• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Link's Take Over - Q&A and General Link Discussion

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
well if i find a good sheik player (besides m2k, *******) ill ask n find out

but ya soul said u guys were talkin (since we all last played) and said that he or u mm the other. i kno me n kail got ours. wats the head count finna be at sweet II, i kno the last one looked like 20+ came, so i kno more finna b thur this time plus we finna b thur at least 6 deep

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
33 were at the last Sweet. Man I'm totally a good sheik player, or at least mained her long enough to know that (or know the game well enough to know throw knockback works)

cjugs

Smash Ace
No it has to do with the combination of knockback from the throw + the stun shes in + the speed in which ganon can grab again after the throw.
This also works against link but it's a little different.
It has to do with the gayness of sheik + the gayness of link being the most Chaingrabbable Character in the game combine that with the hate people have for link + him being a low tier = Sheik, Ganon, doc, mario are gay when it comes to thier grab games.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
This also works against link but it's a little different.
It has to do with the gayness of sheik + the gayness of link being the most Chaingrabbable Character in the game combine that with the hate people have for link + him being a low tier = Sheik, Ganon, doc, mario are gay when it comes to thier grab games.
lol, which overall creates an unbalanced equation in which link is equalivent to x given that x<y and y=mid tier or 0

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
so we got mad numbr of foxs at dis next tourney:-(, cjuggs y'all shuld deff make it up cuz ima need mad advice, I'm not doin well against fox at all

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
we can talk about this shiz bro.

hit me up on aim or we can talk at SWEET.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
iight i gotchu. cuz even PM was runnin me with fox last week at the Gameyard tourney. N with there bein him, u, toadster, scotu, acro n who ever else decides to pull out fox, its gonna be a long night for me

cjugs

Smash Ace
so we got mad numbr of foxs at dis next tourney:-(, cjuggs y'all shuld deff make it up cuz ima need mad advice, I'm not doin well against fox at all
Hahaha when and where? The best advice i can give in general is maybe try to not forget about crouch canceling alot of the time techy foxes think oh i'll just hit lots of buttons so crouch cancel dsmash works sometimes.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Hahaha when and where? The best advice i can give in general is maybe try to not forget about crouch canceling alot of the time techy foxes think oh i'll just hit lots of buttons so crouch cancel dsmash works sometimes.
good looks. its up here in MI at Michigan State in lansing. You shuld deff bring ya guys n come play.

Where has skler been and is it just me or has germs tech skilled gon way up? like he's always been highly technical but it seems to have stepped up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuEJ-KOmIg&feature=related

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
watching these sets makes me ask, what do u do if capt sneaks under u? do u space n try to catch him wit a nair? will u have the priority or will it rely on controller slot?

cjugs

Smash Ace
Falcon can only get u with a upair from like close range when you aren't close to the stage if you recover from low then he won't be able to get you.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Ah during the recovery... I see...

Well no one has ever tried that on me before, but that's just because they have bad experiences trying to edgeguard me... lol
If you airdodge at the right moment, he'll almost never get you with an UAir I believe. Even if he manages to get past it, you can still try to hit him with the hookshot as he's coming. I don't think it's that smart to edgeguard Link that way, especially for a Falcon haha

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
i jus saw scar do it to germ, lookin at it, i didnt see many signs of escape. falcon can hit ya still from quite a distance out. its wat makes him one of the better edge guards cuz he can recover from quite a lil distance out
my personal top 5 EGs
1.Peach
2.Jiggz
3.Link
4.Marth
5. ICs/Sheik/Falcon/Samus-depending mostly on the character their guarding

Skler

Smash Master
you cant edgeguard link.
Falcon edgeguards Link retardedly well! Just jump out and uair twice or something. You'll be fine. Weak knee to uair is also pretty sexy.

Falcon gets out there before Link is close enough to survive with airdodge-> hookshot most of the time. If Falcon is late he can still DJ and bair to cover Link's hookshot if he got the airdodge off. Of course that's when Link techs into a SKRAAA!, but that's so cool looking you can't even complain.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Falcon edgeguards Link retardedly well! Just jump out and uair twice or something. You'll be fine. Weak knee to uair is also pretty sexy.

Falcon gets out there before Link is close enough to survive with airdodge-> hookshot most of the time. If Falcon is late he can still DJ and bair to cover Link's hookshot if he got the airdodge off. Of course that's when Link techs into a SKRAAA!, but that's so cool looking you can't even complain.
so to sum this post up for you roneblaster falcon can ALMOST edguard a low tier :)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Skler comin out of mid field wit an amazing catch, thank u. Falcon can **** link off the board. u can defend a lot of things if he's sittin on the board waiting but if u jumps out from under u its ****, if u sweetspot, he can moonwalk, jump behind u approach wit uairs, so u HAVE to tech nair or get level spike

cjugs

Smash Ace
IDK i think if you recover from low and space it to where you hit falcon because odds are he's not used to playing link and when i played people and i ended up switching with them after they tried to edguard me and after that they just gave me the ledge so ide say a good falcon will probably give the ledge to you if you
**** him up a few times.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
right, ill switch it up, but ive been in situations where they will have every possible point covered. falcon on battlefields platform is mad dangerous. cuz he can come straight down on ur head and avoid being hit by ur up-b n grab the ledge, then roll. plus up there, he can creep behind u if u sweet, not to mention he can waveland off either the platform of the stage n the mind games he can create due to his speed is redic too

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice

Yes... but let's suppose that Falcon jumps off, you get your airdodge off and he misses his first aerial. The smartest thing to do here (if you know he'll DJ to an aerial again) is to just quickly reel in the hookshot. That would actually leave Falcon in a very bad position because Link is now hanging on the edge (if sweetspotted) / in edgeguard position (no sweetspot), and Falcon has used up his second jump, which leaves him very vulnerable to an edgeguard or a gimp. Of course, if he happens to UAir or BAir (for some reason...), you should be ready to tech the incoming hit.

So, I think that this kinda depends on wether you opponents predicts you, or you predict him.

I'm not actually contradicting your saying, don't get me wrong. I mean, who can POSSIBLY contradict the great Skler!? haha

It's just a second thought that ran through my head and I thought it should be said.

Skler

Smash Master
Yes... but let's suppose that Falcon jumps off, you get your airdodge off and he misses his first aerial. The smartest thing to do here (if you know he'll DJ to an aerial again) is to just quickly reel in the hookshot. That would actually leave Falcon in a very bad position because Link is now hanging on the edge (if sweetspotted) / in edgeguard position (no sweetspot), and Falcon has used up his second jump, which leaves him very vulnerable to an edgeguard or a gimp. Of course, if he happens to UAir or BAir (for some reason...), you should be ready to tech the incoming hit.

So, I think that this kinda depends on wether you opponents predicts you, or you predict him.

I'm not actually contradicting your saying, don't get me wrong. I mean, who can POSSIBLY contradict the great Skler!? haha

It's just a second thought that ran through my head and I thought it should be said.
If you reel in that quick you may get caught by the bair (assuming he didn't knee) and you will almost never actually sweetspot due to how quickly you reeled in. It's extremely rare to autosnap when you're trying to get past an edgeguarder, or at least it is for me.

cjugs

Smash Ace
If you reel in that quick you may get caught by the bair (assuming he didn't knee) and you will almost never actually sweetspot due to how quickly you reeled in. It's extremely rare to autosnap when you're trying to get past an edgeguarder, or at least it is for me.
Auto snap happens for me maybe 70 percent of the time i try to i think it has something to do with the timing.

huMps

Smash Ace
ya, auto snap isn't luck. There's a few different points where can get it. There's one thats pretty much immediatley when the grapple hits and another if you wait untill your just starting to fall. I judge it by the slack in the chain.

huMps

Smash Ace
No DBP. that's bull ****.
It's when you reel your self in at light speed, before your chain goes vertical.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ur chain doesnt have to be verticle to reel urself in so i guess cuz im a noob im a lil confused. so u can reel uself in a 0 degrees and 90 degrees, but anything in between snaps?

huMps

Smash Ace
jugs you are right it's from hiting to high on the edge but it's still bull **** lol.

DBP - watch hdl vs armada and relearn what it means to recover with link. He takes advantage of every option link has.

Skler

Smash Master
Link autosnaps if you wait a split second before reeling in once you hit. If somebody's edgeguarding you you generally don't have that time.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Hmm... is that true? Is it always the case? o.0
You can autosnap instantly if you hit the edge just right, waiting is never a good idea versus someone who can gimp you, Falco, fox, marth, peach.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
You can autosnap instantly if you hit the edge just right, waiting is never a good idea versus someone who can gimp you, Falco, fox, marth, peach.
Yeah yeah I know, I meant something else, you didn't quite get my point haha
Like, from what I understood from Skler's post:

"Link always autosnaps instantly if you wait a split second before reeling in. If you wait a while before reeling in, Link doesn't autosnap."

...Or was there some other meaning behind that? I'm confused x)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
DBP - watch hdl vs armada and relearn what it means to recover with link. He takes advantage of every option link has.
I kno peach I'm talkin bout falcon

So the tourney was legit, but like I said. First round winners I lost to a fox that placed 9th. Then beat a jiggz, a luigi n a marth just to barely lose to a ohio peach who tied for 6th I believe. So I got stuck in 13th place out of 36 I believe

Top Bottom