• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Link's Take Over - Q&A and General Link Discussion

huMps

Smash Ace
if you do it too often or if they just guess right your going to get fsmashed. Depends on there tendencies but like I constantly say I get ***** by falco.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Skler, Lord of the Southern Post:

I do plan on visting the wonderous coast of the East sometime soon. More specifically the weekend before the sunday where we give thanks to the pilgrims for having dinner on American soil? I will be attending the wonderous even titled simply "Revival of Melee 3"

- With the utmost respect,
Sir Roneblaster the Fierce

cjugs

Smash Ace

I do plan on visting the wonderous coast of the East sometime soon. More specifically the weekend before the sunday where we give thanks to the pilgrims for having dinner on American soil? I will be attending the wonderous even titled simply "Revival of Melee 3"

Take me with you!!!!

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
1st vid- :35 just didnt up-b, hit it a frame too son i think. 1:04 didnt expect my rang to lemme grab the ledge. 1:48 i expected my partner to grab the ledge and at the end i was more so just messing around

2nd vid-1:05 shuld that had been a fair? 2:52, dont ask

3rd vid- i was aiming for the platform and just missed it. 2:14 i wasnt expecting a dsmash, so no DI

lemme kno wat else i did wrong besides bein a noob

Skler

Smash Master

I shall send my fastest messenger to Pine inquiring about our official position on the Revival of Melee!

@cjugs, I've never used diigo, nor do I really know what it is. English major power!

Skler

Smash Master
Bah, I can write bibliographies in my sleep! Actually I hate them a lot, next time I'm writing a research paper I'll give those sites a whirl.

Thanks!

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Heya, been registered for a while and browsed this board mainly. I went to my first monthly in London earlier in the month and as I expected, I was *****. :D My question is, how important is wavedashing for Link? I've seen examples of good Link players who get by without it, but there were definitely points in the matches I played where upon reflection, if I could have wavedashed it wouldn't have landed me in as much trouble as whatever option I used did. I can't play regularly due to other stuff at the moment, but when I do get a chance to practise is it worth sitting down and solidly working on being able to Wavedash at a moment's notice?

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
havent gotten any feedback on my vids, guess they aint worth time, so i wont post any more. tourney is this weekend, hopefully i can get some kudos out there for link.

i think link's waveslide is only useful with mindgames

Skler

Smash Master
WDing is pretty useful for ending dashes and spacing at times. It's still faster than Link's walking speed (not faster than his run, but Link's DD is bad).

cjugs

Smash Ace
I'll try and comment but im horrible at teams so idk what i can do. If you want advice and people don't really comment try and pm someone who you think is good at stuff like that.

Skler

Smash Master
Are you telling me that emoness, which you hate, makes you emo? Then does your emoness increase your urge to cut yourself? Self-fulfilling prophecy!

Skler

Smash Master
None of them are near me, Pine had work in MA this morning so picking me up would have been 3 hours out of his way. Maine had a full car and I don't have an ocarina to call Epona.

cjugs

Smash Ace
None of them are near me, Pine had work in MA this morning so picking me up would have been 3 hours out of his way. Maine had a full car and I don't have an ocarina to call Epona.
I loled at this, so much in fact that i can't think of a funny response the best i can come up with is using midna to transport that was all i had.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
well the tourney we went to was a disaster, but i guess thats what happens when u go to a melee tourney bein hosted by a brawl player. tied for 2nd in teams n we never did get brackets going for pools, but i did take top in my pool. im still having a lot more trouble versing fox the falco. if u can keep above falco n his lasers, hes not too terrible if u can keep him off balance with projectiles, but waveshining is still killin me though

ps, did not know pika can uair u thru the stage on battle (if hes hangin on the ledge, he can drop down, jump under the stage n uair u thru the stage)

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
well the tourney we went to was a disaster, but i guess thats what happens when u go to a melee tourney bein hosted by a brawl player. tied for 2nd in teams n we never did get brackets going for pools, but i did take top in my pool. im still having a lot more trouble versing fox the falco. if u can keep above falco n his lasers, hes not too terrible if u can keep him off balance with projectiles, but waveshining is still killin me though

ps, did not know pika can uair u thru the stage on battle (if hes hangin on the ledge, he can drop down, jump under the stage n uair u thru the stage)
LOL pika is gay

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Anyone got an tourney info? Cjugs, when r u guys hosting again?

I never seen that bfo, granite it was my first time meeting and playing anther, but still. Mad pissed I ain't get any 1v1 on him, but I did wreck his partner. alomost lost a match in my pools to a sheik though, she is mad hard on kongo jungle. I think id rather ban that then final

Skler

Smash Master
Fox is harder than Falco, there's good reason to have more trouble with Fox. Falco is too slow to be as great of a threat. Unfortunately the pew pew pew is still insanely good. I've never had much trouble with his shine, you should know when he's going to do it and be able to SDI it out of range of a dair. The worst you'll usually catch if you SDI is a bair or nair.

Pika has a lot of stupid tricks, but Link can SKRAAAA through BF's bottom and still grab the edge!

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Ya I don't have much pika exp, I noticed I culd chain throw him sheik style. Dthrow, jab, grab. Jus a matter of knowin their di. N bair grqab works well too

cjugs

Smash Ace
Ya I don't have much pika exp, I noticed I culd chain throw him sheik style. Dthrow, jab, grab. Jus a matter of knowin their di. N bair grqab works well too
That doesn't work against anyone they can airdodge or jump out of that leaving you a sitting duck.
Idk me and roneblaster talked about having one but idk ill let u no

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No. That would mean Link's dthrow has a set knock back.

Hi link mains

Skler i heard you played a crewmate of mine a while back, Stratford?

Skler

Smash Master
Yeah, Stratford was really good. I feel like I'd never heard of him before and then he came out and did amazing with Fox. What the ****? I'm not used to seeing Fox players of that level just come out of the woodwork like that, but he's probably been active in the scene since I went semi-inactive due to school beating me up :(

I wish I could play him more, he's definitely got a ton of potential.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah he beats the hell out ofme. He's gone to the two ROMs and P4.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
No. That would mean Link's dthrow has a set knock back.
or that mayb sheik has a set knock back when shes thrown, cuz she reacts the same when i dthrow her with ICs too

anyone else have a comment on it?

Ay junglefever, we finna be playin PM next week, his fox is legit (he doesnt shine moonwalk like u but its str8 enuff fo sum fun dittos), u gonna be at SweetII, my teammate condemn said he's MM u

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No one has set knock back when thrown. Knockback is determined by the move used + character weight/floatiness. So as percents go up, knockback is going to go up.

Yeah, I'm hosting SWEET II lol so i'm gonna be there. I dont remember agreeing to an MM tho xD if i've got time then yea for sure.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Who sheik? Cuz doesn't she have the same bounce at 0% as at 100%?
i don't think you understand. When you dthrow any character w link (or prolly anyone else) and then grab before they hit the ground the jab won't put them on the ground if they are TRYING to jump or air dodge and link won't catch them regardless who or they are or what % they are at and they can prolly buffer spotdodge and miss your grab anyways so this tactic will not work on someone who is any good at all. Unless i'm wrong which i'm probable not.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
i don't think you understand. When you dthrow any character w link (or prolly anyone else) and then grab before they hit the ground the jab won't put them on the ground if they are TRYING to jump or air dodge and link won't catch them regardless who or they are or what % they are at and they can prolly buffer spotdodge and miss your grab anyways so this tactic will not work on someone who is any good at all. Unless i'm wrong which i'm probable not.
O I understand, I'm talkin bout just with sheik. She doesn't bounce the same way with exception of di? I don't have the game so I can't look it up. Isn't that why she can be chaingrabbed by ganon

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No it has to do with the combination of knockback from the throw + the stun shes in + the speed in which ganon can grab again after the throw.

Top Bottom