• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Little help guys

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
I want to make a list of the Top 10 Most Iconic Zelda tracks. Obviously, the list won't be at all accurate with my own opinions. So I want you folks to list some of your favorite songs, as well as songs you consider to be among the most "iconic" within the Zelda universe.

Here's just a few I'm already considering:

Main Theme
Zelda's Lullaby
Ganon's Theme
Inside Hyrule Castle
Song of Storms
Saria's Song
Gerudo Valley
Twilight Princess Main Theme (and this encompasses all the songs using the main theme to me)
Tal Tal Heights
Dark World
Spirit Tracks Main Theme (solely for how popular it got only days after the initial trailer).
Fire Temple (for the controversy surrounding it)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Main Theme
Inside Hyrule Castle
Zelda's Lullaby
Saria's Song
Epona's Song
Ganondorf's Theme
Gerudo Valley
Kakariko Village
Goron City
Zora's Domain

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
In no particular order.

1. Zelda's Theme/Zelda's Lullaby (Same thing pretty much)
2. Gerudo Valley
3. Song of Storms
4. TP Trailer Theme (I don't remember the name they gave it, but I remember it was a pretty gay name)
5. Saria's Song/Lost Woods
6. Dark World
7. WW Title (and by extension, staff credits <3)
8. Song of Healing
9. Market/Castle Town Theme
10. Zelda Theme

That's what I think, anyway. These are some of the ones that stick in my mind (although my favorites list is a bit different, haha). These are what I think people recognize as Zelda.

:034:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The music thread is pretty much dead, so I'll let this have its own thread.

As for my input... Uh...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwCgaCbd99s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwCgaCbd99s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No duh.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Majora's Mask music is not iconic for the entire series. The game is heavily overlooked and while it's wonderful unto itself, none of its themes resonate through the rest of the series. When people think "Zelda music", they think Zelda's Lullaby, the Main Theme, and pretty much most of the tunes from OoT, period. OoT was a game based around music, and with its flawless score, its no wonder why people identify its themes immediately. Naturally, games similar to OoT (ALttP and TP particularly) will usher in the other memorable themes, namely the former.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well...

Haters gonna hate! The Clock Town theme will always be iconic... in my heart ;______;

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
iconic:

Main Theme
Zelda 1 Dungeon
The Dark World
Fairy Fountain
Ballad of the Wind Fish
Kakariko Village
Zelda's Lullaby
Song of Storms
Saria's Song/Lost Woods
Song of Time

my personal favs:

Fairy Fountain
Zelda 1 Dungeon
Clock Town Theme
Final Hour (MM)
Astral Observatory
Bolero of Fire
Gerudo Valley
Zelda 2 Palace
Zelda 2 Dark Link battle
Kakariko Village

Spire

III
BRoomer
Aww **** forgot the Fairy Fountain. And I guess The Dark World is iconic enough seeing as how it's reappeared several times since ALttP and was the first theme of the first "parallel world" in the Zelda series.

Kind of interesting how every parallel world to Hyrule is a darker world. We've had:
- The Dark World
- Termina
- The Twilight Realm
- Malladus' Dark World
- and even the Sacred Realm can be seen as a 'darker' world because of its infinite twilight, but that's kind of a stretch.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wonder if the land below Skyloft is going to be SS's variation on the Dark World
Aka Hyrule being the "dark world" of SS. Yeah it seems that way. While Skyloft is a heavenly world (man I am SO excited to see what it looks like), Hyrule is overrun by evil. We play as Link, from the world of light above to travel down to Hyrule and vanquish it of evil by shedding light on it. In ALttP, MM, TP, and ST we play as Link, the bringer of light (well, balance) to all the dark worlds within each game. This is the main recurring theme in the series it seems.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Aka Hyrule being the "dark world" of SS. Yeah it seems that way. While Skyloft is a heavenly world (man I am SO excited to see what it looks like), Hyrule is overrun by evil. We play as Link, from the world of light above to travel down to Hyrule and vanquish it of evil by shedding light on it. In ALttP, MM, TP, and ST we play as Link, the bringer of light (well, balance) to all the dark worlds within each game. This is the main recurring theme in the series it seems.
I would love to see a Zelda game where Light (not goddesses, but some realm that we haven't seen yet) and Dark are having some kind of battle and wrecking Hyrule, and you have to stop it.

If done right, it would be a great way to introduce new characters and antagonists.

On topic:

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Dragon Roost Island yet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because Dragon Roost Island's theme appeared in one game and is not iconic. It's wonderful, just like Majora's Mask music, but it doesn't speak for the entire series.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Well, I guess I'll give this a shot, although I do believe this thread should include a favorites list as well as the most iconic(in the OP) since the former thread is long dead.

* Nothing below is in any particular order, and I've listed the specific game the music comes from as well *

-Most Iconic-
Zelda's Lullaby (OoT)
Saria's Song (OoT)
Song of Storms (OoT)
Fairies fountain (OoT)
Kakariko Village (AlttP)
Hyrule Castle (AlttP)
Overworld/Main theme (AlttP)
Gerudo Valley (OoT)
Ganon Battle (OoT)
Market Town (OoT)

-My Favorites-
Gerudo Valley (OoT)
Hyrule Castle (AlttP)
Astral Observatory (MM)
Song of Healing(MM)
Giant's calling (MM)
Kakariko Village (AlttP)
* Well, that's a few of them, might edit later *

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
Most Iconic song from Majora's Mask to me would be the Ikana Valley theme . It really nicely conveys a sense of death in the air and that your journey must continue no matter how scary things get :skull:

As far as the series overall goes... tough to say exactly. My two strongest contenders would probably be WW's Great Sea theme or OOT's Spirit Temple

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Most Iconic song from Majora's Mask to me would be the Ikana Valley theme . It really nicely conveys a sense of death in the air and that your journey must continue no matter how scary things get :skull:

As far as the series overall goes... tough to say exactly. My two strongest contenders would probably be WW's Great Sea theme or OOT's Spirit Temple
See, iconic doesn't really mean favorite. It would have to be a song that has appeared in several games and is instantly recognizable by even casual fans. These are all great songs, but I don't think they are very iconic, except maybe the Great Sea theme.

for Majora's Mask, I would have to say that the Clocktown theme is a little more iconic than Ikana Valley.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I know it's not iconic to the whole series, but I absolutely love Makar's Prayer.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
- and even the Sacred Realm can be seen as a 'darker' world because of its infinite twilight, but that's kind of a stretch.

Wait... are you implying that the Sacred and Twilight Realms are the same thing?

Top Bottom