• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Go all MK at CH4 and win. Then you can talk to me about first place.
Or I could just get first place in tournaments around here and still be fine with it ^_^

The point of what I said is that I'm not going to limit myself by some foolish and misplaced sense of "honor"; no character holds a grip over me. If it turns out Sonic is the best in the game (or at least best for me to use), I'll main Sonic. I play to win, and fun comes secondary.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Or I could just get first place in tournaments around here and still be fine with it ^_^

The point of what I said is that I'm not going to limit myself by some foolish and misplaced sense of "honor"; no character holds a grip over me. If it turns out Sonic is the best in the game (or at least best for me to use), I'll main Sonic. I play to win, and fun comes secondary.
It's more pathetic that you would change your main (and probably sole character) of 6 months to the best character simply because you think using him will win you money. Unless you are going to tournaments with absolutely atrocious players (otherwise you'd be winning with ROB), using MK will not guarantee you first. You'll just increase the number of MK dittos in the finals, thus increasing my hatred for this game. Using someone you hate to place better is suprisingly low, although I really can't blame you at this point. This game was just meant to be played this way. ****ing stupid broken *** game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's more pathetic that you would change your main (and probably sole character) of 6 months to the best character simply because you think using him will win you money. Unless you are going to tournaments with absolutely atrocious players (otherwise you'd be winning with ROB), using MK will not guarantee you first. You'll just increase the number of MK dittos in the finals, thus increasing my hatred for this game. Using someone you hate to place better is suprisingly low, although I really can't blame you at this point. This game was just meant to be played this way. ****ing stupid broken *** game.
Nothing guarantees you first. If something did, everyone would do it. MK just makes it more likely. MK is fun, but he's fun in the way beating someone who has never played smash before is fun. It is just too easy to use him.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
........not true. U see me whoring MK.......i think not. And why is this bein talked in a ROB forum? Whatever......

Sudai

Stuff here
It's being talked about in the ROB forums because people think it's an atrocity that one of the more prominent ROBs would switch to MK. Honestly, who gives a flying ****? Sure OS is good and contributes to the ROB metagame, but it's his choice and no one whining on the ROB boards is gonna change that. So he wants to play for money over fun? That's his ****ed prerogative. Leave the man alone.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm gonna lol when the "secrete ROB group" was really to say that it's all a joke for them to be in on it.

I mean, what happened to the amazing new technique/playstyle that was supposed to be coming? Guess it was the tornado.

Sudai

Stuff here
No, OS is still kind of helping with it. Discussions have kind of come to a standstill since there's not much left to say about it aside from a bit more testing and kink working, but yeah.

Oh, and since all us ROBs seem to have relationship troubles (wew for more **** hitting the fan for Sudai tonight), I found us an attachment we might need.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The reinventing of ROB made most matchups a zillion times easier...

unfortuantely, Metaknight is one of the characters it does not. :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sudai, that picture is by far the most hilarious thing I've seen all day.

Of course, it's 7:40am and I just woke up. But still.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Wow I recieved an infraction for a post I made in this thread. Sigh, so apparantly now it's unacceptable to bash people who use MK. I'm getting more and more sick of SWF.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I don't think CH4 is happening, guys.

After being eschewed by the woman over some of my less than adequate personality traits such as my arrogance (which is bullshiit because I'm pretty much perfect), and having spent a ton of money at an anime convention...

Yeah, I don't think it's happening.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah sorry bout the CH4 squanders too....

Grand Finals against G-Reg's Snake and Hova's Peach from this past Saturday's tourney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lNK80g6Qj0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFVwyHysSFI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVq2CAkXFgI

epic set of 5 matches ....

spoiler alert: I missed a couple opportunities to clinch the set...and then there would have been another set >_>

sorry for the shltty quality...can't figure out why since the original vid is good quality and I'm even trying to watch in "high quality" on youtube >_>

edit: that's weird...match 3 gives me the option of watching in standard...which is to say the high quality version is optional...but only for match 3 and not the other 4 matches?? probably because those are longer vids?? lame :( :( :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Gaaaay, it looks like a lot of people aren't gonna make it for CH4. Well at least the sleeping arrangements will be easy now. OWM, are you still coming?

It does sound like Chibo, M2K, and DSF are gonna stay here if they can find a ride though. So I'm gonna have both coasts best players, but unfortunately they're both MKs, so it's still lame. Oh well, I'm sure DSF will let me play with his Snake.

Now if only the MW's best player could get here...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Gaaaay, it looks like a lot of people aren't gonna make it for CH4. Well at least the sleeping arrangements will be easy now. OWM, are you still coming?

It does sound like Chibo, M2K, and DSF are gonna stay here if they can find a ride though. So I'm gonna have both coasts best players, but unfortunately they're both MKs, so it's still lame. Oh well, I'm sure DSF will let me play with his Snake.

Now if only the MW's best player could get here...
who cares if their MK's lol
we'l rob em

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ok, you go beat M2K's MK with ROB, and I'll go discover the Grand Unified Theory and cure cancer.

I dunno if you were watching my tourney matches with M2K at Smashtality, but I almost beat his DDD. I was leading most of the match.

When he used MK it wasn't even a competition.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MK vs. ROB = no possible way for ROB to win unless Meta makes a mistake

definition of disadvantageous matchup. There's a difference between "MK has this and ROB has that" and "MK has a counter to everything"... then it is just experience playing a playstyle. You might win if the MK doesn't know how you play or screws up, but otherwise...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So it looks like OWM can't make it for CH4 either... Are any ROBs coming other than Chibo?

Well, I guess there's always CH5 for ROB HQ :ohwell: Get your **** together before then so you can all make it.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
dang toasty, those are some crazy spikes you did. i think my favorite dair, was the one you did to save your partner from flying off the stage (no idea if that was intentional or not)

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
woah, i didnt see that part, cool, the part i mentioned was where you attempted to Dair MK and instead saved your partner after he got hit by kirbys hammer

very cool nonetheless

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
JC, I'm still coming to CH4.

I just can't stay at ROB HQ ;___;

Top Bottom