-ed off cause its a new game.
Yeah, I play orange samus... And it's going to be me, my friend Kal, SaveTheQueen, and JesusFreak. Someone team with Kal. He plays Marth/Zelda.

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Lol.. I just mapquested from my place... and all I have to say... is God ****... That is farther than I expected :(

I am out here in Katy... anyone wanna hook me up?

TGM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singles,teams and low tier will be in this monthlie. WHY!?!?!?!?!? Epic matches are to be had if low tier is present! MOUF vs JF=battle of the DKs. that is the sole reason why im doing low tier.

so please bring 20$ total if u plan on entering all events!!!!!!!! 10 for 1vs1.....5 for 2vs2......5 for low tier.

Remember, this is a ranking event! so please show up if you wish to get points.....or dont show up and lose them.

JEREMY FiEFER, PLEASE GO! ME and OTHERS WANT YOU TO GO!!!!!!!!!! I WiLL MAKE A DEAL WITH YOU, BE AT RONNIES G-paw HOUSE TODAY AND ILL PICK BOTH OF YALL UP!!!! PLEaSE GO,WE NEED YOU!!!!! TO MAKE A GOOD BRAWL POINT SYSTEM,YOU HAVE TO SeE AND EXP PLAYERS. i put this in caps so you will read it.

PS: Hylians pal, KAL needs a partner, he uses marth! i highly suggest Rocket Trainer or any of the Aladdin crew to team with KAL.........tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom