• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link, not the only Lefty in Brawl?

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
You have too much time on your hands if you pay attention to stuff like this.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
So, if link is a lefty, and Toon link oone too?

Oh, and being, a lefty, this thread makes me feel happy inside...

Natolis

Smash Cadet
nice noticing now i dont have to pick sumone and link for my ambidextrous doubles
i no it sounds wierd but we pick are doubles out of a hat

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the characters seem left handed, because of the way they stand. Have you ever noticed that most characters seem to be somewhat facing the camera when they are moving right? This puts their left hand in front. Whenever they are moving left, their backs seem to be pointed at the camera, again putting their left hand forward, and visually, this makes a left-handed attack seem to make more sense to the viewer. Just think about how long it took most people to realize all the characters are lefties. (and this really doesn't mean that they are all really left handed) I'm not sure, but I think the facing right is a reference to a lot of the old side scrollers, most of which went left to right, and a lot of the characters come from side scrollers, so this makes sense.

kattenberg

Smash Rookie
Falco's strongest hits on his armed based movements (Jab, Utilt, Nair, Fsmash) is with his Left Hand. He even puts his Left hand slightly more forward than his Right Hand when doing the Fsmash. He also grabs the ledge with his Left. However, he shoots with his Right Hand. Possible reason on why he shoots slow?
Falco doesn't have hands.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I sometimes use Bowser as secondary character, but never noticed he's a lefty. But I do know Link is a lefty. Also, notice how Donkey Kong is ambidexterous, possibly the only ambidexterous character.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has the OP checked what hands right handed characters use for items? That's right, their left.

Why? Simple (and logical). How weird wouldn't it look if, for example, Zelda used her left hand for items? Certain held items still allow normal U- and D-tilts and smashes. How weird wouldn't it look if Zelda U-tilted while holding a Beam-Sword? And it also introduces the dilemma of having to include the Beam-Sword as a hitbox in her U-tilt.

And then there's Link (and characters like him). Link already holds a sword in his left hand...

Uffe

Smash Hero
You can pretty much tell who is left handed and who is right handed. Characters with a weapon already in their hand will hold the other item in the other hand. A character like Samus is right handed but holds items with her left one because her right hand has an Arm Cannon or a Plasma Gun.

iggy204

Smash Rookie
But you know what they say about leftys....they're communists who cannot forget the cold war and want to destroy the world and kill innocent people.
hey i find that very offensive as do all the other left-handed people out their that read your post. your... your... ypur a meanie bobini !

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
i write lefty but do everything else righty :/ i dont know what i am :[ but i do main link and he is lefty :D

EDIT: other than pool with i play left handed

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
You can pretty much tell who is left handed and who is right handed. Characters with a weapon already in their hand will hold the other item in the other hand. A character like Samus is right handed but holds items with her left one because her right hand has an Arm Cannon or a Plasma Gun.
Are ZSS and Samus both right-handed?

I wonder what hand Ivysaur is...

Shadowmaster9000

Smash Rookie
i write lefty but do everything else righty :/ i dont know what i am :[ but i do main link and he is lefty :D

EDIT: other than pool with i play left handed
I'm pretty similar in that aspect too. I do most stuff with my left hand, yet when I handle cutlery, I always hold my fork in my left and my knife in my right like a right handed person.

Also I think the reason the majority of smash characters hold onto the stage with their left hand is cause they hold items in their right hand.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
AHA you didnt know that ganons B move is with his left cuz it looks like its with his RIGHT!!! ZOMG warlock PUNCH IS LEFTY GUYZ CHECK IT OUT IM SERRRS

im actually serious btw.

Top Bottom