• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link is TRASH(vs samus)=CLOSED!! NO MORE POSTING PLZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'll play you xyro, although saying this doesn't really prove anything I also play chaos and blubba frequently and do pretty well against them, I just want to have a chance in playing someone good regardless of me losing or not although WiFi isn't a perfect place to prove anything. My fc is 1762-2753-2915

you can also contact me much easier on my AIM, YIM, or MSN which you can check for in my contact info and also in the link finder thread.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok guys this is the last night for this thread. if you want to play me. plz POST NOW.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Sure why not I'm bored.

msg me on AIM, lagtest first. Conn has been odd today.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Giving you another 8 minutes, then I'm poppin' off. I gotta be awake in 7 hours.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Waiting on you... join when ready. I'm giving you till 1 AM.

Bouse

Smash Ace
The lag was a pain in the *** most times but gg's. My conn has been kinda choppy all day, god knows why... maybe my hamster is getting tired :X.

Last match had the best moment though... trip-->fsmash.

Anyhell, nite.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Awesome. You're very good Xyro.

I was getting frustrated in the final matches, im not much of a Wifi player with Link b/c my game suffers from lag but i can clearly see you're a very good Samus. Havent faced a Samus like that.

Xyro77

nah. its got till midnite tonite. i extended it cause i missed a few days cause of hurrican ike. ill play more people tonight around 10ish

Izaw

Smash Ace
Xyro...seriously.. trying to prove something over wifi -_-? WIFI??

Not saying your bad, your probably really good, but we don't need wifi matches to know how bad Link is.

Link sucks on Wifi. Also Wifi sucks more

Bouse

Smash Ace
Xyro...seriously.. trying to prove something over wifi -_-? WIFI??

Not saying your bad, your probably really good, but we don't need wifi matches to know how bad Link is.

Link sucks on Wifi. Also Wifi sucks more
Shhh...

We all know wifi is terrible, it's no real biggie ;)

It's not like he's going to shout it from the rooftops that he beat a bunch of random Link mains on wifi. That would be nonsense. I assume he's just trying to gauge the match-up since Link mains are few and far between.

Otherwise if he were to encounter a Link in a tournament setting he'd be surprised by random AT's that would be thrown at him.

Until he plays you, Deva, Legan, or Arkive he doesn't have much to brag about. Though I will say that without a doubt he's a great Samus player, it's nice to see people being good with characters who have been dumped at the bottom of the "tier list".

Edit: That being said Xyro, I may have to pick up Samus since I'm an ex-ZSS main. Being able to change mid-match to counter match-ups would be hotsauce. Good players like you, regardless of how cocky they can be at times, are inspirations to the Smash Community. Unlike relentless tier whores like M2K.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Yeah, I really never saw this as something to brag about. Link sucks on Wifi, hard. I haven't played WiFi since April and I was amazed at how many times I ended up doing nothing (or something entirely different than what I was trying to) because the input timing was messed up.

Im also aware that shis may have occured to Xyro sometimes, it's Wifi.

But like Bouse said, I guess he just wanted to gauge the matchup, and I wanted to play a good Samus b/c theres no Samus main in my area but I may encounter one someday. I entered the matches with no experience whatsoever on the Samus matchup and I was benefited from this a great deal even though I couldnt play how I wanted.

So really, no shame in losing.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Xyro wasn't really "that" hard. I know, I had a tough time trying to get him offstage, and avoid his gimps, but overall I did defeat him.

I'm quite surprised, that mostly all of you guys haven't even won a game, against him.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Do you know how bad the lag could mess Link's game? Do you imagine that added to the fact that I hadnt play Wifi at all since April. And added to that that I hadnt played any good Samus before. I can assure you I can play better face2face.

Im no pushover, however I accept defeat, he did outperformed me. But like I said, does it weight that much winning or losing over wifi? Most of the people I defeated consistenly in real life kept winning over wifi back then, so I quit. I only play wifi for fun, or for doing something im unable to do IRL.

Not to say Im better that Xyro, because probably Im not. But honestly, I cant take wifi that serious. Congrats on winning agasnt him, It means you're a great Link player, but also good at wifi. I suck at wifi.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Do you know how bad the lag could mess Link's game? Do you imagine that added to the fact that I hadnt play Wifi at all since April. And added to that that I hadnt played any good Samus before. I can assure you I can play better face2face.

Im no pushover, however I accept defeat, he did outperformed me. But like I said, does it weight that much winning or losing over wifi? Most of the people I defeated consistenly in real life kept winning over wifi back then, so I quit. I only play wifi for fun, or for doing something im unable to do IRL.

Not to say Im better that Xyro, because probably Im not. But honestly, I cant take wifi that serious. Congrats on winning agasnt him, It means you're a great Link player, but also good at wifi. I suck at wifi.
I was Link, and I was on Wifi to against him.

4Serial

Smash Lord
I don't like using Wifi as a john because he had to suffer from the lag too. But Link is terrible on Wifi lol. Being second from the bottom of the tier list + massively dumbed down on wifi. I'm not really sure how Samus' situation is, but either way, Xyro is really good.

Jink

Smash Apprentice
WTF is wrong with everyone complaining?

I mean you all could have just left the challenge if the connection wasn't work well :ohwell:, and not get that defeated so then you could keep on bashing the character you use.

Lag messes everyone, so if the
Lesbo beats you like he did then that's that. Enough already!

He must have had problems too, is not like one can control the lag, and lag does not differ from the ppl playing, if you got lagged then he got lagged too.

Lesbo, I'll be playing at 10pm if its still ok with you.

And you all know what?, what the
Lesbo did in fact is a good idea, challenge and score out the outcome, it might help the motivation.

sasook

Smash Champion
and lag does not differ from the ppl playing, if you got lagged then he got lagged too..
Actually, lag on both sides is never the same, but it can be extremely similar. I know it doesn't disprove your point at all, I'm just being nit-picky.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
True that both sides get more or less equal amount of lag.

But whats really bad about lag is that it messes up button inputs, and as a result, commands get lost.

Link suffers from button command loss the most because he's so technical. So a Link player generally has a harder time playing on wifi than anyone else.

So in the end: Advantage Samus. And boasting about it has no point.

It's almost like brawl on Wifi is like a completely different game. Beating someone on Wifi doesn't mean your as good offline. Your just better at playing on Wifi than the other person. I know I got ***** on wifi the first time I played cuz I noticed my spot dodges were always a half a second late.

4Serial

Smash Lord
It does make a difference, especially between characters. Link gets massively downgraded and then Ike and Wolf get upgraded. Like I said before, I don't know much about Samus, but she definitely doesn't get it worse than Link. It doesn't matter though, I'm not making any johns about my loss from Xyro, he's really good.

Crow!

Smash Lord

It's almost like brawl on Wifi is like a completely different game...
It's not ALMOST a different game, it IS a completely different game. It is a fair game, but almost nothing that works great online works well offline, or vice versa. Defensive/reactive players take the hardest hit, as by the time you know what the necessary response is, it's too late to input that response.

Incidentally, I think Samus should take as much of a hit to his game as Link does.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Jink, I think you've misunderstood, I don't need to complain, Since I did beat him.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
WTF is wrong with everyone complaining?

I mean you all could have just left the challenge if the connection wasn't work well :ohwell:, and not get that defeated so then you could keep on bashing the character you use.
This X10 That's why I refuse to play him if he's gonna keep score.

I want to play him because he's Xyro. Not to defend Link. Defending Link online is like trying to defend pichu in melee. There is no point. Link is Bad Online because Any Lag can easily mess up AT input and he's already a bad character in the game.

Why do you want to go fight xyro under those conditions, makes no sense to me.

And yes Kalm. Congrats. You beat him. We all know. Props to you.

There are probably a lot of other people that can beat Xyro but won't play him for the reasons i stated above.

Xyro77

im not braging. im doing this for MULTIPLE reasons. no of which is to brag. Im on till midnite and then i shut this thing down. Line em' up,ladies

Finns7

Smash Ace
I had no wifi atm. I havent played brawl online in soooooo long. I played tonight wit a pal, and it was laggin. You can fix this by fighting more online and getting used too it. The endless summer nights of me brawlin helped my online game. Utilmately its your decision to brawl the person, no one forced you too do it if you lose you lose vice versa. I understand you can have problems though like one time I was fighting in a online tourney and my mom was yelling at me and I ended up losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom