• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
The update on the boxing ring stage is pretty neat!
though it also kinda disappoints me because i hoped it would be a more neutral stage.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The update on the boxing ring stage is pretty neat!
though it also kinda disappoints me because i hoped it would be a more neutral stage.
Yeah same here. I would have liked it to be more of a pure boxing ring, so I wasn't really all into the idea of hazards. I see this being abused all the time as well. :/

On the other hand, it's to be expected, since there's gonna be an FD version of the stage so there had to be some sort of hazrad for the stage anyway.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah same here. I would have liked it to be more of a pure boxing ring, so I wasn't really all into the idea of hazards. I see this being abused all the time as well. :/

On the other hand, it's to be expected, since there's gonna be an FD version of the stage so there had to be some sort of hazrad for the stage anyway.
Actually, I highly doubt there will be a FD version for the ring.
Keeping in mind that the direct said ALMOST all of the stages would have an FD form...
You'd have to get rid of the ropes, which cease to make it a ring.
You'd have to get rid of the walk-off edges.
And you'd have to have it suspended in the air so you could fall off.
And there'd be no edges to grab...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Eh? I thought it was every stage.

Well I hope to god they manage to Fox Only the ring, because I don't want Punch Out music on a stage I probably won't like. :( That's the best thing about having stages get a FD version.

I'm not TOO worried, they made an FD version of the Galaxy stage which was a walk off. I think they can do it, just get rid of the ropes.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Eh? I thought it was every stage.

Well I hope to god they manage to Fox Only the ring, because I don't want Punch Out music on a stage I probably won't like. :( That's the best thing about having stages get a FD version.

I'm not TOO worried, they made an FD version of the Galaxy stage which was a walk off. I think they can do it, just get rid of the ropes.
But without the ropes.....it's not really a ring...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wouldn't worry too much about the neutrality of the boxing ring. I could see the hazard being used in 4p free for alls more than anything.

It would've been cool to instead have a Referee in the background (optional throgh the press of R) which breaks any grab to players inside the ring. :D That way, the boxing ring would become a serious counterpick stage. :p

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey Little Mac mains! I'm looking an able bodied writer to work on a two part character analysis for Little Mac to use in The Week in Review. Here's the help wanted section:

Little Mac Newcomer Analysis

Are you planning on maining Mac? Was he one of your most wanted characters? Or are you interested in writing about him? I am looking for a capable writer to help cover the Little Mac analysis.

If you want to write up a analysis on Little Mac, hit me up on PM.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
That's the most tempting offer I've almost been given. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm a strong enough writer to do Little Mac justice.

I leave it to you, my fellow Boxers to do what I was not able to.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You guys mind if I write about his actual boxing capabilities from what we've seen instead of an analyze of his moveset? :laugh:

In all honesty though, I don't mind helping, but I'm not sure if my writing capabilities is good enough. Plus I'm a bit puzzled on what we're supposed to exactly analyze.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey Little Mac mains! I'm looking an able bodied writer to work on a two part character analysis for Little Mac to use in The Week in Review. Here's the help wanted section:

Little Mac Newcomer Analysis

Are you planning on maining Mac? Was he one of your most wanted characters? Or are you interested in writing about him? I am looking for a capable writer to help cover the Little Mac analysis.

If you want to write up a analysis on Little Mac, hit me up on PM.
Would you happen to have another Newcomer Analysis to read as a reference? That way I know for sure what I would be getting myself into if I accept. XD

I could write a good ammount about Little Mac, considering he was my 2nd most wanted character until he as revealed, and I obviously plan to main him. And seeing how I tend to stick to my low-tier choices no matter what, there's no ammount of suckage that can prevent me from having Mac as my main character choice.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel as though I am a prolific writer when necessary, and more concise when the purpose dictates such. However; I am also a lazy ****, I wouldn't do Little Mac any justice.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
I have an idea. Let's all write it together. It'll be like... Little Mac bonding for the greater good of the smash world.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

I'm willing to write up about Little Mac, and Link as well, since he is in need, too. I love both blokes, though Little Mac seems to be the priority. It would be nice, however, if somebody else were to write about Little Mac's origins of design and whatnot. I'd be more comfortable that way.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Watching the videos uploaded so far and Mac's air speed looks FAST. <3

Really happy about this. He's also a fast faller.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Holy ****. Is it me, or in addition to being a fastfaller, is he also decently heavy? Things are looking good...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
has anyone seen macs taunts? I'm kicking myself (or punching..heh..boxing) for not trying them out when i played mac at best buy on Wednesday i completely forgot...hype will do that.

I even had a really long time with the 3DS version and totally spaced on trying them.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mac hits way too hard to be bottom, imo.

As for his taunts, he has the punching at the screen taunt from the reveal trailer.
He raises a fist.
And he sort of does this really weak shadow box with one arm where it punches diagonally up, diagonally down, and that's it.
Quite disappointing if you ask me.

Has anyone seen any more of Little Mac's alternate colors? I only know of default Green and White. I think I saw blue, but not sure.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Seems like aerial approaching is heavily nerfed. This sounds really good for Mac. (But not for Wario and Jigglypuff. :[)
Has anyone seen any more of Little Mac's alternate colors? I only know of default Green and White. I think I saw blue, but not sure.
I saw world circuit and title defense colors.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQi5HxeR4yk
some recolors
I like the raise fist and reveal trailer taunts though
Thanks!
Alright, so far I am pretty happy with the recolors.

Green: Minor Circuit
Blue: World Circuit
White: NES victory
Yellow: Champion

We're still missing Major Circuit (Blue+Cyan) but I guess we already have a blue recolor.
At most two more recolors. What do you think's getting in?

I can see 2P Mac (Wii) and Major Circuit (Wii) getting in. But I'd love to see s SPO! palette swap, with Mac's hair being light-brown/dark blonde.

Top Bottom