• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Thanks!
Alright, so far I am pretty happy with the recolors.

Green: Minor Circuit
Blue: World Circuit
White: NES victory
Yellow: Champion

We're still missing Major Circuit (Blue+Cyan) but I guess we already have a blue recolor.
At most two more recolors. What do you think's getting in?

I can see 2P Mac (Wii) and Major Circuit (Wii) getting in. But I'd love to see s SPO! palette swap, with Mac's hair being light-brown/dark blonde.
I like how it's not just generic recolouring but actually different costumes of Little Mac himself.
I hope they will find something nice for his red recolour since red is my colour in smash

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
there will almost certainly be more colors/alt costumes as not all were present in the demo... im honestly expecting this sort of thing to be unlockable this time around.

his taunts arent great but doc in his victory and the hoodie in his entrance make up for it.

i think he has top tier potential, but i do think hes going to be a technical character, so it will take practice to get good with him....though i won the first match i ever played with him soooo... ;)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
there will almost certainly be more colors/alt costumes as not all were present in the demo... im honestly expecting this sort of thing to be unlockable this time around.

his taunts arent great but doc in his victory and the hoodie in his entrance make up for it.

i think he has top tier potential, but i do think hes going to be a technical character, so it will take practice to get good with him....though i won the first match i ever played with him soooo... ;)
Congratulations! :D

Yeah, the hoody entrance, and the Victory dance make up for it quite a lot.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing about him. He doesn't have THE worst recovery I've ever seen in a SSB game. I mean, at least it beats Ike's IMO.

And those aerials.. At least we know his Dair is kinda useful.

Last edited:

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
At least the jolt haymaker has some recovery abilities, but what about the straight lunge? can you use it to recover like you can with ikes side-b?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
After seeing all the demo, e3, and smash fest footage mac is looking better then ever. I plan on making him my main, so i cant wait to get my chance to try him.

On another note, did it bug the hell out of anyone else that during the smash invitational when they had the media battle, that the guy playing as mac was jumping constantly? Seems like he completely missed all mention of his weakness in the air, and it was driving me nuts.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
After seeing all the demo, e3, and smash fest footage mac is looking better then ever. I plan on making him my main, so i cant wait to get my chance to try him.

On another note, did it bug the hell out of anyone else that during the smash invitational when they had the media battle, that the guy playing as mac was jumping constantly? Seems like he completely missed all mention of his weakness in the air, and it was driving me nuts.
He said he wanted Wii Fit Trainer but someone got her before him, also he was the last person to pick so seems like anyone he'd rather play instead got picked already. (Kirby in particular)

Smash is heavy on aerial approaching, and the guy apparently mains Kirby in Brawl. Not approaching with aerials in Brawl can be lethal. It's easy to see why he jumped a lot with a character he probably didn't even want to use initially.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping that one of the custom moves for Mac turns his KO Punch into the Star Punch.

On a side note, was anyone else mad that during the Invitational there were TWO separate occasions when the KO Punch hit and then DIDN'T KO?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... Kinda, but my reaction was more like "Ha! Take that, there's no way they're banning him now".

And it is still pretty strong, I think it's a guaranteed KO at >20%. And it deals about 30%, which has always sort of been the max damage that the 1-hit-KO-ish moves deal.

I can't really complain.
To be honest, I don't think his Full Meter Neutral B is going to change, but his regular B could.
I just wonder if one of his custom UpB will be a better recovery.

Wonder what a custom counter would be like. Wondering if the custom moves will be tourney legal as well.

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I was literally on the verge of tears when I saw him confirmed. I saw the smash logo, and saw the weights and IMMEDIATELY knew!! I was so hyped!!

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Yeah i think his up-b could have a custom version that goes higher but is weaker, or his straight lunge longer and weaker. so with friends Mac might be able to have an okay recovery anyway.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah i think his up-b could have a custom version that goes higher but is weaker, or his straight lunge longer and weaker. so with friends Mac might be able to have an okay recovery anyway.
Assuming custom moveset end up tournament legal (doubt it), it definitely could benefit Lil Mac's recovery provided the customizable versions of his specials can help with that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm glad to see Jolt Haymaker still has a bit of distance in the air. At least he's got something. Do we know yet if it makes him unable to grab the ledge in the air?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I haven't changed my avatar for a long time. I have a history of drawing facial hair on my avatars on this forum. Since I've decided to main Little Mac, I made him my avatar. He is not immune to my little tradition though.

God, I'm so excited.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The hoodie outfit made me like 2x more hyped to play as Little Mac for some reason...
You know for all my complains towards his portrayal as a boxer, his portrayal as a Punch Out character hits all the right notes for me.

Now I'm even more hyped to use him than ever. Maybe he's no Steve Fox or Dudley but screw it, as long as he's fun.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well Mac takes things to the extreme if his reveal trailer didn't make it obvious.

On that note, I wish they'd bring back race to the finish, or even the lap on the Big Blue from Melee's Adventure mode. Bonus points for the Jogging theme from Punch-Out!!! playing.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
It kinda suprises me how much little mac gets in this game. A playable character role, a stage, 2 alternate costumes. Let's hope for an assist trophy and a boss as well:awesome:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It kinda suprises me how much little mac gets in this game. A playable character role, a stage, 2 alternate costumes. Let's hope for an assist trophy and a boss as well:awesome:
It's only what a champion deserves.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Looking back at Brawl, I can't help but feel Little Mac got REALLY close to getting in.

I mean, ok, he got an Assist Trophy. And then if you look at the brawling Prymids of the SSE, they only punch. They have the rapid jab combo thing Little Mac has in SSB4, and even the very same finisher! They also have a charge-punch move which sorta rescembles Little Mac's Neutral B.

Maybe I'm just looking too deep into this, but I swear those brawling Prymids are Little Mac at soul.

-

Little Mac assist trophy also lacks the Star Punch. When he's summoned, he performs 1-2s, and then an uppercut that KOs opponents almost instantly.
Why Uppercut? Why not Star Punch? The Uppercut was the strongest move in the Arcade.

Seems Punch Out!! Wii did not alter Sakurai's vision for the moveset of the character. Just the graphical style.
Which would explain why Little Mac is so... unorthodox-like.

Anyway, just rambling.

Sakurai seems to be extremely oldschool when it comes to movesets. If it were up to him (and it is) he will almost always go with the oldest moves possible. Seems the biggest exception is Pacman. XD

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've heard that :4littlemac: is the new :roymelee:. Is that true? Cause I love me some Melee Roy. Never played PM, though. No SD-Card Compatible CPU.
Looking back at Brawl, I can't help but feel Little Mac got REALLY close to getting in.

I mean, ok, he got an Assist Trophy. And then if you look at the brawling Prymids of the SSE, they only punch. They have the rapid jab combo thing Little Mac has in SSB4, and even the very same finisher! They also have a charge-punch move which sorta rescembles Little Mac's Neutral B.

Maybe I'm just looking too deep into this, but I swear those brawling Prymids are Little Mac at soul
Does that mean the insides of Mr. Game & Watch are just a bunch of tiny Little Macs, but in the form of Shadow Bugs?
No wonder Mr. G&W is pure black, all the Chocolate (probably Dark Chocolate) must've smeared everywhere! :joyful:

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman

Maybe I'm just looking too deep into this, but I swear those brawling Prymids are Little Mac at soul.

-

Little Mac assist trophy also lacks the Star Punch. When he's summoned, he performs 1-2s, and then an uppercut that KOs opponents almost instantly.
Why Uppercut? Why not Star Punch? The Uppercut was the strongest move in the Arcade.

Seems Punch Out!! Wii did not alter Sakurai's vision for the moveset of the character. Just the graphical style.
Which would explain why Little Mac is so... unorthodox-like.

Anyway, just rambling.

Sakurai seems to be extremely oldschool when it comes to movesets. If it were up to him (and it is) he will almost always go with the oldest moves possible. Seems the biggest exception is Pacman. XD
I'm still banking on the Star Punch being a custom move.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
...Is anyone still here? I want my question answered...
I wouldn't say that. Roy can juggle oponents in the air. Mac doesn't do squat while airborn from what we've gathered. Mac however has a lot more options and Ko moves on ground.

I think of Mac more like a ground based Captain falcon.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
those long range post pics of the day worry me a bit. But i guess sakurai does his best to balance little mac in a way he doesn't need to have long range to fight.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
The best comparison for Mac that I can think of is the Flintlock Staff from Uprising.
Most powerful weapon from one area (from the ground, from a distance).
Weakest from a different area (From the air, up close).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
...Is anyone still here? I want my question answered...
Don't count on it. One of Roy's best attributes is a good SHFFL, grab game and reach, two which Little Mac likely doesn't have. Roy also has ok mobility (whereas Mac's looks excellent on the ground) and he has problems KOing because of how his sword works, which isn't an issue for Mac.

They're both rushdown characters in a sense, but that's it.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So with today's pic of the day, can anyone else tell me if Mac has the bandage/bruise in AT ALL in the E3/bestbuy demos? maybe if we could dig up some screen KO shots of him?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
So with today's pic of the day, can anyone else tell me if Mac has the bandage/bruise in AT ALL in the E3/bestbuy demos? maybe if we could dig up some screen KO shots of him?
I don't think he did.
I think it's like Punch-Out where he accumulates damage and retains it until he respawns.

Top Bottom