• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live & Learn: Sonic Tournament Results

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Apex 2015

Final Bracket

4th - 6WX

Drowned in Round 2 Pools

33rd - StaticManny
49th - CFS | True Blue
49th - SuperGirlKels
49th - NS Seagull Joe
65th - DAMU
65th - DisqoBunny
97th - Meekspeedy
97th - Blue

Drowned in Round 1 Pools

129th - SSHQ | StreetShark
129th - TwicH
129th - VwS|G~P
129th - Bam
193rd - JbrockPony
193rd - DjRelly
193rd - Camalange

And a bunch of other Sonic's that placed below 4th in R1 pools
Edit: Did the math wrong. Whoops.
:018:

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
That's not accurate at all. I made it to 7th in R2 pools. Loser of LF got 17th. LS got 33rd. You have to factor in that there are 16 3rd and 16 4th places. Then you have to count 32 5th places and 32 7th places. It only gets more insane from there.

Manny got 49th. Me, TB, and SGK got 65th or 97th.

There were 8 3rd and 8 4th places. 16 5th and 16 7th. I am part of the record-keeping team and have already helped with the smashboards rankings for Brawl, 64, and Melee. Please don't argue with me.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
There were 8 3rd and 8 4th places. 16 5th and 16 7th. I am part of the record-keeping team and have already helped with the smashboards rankings for Brawl, 64, and Melee. Please don't argue with me.
My b. I flubbed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
- chillindude829 2015

_____

http://smashboards.com/threads/apex-2015-full-results-and-shoutouts.390569/

Full Apex results are now up.

No more disputes or confusion.

Apex 2015
http://smashboards.com/threads/apex-2015-full-results-and-shoutouts.390569/
January 31st - February 1st, 2015
Out of 734
193rd - Camalange
:4sonic:

lolololol
______

NeoNebulous Wii U Singles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/neonebs1smash41v1.4483/event
February 16th, 2015
Out of 71
7th - Seagull Joe

February 16th, 2015
Out of 71
13th - Camalange

February 16th, 2015
Out of 71
17th - Blue Terrorist
:4sonic: / :4miigun:

I think there were a couple other Sonics, but I have no clue who they were and we were the highest placing so I figured I'd just list it now for everyone.

This was my first time actually meeting Seagull despite us being at the same tournaments before lol so that was cool! I lost to Vinnie and Dire but had really close sets. All around one of the most fun tournaments I've been to... That was also because we had a Triples event and that **** was HYPE.

NeoNebulous Wii U Triples
http://challonge.com/Nebs1Smash43v3
February 16th, 2015
Out of 12
2nd - Camalange / Trent / DarkBlues - aka "Blue Ball Busters"
:4sonic: + :4shulk: / :4sonic: + :4megaman:

Trent went Shulk the first set then went Sonic for the rest. Original team name was Two Busters and a Hedgehog, but the name and team itself became far superior once making the switch to double Sonic.

We were pretty much running the gauntlet on stream the whole time. We sweeped all through losers and faced off versus Jtails, MikeKirby, and Dire in Grand Finals. Hella fun. Once all those sets are on YouTube I'll post them to the archive. We did some stupid ****.

Primarily, Trent would Dthrow and I would Usmash standing right next to him. It's inescapable and kills at like 80-90%.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Idunno how I ended up at this page, but wooo gj : 3
Looks like you came to the right place! Thanks man!

How could I forget to mention I finally got to see Snakeee again for the first time in LITERAL YEARS :o

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Reported for the triple. Next time use the edit, or bump the topic since you're the mod. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Reported for the triple. Next time use the edit, or bump the topic since you're the mod. :applejack:
Each post contained new tournament information which also went beyond my own personal results that I felt warranted a bump via post instead of other means. Constantly editing one post with such varied and vast information would be disorganized.

Also, filing a report is enough. Anything else can be taken to private messages.

For future instances I will be more open to your bump suggestion, but all the posts were relevant hence my decision to do so. I chose to merge them, however, for the sake of example.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Doesn't matter. Triple posting is directly against standard Smashboards regulations. You've been thoroughly reported. Don't do it again. :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Huh... Starting to wonder if this is some clever charade; or, if there's actual bad blood here...

... Anyway, I've a tournament coming up Thursday and Friday. I'm not even sure why we are having the weekly right before the big monthly. I'd honestly prefer if it was a smash-fest Vs. another tournament as I'd prefer to be more well-rested; but, hey, if I can not flub up again and actually take the weekly, that means more results for Sonic!

Edit: Actually, I'm stupid. I've been so busy over the weekend and into the week itself I completely forgot I had results from last week's weekly!

The Blast Zone #7
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/theblastzone7
February 12th, 2015
Out of 45:
5th - Gabriel ( :4sonic: )
7th - Kinzer ( :4sonic: )

I literally dropped the ball Vs. ATK. I didn't respect his / Ike's edgeguarding capabilities, and I didn't stick with the winning strategy; which was: beating him on-stage. I got too antsy trying to get the game to end faster and I just got punished. Like, I knew he was going to just get-up standing from the ledge and I did cover that option; but, I didn't cover it well enough. I probably should've committed with an USmash. That lasts forever and is a very good punish if it hits.

... Oh! And I completely forgot to ban Halberd. I hate Halberd. I don't think the stage affected it much; if at all, but, holy s*** Ike's UTilt got buffed this game. Low ceiling might've done me in after all.

... I'd actually blame it on my inexperience and lack of knowledge on this game. The more I play it; I swear, I'll improve to a point nobody will be able to take me down.

... At least, until somebody plays Sonic against me. Ack. I need advice on the mirror matchup, it's so dumb. I hate playing this, really. Even more than I hate Diddy Kong.

But if I don't have to deal with that otherwise, I feel like I could've won the tournament... or at least get 2nd because I still need to rematch Z.

There were no videos from this tournament because there were other fightans being played; like SFIV, UMvC3, GG Xrd, and Persona. I still have to post the videos from last week's tournament into the video archive. I think I'll go do that.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Doesn't matter. Triple posting is directly against standard Smashboards regulations. You've been thoroughly reported. Don't do it again. :applejack:
As a standard rule, yes. In this case it was viewed as a non-issue, but I simply chose to merge out of my own choice. I don't want to come off as abusing any sort of privilege, so I amended it.

Your report has been resolved. Thank you for filing it and I will continue to remember your suggestion for future circumstances.

However, if you continue to publicly reprimand staff, I will infract you. Don't do it again.
Anyway, was cool to see you again after all this time Camalange ^_^
Likewise! Will you be coming around to Nebulous/Smash Attack more often? Still haven't had the chance to check out Smash Attack but I've heard good things.
*feels old q.q
Nah. It's more like… Vintage.

:p
Huh... Starting to wonder if this is some clever charade; or, if there's actual bad blood here…
Espy just requires a lot of loving and attention~
I got too antsy trying to get the game to end faster and I just got punished. Like, I knew he was going to just get-up standing from the ledge and I did cover that option; but, I didn't cover it well enough. I probably should've committed with an USmash. That lasts forever and is a very good punish if it hits.
Dude, been there too. Simply standing from the ledge is probably one of the safest ledge options now, which is absurd. There's like 1 frame of vulnerability or something nonsensical before they can act again (like shielding).
... I'd actually blame it on my inexperience and lack of knowledge on this game. The more I play it; I swear, I'll improve to a point nobody will be able to take me down.
That's okay, I feel that way sometimes too. First time I played Ike I was just confused by the subtle differences. I had to respect things I never had to before.
... At least, until somebody plays Sonic against me. Ack. I need advice on the mirror matchup, it's so dumb. I hate playing this, really. Even more than I hate Diddy Kong.
Skype me! I'll try my best to lend advice. Not that I'm a master of it or anything but I've yet to drop a mirror.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Likewise! Will you be coming around to Nebulous/Smash Attack more often? Still haven't had the chance to check out Smash Attack but I've heard good things.

Nah. It's more like… Vintage.

:p
Yeah, I'll be at the majority of then ^_^. Smash Attack is one of the most well organized tourneys

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I lost to Bowser at Apex. That pretty much sums up my time there lol. I had a lot of fun, but between getting there and playing nonstop from wednesday to whenever it was the tournament finally happened, I was pretty much just going through the motions. I got to learn so much from playing so many different people at that god awful hotel though. As much as that place sucked, I'm really glad I got to be there.

On a side note, we snuck into Ohio the other day to steal some money. JK, gas and food cost more than the winnings. Fun stuff though.

Valentines Tournament
http://smashboards.com/rankings/valentines-tournament-smash-4-singles.4470/event
February 15, 2015
Out of 27 entrants:
1st- Phoenix_Dark :4sonic:
2nd- ITT :4sonic:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic ditto grand finals lol

Classic Pburgh/Ohio

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Skype me! I'll try my best to lend advice. Not that I'm a master of it or anything but I've yet to drop a mirror.

Mmm~.

Thank you, I really appreciate the offer.

I would've taken it sooner; but, I've been quite busy. Haven't had much chance/time to do the things I want, or take care of the personal projects I took on.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Mmm~.

Thank you, I really appreciate the offer.

I would've taken it sooner; but, I've been quite busy. Haven't had much chance/time to do the things I want, or take care of the personal projects I took on.
Absolutely~

Don't worry, I've been quite busy myself too :( I figure at the least I try to check my Skype so if I see messages I'll respond as soon as I can.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The blue 3rd party mascots work so well together. I love it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i also love how they have a 0-death team combo. :3 we haven't done it yet but it's definitely very real.
Custom Megaman with the rising Side-B bomb thing (idk megaman im sorry) in combination with Sonic is godlike. Uthrow and they just follow it up with that for kills… So good.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
sonic's dthrow setups for megaman to footstool jab reset. sonic also can dthrow to megamans usmash to our spring uair for off the top KO's which are sooooo satisfying. And luckily due to megamans jumping speed and aerial mobility he can literally jump over spin dash and cover our landing options with pellets and metal blade. Theres so many things they can do to cover each other safely and recovering for both is easy as megaman can drop rush down to save sonic and sonic can simply either drop a spring to restore megamans rush coil or go and uair him from underneath.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Smash Attack #4 Customs 1v1
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-attack-4-3-1-2015-customs-and-no-customs-1v1.393746/
March 1st, 2015
Out of 27
13th - Camalange

Eh, didn't do as well as I wanted to but whatever. It was my first time at the venue so I didn't get seeded at all. Played Will my first set. Yay. His Windy Kong bopped me second round... Almost had the first but second round I made an awful CP by taking him to Halberd. All the regret.

Won a couple sets then got eliminated by Troyfulbuster's Diddy... I think he's Gohan's brother who took top 8 at Shots Fired. It was a really close set.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I've got a lot to report this time around. I apologize.

The Blast Zone #8 Doubles
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/theblastzone8doubles
February 19th, 2015
Out of 8:
4th - 3fast5you ( Kinzer :4sonic: + TheHebrewHammer :4sheik: )
1st - Lumonic ( Xero :rosalina: + Gabriel :4sonic: )

The Blast Zone #8 Singles
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/theblastzone8
February 19th, 2015
Out of 21:
9th - Gabriel ( :4sonic: )

Nothing for singles this Blast Zone because Tony forgot to put me down and instead gave me $40 to be practically a full-time commentator for stream.

The Blast Zone #9
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/theblastzone9
February 26th, 2015
Out of 38:
7th - Kinzer ( :4sonic: )
7th - Gabriel :4sonic: )

I really didn't do too well here given that I was sick with an uncontrollable cough and a stuffy nose. Which is why I did better the next Blast Zone when I was actually on top of my game.

No teams this time because Bloodsport which featured every other fighter currently out there.

The Blast Zone #10 Singles
http://challonge.com/theblastzone10
March 5th, 2015
Out of 36:
3rd - Kinzer ( :4sonic: )

Still have trouble with Z's Pikachu; but, it was close as usual. Also, we had customs this time around. Paralyzing Thundershock is disgusting. Getting hit by that guarantees him a free set-up into a hard-hitting smash attack. I'll be posting videos when they're up. And I basically forfeited to my friend who I play practically every other day + I did kinda rage pause in our games because he got four ****ing 3-turnip down airs in a row and that **** mad me really upset. Anyway~...

The Blast Zone #10 Doubles
http://challonge.com/theblastzone10teams
March 5th, 2015
Out of 15:
1st - Livin' Like Larry ( Kinzer :4sonic: + Hino :4villager: )

We kinda shrek't doubles. We might've lost a few games; but, we never dropped a set. Playing sessions with each other kind of gives us a strong synergy that allows us to win doubles tournaments, even if neither of us are the top of the food chain on Vegassmash's power rank. Still pretty high there, though.

DVDA #7: Year of the Goat Doubles
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/DVDA7doubles
February 20th, 2015
Out of 24:
3rd - Livin' Like Larry ( Kinzer :4sonic: + Hino :4villager: )

When we get competition from OoS, I think this proves that we really are the strongest representation for Vegas in teamsplay.

DVDA #7: Year of the Goat Singles top 40
http://vegassmash.challonge.com/DVDA7top40
February 20th, 2015
Out of ~200:
25th: Gabriel ( :4sonic: )

I've nothing significant to report here. I drowned in pools because Sheik is a difficult MU to play, and nobody plays Zelda except one dude who doesn't show up to any tournaments so there's no practice to get; and, Zelda isn't too bad in this game. At least, when you compare her to the last game, she got some nice new toys... Same way that Sonic did. Oh well.

BTW, I should note that the list I posted isn't in chronological order. I ordered it by blast zones which DID get listed by me in chronological order, then DVDA which is just our big monthly. You know.

I'll post videos when I have a chance + when they get uploaded.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Blue's Big Bang Bi-Weekly #2 Singles (Customs legal)
http://hitboxarena.challonge.com/bluesbbb2singles/standings
March 7th, 2015
Out of 32
3rd - 6WX

Blue's Big Bang Bi-Weekly #2 Singles (Customs legal)
http://hitboxarena.challonge.com/bluesbbb2singles/standings
March 7th, 2015
Out of 32
5th - Camalange

Really fun tournament! I had 3 sets on stream. One was against Angel who sent me to losers but I took a round off him, and he went on to eliminate 6WX... Really good Diddy player. I beat Keitaro in an insanely clutch match, but later I had to play 6WX in the mirror in losers and he eliminated me. Only took one stock off of him but it was hella fun. We went to Omega Windy Hill game 1. Too legit. I then did commentary for the rest of the bracket once I was out.

Hopefully the rankings and matches make their way around sometime this week. Some of the best play I had for sure.

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
Presitge 4 Smash Singles (Customs)
http://challonge.com/Prestige4Sm4sh1
March 8th, 2015
2nd out of 14 :4sonic:
A little local, but had DKwill, Vinnie and some other nice players. Decided to give Burning Spin Dash out a try. Really think it's Sonic's best custom he has to offer. I really don't see the hype for Hammer Spin Dash, seems more like a gimmick.

Also, Boxob was there. :093:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Sampex II
http://teamdashsp.challonge.com/
March 7th & 8th, 2015
2nd out of 130-ish :4sonic:

Good lord, I've SD'd at least 3 times (that I remember) this time. Got read like a book during the GFs. Even I was reading myself, thinking "oh, man, now you're gonna roll and get dashgrabbed. ... Told ya". I don't know, I felt like I was sleeping with my eyes open and just went full auto..

Granted, I was kind of tired due to lack of sleep and for playing 3 finals sets in a row with 3 stocks rule. But alas, no johns.

Felt like I could've at least won a set (winners finals) but I'd SD'd with like 0% and finished the battle with Sheik at 70%-ish. Damn.

Shall post the vids in the video archive whenever I get them ready.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
There's no worse feeling than knowing you're dropping the ball and not being able to pick it back up again.
A little local, but had DKwill, Vinnie and some other nice players. Decided to give Burning Spin Dash out a try. Really think it's Sonic's best custom he has to offer. I really don't see the hype for Hammer Spin Dash, seems more like a gimmick.

Also, Boxob was there. :093:
Where was this tiny local? lmao

I'm in NY too and see DKwill and Vinnie pretty often. Never see Boxob though. I want to see that **** again.
Also, the hype for HSD is the aerial combo game, and the fact that grounding someone basically sets up for free Usmash kills.

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
There's no worse feeling than knowing you're dropping the ball and not being able to pick it back up again.

Where was this tiny local? lmao

I'm in NY too and see DKwill and Vinnie pretty often. Never see Boxob though. I want to see that **** again.
Also, the hype for HSD is the aerial combo game, and the fact that grounding someone basically sets up for free Usmash kills.

Oh, it was on LI in Suffolk. :p
Yeah, I haven't really messed with HSD that much. I like the height that BSD goes when you jump during it. Guess it's just personal preference.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah, that would explain it. haha

LI is a bit more of an effort (and money) for me to get to...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Smashing Grounds Smash 4 Weekly
3/10/15
http://challonge.com/w1kl3ool

4th Out of 33

Eh, sloppy play on top of multiple SDs costed me both my sets. That and after this tournament starting at 7 and ending at like near midnight my thoughts on 3 stock vs 2 stock will continue to favor 2 stock.......matches took soooo long.

Top Bottom