• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
HAB...I might come through to NYC either this month [30% likelihood] or in Nov/Dec....whenever Blipfest 08 is. If I do, chances are that I'll show for a weekly at web2zone if they still go on :)

it shouldn't be too hard for me to get to the city since my brother and sister both live in the city [sis is in Manhattan near MP district, and my bro is in Park Chester, Bronx] and my parents will probably drop money for me to visit them ^_^ [related note: when my bro moved there, my dad mistakenly said he moved to PORT Chester NY...which almost made me die inside. And then my brother said Park Chester, and I really did die :(]

JCaez: that's disgusting, but I admire your commitment =D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nah, I'm still not a big fan of all-out camping, but it is funny to see people get really frustrated with it.

HAB are you going to Esticle next weekend?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Well, I used to play ICs in Melee. So I'm used to all the sexy stuff. Plus it feels much easier to do stuff in Brawl.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nacker did **** pc rather violently and relentlessly, i must admit

however he also got destroyed by slikvik

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Vik is really good, Peach is a nasty matchup for ROB imo, but maybe that's just because I have very little experience against a good one.

Edit: Plank did you see my match vs Kirbstir? It was pretty homo, you would've liked it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Peach is pretty beastly against ROB. Floating fairs to double jab is awful, especially when mixed up with floating fair to single jab to grab.

Luckily, she's easy to gimp if you hit her with a bair when she's using her umbrella ^_^

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Peach oh Peach
Oh how you fall
With your umbrella
Held out for all

We admire your beauty
Your fall from grace
Now kiss your *** goodbye
Bair to the face

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Peach oh Peach
Oh how you fall
With your umbrella
Held out for all

We admire your beauty
Your fall from grace
Now kiss your *** goodbye
Bair to the face

Bow Chicka Bow Wow
P-Wubbs, I highly recommended you stop what you're doing right now.

AND WRITE A POEM FOR EVERY MATCHUP!!!!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Peach is pretty beastly against ROB. Floating fairs to double jab is awful, especially when mixed up with floating fair to single jab to grab.

Luckily, she's easy to gimp if you hit her with a bair when she's using her umbrella ^_^
because peach cant do this to.....anyone else?

lord karn

Smash Master
Vik is really good, Peach is a nasty matchup for ROB imo, but maybe that's just because I have very little experience against a good one.

Edit: Plank did you see my match vs Kirbstir? It was pretty homo, you would've liked it.
I hate the matchup, as well. When peach floats right above your head your options are very limited. She can also nair between your double fairs a lot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
because peach cant do this to.....anyone else?
Yeah, but most others can do something about it. The best ROB can do is push her away or avoid it... there's no punishing her out of her float with anything other than a laser or gyro. Her fair even trades hits with your nair! Once she actually does the fair to double jab, it's pretty hard for her to be punished by anything other than maybe an f-tilt. You really have to go on the offensive the moment you see an opening in this matchup, and it's really easy to mess up your spacing and get donked on the head with her crown.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
JC, no I am not going to Esticle. I got a bunch of plans with the woman that weekend, and, frankly, I prefer consensual sex with the lady than getting ***** by a bunch of sweaty teenage men maining Meta-Knight.

And to Toasty, if w2z isn't bought/closed/whatever by then, or if it is the weeklies have a new venue, absolutely let me know so we can get some ROB dittos in.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
JC, no I am not going to Esticle. I got a bunch of plans with the woman that weekend, and, frankly, I prefer consensual sex with the lady than getting ***** by a bunch of sweaty teenage men maining Meta-Knight.
To each their own.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah, the trading hits issue is really unfortunate
a good Peach is incredibly difficult to punish by means of waiting for an opening in her approach
her autocancels into jabs are amazing, even turn-around jabs upon landing [**** looks instantaneous]
An aggressive Peach makes all of this much more worrisome.
If you can manage it, keep a gyro on the ground in between the two of you and laser her when she tries to deal with it.

Maybe use retreating bairs to autospace into a jab or f/d tilt?

OS mentioned this a while ago: use reverse-gyro-cancels into fast-fall bair

Recover high to avoid carelessly being gimped by a dropped turnip.

I may get to play a decent/pretty good Peach player this weekend so I'll try and get some basic stats in the "what works and what doesn't work" dept.

General Vs. Peach stuff:
Just like in Melee, watch out for quick-float nair/bair out of shield. It's not as quick as it was in Melee but it's still good. Floating dairs can still be used to **** the top of your shield [and ROB can easily get shield-stabbed :( :( :(]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Maybe we should do Peach next in the character matchup thread ... oh wait, it's dead. Dammit.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So apparently there's a lot of **** being talked between the area of all ROB mains except me and the area of me, the only ROB main around...
Yeah the CH4 thread was pretty epic last night. You coming down for CH4? I can house you.

And MD/VA doesn't really have that many ROB mains. Just Nacker and me, and Chozen but he never shows up to anything, and toasty but he's in SoVa so he doesn't really count.

toasty

Smash Hero
and by epic you mean absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time, right?

I wish at least SOME of the MD/NoVA crowd were more like the Delaware smashers...those guys are chill as hell...Chillin's amazing everlasting arrogance was hilarious for a while, because if you've ever met him, it makes sense. Just like G-Reg's historic defense of anything he does: "I'm ****ing G-Reg." And the Inui/brandon craziness of the CH3 thread was at least appropriate given the circumstances.

But it's just getting embarrassing now. :(
Edit: ^ sort of...it still makes sense if you've met Hova/Chillin/Plank and some of the time it's still funny...but there's a stark difference between their posts and...say...Nacker's.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh it's only funny in the context, because if NY does actually try to back up their ****talk with a crew battle vs MD/VA, they would get *****, and then they'd all go silent, and THAT would be funny.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
If it is just a game
Then why do I hear you John
If it is just a website

If it is just **** talk
Just step up your game
So I don't hear you John

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Top Bottom