• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LittleBigPlanet

Darkslash

Smash Master
Kid at my school says this game sucks ***, the gameplay is ********, too much work to create stuff, and that it feels like it should have been a mini-game in a bigger game, or a game of mini-games.

So, on a scale of one to ten, how wrong is he?
Over 9000
Sorry couldn't resist

Is he a Nintendo Fanboy? Ohh boy..

There's a Nintendo game coming out for the DSi called Made in Ore(me) where its similar to LBP. You make every thing. Sprites,Levels and even your own music. In a sense its LBP taking to a sprite level.

Please if he's a Nintendo fanboy tell him he's not. Only MS fanboys would say some thing like that.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm up for getting items one day this week. Friday is best for me.
You, TheExecutive, and I could get in a game together, I'd take you to items you don't have, you can take me to items, and we can look for items we're all missing together :D

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Definitely.

After watching that Shmup video, who is up for recreating another game? I say either Mortal Kombat, Smash, or something unique. Thoughts?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I had already given some thought into remaking a Smash Bros stage, perhaps Final Destination, No Items, Fox Only?

But really we could have a stage floating in the middle of the level, with poison gas around it as the kill walls and possibly some kind of Player Sensor switch that activates a light when you fall off? It would be a cool stage to just go on and mess around, but there would be no fighting?

We could recreate a Mario Bros stage, we would be the most original and creative members of the LBP community.

/Sarcasm.

Of course we could recreate the level with the invisible block and become the most hated.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Kid at my school says this game sucks ***, the gameplay is ********, too much work to create stuff, and that it feels like it should have been a mini-game in a bigger game, or a game of mini-games.

So, on a scale of one to ten, how wrong is he?
Tell him to go back under the bridge, he's not welcome in reality.

Yeah, I'm up for some LBP later in the week. PSN tag Maximus1490. I'm only halfway through the third world because I have zero time to play, but I'll try to fix that soon. Can't do it Wednesday because I'm hauling a Melee setup to my scrub friend's dorm. Yes, Melee. He requested it...go figure.

Puddin

Smash Lord
My PSN tag is ss4gouku, I've got others but that's just the one I started using for LBP. And so my character has blonde elvis hair. And DBZ is the greatest XD.

Anyway add me later.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
JohnEnrage for me.

I'll add you guys tomorrow once I catch up with school work.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Chill, Brittany, and I played some AMAZING levels. Haunted House ***** us, but we also did a Gladiators level and a Shadow of the Colossus. I wish there was voice chat though.

bored

Smash Ace
I haven't rented this game yet. Well, I had the chance Saturday, but I rented Fallout 3 instead. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I hope to play with some of you. Its been ages since I've last logged on to my PSN account.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Chill (or anyone who knows how): you did that thing where you climbed, monkey bars style, across the pit. How did you do that?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I thought there was Voice Chat Crimson... yeah it says right on the back of the box.

The Monkey Bars thing for Gladiator is easy, you just gotta swing your body back and on your way forward release and grab again. Physics is a wonderful thing :D

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I thought there was Voice Chat Crimson... yeah it says right on the back of the box.

The Monkey Bars thing for Gladiator is easy, you just gotta swing your body back and on your way forward release and grab again. Physics is a wonderful thing :D
Really? Every game I have played, no one has used it. I need to get a new Bluetooth mic anyway. ****, is there anyway to use that to climb directly up?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol, yeah I was just releasing R1 and then quickly pressing it again.

There is voice chat the only reason I'm not using it is becaue I lost my headset charger and need to get another one.

Also, CK beats his girlfriend.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I watch CK from his window, of course he beats his girlfriend.

My headset was smashed to bits by some unknown fun hating creator (my dog) and is broken enough to not stay on my ear, but not quite enough to be completely unusable. But if it wont stay on my ear I can't use it :ohwell:.

"is any one else having trouble with the level creator.
I load my level and things are missing, an object once put together fall into pieces on the ground, this server thing is frustrating but I can not even build a level to Publish
to get frustrated by the server problem"

A quote from the LBP news site in which a user realizes that gravity makes objects fall, and he never learned to glue things together. Oddly enough he is the only one having trouble with the level creator.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I watch CK from his window, of course he beats his girlfriend.

My headset was smashed to bits by some unknown fun hating creator (my dog) and is broken enough to not stay on my ear, but not quite enough to be completely unusable. But if it wont stay on my ear I can't use it :ohwell:.

"is any one else having trouble with the level creator.
I load my level and things are missing, an object once put together fall into pieces on the ground, this server thing is frustrating but I can not even build a level to Publish
to get frustrated by the server problem"

A quote from the LBP news site in which a user realizes that gravity makes objects fall, and he never learned to glue things together. Oddly enough he is the only one having trouble with the level creator.
The glue mechanic is frustrating at times. I just need to learn to build things completely BEFORE I anchor them.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Servers and [some] costumes are up. In the U.S. the only available costumes (at the moment) are the Space Suit and Pumpkin head, both are free, both are far overdue.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'd just like to go on record and say that

I. FREAKIN'. HATE. BOOMTOWN.

That stage is so hard. Every time Player 2 (me at the time, unfortuantely...) tries to pick up a bomb it explodes for no reason. My sister and I literally spent 45 minutes trying to get past that stage, and we just had to call it quits after a while.

Anyone else have trouble with Boomtown? One of my friends said it was hard, too, so I know it's not just me... How the heck are you supposed to get inside of the jail!?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Stand over the red X in front of the door, it's a player sensor switch that activates the bombs...

The only problem I have with Boom Town is acing it, I continuously die with the bombs (generally when I have one bomb left until the barrier is gone) and get pushed down and killed by the spikes... but that's all.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Already aced boomtown. I'm one step closer to completing my collection of YMCA outfits.

"The glue mechanic is frustrating at times. I just need to learn to build things completely BEFORE I anchor them."

This. I've learned that once you build something complex it's a good idea to save it incase you mess something up. Also if you don't need to anchor it down, don't. If sackboy can't move it anchoring it is only going to cause you problems. I've gotten much better though. My first level I really struggled with, anchoring and glueing, etc. I had to remake things sometimes.With my second level I almost made the entire thing without ever leaving the popit menu.

Now with my third level I'm trying to go all out and just make it really crazy and fun. I'm still continuing with my Kingdom Hearts themed levels and I'm working on Wonderland right now so I have no reason to hold back. I spent a lot of time yesterday building a clock. It was so hard because I had to delete portions of it several times to make sure the insides kept working when I put the glass on. But it works now!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Kingdom Hearts levels? :chuckle: Man, I'd like to see a level like The World That Never Was.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I saw one but it's really awful. The only good thing the person did was create the nobody symbol. Everything else about is crap, it's ugly, barren, boring, etc.

Right now I'm at the end of my level working on the heartless. So far I've made the body and legs are kicking around widly. I plan to make his feet eletric so if he kicks you you'll die. :D And he will be carrying torches while he swings his arms around of course.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Chill, I think, I saw you did a Call of the Cthulhu level. How was it? I MUST find this level.

bored

Smash Ace
Bah. The story mode makes no sense at all, and I hate the canyon levels. But I have a motivation to collect everything: Costumes, stickers, decorations, objects, etc.

I also played on a level with a giant bowser creation. How someone created that is beyond me. But I am in the process of creating my own level now.

My only complaint are the controls. I always find myself falling to my death because I can't jump when I want to, or whenever I land on a narrow platform, I slide a little bit, then fall off said platform to my death.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Bah. The story mode makes no sense at all, and I hate the canyon levels. But I have a motivation to collect everything: Costumes, stickers, decorations, objects, etc.

I also played on a level with a giant bowser creation. How someone created that is beyond me. But I am in the process of creating my own level now.

My only complaint are the controls. I always find myself falling to my death because I can't jump when I want to, or whenever I land on a narrow platform, I slide a little bit, then fall off said platform to my death.
See, I love the story, and I have no problem with the controls. At first, it sucked, but after I understood the nuances of it, I became better at it.

So far, Brittany and I have aced and got all items on all levels except "Get a Grip," which I will have to wait on. I need to just sit and watch all the tutorial videos for the creation mode. How many are there?

What I love about the story is the fact that you get so many ideas on how to build a better level. Take the very first level, I never noticed the shoe at the beginning where, if you put a sticker on it, it makes then entire level into a race. Stuff like that.

bored

Smash Ace
I can't get all the items. No matter how hard I try, I always seem to miss something.

I don't need the story to get creative. I have so many level ideals. Trouble is, I'm suffering from a lack of motivation to bring them into fruition. Either that or they will take an overwhelming amount of time to create.

I've only published 1 level so far. And to be honest, Its not that bad, by my standards that is. A lot of people tell me its frustrating though. :p

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
See, I am pooling ideas from all levels to make one level once I get all items. I have Aced all levels up to the Canyons, and 100% all items that I could (I think 2 are left because I need switch stickers)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
They really should bundle those costumes for a better price though. Free, 4 for 99c 2 for 99c something, anything.

I ran into some snags with the Trickmaster, at some point I had attached his body to the wall, accidently attached a brain to the floor and somehow managed to connect it all the Chesire cat. While I was playtesting it was impossible to kill him and the second you touched the brain the entire level would vanish. I was able to get it all fixed and I had a few RL friends and online buddies playtest it.

I can't say this for sure but I believe I have created the most difficult boss on LBP. The average playtime to beat him was about 5 minutes and everyone died multiple times while attempting it. I'm going to add a few things ,mostly score bubbles, but I'm probably going to put it up tommorow. The themometor is nearly full so I can't add much more.

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
I figure I'll never be able to get the 4 player prizes...the ONLY ones I'm missing, so it's frustrating. I only have 2 controllers, and I've never found anyone online who gives a care about getting them.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just keep putting "Play Online." Eventually someone will come. OR, Brittany and I play, a lot, if we can find one more person, you can join us to unlock whatever 4 player ones you need.

PSN: JohnEnrage

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
^ I've tried waiting for people to come online, but it never seems to work...I'll add you though, maybe we can work something out.

Top Bottom