• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
you can complain about your character when he's holding you back, but more often it's you
I'll be damned if this isn't true. Sometimes when I'm trying to practice consistent bombslides (I'm consistent enough that I'm at the 4th stage of competence, but you can never be too consistent) and I keep flubbing, I look at my hands and think, why don't you do what I ask you?!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I swear nintendo

If Skull kid is apart of HW story and Young Link (or even Toon Link) isn't, I will be very unhappy.

I remastered this social thread in HD graphics! Doesn't it look amazing?!!!
:p
Better than TP HD graphics :p

:135:

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Friendlies and exhibition matches today at Drop Zone, Saturday and Sunday are the real thing. Dumbfire Dumbfire promised me "an amazing evening" if I made it out of pools.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Friendlies and exhibition matches today at Drop Zone, Saturday and Sunday are the real thing. Dumbfire Dumbfire promised me "an amazing evening" if I made it out of pools.
I don't remember doing that, but sure

Btw, now that we found Rooky, I've discovered more about another missing Link, the Japanese T who once took a (lol wifi) set from Abadango's Pacman. Meru, another elite from the Smash 4 backroom, has apparently spoken to him when he was in Japan for a year! FSK was always horny for him but he appears to be gone for now...

Last edited:

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
So I played Jtails on stream earlier this night, and 2-0'd his Bowser Jr., so that's kinda cool I guess. I can upload if you wish.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So I played Jtails on stream earlier this night, and 2-0'd his Bowser Jr., so that's kinda cool I guess. I can upload if you wish.
Yeah, I saw that actually. Too bad there was lag according to him....or was there? Inb4 wifi johns. J/k at least JTails was cool about it.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Although it looks like you did somewhat decent in your pool KidLink? I went 1-2, but I do think I'm actually improving a good bit. I found out afterwards that the player I got demolished by in my first loss was the best Yoshi in the state (Frazzio), and I lost my second match to a very patient Sonic. With the Sonic I started getting a bunch more hits by the end by baiting him, but still lost anyways.

Last edited:

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Got 13th out of 122 entrants. Only went Link. I think I did pretty well for someone who's not top 10 in my state. Will post results when the tourney is done.

On a side note, I took a game off of JJROCKETS! HOLY CRAP!

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
What is it with Links and getting bodied on stream?
Based on how Drop Zone's stream was, basically they try to put a good player on stream playing someone. They might also think "hey there's a half-decent Link, let's put him on too". Problem is that most of the Links playing on stream are by default playing opponents that are just much better than them imo (aka the XX seed playing the 1 seed in any sport).

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
They always put top seeds on regardless of who they are facing, often dismissing far more interesting, evenly matched matches. It's why we have dozens of videos of Zero vs random from pools and not Scizor vs Pink Fresh (which he won). An idiotic and callous thing, usually done to satiate the fans who have built a cult of personality around vidya game players (lol). The nervous opponents are bodied on stream and often feel humiliated while very interesting players don't get any attention. The amount of times I've wanted to see a match streamed but instead got first seed (Zero) vs last seed is uncountable.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I should play smash more. When I play a few days in a row my consistency rises dramatically. I got some wifi games on the smash latter yesterday :)

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
What is it with Links and getting bodied on stream?
You play on streams a lot?

Although it looks like you did somewhat decent in your pool KidLink? I went 1-2, but I do think I'm actually improving a good bit. I found out afterwards that the player I got demolished by in my first loss was the best Yoshi in the state (Frazzio), and I lost my second match to a very patient Sonic. With the Sonic I started getting a bunch more hits by the end by baiting him, but still lost anyways.
I did alright I guess. My main focus was on Melee this time around, and not Sm4sh, so I came unprepared. I went looking for you, but didn't see you there. I asked some dude wearing an elf ears hat who was playing as Link in friendlies if he was you, but he wasn't.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
I asked some dude wearing an elf ears hat who was playing as Link in friendlies if he was you, but he wasn't.
Lol, that's definitely Kaito-****. He's a Link main at my local scene.

EDIT: Uh, not sure why it censored that. Must be a slur I guess, but it's supposed to be short for raccoon using the last four letters.

Last edited:

Mikeyxrage

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeyRage
Catana I still have no idea who you are though you seemed to know me. I can only think of one person with the name cat, catapukey? Name was something like that anyway it's been a few years so. Used march and link?

As a side note I'm the only mikey I know that plays link plus I don't know any other British links but if there is any give me a shout out.

Last edited:

RyuIsDio

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! this may be a little unreal (Maybe even some of you know It) But, when I was In training mode. I jab locked Captain Falcon with down tilt (Note I was turned around, and I don't know how It had hit him) Can someone explain how this happened, If you know of course.

Mikeyxrage

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeyRage
You hit him with the spike hitbox is the only thing I can thing of that happend.

Last edited:

Mikeyxrage

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeyRage
You can't lock him as such it'll force them into a forced get up where you can get a free smash or grab, never be something you could use in an actual match though.

RyuIsDio

Smash Rookie
You can't lock him as such it'll force them into a forced get up where you can get a free smash or grab, never be something you could use in an actual match though.
I know what It Is, I've like the rest of you, played this game all my years, but not competitively though, and It's really Impractical In a Match, I know, I just wanted to share, Haha.

Mikeyxrage

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeyRage
Lol yeah I think links hitbox goes slightly behind him which is why it still hit (at least it did on brawl I've not looked at any smash 4 hit boxes or frame data so I can't say) I'm not really sure how links hitbox is on his spike anymore since I read it got nurfed awhile ago it would have been nice if his spike was consistently doable

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
i've locked with dair several times, it just depends on the % and where/when you hit them if they miss a tech. its possible with several other moves besides arrow/nair, but as said before not in a way that its very practical in a match.

RyuIsDio

Smash Rookie
i've locked with dair several times, it just depends on the % and where/when you hit them if they miss a tech. its possible with several other moves besides arrow/nair, but as said before not in a way that its very practical in a match.
Dtilt..? right

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I was at the best Sm4sh tourney I've been at so far this Saturday, mostly because of an amazing, last hit crewbattle. It was impossible not to join in. This photo of the final moment says enough:

I am next to this guy, who was very convinced the team I was rooting for (my homies that i visit nearly every week) would not make it (he, uh, lost some money):

Just look at this:

Notice the two people falling over chairs LMAO

Last edited:
Top Bottom