• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~| List of every character's no/nearly no lag aerials |~

Magus420

Smash Master

TheDenog

Smash Rookie
I'm taking a software engineering class atm, and for an assignment we have to create objects then use Object output streams, XML, and other methods of creating persistent data and objects that can be restored.

So for fun, I decided to make a program that parses your list (nicely formatted, many thanks)
and outputs some basic roster stats on air moves lag.

===============================================
==================Character Stats===================
===============================================

Average Number of Air Cancel Moves per Character: 1.8974358974358974
16/39 Characters have Up Air Cancels
24/39 Characters have Neutral Air Cancels
9/39 Characters have Front Air Cancels
20/39 Characters have Back Air Cancels
5/39 Characters have Down Air Cancels

10 Character(s) have 0 Air cancels
6 Character(s) have 1 Air cancels
6 Character(s) have 2 Air cancels
13 Character(s) have 3 Air cancels
3 Character(s) have 4 Air cancels
1 Character(s) have 5 Air cancels

And yes I now I probably could have just went through the list and tallied them all up
But was fun and gives me something to do until brawl come out :D

The thing is, now EVERYONE is floaty and EVERYONE has excellent air control. ALL the characters in Brawl move like Jiggs did in Melee, so she is no longer unique. Basically, every character is now a better version of Jiggs.
Say that to Meta Knight. he has crappy air control. The only that can suffice for it is his gliding, and he can't do that constantly in the air.

Chexr

Smash Ace
I only needed one line to state a fact. Your unsupported claims occupied more than one line, but that doesn't make them superior. If you would line a line-by-line dissection, then I will give you one:
floaty is relative. Compared to melee, sure most characters are floaty. However, not all characters in brawl have the same falling speed. Relative to each other (which is the only comparison with merit), not all characters in brawl are floaty.

This is just plain false. In brawl, some characters have far more air control than others. Far less than half of the cast has as much air control as jiggly did in melee.

I'm sorry that I'm not refuting your claims with video evidence and statistical data. You'll have to maybe play the game for yourself to find out. If you've already played it, pay closer attention next time.
Wow could you say something any more wrong, stupid and full of bull****? Is it even possible?

Floaty is relative and Jiggs is not more floaty than other characters. The difference in falling speeds is almost obsolete in brawl due to everyone being so similar, save one or two few exceptions.

Jiggs in not the master of the air she used to be, she is not the all or nothing rest wonder and she does not have greater horizontal movement than others to out maneuver opponents. I've played Brawl, Jiggs is garbage compaired to her melee form. Don't even talk again, thanks.

edit: Nice work ZodiakLucien <__< sorry I killed your topic sir.

Sliq

Smash Master
I only needed one line to state a fact. Your unsupported claims occupied more than one line, but that doesn't make them superior. If you would line a line-by-line dissection, then I will give you one:
floaty is relative. Compared to melee, sure most characters are floaty. However, not all characters in brawl have the same falling speed. Relative to each other (which is the only comparison with merit), not all characters in brawl are floaty.
There was a much wider gap between falling speed in Melee than in Brawl. Look at Falco and Luigi in Melee, then look at the fastest faller in Brawl (Link?) and the floatiest (Lucario?). The fall speeds are far less extreme.

This is just plain false. In brawl, some characters have far more air control than others. Far less than half of the cast has as much air control as jiggly did in melee..
Once again, the gap between the most and the least is diminished, thereby dulling uniqueness.

I'm sorry that I'm not refuting your claims with video evidence and statistical data. You'll have to maybe play the game for yourself to find out. If you've already played it, pay closer attention next time.
Or you could stop being a nobody new *** with no experience in either.

usea

Smash Ace
LOL usea you're arguing with 2 of the best jigglypuff mains in the nation, i THINK that they MIGHT just know what they're talking about.
He posted several false statements and I corrected him. His poor attitude resulted in me having to spell it out for him. I've never heard of him, but I think melee's history has clearly shown that being great at the game doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

I didn't say anything about jiggs being good or bad in brawl, and I don't know why my post was inferred as stating that one way or the other. I was simply pointing out blatantly false statements. He corrected himself in a later post.

Top Bottom