• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Advanced Techniques - Confirmed/Disconfirmed (With sources)

Izaw

Smash Ace
Short jump is made by Kirby in the second trailer, when they present him.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You won't find Jump Cancelling in the videos that exist now. Crouch Cancelling and Dash Dancing i'll put it in a bit. Guys check out that SuperJump/FastJump thing. Looks sweet!
Well like I said earlier the 2nd trailer has Link jump-canceling a dash into up-B. JCing grabs isn't confirmed but is likely possible based on that prior information.

Fox_Rox

Smash Rookie
But hit by what? <_> Edit: never mind, seems like shine got a heavy nerf as Dk naired him just as fox shined him and it knocked him out of it. On ssbm fox's first frame where you hit people with is invulnerable, so it would have outprioritised. Also, no shinespike. :p Seems like it hits diagonally up or you can actually DI the shine this time around.
DK is hit into a wall by the shine and bounces off of it, this in no way deconfirms shinespikes.

Edit: especially when earlier in the video he shines bowser downward

Samochan

Smash Master
DK is hit into a wall by the shine and bounces off of it, this in no way deconfirms shinespikes.

Edit: especially when earlier in the video he shines bowser downward
DK then seemingly lacked any stun from after getting hit by shine and hit by wall since he immediately recovered with an uair or something.

But after getting hit by a shine early in the vid, bowser falls down. Falling down prolly means it's techable and bowser could be waveshined in melee. Does this mean shine now falls down all characters so that even if waveshine was back in, it would mean all characters can now tech the shine and thus be able to avoid any waveshine comboes should wavedash and jc shine be in, not forgetting wallteching shinespike which peach for example, was unable to do due to not falling down from shine.

But since fox gets hit by DK's aerial it means there is no invulnerability frame on frame 1 of the shine, so it should mean harder shinespiking and the stuff since chars can intercept shine now.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if these were mentioned, but:

Powershield seems to still work, although its not yet apparent as to whether you can reflect with it. (5:10- Media Summit Gameplay Demo)

It looks like the Up B auto-sweetspots. Link does it in the Link vs Sonic match. (6:09- Media Summit Gameplay Demo)

Hazhulkhen

Smash Rookie
Where is the link to the MTV video that shows stationary air dodging? I don't see it in the source files.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
How about this...We wait till one of us goes to E for All, tries out EVERYTHING and then comes back to give us some info
Because it's a short demo (2 minutes), the lines are bound to be long, and time would better spent trying the stuff that hasn't been absolutely confirmed by the videos. And I'm sure even the people wanting to figure out what's in or out would like to leave some time to actually fight.

There's two biggies (IMO) discovered by these videos that need some elaboration ... in addition to wavedashing and L-canceling of course:

- What you can and cannot do after you up-B. And how/if that differs by character.
- Rolling to the ledge and holding backwards = ledge grab?

I would include 'fast-jumping' but I'm not seeing it. ShortFuse, do you think you could tell us something to clue off which jump it is (what air attack does samus use, does she hit Mario or the Smash ball)?

RPK

Smash Lord
so what that translates to is: Hey, I cant wavedash or L-cancel. Thats all you gotta figure out. If you cant do it right off the bat or during a match, even if it is only 2 minutes long, then you suck D=
So yeah, could wait till E for All to help someone approve of atleast those 2 things. Well and Shffling. Hm...I probably went a bit over board by saying everything. In everything, I mean wavedashing, shffling, & l-canceling

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
so what that translates to is: Hey, I cant wavedash or L-cancel. Thats all you gotta figure out. If you cant do it right off the bat or during a match, even if it is only 2 minutes long, then you suck D=
So yeah, could wait till E for All to help someone approve of atleast those 2 things. Well and Shffling. Hm...I probably went a bit over board by saying everything. In everything, I mean wavedashing, shffling, & l-canceling
Why would anyone need to confirm shffling? We knows short hopping is in, and fas falling, simply confirming l-cancel would confirm shffl

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Well RPK, you're right that wavedashing wouldn't take long at all. L-canceling might take a few extra seconds to adjust to the new timing and new animations (that is, if it's in).

But the other things are more or less situational. If wavedashing doesn't make the cut, I'd surely want to know if I could do the rolling ledge-grab that the AI Sonic did.

RPK

Smash Lord
well if you could quickly adjust to wavedashing, because of the different jump timings, then you could adjust to L-canceling. It shouldnt take to long..

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im gonna try at go to E for all, since I practically near in california, LA is just 2 hours away, way worth it, the trouble is convencing folks letting me go, getting money and obviously skipping school... thats were my uncle kicks in XD

I wil ltry EVERYTHING, from L cancelling, wo wavedash/land and all the stuff...

VideoGamerJ

Smash Rookie
Good topic *bookmarked*. I'm really hoping they keep wavedashing in : D It's a shame all of these IGN guys are not the least bit advanced to figure this stuff out. Oh well...

_X_

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4ThurUw

Does anyone else see a jc shine here possibly at 1:54 mark against DK? Better quality of this vid would be nice. :/ Also, some weird run into edgehog thingy from peach at 3:19-3:21.

Edit: Lol shinespike deconfirmed. Dk flies up and away when hit by Fox's shine at 1:54 mark and actually does a fair out of it and moves back toward fox.
Looks like he just jumped and used the shine to me... As for the shine spike, DK hits the side of the ledge.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I dunno (I'm a professional Skeptic), it's a bit harder to tell this time around. It looks a little tighter than Melee, so the animations could just be slightly diffrent.

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
well that explains the peach weird looking edge guard, she gets sucked into the water current and flies over to the ledge...

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I have a good feeling Z-Cancelling wont be necissary anymore, as I really dont think a Wii game will have lag.
That made no sense(no offense). I'm not sure you know what L-canceling/Z-canceling is.

After an arial move like Link's DownAir, he HAS to draw his sword out of the ground. It's not lag, it just makes sense. If he did his DownAir into the ground and then out of nowhere he was standing up straight it would look ridiculous.

But with L-canceling/Z-canceling you half the time it takes for Link to take his sword out of the ground. This is what it's purpose is.

And there is no reason they would take it out because they completely noticed it in Super Smash Bros. Original(but Z-canceling there took away ALL the time it took to recover from arials) so instead of taking it out they just made it so in Melee it HALVED the time instead of completely eliminating it.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
But hit by what? <_> Edit: never mind, seems like shine got a heavy nerf as Dk naired him just as fox shined him and it knocked him out of it. On ssbm fox's first frame where you hit people with is invulnerable, so it would have outprioritised. Also, no shinespike. :p Seems like it hits diagonally up or you can actually DI the shine this time around.
Or it means DK has no-flitch frames on the start up of his nair.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could go to E for all.

We are counting on those that can go. Experiment with characters and do your best to confirm all that you can.

Samochan

Smash Master
I think there is some new tech going around on these vids. Characters recover from attacks with unnatural speed if they're sent airborne, castle siege vid is good example of this. For example, in the beginning mario is hit by Meta's tornado but as soon as he gets out, he immediately changes momentum and starts falling down, using aerial in the process, as if he lost all the knockback and stun from previous attack. This seems able to be done when the attack you're hit with is weak or has weak knockback/short stun time.

Also mario seemingly busts his fludd from time to time out of nowhere. And then puts it out and then back in again. O_o

Also attack clanking is confirmed now, pika clanks fsmash with Ike's at 0:29 in the Delphino plaza video. Auto-L-canceling deconfirmed cause Ike's aerials lag a lot still while Link's bair at Sonic smashville video doesn't lag at all.

Edit: Some kind of attack ledgecanceling confirmed. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html
Sonic dair whatever into the ledge and automaticly ledgecancels it at 0:17. And right after that Meta ledgecancels his dash attack. Also in the very beginning it might be possible that Yoshi in FS form shieldstabs Sonic? Also Meta is broken, his tornado is invulnerable since he doesn't even gain damage when Yoshi FS fireball hits him point blank. >_>

Edit2: Ledgehopping confirmed and ledgehopping ledgestall confirmed.
http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml
Bowser goes to a ledge and gains invul-frames and then ledgejumps there at 1:14, but doesn't grab ahold of the ledge again since the platform is drifting away. But then Bowser does ledgehogs at 1:40 and is succesful.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could go to E for all.

We are counting on those that can go. Experiment with characters and do your best to confirm all that you can.
Sorry but with being low on money and having other stuff to do next week I had to make the decision not to go. A sad day indeed. But no worries. I'm sure some smash board peoples will get the juicy details.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
I dunno (I'm a professional Skeptic), it's a bit harder to tell this time around. It looks a little tighter than Melee, so the animations could just be slightly diffrent.
QFT. This is a demo, guys, They can fix it up and remove these in the final version, you know. I'm not saying I support/do not support them, but it's a possibility.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
About this "auto-lcancel", you know it exists in Melee too. If you land during certain frames of the attack then there is no need to L cancel.

Top Bottom