• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so I'm new to the Smash scene and was wondering if this was a thread that shared tips for playing as Link. I have seen the guides on Smashboards and was just looking for even more information for being a Link main.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, so I'm new to the Smash scene and was wondering if this was a thread that shared tips for playing as Link. I have seen the guides on Smashboards and was just looking for even more information for being a Link main.
Do yourself a favour and forget everything you learned in those 'guides' then read through our stickied threads, notably the first three posts of the metagame thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/link...rmative-quotes-can-be-found-in-the-op.379659/

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
That's great you're going to a regional! Are your brothers going too?

Also, you silly goose, Cloud isn't even out yet, how could you possibly co-main him?
Yeah, both of my younger brothers are going too. Hey! I'm just picking Cloud up as a secondary, so you won't ever see him in tournament play.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Did some diggin' for the mysterious golden Link, Rooky, who placed top 17th at Smashcon, taking out Logic. Here's some games of him wifi-ing with Link boards acquaintance Lord Xav1er. His Youtube channel is Xtian S. Here's an older Link ditto with Locuan.

No idea why New England is so bad with uploading sets, and he has one of the worst usernames ever to look for ("Rooky", cuuum on") so don't know about results in his own region either. Locuan Locuan you said he's your Link teacher, can you help us out?

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Did some diggin' for the mysterious golden Link, Rooky, who placed top 17th at Smashcon, taking out Logic. Here's some games of him wifi-ing with Link boards acquaintance Lord Xav1er. His Youtube channel is Xtian S. Here's an older Link ditto with Locuan.

No idea why New England is so bad with uploading sets, and he has one of the worst usernames ever to look for ("Rooky", cuuum on") so don't know about results in his own region either. Locuan Locuan you said he's your Link teacher, can you help us out?
Stalkfire

Rizen

Smash Legend
I redeemed myself for playing poorly a few days ago on SSB4 wifi :). I always need to shake the rust off after a hiatus.

I've been helping my family out a lot, going on walks, etc recently. I'll be glad when Xenoblade CX launches on the 4th; it's about time we got a new open world game.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
stfu weebs, go litter the robin boards with your childish trash

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

I've tried convincing him to join Smashboards but to no luck. I'll try talking to him again. He's actually not active going to tournaments (he does but not frequently) and is mostly a wi-fi warrior. If you'd all like, let me know what you'd like to tell him and I'll annoy him with that :p

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
So today I was on a date a :4zelda:in 2v2 FG. We won our first match by a pretty sick clutch lightning kick KO she got within the last 5 seconds. Then suddenly she DC'd and this ended up happening...

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Update: He said he would join Smashboards. Let's see how that goes. I'll also remember to stream the matches I play against him since I do so quite frequently (in fact we did so this weekend).

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
So apparently theres recently been a player ranking list released for my country based on several of our larger tournaments (all consist out of 60+ players I believe) and Im ranked 5th: http://www.byocontroller.nl/ranking/
I suppose its not too bad for playing link, especially considering everyone else in the top 10 uses high/top tiers

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Link Boards....
I am very, very disappointed in you. We just got Zelda Wii U footage, yet no analysis from you guys have been put on my desk! You are a disgrace to the Goddesses! Now quit moaning about Waifu's, Cloud, and Anime, and let's talk about what really matters!

Luckily, regarding that analysis, I have already created one. In my alter ego of course, but I will easily translate myself for you.
Anyway, my little Deku Scrubs, I wanted to point out some stuff to you, mostly regarding your supposed hero.
First, let's take a look.

First thing to point out...... That is a huge sword. It looks like it could cleave a Darknut straight down the middle! So it seems like the return of a 2 handed sword again makes its way into the Zelda series. But what will come out of Gameplay? Will Link be a more elegant swordsman this time around? Will he be more weak? Will he be more strong? This also looks like it may be an option for Link to use, and if wanted, you crybabies will probably get your traditional one handed sword. So this can possibly lead to Link having multiple weapons in his arsenal this time around. How... Interesting.

There is also one thing that I cannot believe you fools haven't noticed.
It's the book at his side.

Look at that. That is quite interesting.. Yet Link also deems it important to always have it on him like his Bow and Sword. What is it used for? It has the same blue hue as Link's arrow shown in the trailer. Is this what gives Link his time warping abilities? Hmmph.... I guess only time may tell, but it is very interesting.... An actual usable book hasn't been present since ALttP with the Book of Mudora, yet this books seems to be fifty times more important.

Now here's something that isn't quite relevant to story or gameplay, but immersion. You can see Goats frolicking in the field in the top right. Reminds me of you guys! This shows the extent that wildlife will return to the Zelda series, and the immersion it will present.

Other general things to note is that the game looks a lot more polished than it did last year. The lighting is more stable, the game seems to run a lot smoother, even Epona's hair animations look a lot better. I can't believe you imbeciles glossed over this information as if it were a mere triviality.

But do not worry, Uncle Ganondorf is back to baby you guys and make sure you guys hit the important things in life... Before I destroy it.
*shrugs*

Sorry. I was a little to busy trying not to throw up with how ugly TP HD looks to not notice it these finer details in Zelda U trailer. Also, too hype form Cloud and FE:Fates. Though now that you say them, they are some pretty interesting details for 30 second trailer. With the sword, I too notice that it was absurdly long, at least when you compare to the length of the last couple of swords he has used. I would say that you are correct in saying that we might se the return of two handed swords.

Thought one question is still yet to be answered. Why the emphasis on Link using a Bow? Is he a hunter of some kind?

Anyway, great analysis of the footage, Uncle Logjam. Keep up the good work

:135:

rooky711

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlendedSmoothie

Hi Dumbfire,
Thanks for the compliments. Shoutout to Locuan Locuan for being so persuasive. Sooo. Whats up?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Hi Dumbfire,
Thanks for the compliments. Shoutout to Locuan Locuan for being so persuasive. Sooo. Whats up?
Greetings. Don't forget to check out the stickied threads that we have for useful information.
I'd love to hear about your experience at SmashCon. 17th out of over 300 with just Link? That's a massive feat.

rooky711

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlendedSmoothie
Greetings. Don't forget to check out the stickied threads that we have for useful information.
I'd love to hear about your experience at SmashCon. 17th out of over 300 with just Link? That's a massive feat.
Id be happy to tell you about it. I lost to Fatality (C. Falcon) and a Sonic user. I did pretty well considering that was my first competitive outing. I still have a ton to learn about the competitive MUs, and still have plenty of room for improvement. I feel like I have the fundamentals down for using Link; it is the advanced techniques I must get fully acquainted with if I really want to shine in the competitive scene.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Alright, I've done my research. Here are rooky711 rooky711 's bracket adventure at SSC.

Wave 1 Pools: http://supersmashcon.challonge.com/d211 (nobody filled in any wave 1 pools brackets, but I assume no losses)
Wave 2 Pools: http://supersmashcon.challonge.com/g204 (Loses to Fatality in Winners Round 3 of wave 2, beats Aposl in Losers to make it to Top 32)
Top 32 Bracket: http://supersmashcon.challonge.com/wiiusingles (Loses to PG|ESAM in Winners Round 1 of top 32, and is knocked out of bracket by Kai in Losers Round 2 of top 32)

The highlight matches are of course his battles with Fatality, Aposl, ESAM, Logic and Kai. I'll search the vods and try to get the footage of each of these battles if I can. Overall, very impressive for someone's first competitive outing.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
i dream of the day there will finally be good sm4sh link players.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Many of the Links here endlessly complaining don't even have elementary fundamentals down. you can complain about your character when he's holding you back, but more often it's you

Top Bottom