• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link semi-chain grab

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I was messing around once while practicing as Link and I was just using his grabs, wondering, "Can Link chain grab?" Yes. Well sort of. By using the forward through a few times, you can do a semi chain grab (I call it a semi-chain grab because it only works to 21%(I think)). It's good for building damage and you don't have to move much because the Claw shot is long enough. It works better on middle weight class characters (e.g. Mario, Luigi people that about that size) but doesn't (strangely enough) work too well on heavies and small characters. But use at your own risk. As all Link players know, the Clawshot has a lot of lag on the ground if you miss and could be a fatal mistake if you miss. So be warned.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Though I never tested it I wonder if he has a Release CG against anybody. They just found out Yoshi had one against wario...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Though I never tested it I wonder if he has a Release CG against anybody. They just found out Yoshi had one against wario...
oh? sounds interesting. i'll try the release CG. I suppose it would work with Link seeing how he has the Claw Shot goes pretty far.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
yeah I tried I dont think it works. when ever I release, Sonic was in his normal stance. so i dont think it works.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well you have to try it on more characters. Since every character has different escape properties when it comes to getting grabbed what happens for one character doesnt apply to all of them and vise verse.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Oh really? The down throw? I never thought about the down throw....
It can actually be a pretty good chain grab on Wolf if you grab out of your shield and if your opponent is stupid enough to come back to attack you after the knockback--you know, like a CPU. :laugh:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
>_> lol at my thread. HEY BLU LINK, LEARN TO ENGLISH. I disproved this awhile ago. Geez. The real CG is in Dthrow not Fthrow.

sasook

Smash Champion
Well, Blubba taught me that grab release -> dsmash doesn't always work.

......several times

......it was painful

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Two R.O.B. players taught me that he's one of Link's worst match-ups.

Lets just say my ass hurt after I got ledge-guarded like a champ.... I HATE ROB!!! UGH, HE'S NOT EVEN AN IMPORTANT NINTENDO CHARACTER, JUST SOME STUPID ROBOT WHO WAS USED FOR TWO FRIGGIN GAMES!!!! HOW IS HE BETTER THAN NINTENDO'S BEST CHARACTER... TELL ME!!!! :mad:

/really long rant

P.S. I'm not mad at all, I just capitalized to add dramatic tension.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Two R.O.B. players taught me that he's one of Link's worst match-ups.

Lets just say my ass hurt after I got ledge-guarded like a champ.... I HATE ROB!!! UGH, HE'S NOT EVEN AN IMPORTANT NINTENDO CHARACTER, JUST SOME STUPID ROBOT WHO WAS USED FOR TWO FRIGGIN GAMES!!!! HOW IS HE BETTER THAN NINTENDO'S BEST CHARACTER... TELL ME!!!! :mad:

/really long rant

P.S. I'm not mad at all, I just capitalized to add dramatic tension.
He was their gimmick when they wanted to test out making a home console again when home console systems were dead and Arcades were the rage. Him and Duck Hunt. He helped make Nintendo as a video game console possible so I guess they feel obligated to make him a goofy armed character. I fear him more than Metaknight...

As for the thread sometimes I like to grab someone with the hookshot and just start pounding on them as hard as I can until they release themselves then do another jab cancel while they're in recoil and go for the Hookshot again. After two times they won't normally fall for it a 3rd time.

Bouse

Smash Ace
R.O.B. is definitely a nuisance I'll give him that... but not all that scary.

I should really write some sort of guide... you know... with character match-ups in it...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I remember something like that, Bouse...
Had something to do with really bad cheese puns... We really liked it before -and- after the cheesy puns.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Link can chain grab a Wolf 3 times by throwing down

Yeah...
I do that to my brother lol, an idea on the health percentages? Like can I only do this when he has 0%? We haven't played in a while, I was really excited about this when I did it though.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
well

i like Dthrowing anyone and then just doing a reverse dash grab when they come back... kinda like a Cg but it isnt.

as far as grab release goes, Link get's to murder the living crap out of the bigheads. (Ness + Lucas) not only can Link regrab them before they can get out (although the timing is hard) but you can ALWAYS land a free Dsmash on them. free KO strategy? sure why not. lol

sasook

Smash Champion
Blubba knows everything about grabs. Seriously, his grabbing is superb, so much to the point that it was painful.

.......at least for me it was, he was probably enjoying it.

sasook

Smash Champion
lol, it inspired me. I was always a grabby Link, and usually I can land them pretty consistently.....except against you.

BTW, your Link is the best I've seen at using jabs and jab cancels. Real jab cancels, not the falso jab canceling Link AT.

Top Bottom