• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Update to the mouse story: I released it into the wild today. Good luck little mousy :b:! My apt is clean but the building is very old and by a lot of nature trails. There's all kinds of holes for field mice to sneak in.
Am I the only one who imagined Rizen releasing a Bombchu into the wild and having it terrorize the public?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure your mouse is just fine, Rizen. I bet he's banging all the chick mouses right now because he has a super cool story about the time he survived a human attack.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Got another tourney today with DF which will once again be streamed at www.twitch.tv/byo_controller starting about 5 hours from now
Competition wont be that great but for anyone who would like to see my Link most likely take another tourney.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I looked up Majora's Mask 3D and found you can't Zora swim without using magic? WTF? Why would they change that and Deku Link's spin not giving momentum? :facepalm:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
It was but a small, meaningless tourney with no money to be made but sorry for letting you guys down nonetheless. Suddenly i just stopped feeling it with Link and then im basically screwed. There was also no real will to win anymore, though there will be tomorrow in another tourney in which i'll have to face him again, and i'll destroy him once again like i should.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The troll money match was a highlight for me. I thought there was something wrong when I saw 'you' were using a game-pad and I thought that perhaps you had just given yourself a handicap.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
my friend challenged me to go link for an entire tournament in a week just for fun, what are some of his worst match-ups I can practise until then?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I played the Street Fighter 5 beta last night. Went on a 13 fight win streak, lost one and then went on an 18 fight streak again, beating the guy in a runback.

The game feels great and if any of you have a ps4 I'd highly recommend Preordering the game.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Got 7th out of 128 today at the big tourney, 100% Link. Also beat the wario in bracket this time as promised, both sets i lost were against 2 different pikachus, who placed 4th and 5th; that MU is hard work. One of those was on stream. Also DF got approx 33rd and I believe z3ph got 2nd last but not sure.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Got 7th out of 128 today at the big tourney, 100% Link. Also beat the wario in bracket this time as promised, both sets i lost were against 2 different pikachus, who placed 4th and 5th; that MU is hard work. One of those was on stream. Also DF got approx 33rd and I believe z3ph got 2nd last but not sure.
Z3ph got second to last or second?

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I was gonna say you made a funny with the 2nd place but the results thread speaks for itself.

And pls god no, I don't deserve your praise Rizen.
But never falter, I'll make you guys proud in upcoming tournaments!
You have potential, you can play pretty clean at times though sometimes your decision making can be a bit lacking and i also think you should use bombs more. Keep learning from your matches, keep getting more tournament experience and im sure you can do much better in the future.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if folks already mentioned this before, but Max Ketchum casually mentioned while commentating on Smash the Record that Tempo | Axe (the Melee player) plays Link in Smash 4 and is pretty good. Not sure how much he's exaggerating (Max's Falcon seems decent), but any idea whether there are videos of Axe's Smash 4 Link? Just curious.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Not sure if folks already mentioned this before, but Max Ketchum casually mentioned while commentating on Smash the Record that Tempo | Axe (the Melee player) plays Link in Smash 4 and is pretty good. Not sure how much he's exaggerating (Max's Falcon seems decent), but any idea whether there are videos of Axe's Smash 4 Link? Just curious.
There is no video proof of him playing link or even smash4

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
If I get the time off, I'll be attending Northwest Majors. Probably going to play both Melee and Smash 4. 350 people confirmed going, including Mango, M2k, Pewpewu, and Zero. Time to save up that work money for all the money matches I plan on playing (and losing).
Who else here is going?

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
If I get the time off, I'll be attending Northwest Majors. Probably going to play both Melee and Smash 4. 350 people confirmed going, including Mango, M2k, Pewpewu, and Zero. Time to save up that work money for all the money matches I plan playing (and losing).
Who else here is going?
That's awesome! have fun while you're there! I wish you the best!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I looked up Majora's Mask 3D and found you can't Zora swim without using magic? WTF? Why would they change that and Deku Link's spin not giving momentum? :facepalm:
I have the game and what I can say is that you can swim with Zora without using magic however it is a slower, easier to control swim and you can't Dolphin Jump. If you want to swim faster and Dolphin jump, you need to use that magic barrier.

Also, with Deku, you just need a short run up to get the momentum.

I notice both changes straight away and neither of the are really game breaking. They might annoy you at first but you get used to it.

:135:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Btw Cat made the front page of smash bros Reddit, this gif

I'm not linking the Reddit page, if you think about visiting it please stahp immidieately
(seriously not linking to reddit ****** repository)

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Btw Cat made the front page of smash bros Reddit, this gif

I'm not linking the Reddit page, if you think about visiting it please stahp immidieately
(seriously not linking to reddit ****** repository)
Not gonna lie, if that happened to me I'd probably be a bit salty about it. She (he?) seemed to laugh it off quite nicely.

Top Bottom