• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
so im guessing i got no points.............im make cetain that changes from now on.................lol dawns infront of jake...........how would you get these points anyways

YO ACEOUT I WOULDENT PAY CRAP TO GET A PAINT JOB BY YOU EVEN IF I WAS PAIDED TO..............GET BETTER AND MAYBE YOU CAN START CHARGING YOUR HIGH PRICE.........AND IM TALKING TO YOU AND TO EVERYBODY.........THIS DUDE CANT PAINT WORTH CRAP

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Apoc can have my points. He's better.
Lies!!1

I think everyone knows what jake is after :laugh::laugh:

You'll be missed, jake.
ZOMG...ssshh.... you'll get yours soon enough.

I will MM anyone in the 11th through 15th ranking. The lower the ranking the more I am willing to throw down.
Lol.. it's not like the lower part is noob or anything (maybe just 12th but in my eyes he's pro)

jake wants off the list? done! ill bump the ones below up one and add........kage? if mog still played.....i would add him......
Hey hey hey, that wasn't part of our agreement. Jk.

Allan, please let me know if you're gonna change the date to the 17-18th like Dawn requested because I'm planning on requesting the 10th off.. sooo... let me know. Thanks.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
yo TGM whats up with mr.3000 i really want to play him real bad i want to see what hes made of i have confidence in myself i know i can beat him

onii-chan

Smash Ace
so im guessing i got no points.............im make cetain that changes from now on.................lol dawns infront of jake...........how would you get these points anyways

YO ACEOUT I WOULDENT PAY CRAP TO GET A PAINT JOB BY YOU EVEN IF I WAS PAIDED TO..............GET BETTER AND MAYBE YOU CAN START CHARGING YOUR HIGH PRICE.........AND IM TALKING TO YOU AND TO EVERYBODY.........THIS DUDE CANT PAINT WORTH CRAP
hahahha u flamed him so bad..so chill out for a while

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I agree ronnie, but there is the fact of the matter that he doesn't attend as many tournies as everyone else on the list. Which you shouldn't be excused from that and be allowed on the list. Then what happens when he doesnt show at tournies? People cant play him, slowing down the process of gaining points.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
I really think Cesar(WTF!) should be top 15 easy.

I agree ronnie, but there is the fact of the matter that he doesn't attend as many tournies as everyone else on the list. Which you shouldn't be excused from that and be allowed on the list. Then what happens when he doesnt show at tournies? People cant play him, slowing down the process of gaining points.
hell yeahz son, I would say top 10 or a little higher :p , well bear I agree with what you're saying but I can't go most of the times because the tourneys happen at a day and time when I can't go early and enter since I work on saturdays and leave work around 2, seems my only option left would have to be to money match people XD let's play next week or something

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I most definitely think you should get top 15 easily, possibly top 10. I understand the working situation as well. I would rather put you on there instead of kage. No offense meant to anyone, but why is 3000 on the list? He doesn't go to many tournaments much anymore. Also, defy and riot dont really attend either. Are there other people that are more active in these tournies? This is meant non-offensively and this is just because people that don't show make it so people can't really advance. I mean its still a possibility that they can, it is just a lot less likely.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How far does back does this thing go? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to start with say the beginning of this year?

The list has been out for what like two days and people are already complaining?

Seriously, we don't need a list to start more arguments. We already know who the top players are in Houston. Everyone has a general idea where everybody else is...we don't need a list to say otherwise. You can see why the mods don't allow any sort of Power Rankings below state level because this is what happens. :ohwell:

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think this can make a huge change in the community and that we can get more attendance and more and more peoples skill will increase because they want to be known as a top player. I admit Houston as a whole has improved but I think that this idea will get even more improvement out of the community. It gives people a reason to play in tournament even though they know they might not win. It gives more reason for people to show up and take their shot at getting better.

I don't think people are complaining or anything, I know I am not at least. I am just suggesting new things to keep the list up to date and people should get rewarded for coming to the tournament and entering. Like 1 point to everyone that shows up and enters, added along with the other points from TGM's method. All in all the list is a great idea, its just that there are more active people in the community that should be on the list instead of the inactive players. It's only fair especially if those inactive players don't show, then certain people wont get their shot at taking a point up from someone. Like, 3000, defy, riot, I normally don't see them very often at tournaments, but I do see them here and there.

Oh yeah, keep the date 10th - 11th. That's the only way I will be able to go to this since the week after this is the big SA tournament.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hate being contradicted. <_<

I feel sad...:(

And yeah, do keep the date for the tourney/fest/dawn next weekend. I'll try to stay the night, but we'll see.

Holy crap, Black Friday is in about a month. Start saving money...

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I am just suggesting new things to keep the list up to date and people should get rewarded for coming to the tournament and entering. Like 1 point to everyone that shows up and enters, added along with the other points from TGM's method. All in all the list is a great idea, its just that there are more active people in the community that should be on the list instead of the inactive players. It's only fair especially if those inactive players don't show, then certain people wont get their shot at taking a point up from someone. Like, 3000, defy, riot, I normally don't see them very often at tournaments, but I do see them here and there.

Oh yeah, keep the date 10th - 11th. That's the only way I will be able to go to this since the week after this is the big SA tournament.
The method is flawed for people who work on those days like Fridays and Saturdays. Me and Cesar are all I know, but I'm sure there are more. I'm off on Monday-Wednesday. Also you just requested the date to remain conveniant for you. How would you feel if the tournaments were all on a day and time you weren't available?

The incentive for being at tournaments and punishment for not attending are skewed to those who I'm sure have all that free time, play smash as a profession (if this were cali that might be possible, but I'm sure even Ronnie couldn't afford the cheapest of places and live on his tourney money), or be incentive for me to just miss my work which is my primary means of income (and I should not be punished for working for christs sakes).

So I was thinking there are two ways to do this:
1. DEDUCT a certain amount of points over time for each succeeded tournament, but this would be fine, because if you place more than say 11th place you would earn 3+ points depending on what place.

2. Hold more tournaments that accomodate everyone. A weekday tournament followed by a weekend would be real nice and solve this problem quickly.

thecarnitarian

Smash Rookie
Just got finished playing Rockettrainer, I already feel like I'm getting better at smash brothers. I definitely have to go to the Nov. 10 tournament now.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
When is the next tournament ??? I don't want to flip through 10 pages to ask, sorry :p

Oh, will probably get a Wii in November, it's muh burfday on the 17th :D

Also, if the tourny is around then, I can request off now.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
thanks dawn, lookin forward to it.

and roy, falcon practice is pretty much all i get around my house, but i'd still be happy to play you. i'll beat you eventually, i came pretty close last time

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just got finished playing Rockettrainer, I already feel like I'm getting better at smash brothers. I definitely have to go to the Nov. 10 tournament now.
Yeah, you're not bad at all. You do know most of the advanced techniques, just keep practicing! You'll get better. :)

And holy crap, it's a Ganondorf player! How many is that now?

Hooray for Sugar Land...I guess. :confused:

Super Mario Galaxy is fun to play...definitely worth getting along with Brawl. :)

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
there are many people that play captain falcon...

there are only a few falcon players...

edit: roy, bring that captain falcon to my house next weekend! along with my controller and gamecube lolz

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
We don't have solid peaches. We actually have a few samus players now, which I never thought would happen. There's actually not a ton of fox players, it is kind of funny.

Also Omni, I agree that tourneys should be held on more dates besides sat and sun, but people have school. No one would be able to get there early at all, I mean, the tournament would start around 5 most likely. I know magnolia wouldn't be able to get there until around that time or even later, then you must also add in traffic. It's just sat and sun are the most convenient days for the majority smashers. I know it is unfair but that's just how it works. Even if they held tourneys during the weekdays, I doubt a whole lot of people would attend. Someone can attempt holding a tourney on Friday, but even then, that is pushing it. That's all I can really say about weekday play. Although if someone wants to get a tourney together during the weekday, then push the start time to like, 5 pm and only have singles and a lot of TV's and very organized tournament, then yeah, it is definitely possible. But then again, it's all up to peoples schedules.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
... And holy crap, it's a Ganondorf player! How many is that now?
... man there is to many ganon players what is going on????
:tired:
So I've been away.. Nova filled me with some info that's already happened, like new players who are better. I'm interested. So the only thing I will say is... who can play me tomorrow?

New ganon players?! :eek:

kage921

Smash Journeyman
:tired:
So I've been away.. Nova filled me with some info that's already happened, like new players who are better. I'm interested. So the only thing I will say is... who can play me tomorrow?

New ganon players?! :eek:

Xzalla, just the man I need to play to test my ganon skills. What time are you going to be available tommorow? GANONS TO GOOD :):):)

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
nice matches, tho green greens seemed like an odd counterpick. i would've gone with either yoshi story (for short sides and easy f-smash kills) or n64 kongo jungle (for high ceiling and open enough for chain grab)

TGM

Smash Lord
Solid peach MAINS? we have mouf. no other. samus mains? me and duck.

also, i know some of you do not agree on the current ranking. i respect that and will change it. but u must remember, i made this list off of watching,playing and seeing you guys show up.

lots and lots of people (excluding the top 6) have issues with showing up to tournies...therefor its hard to put yall on the list correctly, so i try the best i can. if you show up more,impress and beat people. you will have a solid spot on the list.

i made the current list based on current results/attendance. if you disagree whith it, that is fine. but post a FAIR WAY to FIX it. do not be a democrat(complain but not have a plan to fix the problem you are complaing about).

Also, tournaments will not and should not be on week days. 90% of all smashers can play on weekends. if you cant make it on weekends, you didnt request off early enough OR you arnt hard core enough to get it to work out. week day tournies are dumb/never happen.

to RT, yes we know who the top 5 or 6 are in houston. but what about the others. they should be known too. RT you are soon to be o the list, i have seen you improve SOOOOO much.

dawn001

Smash Ace
mouf is not the only peach player we have jake and void that play with peach and falco well hmm mouf ,nova,me .....an as for the tournament well i hope i could make it .,...

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
Alright dawn, void, kage cesar, josh we gota play soon seriously.. and that thing that is happening in cesar's house we can just attend that or u all can come over my house and any day now i dont care. But seriously what is everyone doing tomorrow i want to play already !! I was wondering bear if u can come over my house too : ) just let me know when u are available and brg whoever with you. AND AS for everyone else my address is 18910 Remington Mill Dr Houston, TX 77073 phone number (646) 290 - 4149 let me know if u guys want to set something up and we can make that happen. Exit off of Airtex, 45 north --- bring ur **** cubes >.<. One last thing ronnie where the eff are you going be next week, ur grandpa or grandma's? let me know so i can come over after school.

Aim : Inferno718

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom