• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
OK OK OK.............team WILL happen, i wont call it off. deal? it will be double elim. deal? no low tier..........

if hylian goes, i wanna team with him if he allows.....
A lot of people like the idea of a low-tier and we haven't had one that I remember in the longest. Why the sudden change again? Just because of like 2 people complaining? It seemed like more were actually desiring it. A poll is in order.

chaosGanondorf

Smash Cadet
i live in blue bell manor right out side houston city limits.

9746 glenshadow way off of veterans memoral by I45 or beltway 8 i don't remeber......

chaosGanondorf

Smash Cadet
Man do you live far away by the way 77038 is my zip and 713-204-8680 after 9:00pm is my number before is the phone company’s cause they own me.........

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well, I changed my mind. However, I'll still play ya, just not for the no. 1 spot.
So, just drop that challenge all together. And always remember, winning dittos, dont make ya the best with a character.:chuckle:

yeah sure thing then ill have to work my way up to the top then, well hope to see you at the tourney.

TGM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL! when you stay the nite saturday.......you can sleep in late on sunday. i only kicked yall out early cause i had things i needed to be done. not this time. so when u stay sat......need not worry, u can sleep in long time on sun.

and chaos, please know EXACTLY where u live...............people can get u if they know.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION ALL! when you stay the nite saturday.......you can sleep in late on sunday. i only kicked yall out early cause i had things i needed to be done. not this time. so when u stay sat......need not worry, u can sleep in long time on sun.

and chaos, please know EXACTLY where u live...............people can get u if they know.

also TGM we need to get a match in.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
If we DO spend the night, do you promise not to touch us while we sleep?

I'm probably gonna come with LabRat or however he's coming.. so if he says most probably I'll stay. And maybe the other members of the Aladdin Crew as well.

Allan I haven't played your Marth since .. forever.
I need to play alot of ppl.

TGM

Smash Lord
i dont really use marth anymore. i only use him when i really WANT to do well or im face-ing a total samus counter(falcon,ganon). samus is just so fun, thats why i switched.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Really? Seems like Samus would be boring cuz she's so slow.
Ah, well it's kinda fun vsing Marth and I have no idea how to play vs Samus. ><

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i dont really use marth anymore. i only use him when i really WANT to do well or im face-ing a total samus counter(falcon,ganon). samus is just so fun, thats why i switched.
you spammed tgm so ha i will make it i can get there.

TGM

Smash Lord
Really? Seems like Samus would be boring cuz she's so slow.
speed doesnt really mean anything. roy is fast and yet hes horrible. shiek isnt too fast and shes quite good. i liek samus cause of the gayness she has in her attacks such as UP+B on fox and falco or the WD off ledge to N-air or following missles to grab or CC to D-smash......and the fact shes mega hot.........not to mention, no one knows how to fight her.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
speed doesnt really mean anything. roy is fast and yet hes horrible. shiek isnt too fast and shes quite good. i liek samus cause of the gayness she has in her attacks such as UP+B on fox and falco or the WD off ledge to N-air or following missles to grab or CC to D-smash......and the fact shes mega hot.........not to mention, no one knows how to fight her.
u no wut would be awesome of u tgm it would be awesome if u let me come for free cruz its goin to be my first smash tounry! how does that sound? huh huh let me come for free!!!!!:mad:

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess it's more of a personal preference. I don't have the patience to wait for an opening; that's why I run in there with an non l-canceled aerial every time. It's inescapable.. muahaha.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lawl at flip flopping between teams/low-tier.
Why not do both? This IS supposed to be a two day event, yeah?

IMO low tier should just be 1$. Low tier is supposed to just be a chance to **** around with low tier chars, not really supposed to be a huge competition on who has the better low tier char. With just 1$ alot more people can enter without having to worry about the money.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
pimp, its cool with me if you want to go, but I am taking quite a few people already. I mean its cool if you can squeeze in with the others, but that would totally be up to yall. I don't care I'm driving so I wont be in a tight space. Also if you go, you will have to pich in for gas money.

These are the people that im taking: dawn, void, neon, shok, nova and his brother, myself ofcourse. I drive an expedition so if yall think yall can fit then by all means go. A couple set ups too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Samus slow? LMAO XD. You obviously haven't seen my samus XD. TGM and I are gonna make an awesome team.

So who want's to team with my friend Kal? He play's Marth and has good mindgames and all that jazz. If no one is going to team with him then I am sorry TGM. So find someone to team with kal and I will team with you. But I would rather team with him then let him just sit there during teams heh.

dawn001

Smash Ace
yeah SETHLON has a point why not both first we do singels then teams and last low-tiers and for low tier should be 1$ like SETHLON said....ill go for that!..

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
TGM your point system sucks... so Ill make my own better version.

Everyone else/// whats crakkin? I haven't heard from any of you guys in like... forever. Its cool cause melee is dead and brawl is right around the corner. I.E why Im going to make a point system...

^I take that back Im not making one anymore, because as long as the point system revolves around houston, it will be trashed, and broken... so nevermind.

XZalla!??? Whats up/

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lol, melee is not dead in houston at all :p We're bigger and better than ever before.

So you're coming for sure, hylian? =}

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
IMO low tier should just be 1$. Low tier is supposed to just be a chance to **** around with low tier chars, not really supposed to be a huge competition on who has the better low tier char. With just 1$ alot more people can enter without having to worry about the money.
This man speaks the truth! There should be a low tier, even if it is for $1. Winner would take the total amount of $7! ;)

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
Jeremy whats up man been a while.... for the info i sorta play falco/link now and uhh kage man thnx a lot for taking me again : )

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol, melee is not dead in houston at all :p We're bigger and better than ever before.

So you're coming for sure, hylian? =}
I'm pretty sure I have work off...not 100% sure though..so don't get your hopes up too much XD.

Also, can anyone house me and a friend friday night? It would just be easier then getting up really early and driving all the way to houston...If not then it's cool we will just wake up really early.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian you can go to Allan's house Friday night, and that is where the tournament is held.
Oh so I can sleep there friday? I wasn't sure on that one. Thanks.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Dawn, it's a gradual process. If you just beat like 2 people and gained a spot on the list, that would be too easy. Just win a lot, and earn your rank. I have had to beat a lot of people consecutively over the past 2 years to stay number one, at it wasn't easy.

On another subject, can anyone, ANYONE let me borrow a BLACK or PURPLE controller at this Monthly, just for the TOURNAMENT. I would be very grateful. To me the controller REALLY matters and mine is ****ed up.

PLEASE!

dawn001

Smash Ace
Dawn, it's a gradual process. If you just beat like 2 people and gained a spot on the list, that would be too easy. Just win a lot, and earn your rank. I have had to beat a lot of people consecutively over the past 2 years to stay number one, at it wasn't easy.

On another subject, can anyone, ANYONE let me borrow a BLACK or PURPLE controller at this Monthly, just for the TOURNAMENT. I would be very grateful. To me the controller REALLY matters and mine is ****ed up.

PLEASE!
so what you are saying is for every person i beat i get one point right but who would be watching the matches to see if i get a point?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
so what you are saying is for every person i beat i get one point right but who would be watching the matches to see if i get a point?
point system is broken... just give up , cause houston is full of jerks determained to prove there the best that also claim they dont care about this game. how irronic. so much time into something you claim not to care about.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What I want to know is...

Who wants to MM? :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom