• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Mac mains, I declare this your theme song, to the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel Air
-So this is the story everyone knows
How a boxer got into Smash Bros
Get ready, get comfy, just sit right back
and I'll tell you the story of Little Mac
In Bronx, New York I was born and raised
In the boxing ring fightin I'd be spendin my days
Jabbin, star punchin, just doin my thing
so here's how I became the new champ in the ring
I jumped right in, I was bobbin and weaving,
fought Von Kaiser and King Hippo, I had them leaving
Then I got to Bald Bull, he was up to no good,
but I beat him then went running in my pink hood
I got in 13 little fights and the Doc said "Go!"
He said, "You're invited to the fighting game called Smash Bros!"
He said I'd see a red plumber and then I'd know,
that I'm in Smash where I'll be the new King of KO!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
... Opposed to what it normally is, a punch that damages more than 200% and instantly KOs? I think it's fine to establish early on that it's an attack that you'll want to dodge rather than block.
Pretty sure the punch doesn't deal more than 200%. Bowser and Megaman wailed on each other for an unspecified amount of time during the charge up, which is drastically sped up.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll concede 180-190% instead of 200%. :p Point being, the punch is clearly the most powerful attack in the series. Instantly breaking a shield would be the the least of its "overpowered" qualities.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It's safe to assume that it does at least 100%, right?
I don't think anything is assured seeing how knockback =/= damage. The home run bat at its strongest only ever did 30% damage and it too was a 1HKO.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think anything is assured seeing how knockback =/= damage. The home run bat at its strongest only ever did 30% damage and it too was a 1HKO.
The Wario Waft gets a mention too, since a full power one offers less knockback than a half-charged one, despite dealing more damage.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Little Mac fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters that you can vote on include any that were in brawl last time or any that are newcomers (like Little Mac). Little Mac is looking to be a near-lock, but he could use some more votes still (plus, your voting will help me with my feedback). Thanks ahead of time for taking a little time out of your day to do this for me :D

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I found 2 things about the K.O. Punch.

First one is an interesting thing
:
Capture 1.PNG

It seems as if Bowser was already at 231% bfore the K.O. Punch, but correct if me if I'm wrong. (It could be the Mega Buster since Bowser doesn't flinch.)

A second thing that I found that it looks like the move could be a combination of the K.O. Punch & Star Punch. This is only minor.

@ Yoichi Hiruma Yoichi Hiruma

Last edited:

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
The 231% most likely resulted from mac and mega man wailing on bowser. If super punch out gives any evidence as to how the K.O. meter works, mac likely builds said meter from landing attacks and not getting hit.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
So do you think Luigi up, side, and down smash attacks will prepare for Mac's version?

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
wrong.png
i think i'm like the only only one who ever noticed (not litterally) but there is a flaw in Macs site art: the white on his glove is not in the right spot on the glove that is in front, it's on the top but should be at the front considering the glove's rotation

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I hope he gets his pink hoodie as an alternate costume. also a bright white hoodie with black gloves and shoes as a color palette for that costume.

Mando

Smash Rookie
I can't wait till Smash 4 comes out cause I really want to main him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

So this was a sorta unexpected surprise. :)
Glad to see Little Mac is cool enough to get an alternate costume as well! Not the one I expected, but awesome anyway! Would love to beat up his cousins, the Wireframes from Melee in this costume. :D

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But amazing, none the less. Love the fact that the boxing gloves looks low poly too!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uh I'm pretty sure that's just how they are normally
Nah, I might need to look again, but there was definitely a difference in the gloves.

And Wireframe Mac is cool and all, but there still better be an alt slot for the pink jumpsuit.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Uh I'm pretty sure that's just how they are normally
The boxing gloves in his normal model has texture, better shading and much more detail.
His wireframe alt is made to look like it's low poly. Jagged, flat colors, you get the idea. I like it.

Unrelated, but hopefully they fix his animations come release. Let aside how he has bad form and how exaggerated his punches are , his animations seem wonky and stiff in general compared to other characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sure it'll all be fixed come release. Aside from some characters like Zard, voices still seemed to be not-yet-in, unless the footage is just older.

There's definitely some polish yet to be done.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
As long as Giga Mac's theme plays during the transformation all is well.

Oh you know, might as well make Giga Mac worse than Lil Mac, just like in Punch Out Wii! Gotta be faithful after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom