• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link, not the only Lefty in Brawl?

Mmac

Smash Lord
So when I was playing with a Bowser one day, I notice something extremely odd about his attacks. I couldn't figure it out until I looked closely, and What I found out that Bowser attacks Left Handed! It's true!

Ftilt is with his Left
Utilt is with his Left
Dtilt, his strongest hit is with his left
Fair is with his Left
Uair is with his Left
DownB on the Rise, it looks like he's doing an uppercut with his left
And when he grabs the ledge, it's with his left!

The only thing weird is that his SideB is with his Right, and same with the 2nd hit on his Jab combo.

However it isn't just Bowser, Some other characters look like they're a lefty as well.

With the exception of her Utilt, Zelda uses her Left Hand for all of her moves, and uses Din's Fire with her left.

Sheik uses her Left Hand for all of her Armed Based Moves (Jab, Fair), She throws needles with her Left, and uses the Chain with her left. She also grabs the stage with her Left

It's also interesting to point out that Ganondorf is the only Zelda Character Right Handed....

Yoshi, while barley using his arms, throws Eggs with his left, and grabs the stage with his left.

Ice Climbers carry and use their Hammers with their left hands. Pretty visible, but I never noticed before

Falco's strongest hits on his armed based movements (Jab, Utilt, Nair, Fsmash) is with his Left Hand. He even puts his Left hand slightly more forward than his Right Hand when doing the Fsmash. He also grabs the ledge with his Left. However, he shoots with his Right Hand. Possible reason on why he shoots slow?

All that said, all of these characters when picking up an item, hold and use it with the Right Hand. Could it be just a Possible Oversight from the programmers?

I know it's pretty pointless information, but it's probably interesting and something you didn't know, and just wanted to share with you.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
BOWSER IS A LEFTY?!??!?

You sir, have changed my life.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Wow, awesome observations... I never even thought about characters being rightys and leftys.

With the items thing though... my guess is that they save their strongest hands for their attacks... either that, or they're all just ambidextrious and just perfer using their lefts...

But yeah, awesome observation dude. I woulda never looked into it.

crewster

Smash Lord
So when I was playing with a Bowser one day, I notice something extremely odd about his attacks. I couldn't figure it out until I looked closely, and What I found out that Bowser attacks Left Handed! It's true!

Ftilt is with his Left
Utilt is with his Left
Dtilt, his strongest hit is with his left
Fair is with his Left
Uair is with his Left
DownB on the Rise, it looks like he's doing an uppercut with his left
And when he grabs the ledge, it's with his left!

The only thing weird is that his SideB is with his Right, and same with the 2nd hit on his Jab combo.

However it isn't just Bowser, Some other characters look like they're a lefty as well.

With the exception of her Utilt, Zelda uses her Left Hand for all of her moves, and uses Din's Fire with her left.

Sheik uses her Left Hand for all of her Armed Based Moves (Jab, Fair), She throws needles with her Left, and uses the Chain with her left. She also grabs the stage with her Left

It's also interesting to point out that Ganondorf is the only Zelda Character Right Handed....

Yoshi, while barley using his arms, throws Eggs with his left, and grabs the stage with his left.

Ice Climbers carry and use their Hammers with their left hands. Pretty visible, but I never noticed before

Falco's strongest hits on his armed based movements (Jab, Utilt, Nair, Fsmash) is with his Left Hand. He even puts his Left hand slightly more forward than his Right Hand when doing the Fsmash. He also grabs the ledge with his Left. However, he shoots with his Right Hand. Possible reason on why he shoots slow?

All that said, all of these characters when picking up an item, hold and use it with the Right Hand. Could it be just a Possible Oversight from the programmers?

I know it's pretty pointless information, but it's probably interesting and something you didn't know, and just wanted to share with you.
Wow! just wow!

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
So? R.O.B. seems to be left too BTW. But I have already noticed this long ago, I just did not care enough to make a topic about it....

Links means left in Dutch.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
But you know what they say about leftys....they're communists who cannot forget the cold war and want to destroy the world and kill innocent people.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Mario Superstar Baseball, although Bowser was left handed with the bat, he was right handed with pitching and fielding.

Oddly enough, all the players from Mario Power Tennis were right handed with the tennis rackets.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But you know what they say about leftys....they're communists who cannot forget the cold war and want to destroy the world and kill innocent people.

*cough*

Ah, look at the time. It seems I need to tend to other matters. Good day.

For the most part, a lot of characters seem "ambidextrous." Marth and Ike use their left hand to use items for obvious reasons .

kr3wman

Smash Master
Shigeru created his characters left-handed because he was left-handed.

No surprise there.

And beside, it's not like they're really left-handed, because, you know, they don't exist.

Mmac

Smash Lord
So? R.O.B. seems to be left too BTW. But I have already noticed this long ago, I just did not care enough to make a topic about it....
I noticed that too, but he uses both his hands for almost everything he does, so he seems to be more equal handed than left handed

You missed one thing. What hand does Mario use his forward smash with?
I found that strange too, but thats the only thing he uses with his left hand. Everything else is with his Right.

You must be one of those people that randomly press start during a brawl to study the details, my friends like that
Yeah, I'm a very observant person.

I can't believe I forgot Crazy Hand! >_<

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts

Oddly enough, all the players from Mario Power Tennis were right handed with the tennis rackets.

Although, by pressing the L button with the controller changes them from righty handed to left handed. ;)

Very interesting information indeed OP. ;)

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
But Falco's F-Smash involves him using Both hands, also the Jab. Some characters(like Fox) barley use their hands...

Mmac

Smash Lord
But Falco's F-Smash involves him using Both hands, also the Jab.
I know, but if you watch closely, he puts his Left Hand slightly more forward than his right. Also he rotates in Clockwise, putting his Left Hand in a better position to strike

Ilex

Smash Ace
Ivysaur is ambisinister (No-handed) :p

G&W is left handed too. He swings his match, flag, frying pan, and pumps his exterminator all with his left hand. This makes me happy because I main him and I'm left-handed.

EDIT: I'm a moron. The hand G&W uses changes based on which way he faces >>;

ndubya

Smash Rookie
i only noticed that Zelda used her left hand for Dins Fire.

but Bowser, a lefty. That surprised me.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ness is Right Handed, Kirby is also possibly a Righty

He Turbo Jabs with his left, and holds the ledge with his left (If I can remember), but he holds the Sword/Hammer with his right

Top Bottom