• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
yeah i'll try my best to go to tgm's on nov 10th. KAGE friend buddy can i ride with you guys :) no homo!! NO HOMO!! oh and falco dittos KEEP EM coming, seriously keep them coming so many falco's so many everything and so little time gota get any practice in any time --- so its on dawn.

dawn001

Smash Ace
yeah i'll try my best to go to tgm's on nov 10th. KAGE friend buddy can i ride with you guys :) no homo!! NO HOMO!! oh and falco dittos KEEP EM coming, seriously keep them coming so many falco's so many everything and so little time gota get any practice in any time --- so its on dawn.
bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well. I think there should be a committee of 5 or 6 people to decide everything. Who's active, who shows, watch peoples performances, see how people do in tournament and people have to keep a list on everyones wins, otherwise things will get very disorganized and people might lose points and people will end up complaining about the list. In my honest opinion, I think the most experienced people should do this. Also, I think the people on this committee have to take responsibility and watch other peoples matches a little to see who wins majority so people don't lie about who win, who didn't. I think the committee should be like, Sethlon, Gabe *not sure if he's interested*, Me, TGM *most def*, Ronnie*doubt he would want to do it*, Roy R. I know that TGM, Sethlon, and I would take this very seriously and tally up peoples points. I also think that the committee should be announced to the houstonians and once they want to do a majority points match or something, then they come and get one of us so we can properly keep records of wins. This is just one idea but I think it is nice and solid but the committee members have to sacrifice a little of their own play time to do something for the community. I know I wouldn't mind doing this and anything I could do to help this situation, count me in.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Hmm, well. I think there should be a committee of 5 or 6 people to decide everything. Who's active, who shows, watch peoples performances, see how people do in tournament and people have to keep a list on everyones wins, otherwise things will get very disorganized and people might lose points and people will end up complaining about the list. In my honest opinion, I think the most experienced people should do this. Also, I think the people on this committee have to take responsibility and watch other peoples matches a little to see who wins majority so people don't lie about who win, who didn't. I think the committee should be like, Sethlon, Gabe *not sure if he's interested*, Me, TGM *most def*, Ronnie*doubt he would want to do it*, Roy R. I know that TGM, Sethlon, and I would take this very seriously and tally up peoples points. I also think that the committee should be announced to the houstonians and once they want to do a majority points match or something, then they come and get one of us so we can properly keep records of wins. This is just one idea but I think it is nice and solid but the committee members have to sacrifice a little of their own play time to do something for the community. I know I wouldn't mind doing this and anything I could do to help this situation, count me in.
i agree with BEAR...

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
i agree with BEAR...
Yeah bear is absolutely right, more then one person should be good so that way no one should have a problem and even if someone does have a problem then we'll have more then ONE PERSON to be as proof, so that way everything can be organized and true.

Dawn try to come over with kage and them soon so we can practice and just chill for a bit.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Yeah bear is absolutely right, more then one person should be good so that way no one should have a problem and even if someone does have a problem then we'll have more then ONE PERSON to be as proof, so that way everything can be organized and true.

Dawn try to come over with kage and them soon so we can practice and just chill for a bit.
sure ill see what i can do....

TGM

Smash Lord
Bear, problem. we cant have a panel of people, we can talk about it in person but we cant have a panel(online). that would be too close to power rankings......

i thought void mains doc now. and jake is falco. im going by mains.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
If the date for this tourny were to suddenly change.. I would have to slit my wrists.

And to those random character sections, me and LabRat also play Falco.
Falco dittos are fun.

I want to MM Dawn in a fox ditto if he agrees to not have any money involved in it. So basically.. just have a match.

dawn001

Smash Ace
If the date for this tourny were to suddenly change.. I would have to slit my wrists.

And to those random character sections, me and LabRat also play Falco.
Falco dittos are fun.

I want to MM Dawn in a fox ditto if he agrees to not have any money involved in it. So basically.. just have a match.
lets do it!!!!!!!!!

G@BE

Smash Lord
So yea i personally am happy where i am on this so called list. I do happen to think it is a stupid idea though. Just gives people more reason to ***** about who beats who and where they SHOULD be on a stupid list.

just me 2 cents yo

TGM

Smash Lord
So yea i personally am happy where i am on this so called list. I do happen to think it is a stupid idea though. Just gives people more reason to ***** about who beats who and where they SHOULD be on a stupid list.

just me 2 cents yo
tention leads to hate! hate leads to suffering! suffering leads to players getting better. plays getting better leads to kicking ***!

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, apart from what TGM, I generally agree. Houston will most likely overall become better through this, more people will show to events so they have a chance to move up on the list.

Also, TGM, I wasn't talking about having an online panel, I just mean at events that we have we get our panel of people together, we discuss things and matches and placings after the tournament. Yes we will have to give up some friendlies, but I am all for it because I know Houston will improve from this, making the whole area better. Which will attract more people from different areas to show. Look at OK people, I heard that some of them were thinking about coming to the last one but couldn't make it. Look at all these new people showing up. I definitely think we can attract other people from the rest of texas to play and who knows, even some out of state players might come to our huge events. I am 100% towards us getting a panel together for the events we have and I think we should decide on it before the next tournament. Then, once the panel members are there, we reconvene and discuss what our duties are going to be. We need knowledgeable people who know the game, know the people, care about the community, and aren't worried about losing some friendly matches. I know the people I recommended for the panel are knowledgeable and responsible and don't mind losing some friendlies. Some people, for example gabe, think it is a stupid idea and we will not worry about adding them to the panel. We need to discuss with everyone that has a chance to be on the panel and get with them about everything. We can talk about panel stuff via AIM or PMs, but actual rankings should be decided at tournaments. I know I have been going on and on but I am very excited about this and I have always taken this very seriously and I don't mind sacrificing friendlies to watch a few matches here and there. Call me or something Allan, and we will figure everything out from there. I think that is the best option.

Jake13

Smash Lord
A panel that makes rankings based on friendlies would be ridiculous, people don't take friendlies seriously all the time, and if your argument is "well they should, that's the only way people will get better", then you have no fun in playing the game, just in winning.

TGM, I main peach, duhz.

Mouf, looks like it's time for more falco dittos. If I ever get around to an event before Brawl.

dawn001

Smash Ace
well like i said before bear is right all the way and what jake said about how playing friendlies,no one really takes it seriously onless is a MM or the tourny...

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
well like i said before bear is right all the way and what jake said about how playing friendlies,no one really takes it seriously onless is a MM or the tourny...
Which are times when it should count most anyways.

Reminding people I'm up for money matches anytime if you're ranked 11th-15th!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A panel that makes rankings based on friendlies would be ridiculous, people don't take friendlies seriously all the time, and if your argument is "well they should, that's the only way people will get better", then you have no fun in playing the game, just in winning.
QFT

It's fun to mess around in friendlies. You can get away with more ridiculous attempts at combos and other stuff you probably wouldn't try in a tournament match.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, lets not call it friendlies Jake. Lets say both players agree on a certain set of matches that if the lower ranking person wins, he gets a ranking point. If the higher rank person wins, then nothing happens except he gets a win and doesn't have someone catching up with him in points. So, what we should call this is a "Points Ranking Match", or PRM, like a MM. If someone doesn't feel like having to pay up for a shot at a point, then we should enable PRM. I want to go to the length of saying, you can't deny someone a PRM but then again, I think about it and I am like, hmm, wait, that could be bad. And you would need one of the panelists to watch a PRM, or MM, or Milk match, or tournament match. Based off those results then you can award points freely. And yeah, the PRM should be if both people agree on it, then they have to play for points, whether or not if someone takes it seriously or not. But we need to make a rule so no one denies every PRM challenge they get. Cause then the only PRM they can get is through MM, milk match, or tournament matches. So I will ponder more over that idea for awhile.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, you're the highest ranking falco gabe, so that is a very true statement. If he is your main that is lol. If not then it's whoever is your main unless there is someone better out there. Plus, drama is only for low tier mains and women. You know who I am talking about >_> <_<

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
this is slightly off topic but anyways...
I was wondering if anyone of the regulars at TGM's tourneys main pika
we have an absurd Roy main...why not a pikachu?

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
We don't have a pika main, but we do have a good pika player. Gabe's pika is a beast. Not sure why he doesn't play it more.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy. Someone should get into contact with him and tell him about tournaments and how he should show up.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can make your own stages in Brawl. This sounds interesting...

ANd I just realized, the tourney will be the same weekend as when Super Mario Galaxy will come out.

Awesome.

G@BE

Smash Lord
then just say i main pikachu then :p and everything will be done and done heh

for real look under my name... me "headline"

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
tention leads to hate! hate leads to suffering! suffering leads to players getting better. plays getting better leads to kicking ***!
Which in turn leads to all our grades and GPA dropping dramatically! ... no? :confused:

The point match thing seems like a good idea... but what if all the top ppl start bullying the little guys for their points?! Who will defend our points?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom